Who thought this was a good idea

who thought this was a good idea

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-mechanized-production-standard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Design Team, most likely. Why, is there a degenerate deck in Standard with it?

lol

Blue gets an alternate win-con sometimes. See also: Biovisionary

It's a good idea for fun

Wow a turn 12 win in Modern.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to build my Mechanized Clues deck

Blue does not get to have fun. Blue should never have fun. Blue should just die.

Why yes, I am a mono-Red player, how'd you guess?

Tested a jank Artifact Modern deck recently

Enchanted a Dark Steel Citidal. Being on curve forever was awesome, but I ended up winning with Tokens long before the production finished.
And that was the best case scenario- basically slowly mimicking green.

Blue can let others have fun too.

Just not too much of it.

Well now I want to start shitbrewing

Cool your jets Des. Take your meds and stay off the internet for a few months

>tfw your favorite color since you were a kid is coincidentally the best color
It's a good feeling

The problem is that it says "Artifact" and not "Enchantment" when we have Hedron Alignment in the format or even fucking "Permanent".

If some guy has 8 fucking Islands in play just let them win.

It's so fucking useless that they hobble these good ideas by making the cards unplayable.

>tfw your favorite color since you were a kid is only relevant in powering other, better colors and hasn't gotten anything more interesting than token spam or "big creature with trample" for an epoch

People who didn't know that tokens were a thing in commander.

Commander boards get wiped more often than your internet history, at least in my meta.

There are zero Commander token decks that this is making a splash in.
There is absolutely nothing overpowered about Mechanized Production in any format. It's just a run of the mill blue alt wincon enchantment.

It was me, Dio!

does this works with clues ??

nice.

In my local meta, creature boardwipes are damn near every other turn, but non-creature boardwipes are basically nonexistant and only happen when something wipes creatures and non-creatures. .

Clues have gotta be the shittiest, clunkiest, least flavorful mechanic I can imagine.

>investigate/mechanized production deck
I don't want to build it
but I would be happy if it existed

Obviously people on the design team with a penchant for tricking Timmies.

>Timmies
Johnnies.

Lord knows they haven't given a fuck about Vorthos for the better part of a decade.

>shittiest
Sees lots of play.
>clunkiest
Not at all. It's great for draw go strategies that want to get the most out of their mana. The fact that they put it on already on-curve bodies is what made it playable.
>least flavorful
It makes plenty of sense. Something's afoot, investigators find out what's going on, dig through deck.

You clearly haven't played long. Cycling lacks any kind of flavor, and there are so many mechanics that went nowhere due to how shitty/clunky/forgettable they actually are. See: fabricate, skulk, cohort, outlast, etc. The reason you even care about Investigate is because the cards make lists.

Meh, they try. All the Partner Commanders were old characters that they used to try to appeal to the Vorthoses. The reason the lore got relegated to Wednesday articles is because nobody bought the books or even read them when they were included in other products. There's just not a lot of money to be made in Vorthoses.

I feel you user. At least we're getting card advantage now. Maybe we'll get a new evasion clause one day now that landwalk is out

I've seen it break a red/blue stalemate with this

Any artifacts. You don't even need 8 of the thing you're enchanting, you just need to have 8 identically named artifacts.

mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-mechanized-production-standard

Did anybody try this out?

>turn an island into an artifact
>enchant it
>start a clock and mana ramp at the same time

ayyy, this is silly.

All eight cards need to be artifacts.

the copies mechanized production makes are going to be artifacts and memenarch can convert your other islands too.

>Thought Memnarch's first ability said "until end of turn"
>Reread it

Am I the only one that likes Mechanized Production with Mycosynth Lattice / Hellkite Tyrant?

Despite all the hate Mirrodin gets the cards actually make sense lore-wise, it was Kamigawa when it all went to shit.

I had a friend show up with this today using clues. It was pretty neat, but a bit clunky however it could still definitely win.

Run 4 for a turn 8 win.

Run with a mycosynth lattice to mass produce mass production.

It's far from the most extreme example of each, but I don't like it - sacrificing clues for cards doesn't feel right. I'd rather players get Clue counters and get to do one of scry, look at the top N cards of an opponent's library, or look at some cards in an opponent's hand up to once a turn by spending some of the counters in conjunction with a creature on the battlefield.

Go away desolator magic

That's just broken af and not fun at all

The scry thing ok, but the look at the cards of an opponent's hand/library?

Try them doing that to you, how does it feel? Unfun

You just enchant Gearhulks. But if you're doing that, you'll win much faster by just attacking with the extra gearhulks you make. Hell if you copy the red one you don't even need to attack, you'll win off 3-4 triggers.

Note how Production doesn't care if its the enchanted artifact you have eight of or not. It creates a copy and then looks wether you have eight of any artifact.

His shirt actually means just blue.

underrated comment

Men Nagle has the weirdest fucking body shape. It's like I have to do a SAN check evey time I see him.

>the copies mechanized production makes are going to be artifacts
This isn't true. See the difference between Phantasmal Image and Phyrexian Metamorph copying a Mishra's Factory.