Best system for a Hellboy/B.P.R.D. game:

Best system for a Hellboy/B.P.R.D. game:

Atomic Robo Fate RPG or the Hellboy GURPS RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

evilhat.com/home/wp-content/uploads/FAE.zip
warehouse23.com/products/SJG31-0004
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump for I too am interested

If you're doing a more human sided campaign then Esoterrorists might be up your alley

Isn't Esoterrorists full investigative? Does it even have a combat system?

GURPS and FATE are VERY different games for very different kinds of people. Figure out which one of the basic systems you like more.

Take a quick look at fate accelerated:
evilhat.com/home/wp-content/uploads/FAE.zip
Then a quick look at GURPS Lite:
warehouse23.com/products/SJG31-0004

GURPS Lite is not representative of the GURPS experience.

In what ways is it not?

OP here, I'm aware they're very different systems, I'm trying to figure out which of the two games fit the tone and style of the Hellboy comics better, hopefully with some insight from people who've played either.

With FATE you'll also likley be able to take a lot of Ready Made urban/modern fantasy stuff from the Dresden Files RPG.

It strips out practically everything in favor of just the basic dice mechanic. Like if you made a simple Risus-like dice pool game and called it "Shadowrun Lite."

Delta Green

Atomic Robo

FATE
GURPS
Savage Worlds
Mutants and Masterminds
Monster of the Week
nWoD

All acceptable choices.

Kind of related, but I have this limited edition Hellboy GURPS sourcebook. Would it be worth anything? It's in my shed somewhere from when I moved.

There's an Atomic Robo RPG?

GUMSHOE would work if you want to focus on investigation

Gurps or Savage Worlds would be great for B.P.R.D. for how lethal their job is.

Well, the official Hellboy RPG is already a GURPS hack, so might as well go with that.

It has a very barebones combat system

Yeah, it's bretty gud (in general and for Hellboy too). Was one of the first Fate spinoffs to use "modes" IIRC.

You're thinking of GURPS Ultra Lite, not Lite.