Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Glorious Imperial Steel Folded 1000 Times Will Cut Through Anything, Filthy Xenos Go Home edition

>Neighborly Thread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=EDu04O22mJ8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
trackofwords.wordpress.com/2017/02/11/black-library-there-and-back-again-with-laurie-goulding/
pastebin.com/9qDTzA2e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I might be having a moment, but I'm not seeing the White Scars supplement in the MEGAs.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Also, Fulgrim's coming back. Who excite here?

It's called "Kauyon," or "Angels of Death."

>any of these but Furious Charge on a Winged DP of Khorne with Axe of Blind Fury
HNNNG

>Still not Sailor Celestine, Sailor Greyfax Jupiter, Sailor Veilwaker Pluto Yet

GOD DAMMIT DRAWFAGS!

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c

mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

Best way to make your own minis? Don't want to buy from (((Them))).

I thought there were online only supplements for WS and RG separate from those books.

then don't play this game.

Greenstuff. But with the amount of medical bills from your blood pressure shooting through the stratosphere while sculpting, you're better off buying GW.

I'd be willing to buy a bunch of models, but not the entire chapter I want.

It's only vaguely related but I really wish Warlord Traits would offer more ranged rules. So few lists for them actually give stuff for warlords who shoot rather than stab.

Idea for helping deal with MCs or otherwise units that are too durable:

AP2/AP1 weapons deal D3 wounds when a 6 is rolled to wound. This does not affect wounds caused by Rending.

Thoughts?

3dpd
3d printed

>but not the entire chapter I want.

3d printing always has those horrible lines though and isn't really passable in the examples I've seen.

Lexicanum or the Warhammer Wiki for basic lore?

Probably not accurate but maybe he means the old 'counts as' rules back from before Space Marines had Chapter Tactics tacked on to unit profiles.

Like how you could legit run Calgar, just as an Imperial Fist. Thereby making him not shit by merit of Imperial Fists are the only cool original Space Marines.

I think someone just broke WS and RG off from Kauyon and uploaded it.

maybe you should get gud

Just buy off eBay.

No, he was accurate, OCD is a bitch

The problem is not MCs, it's a very specific handful of MC's spread across exactly 2 Codexs.
Rather than introducing yet another bandaid that just happens to fuck over 'Nids, just errata the problematic units.
> Wraithknight goes up +100pts
> Riptide goes up +30pts, remove Ion overcharge but keep the Nova one
> Stormsurge cannot Stomp when braced, D-Missiles get the Ordnance rule.

Honestly moving everything to W/T and bringing in Multiple Wounds would likely be a good move for 40k.

Here is your tank. It is T7 with a 3+ save and 5 wounds. Here is your meltagun. It is Str 8 AP 1 with Multiple Wounds (D3). At 6 inches or less it becomes multiple wounds d6.

Lexicanum for bare-bones 99% factual stuff, WH40kwiki for 50% copy/paste 50% fanon stuff.

>Used models
>Ever

Torsion cannon

Radical, I need things to peruse in between classes

If you bought every single one of those models fully assembled and had everything single one of them delivered to where you live tomorrow and had a full and free supply of brushes, paint, primer, and basing material it would still take the rest of your life to fully paint that chapter.
You mad bastard

Reminder to remove Ynnari on sight.

just remember in either case you're better off looking at the source and reading the information there

both sites have a weird habit of omitting or changing information

>Implying I do anything else in my spare time aside from shitpost.
Thank you for believing in me.

But dem hips tho

Oh I'm aware, but for some reason I had it backwards for a while and was reading from the wiki, then saw people recommending Lexicanum accompanied with seeing misinformation on the wiki, but I wanted to be sure

How often do you think the Visarch hits that?

Why do you think he cuts people to pieces so quickly? Needs to get back to dat ass.

REMOVE!!!

I'd join her warhost, if you know what I mean.

Never, he's too busy white knighting her, literally

I was rolling on the Chapter creation tables to get some ideas, when I stumbled upon the Bestial companion result. Basically saying the chapter used animals like how the space wolves used wolves.

Is that even feasible to do on the tabletop? I can't think of many Imperial Beast or Cavalry models outside of allying space wolves, and then you're stuck with those handfuls of space wolves in your army.

Why do some Space Marines have those circle things in their head?

Quick question, is it good to place Pedro Kantor on a unit such as the Honor Guard or Assault Terminators squad other than the Sternguard Veterans?

Only when he earns it.

Some guy recreated the entire battle of waterloo right down to the correct number of soldiers by himself. That was painting something like 200,000 soldiers by himself, and it only took 20 years. I'm certain user could finish a chapter within a decade.

The entire Ultramarines Legion might be a different story though.

Service studs, they denote years of service.

Implants. Helps neophytes become actual Space Marines.

Count-as bikes for cavalry. Really it's kind of dumb since Space marines are heavy as fuck and their power armor won't let them spread their hips that wide

Sometimes a shoota hits but it rarely wounds

My goal for this year is to build and paint my whole chapter.

I've got about 14% of the infantry for it, calling them my Iron Fists. Cause Iron Hands are competitive cheddar for tournament scene, while Imperial Fists are cool and fluffy.

Seriously, please let the new edition give Imperial Fist Chapter Tactics that don't just fuck up buildings. I would play them in a heartbeat if they didn't have only one good thing. Then again, they're effective in Skyhammer because you can be a massive troll with ObSec H Bolter Devs that can combat squad out to 4 teams of 3/2 and just lay down assloads of pinning fire while your jump marines clean house.

You know, if the meta wasn't so fucking loaded with MCs that can't be pinned.

painting a full chaos space marine warband is what separates the men from the boys

>warbands typically have thousands of chaos cultists
>cultists exist in model form so ya gotta paint em

gg

space marines have serfs and such too of course but no model representation

bby you ready to feed She who Thirsts mid game?

Seriously though, short of an entire chapter when do you stop collecting and still maintain maximum variety?

>soul blaze
is this the most over-estimated special rule in the game? It's so worthless and it never does anything

>bby
Mcfucking kill yourself

For marines? A full company is a good stopping point.

You never stop collecting you just sorta go with the flow.
I've collected less than a company's worth of space marines but outside of a few modeling projects I have distantly planned I'm getting ready to move onto another army or delve into 30k for a change.

Not everyone plays MEQs.
It's a big deal for IG players who have low toughnesss/bad saves.

Enough to begin saving the Eldar race singlehandedly.

Where to start with Eldar / Ynnari?

I'm leaning towards Wraith-everything, with some Aspect warriors. I've got some Banshees, ebaying some warp spiders, Fire Dragons look cool.

Was thinking of getting 2-3 Start Collecting Eldar kits, Wraithknight, 2 boxes of wraith guard, and then I'm lost.

What's good? Any goodness from the new faction?

Pretty much. It's tedious to keep track of and rarely does anything.

Personally, I'd change it so it dealt 3+d3 S 5 AP 3 ignores cover hits if they don't move next turn, and d3 if they do. Then it'd be good for flushing out cover camping units that lack really heavy armor.

>Saving the Eldar Race
>Feeds the biggest craftworld to Slaanesh.

RIP Biel-Tan
You were delicious.

>Iron Fists, an Imperial Fists sucessor chapter

>What's good? Any goodness from the new faction?
Dark Eldar taxi service comes without having to take the mandatory troops choices, which is nice.

Get about 5-10 of each Devastator.
Get 20-40 Assault Marines and magnetize their Jump Packs.
Get roughly 40-80 Tacticals.
Get 50-10 of each Tactical Special Weapon
Get 3 Power Armor Captains and magnetize.
Get 3 Terminator Captains and magnetize.
Get 3 Chaplains (Jump, Terminator, magnetize a torso so he can footslog or bike).
Get 3-6 Librarians (of whatever armor type)
3 Land Raiders. Magnetize guns. If you ever need more than three Land Raider's you're doing something wrong cause that's 750 fucking points what the fuck m8
3 Predators with Lascannons
6 Razorbacks because they become rhinos once you pop off the turret.
10 Drop Pods. Because either go full pods or don't. 1-3 pods are fine for delivering gravturions or dreads to the table.
15 bikes. Because bikes.

Maybe some of the flyer models too if you really like. 2 of the transports, 4 of the gunships. Because if you're gonna field them, use the formation so you get bang for buck.

lelwut. it's literally just 1d3 bolter shots. not even that, the *possibility* of 1d3 bolter shots. maybe people have not been using it correctly in your games.

what makes it useless is the retarded fact that it doesn't stack, it should at least stack to a certain degree. it would actually be useful if you could max out like 5 soul blaze tokens on a unit, then it would be worth it at the price it costs now.

That and actually being able to start the game deployed in the vehicle.

The souls of Biel-Tan are with Ynnead, not Slaanesh.

What about termies?

5-10 tactical spec weapons.

And of course you're gonna want 9 Grav Cannon Centurions because fuck not running cheese in a world where Wraithknights and Riptides are 8/8 tournament slots.

this should be on OP

>trackofwords.wordpress.com/2017/02/11/black-library-there-and-back-again-with-laurie-goulding/

>When Games Workshop had been making its sales figures public for that time to their investors and putting it out in the financial sector with its annual reports, it was quite obvious that the HUGELY profitable Black Library division had dropped down to almost nothing. It was because of the direction that we’d been given, and all of our authors were being asked to work on tie-in products for Studio stuff in order to basically provide marketing material for the games or for new miniatures.

>tfw 8th reserve company would probably be able to take on entire 1st Company and Chapter Command

Grav was a mistake.

I guess that could work, since I hasn't planned on any bikes yet anyway. Still feels a bit weird though.

5-10 Hammernators
5 Clawbros
10 Shooty Terminators with magnetized H Flamer (for Space hulk) and Assault Cannon.

You really rarely ever field them. If anything you're throwing Hammernators into an LR Redeemer/Crusader with a Chaplain and hoping to fuck to crack open a Knight or some other retarded superheavy.

Terminators are OK, but they don't do a whole lot. Especially if you gimp their ride.

>Slaanesh

Funny way of spelling Ynnead...

>Where to start with Eldar / Ynnari?
>I'm leaning towards Wraith-everything, with some Aspect warriors. I've got some Banshees, ebaying some warp spiders, Fire Dragons look cool.
their wraith-host formation and then a standard CAD with an Archon delivery service

Pedro himself can't deep strike so putting him in with termies would be an odd choice unless you are sticking them in a LR.

Even then If you want to assault then you would be better off putting him in an honour guard. That way you can get access to a chapter banner and can make a nice shiny deathstar.

most people who stick with the hobby for years end up with thousands of points worth of shit they will never paint. that is why I am limiting myself to a single faction, I will only ever play chaos space marines (okay, with daemons and R&H allies too but nothing major. still the same "faction")

right now my goal is to have at least 2 of each unit in the chaos codex, I am maybe 40% there. After that I will check out some forgeworld stuff, and begin fluffing up my infantry. I want to loosely represent most of my warband in model form, and have a nice variety of lists, so I'm thinking around 200 tactical marines (already have ~100 from a combination of MSRP, FLGS used lots, and ebay) and 300 cultists to let me run horde sometimes.

Fluffwise, grav weapons are pretty rare and hard to maintain. It's unlikely that the chapter has enough of them to go around for the full company. At best, a tech savvy chapter with good ad mech ties may have a dozen or so for their devastaors, and a dozen or so pistols. I could actually see them having more normal gravguns than the others, since they aren't as compact as pistols, but aren't as powerful as cannons.

What was really a mistake was this not being reflected in the rules at all. Ideally, Grav guns would be like helfrost. Rare upgrade for Dreadnoughts and HQs

>Mystical warp entity that feeds on eldar souls
>Avatar has same stats as a keeper of secrets
>Model looks like a croneworld eldar demon prince of Slaanesh
Oh yeah, Ynnead is totally not Slaanesh. No way. Just like Khaine and Khorne are totally different!

As cool as formations are, they completely fucked the meta.

The fact that you can just dump Riptides into a mix of Wraithknights is beyond stupid. And all without adhering to any real form of CAD or Allies rules. There needs to be a rule on a golden page at the front of the next rulebook where it specifically states:

"This is a game. It is meant to be fun. We don't always make good calls, but you can. If you're playing someone who isn't there for fun, claim victory. He who fights without honor has already lost."

Good point.

What are the best army cases for taking on a plane?

Transitioning to a phase in my life where I have to fly back and forth a couple times throughout the year and I have a group that plays warhammer in both locations so I'd like to be able to take my army with me

That citadel 'ard case seems pretty decent for the price especially considering I can get it for 20% off, but I don't know anything about how good their cases actually are or if there's a better cheaper alternative

Text-rendered for easiest readability. Armored/biker Inquisition/Marine list. Any feedback?

pastebin.com/9qDTzA2e

The book outright states that Yncarne/Ynnead is anathema to Chaos. It is poison for them. The Chaos Gods cannot even look at it since they cannot perceive it.

Ynnead is anti-Chaos since he is made of death energies and necromancy.

We keep the grav weapons for our kataphrons

For my Black Templars, I just kind of expand when I notice I have a severe lack of certain things. For example, I noticed the other day that I need more Rhinos and melee Crusaders, so those are probably my next investment, alongside maybe a Vindicator.

For my AdMech, I just picked up an Eradication Cohort the other week and wish I'd be able to get another one. 2 of those, a Knight, 3 Start Collecting boxes and 1 or 2 extra Skitarii sets will give pretty much everything you will ever need. Only unit you might want to expand onn are Kataphrons and maybe another Dragoon, though you're probably never going to need more than 6 of each Kataphron or more than 3 Dragoons/Ironstriders.

>not being WAAC
oh sweetie..

Thats exactly what the chaos gods want you to think.

The idea of formations is cool, and there are some really fluffy ones.

The problem is the formations that let you take X good units with buffs and no tax at all. It's literally just all upsides if you were spamming it anyway.

Branch out to new armies. Make things that seem cool or fun to you. Try new things. If you have enough space marines , then look at other things, or just stop buying.

>some really fluffy ones.

All of them are technically fluffy or things that are done in the lore.

It's kind of weird that on the TT, the AdMech is more stingy in giving out Grav to their own Alphas than they seemingly are towards Space Marines.

One would think that there'd at least be a relic Grav weapon for Tech-Priests or Skitarii Alphas but not even that.

Just modify the MCs that are overpowered, don't fuck over the nerfed ones.

New to 40K and Tau, don't have any Riptides.....yet. How's my list?

needs more riptides

What's the point of the Inquisitorial warband besides fluff? The acolytes and the Inquisitor are pointless since you could take those terimators by themselves as a Nemesis Deamonhammer Strikeforce without the extra points.

Should finally be getting my army back off the guy who's been holding it hostage in the next few days, the threat of court and having someone else pick it up for me seems to have worked.
Over the moon tbhtbh

That add gave me cancer.

White Scars
Run Khan
Hvy Support: 3 Dev Squads in a Metal box
6 Grav Cannons w/ Amps: 150(Khan w/his bike)+210(devs)+210(grav)+105(rhinos)

675 points base, and you can Scout move 3 squads of devs in a box to the middle sections of the table and throw out 10 shots with re-rolling wounds pretty much anywhere on the board while the rest of your army runs around murdering everything.

Fuck it, spam bikes with grav, or my friend runs 'mafioso' style with 5 guys in Razorbacks with combi-gun+special. Roll up, jump out, shoot, jump back in.

>At that point, right around the time that things seemed to be going completely off the rails, I didn’t know what I was going to be asked to produce next, and the authors were being stretched to the maximum possible capacity. Black Library then decided that it didn’t need separate sales teams and events team, and that it didn’t need to be separate from Publications in any way! The editorial team was merged with the games development and writing teams, all of whose desk editors were merged with our editorial team. Suddenly I was being asked to edit Codexes! Conversations went like this:

>“I have NEVER edited a game book before – why are you asking me to edit this stuff?”

>“Oh, it’s on your to-do list, because you’re not doing anything today and the deadline is Friday.”

>“Umm, who says I’m not doing anything today?”

>“On the schedule, according to the chart you don’t have any books on the go until the end of next week…”

>“Well I’m doing all the other stuff that needs doing, like speaking to my authors about what they’d like to write, looking for opportunities to do collections and anthologies-”

>“Well that doesn’t show up on the system so you’ll have to fill your time with more scheduled tasks instead.”

>“Wow.”

Hahaha...poor Laurie.

it's fine