Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Adeptus Titanicus will save us edition

user's posting Inferno fluff pages sub-edition

That the dreams of Humanity are the darkest thing in all of creation is re-revealed, an user shared his Warder-Custode with us and so, so much more in the last thread (Cross-thread)

>THE ONLY SCANS WE'LL EVER GET
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/02/13/prospero-will-burn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would it be ok to model my vets with sniper rifles, if I use the marksman skill? I really like the look of sniper rifle marines, but recon squads are a bit shit.

Yeah, why not? it is a hobby where you build and convert YOUR miniatures. If you tell your opponent or model them in some way to make them stand out, go for it.

But I would know. ;_;

Imperial Fists, but I haven't started any vehicles yet because I don't have an airbrush for vehicles and my personal life doesn't give me much time or resources to devote to the hobby. I just like the fluff and the modelling more than playing desu.

So /hhg/, is it being That Guy to get fed up with kids entering 30k who don't actually understand the lore and just meme it up with Text to Speech shit?

If I hear another AWAKEN MY MASTERS joke when I field Custodes, or I AM FORTIFYING THIS POSITION when someone fields IF, I am likely to fucking flip

Yuh bro, do it up. Long suppressors and tacticool scopes on bolters would also look cool and may help with any wargear confusion on your opponent's part.

OK, want to start working towards a larger Mechanicum army if I'm going to be including the Filiketos gunship in it (Going to be a few weeks until it gets here so I can start work, apparently).

Rate list?

4k Ordo Reductor - AoD FoC.

HQ:

- Magos Reductor with Machinator Array (150)
- Archmagos Archimandrite with Cyber-familliar, Abeyant, Machinator Array, Djinn-Skein and 4 Occularis, Chainfist, Photon Thruster (355) Warlord.

ELITE:

- Techpriest Enginseer Auixilia - 1 extra Enginseer, 4 Servo-arm servitors (105)

TROOPS:

- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 12 Secutarii Hoplites, Omnispex (164)

FAST ATTACK:

- Arvus Lighter with Twin-Linked Multilaser (90)
- Lightning Fighter with 4 Kraken Missiles, Servitor Control and Auguries (210)
HEAVY SUPPORT:

- Macrocarid Explorator with Explorator Web, Flare, Ceramite, Grav Imploder and sponson Irrads (345)
- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with Graviton Imploders (240)
- Artillery tank squad - 3 Medusae, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, twin-linked bolter (480)

FORTIFICATION

- Skyshield Landing Pad (75)

LORD OF WAR:

- Suborbital Strike Wing - One Sokar-Pattern Stormbird, Orbital Strikes Upgrade - (Has to be the 40k Version, so 1 less lascannon and some extra heavy bolters) - 1000pts.
Allied Detatchment - Miltia and Cults

- Force Commander, Tainted Weapon (55)
- Provenances - Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh (70)

- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)
- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)

TOTAL: 3909 POINTS

OK, got 91 points spare, not sure where to put those. Any ideas?
This seem any good for that points level? Never gone up that high before.

warhammer-community.com/2017/02/13/prospero-will-burn/
>The seventh installment in our Horus Heresy series, Inferno will be available to order this weekend.
IT BEGINS!

Can't stand TTS, much in agreement. But I'm plastic and Chinacast loving plebeian so I guess my opinion is invalidated.

If you haven't started yet, you can make your own with the aid of translators or dictionaries, and surely some of us can help you here. I only know some basics of the language so my aid's limited, but I'll gladly help.

Calm your autism

Was thinking more full on long-las snipers, probably using Scion hot-shot lasguns.

Aw shit

Nooooo. All extremes are bad, both overmemery and memedrought must be avoided and suppressed.
Like all the info of the Fallen, traitors that have no link to the First Legion

On the one hand I wanna say it could lead to confusion but on the other hand if we were playing and you just pointed at your squad and said "hey these are sniper vets" there's really no way to misunderstand that.

YESS

YES

>Going to be a few weeks until it gets here so I can start work
Where the hell did you order it from? Hasn't it been a week already?

Holy fuck, that gif is some massive deja vu

Bionicles were my shit back in the day

Yes.
What bitz are you thinking of? The FW power-armour recon marines?

>who don't actually understand the lore
To what extent?
They haven't read all the HH novels or bought and devoured the several hundred pounds of black books and just got the red ones?

Bionicles are the new "le 90's kid" thing of this decade.

Lewa a best.

It's been three days. man, and over the weekend.
Actually not sure where it's coming from, but the shipping was free, so whatever, I have some Sicarians and Kastelans to paint in the meantime. Not sure why the shipping will take so long, but if it gets here in one piece I'm fine with it.

Gives me some time to get the rest of the bitz together too.

Still remember the original Makuta kit, that was a great model

>What bitz are you thinking of?

MkIV and Scion hot-shot lasguns.

Does anybody know what the little dot nubbins near the head of the Levithan dreadnought are?

Phosphex projectors?

could be its grenades, smoke launchers, phosphex dingles, or just aesthetic

I usually talk about so much of the Visions stuff being awful, but I really like that.

How are Whirlwinds for AA, specifically in a Ironwing list?
I think bringing a squadron of 3 (making them BS5) would do a pretty good job of fucking up any fliers the enemy brings

How does HHG feel about this start to a conversion for a fire raptor the base kit is stormraven when you order from FW.

>I ordered pepperoni on my pizza, not fucking pineapple

>"Can you hear me now?"

>not combining pepperoni and pineapple

Truly, SW is the wrost legion

Sweet fruit does not belong in savoury meals.

You disgust me.

My legion is better than your legion

>implying
Yeah? Well my dad could beat up your dad.

That is factually inaccurate.

No.

Doing Sons of Horus from 2 B@C boxes, what extra buys should I make? I like the idea of Land Raiders, to really reinforce the spear tip idea. I also have the fluff idea that the praetor will be a champion of the gods, a dark paladin who converted to chaos worship early in the warrior lodges.

Nope. My legion is objectively better than yours.

I also have the objectively best dad.

Too much gore?

Both are inferior pizza toppings. Garlic is where it's at.

Well, SoH speartips were mostly deepstriking, but hey no reason not to base one around LRs.

The right amount

I dunno, but the chainsword is in the wrong hand for the blood on his chest to be facing that way, since it seems to be going down a sstraight diagonal line to the right, whereas his sword is in the left hand, and so if he cut someone open with it and the blood sprayed onto him, logically it would be going down a diagonal line to the right, right?

Orbital assault works really well for them. Mass drop pods and teleporter assault

What did you think of the PotL idea that was posted last thread?
Land raiders can't hold more than 10, so veteran tactical squads are better suited than regular tacticals, and they confer outflank.

You might want a Chaplain or Librarian, or even a Word Bearers allied detachment if you want to go the full Chaos route.

Nope. Well-placed too.

If I was ever to do WE, I'd be be worried about it looking too much like it was RAINING BLOOD or they were literally wading through it rather than simply splashing on them like yours looks.

Nobody spoon fed me last time so I'll ask one more time and then stop being a faggot about it. Pls help though.

>Want to start EC
>No idea where to start
>Probably going to buy BaC
>Read the "30k tactica and tips" pastbin but it was useless

What books from OP should I read, and in what order?
Pic not really related but maybe sort of

He might have been revving it at an angle, an enemy might have tried to grab onto him while bleeding profusely, or some blood from the victim of the guy standing next to him might have hit him.

>guy asks for advice on making Landraiders work
>tells him about entirely different playstyles

>>Want to start EC
>>No idea where to start
HQ and 2 troops
You want to get easy-peasy uninspired plastic? 2 Tactical squads and a chaplain.
Read the Legion Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.

Get a wig, dye your hair purply-pink, maybe paint stars over your eyes or something, and wear some sparkly, wide ankled trousers.

Where are the rules for Iron Fire row?
I want to build a list with IW hvy gunline shooty shootshoots allied with WE fast attack assault choppy chops.

I like the tartaros helmet, it reminds me of the helmet from Gladiator.

Legion army list book under the generic RoWs.

I already do that, what next? Hope it won't hurt that I have a $300/day cocaine habit.

>Read the Legion Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.

Thanks user

Take more than one LR otherwise its just a fire magnet. If you do this then its best if you added Dreadclaws to make the most of your rules and give you some maneurevability and take some heat off your raiders.

I've not played that legion, but dammit man, there are vague ideas you can give us that would give us an idea of what you want to accomplish with that legion.
They were one that in-fluff prided themselves on being "masters", so anything can be fluffy, and they don't have RoW limitations like some other legions, but generally melee is their gimmick.

What kind of list you want senpai? Primarch or no Primarch? Many bodies or few bodies? Fast or not fast?

>what next?
Get one of your breasts enlarged and the other removed if there's one there already, also, make sure it's not the Crusade Army List since that's the old version.

Thanks. I have a feeling that the bonuses are IW only...
What artillery is recommended? Basilisks? Rapiers? Medusas?

Keep in mind you pick the vet skill at the beginning of the game, so if you're up against a tank army you can pick machine hunter instead of marksman.

But you'll rarely swap skills (unless they change significantly next time the rules get rewritten) so go ahead. I think it'd be ideal to keep them looking like bolters and just extend the barrel, but whatever.

I'm having a hard time picturing where it's going.

Hey /hhg/, here's my second model I've done, and he's miles better than my first.

Washing and drybrushing GW's texture paints makes them look amazing.

>What artillery is recommended? Basilisks? Rapiers? Medusas?
Medusae are better, but Basalisks look cooler, Quad Mortars are good to the point of being OP, so one (and only one, lest you be That Guy) squad is recommended.

GOTTA GO FAST is my main concern and I generally prefer the idea of playing without a Primarch 99% of the time. I want to run up to people from angles they're not expecting and perfectly stab them in the dick. Also finding a use for Kakophoni would be pretty cool.

>also, make sure it's not the Crusade Army List since that's the old version.

Noted, thanks

>fast and all angles
Outriders are scouting bikes, and can therefore outflank.

Those are the easiest things to make for the legion.

I'm not sure how to min-max bang for your buck in terms of models, but rules-wise you came to the right neighbourhood.

Read Age of Darkness Legions for Legion special units and characters. And 1d4chan tactica for a brief insight, it will answer quite a few of the questions you have.
If you're interested in stories, look for Emperor's Children on lexicanum and go to the sources section.

Okay, thanks anons. I will get on that. Outriders + infantry and stuff sounds like my kind of army (also Outriders have amazing models). I don't really care that much about minmaxing so after I figure out whether it's fluff rape to run them without Fulgrim I might get some of those phoenix terminator body guard guys since they look cool too.

Much appreciated, thanks again. I'll get reading on the stuff from OP now.

Anyone? I guess I could take some Mutant Spawn just for silliness, or drop a couple Hoplites and upgrades and get an Ordinator or some other enginseers to repair the Stormbird from inside.

Thinking that the "Must Hover for a turn" on the Skyshield is easily worth having the Stormbird there for T1, since I think even a D-spam Reaver Titan will struggle to nuke down 2 Voids, 12 AV14 HP, all with a 4++.

Anyone actually used a Stormbird? Did it do anything particularly cool or terrible? Imagine you'd need to be careful with the nuke with Indirect Fire locked.

>I don't really care that much about minmaxing
I was talking about using Calth as the absolute basis of your army, I mean.
Some legions do better with CQC troop squads than bolter marines, for which it ranges from slightly more expensive (SW) to frigging impossible (WE) to save much money building your army from Calth or Prospero.
EC is one of those, I think, but you can still get the most of out of the boxsets so long as you're happy to pay 20-40 points extra within your tactical squads and have your troops modelled as wielding bolters rather than "dynamic" poses charging into battle.
EC aren't fluffed as rage-fueled or indisciplined, so it's fine to have them wielding bolters even if you end up charging them into battle as a matter of course.

You'll probably some metal boxes for them infantry squads.

Cool thanks. Got one medusa and one thudd rapier
After a short read through I decided against Iron Fire and figured the best choice is to load up WE with nuncio-voxes and run them forwards to provide eyes for the artillery. Sworn brothers benefit from each others' nuncios.
Maybe a list of shattered legion featuring these two might be fun as well...

See what happens when you have faith, Word Bearer?

Any examples of a primaris-lightning painted in legion colors?

I need... inspiration.

>tfw Ordo Sinister got their Imperators retconned away.
>allofmyrage.gif

Generally speaking your goal as an EC player is to get the charge and win by sweeping units. And you want Phoenix Terminators because they look so cool. Put them in an assault vehicle (if they have a character attached then it has to be a Spartan or Kharbydis).

The Maru Skara rite of war is great, and really helps use the EC's relatively subtle advantages. Consider taking Fulgrim, too. Being able to choose his warlord trait is a big deal - you can build an army around that.

The risk with Maru Skara is that your outflankers could arrive on the wrong side. That's why a lot of people take fast units, but if they arrive on the right side (2/3 chance) then you've wasted points. Better to take shooty units (can't assault first turn so if you take close combat units, they should be durable ones like dreadnoughts or units in heavy transports).

Read the fluff sections of the first two black books and the novel Fulgrim. EC are the bad guys in a big chunk of The Path of Heaven (mostly about the White Scars though). There are novellas and short stories about EC too, but you'll have to search for them in the anthologies.

>I was talking about using Calth as the absolute basis of your army, I mean.

Ah, I see. I will look into getting FW stuff or else using some shooty-looking BaC squads because as you noted EC are supposed to be able to do everything anyway.

Thanks user, that's very helpful. I'm going to copy/paste and save this post for later. Right now I'm still reading though the PDF of the Age of Darkness army list thing.

Can you bring shattered legions as an allied detachment?

Basically, do you need an HQ from a 2nd legion just to take regular goons with their LA rule or do you only need the HQ for legion specific units?

I am just picturing it in my mind:
A calm IW captain standing his hands folded while a WE lieutenant impatiently paces behind him while artillery pounds enemy fortifications. As soon as the wall is breached a white'n'blue tide of bloodthirsty madmen surges forward to slaughter everyone inside.

I've got a guy in my group who watches that shit but he's too busy quoting Archer, American Dad, and DBZ abriged to quote it.

Two lines of the rules about shattered legions specifically say Primary Detachment, so looks like no go on allies, unless you ven find different wording.

Phone scanon, could you post some custodes fluff whenever you are willing and have a chance?

If I do get into Custodes I fully intend to get the bare chested slaughter priest, remove the Khorne images, and replace his head with a Custodes helmet and use him as a shield captain or better. The TACTICAL Custodes are perfect since I'm pretty sure they'll come with a full Custodes sprue along with the bolters and helmets

We have the fluff pages now?

What's wrong with you?

Seems like the perfect amount.

Looks good to me.

Dont cry, warlord sinister is a god machine worthy of the ordo.

There are two Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness books:
"Army List" - generic marines + FW book 6's new legion-specific rites of war
"Legions" - legion-specific rules and units through FW book 5

The 3rd Company Elite rite of war is good if you want to run lots of Kakophoni. Two squads with Rhinos are good even if they don't move, because Rhinos can block/redirect units that want to charge them. The rest of your list should be assault-oriented (though you may need a Sicaran Venator for anti-Spartan duty). Outriders were great when you could use multiple meltabombs. Not so much anymore, but I'm expecting FW to allow it again when 40k moves to the 8th ed (rumor is HH will keep 7th ed rules with FW-specific edits).

I'd to squeeze in 5 Phoenix Guard in a Dreadclaw or Land Raider or a few of their models as a command squad with a Tartaros praetor.

If you like Leviathans, they really need a dreadnough drop pod. Other dreads are more viable on foot.

Some rape machines are too good for this earth.

Using a variant of the Forgeworld Word Bearers recipe, with Vallejo Transparent Red.

*too big for this table

I'm sure someone would be interested in buying a man-sized lump of resin for the price of a small car though.

Sexy colour. Looks kind of "dusty" though, was that intended?

the transfer looks too clean compared to the rest of the model.

Has anyone here built Breachers from BoP plastic MkIII with regular breacher shields from eBay or recasts or whatever?

I'm dryfitting the bits and the arms and shields aren't aligning well at all, not sure which of the pieces I should repose to make it work.

>Looks kind of "dusty" though, was that intended?

Yes I drybrushed it with silver to make it look beat up. Unfortunately my drybrush has a tendency to splatter fine particles of paint everywhere which makes things look dusty. I need to stop using it.

>the transfer looks too clean compared to the rest of the model.

Yeah I don't really like how the transfer turned out. I should weather it as well. This guy is the first of his squad to receive a transfer, hopefully the rest will be better.

I can still see paint, not enough

Shoulder is messy
Drill tthe barrel rather than painting it
Put the transfer on before you weather the model.