What's a good, rules light fantasy RPG? I'm looking for something I can easily run on Roll20 outside of my regular game...

What's a good, rules light fantasy RPG? I'm looking for something I can easily run on Roll20 outside of my regular game. Something kind of light on prep and mechanics, because I don't want to burn myself out by running something dense on top of another game.

Other urls found in this thread:

danielbayn.com/wushu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mouse Guard?

Dungeon World.

Mouse Guard isn't rules-light!

Ryuutama.

Even if Dungeon World wasn't bad, PbtA games are not exactly suited for online play.

Stop this Ryuutama faggotry. If you want a decent fantasy game from Japan, use Golden Sky Stories.

OP: define "rules light". Is DND 3.5 rules light for you? Medium? Heavy?

Fantasy d6 or even Mini d6

Care to offer intelligible criticism instead of insults?

Ryuutama is objectively complex, unimaginative, crunchy, without any useful link between the designer's agenda and how to accomplish that in game within the ruleframe. It's almost as bad as WOD.

The problem here is not that it's shit, tough, it's that I see many subhumans that really think it is "simple". And THIS should be stopped.
Rules go on for, like, 150-200 pages. It's in the same ballpark of DND 5. It's retarded, stop it.

It is simple though. Roll two dice, try to beat a target number.

And other 200 pages for the rest of rules.

Stop being retarded, user.

>Wait, someone put RULES in this RULEBOOK?
>WHAT IS THIS MADNESS AHHHHHHHHHHHH

You're being silly.

Swords and Six-Siders is an extremely simple clone of original DnD. The illustrations are crude throwbacks to really early RPG art, there's only the barest implication of a setting, and it doesn't take itself very seriously. It has surprisingly elegant mechanics, though. I'm on mobile or I'd post the pdf, but it's free either way.

>PbtA games are not exactly suited for online play.

Are you kidding? I've had great experiences with PbtA online. They have fewer rolls and fewer mechanical points to debate than most systems, which keeps things moving nice and smooth.

This, there's even a sample fantasy setting in Mini Six. Can even port the gear from D6 Fantasy to Mini Six without much trouble either. Only problem is the lack of a premade character sheet on Roll20, if your players really like those.

I played Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2nd edition a few weeks ago, and it was very simple and nice.

This +10000000000 times. The concept is awesome. The real rules are as shit as the homebrew's thread recurring pdfs

I said that there are too much rules to consider that in any way a "rules-light" game.

Vast, Starlit is a (very) rules-light game. Don't Rest Your Head is as well. The Warren and Hell 4 Leather probably are.

Apocalypse World certainly isn't anymore, TOR or Ryuutama are rules-heavy. The fact that Ryuutama is shit isn't really relevant per se, altough there is no reason to play it, but I wouldn't certainly say to OP "play TOR" even if (probably) is a nice game.

OP might check Fellowship, but it's not THAT light, a little lighter than AW, perhaps a little heavier than DW.

I like black hack, abstract ranges means it's good for online play and it has a lot of supplements.

You can't get more 8 bit than this

Into the Odd.

It's an OSR game that's somehow even lighter than B/X D&D without losing too much.

Barbarians of Lemuria is also great for more of a hack and slash experience.

The Black Hack.

This
Or Maze Rats

Dungeon World is not rules lite.

Got your back senpai!

Its Sci Fi, but, you can change "lasers" to swords. and "feelings" to magic. You can even grab a D9 and add another stat.

Alternatively! if you're looking for something Rules light and something that can be played in any type of setting try Wushu. Its great to play drunk, but you need people who really want to buy in to the game. danielbayn.com/wushu/

Barbarians of Lemuria.
Torchbearer.
Plenty of choices really.

cool

If you take the Pocket edition, which spares all the full page artwork and pretty white spaces, it's 124 pages, including class sheets and monster examples and stuff.
. If you also exclude the class sheets and homebrew guidance and examples, the rules themselves weigh in at exactly 46 pages, total. And that's with adding in the Moves Expanded section that just explains the various moves in more detail. You could probably pare it down some more at the cost of making it harder for newbies to learn.
Sure, that's no Lasers and Feelings, but that's still pretty clearly not a rules-heavy system. (It's also a far cry from the no-rules freeform thing that some other folks claim it is)

there is also a One page version for maximum lighness. But OP, if you want to you can find the full thing on the author's blog, is the best thing there is. Is a little more steampunk-esque or something, but you can change Arcana to common Spells and Willpower for Wisdom just like that.

>124 pages
>pocket edition
>shitty game anyways
fuck you and your cat