MTG Modern General

GP EDITION

Modern GP this weekend in Vancouver.

Anyone coming on up to Igloo Land and playing some Magic the Gathering?

What are you playing/going to play?

What are you hoping to dodge?

Seeing how Fatal Push was printed to help out Modern players, what kind of support do you hope to see in Amonkhet? Please no Custom Card autism.

RESOURCES
Current Modern Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

DATABASES
magiccards.info
gatherer.wizards.com

READINGS
A New Modern
channelfireball.com/articles/a-new-modern-with-aether-revolt/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-02-17-rwe-deck/
modernnexus.com/metagame-breakdown-jan-17/
archive.is/1ug5x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is gonna be shit. Good OP though

Who /vancouver/ here?

DUDE

Mardu vehicles will win

I'm stoked to see infect not in the top 8.

Who's ready for Bant Eldrazi 1-5 and affinity, jund, and ad naus taking the rest

Going to GP Brisbane this weekend... get hype!

Remember when Veeky Forums said Hope of Ghirapur was a good card?

No?

modern pls die

Naw. It's fun

It is in .

Everyone was saying it was shit when it was spoilered, but ok.

>Modern has been banished to ice hell with the fucking leaf.
WotC wants us dead so hard.

>GP and playing/going to play
Eh I was thinking about it but my deck is a shit tier homebrew that can't even consistently win FNM. Keeps going 2-2. It's a kiln fiends prowess deck that relies on pumps to kill early (Basically worse infect) If I could switch to GB infect in time I would though.

>Hoping to dodge
Cheerios man. Consistent T2 Emracool or worse Grapeshot. I have sideboard tech currently but after switching to infect I'm gonna have less options.

>Hoping to see in Anonkeked
I mean I'd want reprints of staples more than anything to lower prices but that would fuck standard a bit too much where as things like fatal push can generally pass through no problem. I suppose I would like to see the phyrexians and new cards based around their mechanics but Wotc hates everything they've done with the phyrexians so it would require some hard tinkering to make cards they feel aren't degenerate that have infect or use phyrexian mana. Personally though I think it's still possible as they did a pretty good job with infect first time through and phyrexian can be tinkered with. Maybe phyrexian that bolts you instead of shocks. Sucks more for decks that care about that but doesn't let decks like death shadow cum to that sweet sweet masochism

Its not a standard GP senpai

if there's a lot of control running around, do I go GR, GW or GB Tron?

Gr

Mardu vehicles is a viable deck in modern though.

So, what's peoples opinions on equipment cheeri0s?

If it does well, can we expect a Mox Opal ban?

Fuck off. Weak bait

>implying WotC won't try to ban Mox Opal with the weakest excuse they can muster

If they had a problem with Affinity they already would have. Affinity is not doing any better than usual and Cheerios doesn't die without Opal

Time to leave

What is it with the scrubs and their mox opal bans?

Also opal doesn't even affect cheerios, wizards has historically banned engines and that would point to retract or possibly one of the paladins.

kys

It's just a shitty troll. Please don't reply to the bait

If they banned Mox Opal I'd probably leave the format forever, so I'm glad to hear that.

Nah, just don't regularely post here. Judging by the reactions, I assume you regularely get people complaining about Mox Opal.

>modern is actually dying
good riddance modern is trash. you know i would love to play something liek modern werewolves modern vampires or modern simic. but i cant...you know why. because of shit like affinity and dredge so i dont even waste my time. what they need to do is instead of modern masters make a modern supplemental set for pumping up weaker archetypes and ban out dredge and affinity and any other tier 0 decks.

Fuck off with this weak ass bait every time.
>I wish I could play absolute trash
Casual is a thing

I don't see what's stopping you from playing Modern Vampires.

Should be able to make a pretty damn strong deck with that.

why tho

I just want to understand the reasoning

Unhinged or Unglued?
RUG lands
Open to suggestions

Full-art basics are trash tier. Even LSV agrees.

You just don't play tron full stop.
Also at this stage the correct order is Eldrazi Tron > GB Tron > Gr Tron.
GW tron is a massive meta call and blue tron is just lol worthy

Modern Simic is top tier.

Green creatures like Glistener Elf and blue creatures like Blighted Agent

Crumble to dust for mirror and man lands, pyroclasm for aggro fags, Grove of the burnwillows

UR or UW storm? Which one loses the hardest against their silver bullets?

Well I think LSV is trash tier so how about that?

Please stop posting.

Please learn to play at a higher level than the kitchen table

What is UW Storm? Considering both storm win cons are red...

Samefag

So, does the Veeky Forums modern general tolerate brews?

Me and a friend just put this deck together, wanted to see if The Gitrog Monster could be used to make a viable deck.

It's basically a Jund Seismic Loam deck but with a Gitrog infinite combo

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-02-17-rwe-deck/

Input would be appreciated.

Ice age snow lands

That actually sounds like a pretty cute deck.

> liek modern werewolves modern vampires or modern simic

Weak bait. You had to ban all the Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 decks to make these decks even remotely playable.

Like some user said before, Infect is technically Modern Simic

Vampires is easily FNM viable, with Vampire Lacerator, Vampire Noctornus, Bloodghast, Gatekeeper of Malakir and Kalastria Highborn, the new non flying vampire nighthawk, etc.

Anything can be FNM viable

Dredge Lives!
"Maro boy, Maro boy
What'cho gonna do
when the Bid Bad Dredge
is coming for you."

modernnexus.com/metagame-breakdown-jan-17/

Standard poorfag buying into modern dredge here with the question.
Can i replace scalding tarn with cheaper fetches like wooded foothils?

Yes, it will work fine. It is worse, but probably sub 1% of games where that is the difference between winning and losing. I did it for ages before i sacked up and got my tarns

Bloodstained and Wooded Foothills are way better than Scalding Tarns, the only time you need blue is for Steam Vents which you can get with those 2 Fetches. Reg, Green and Black are the main colors.

>?
>Seeing how Fatal Push was printed to help out Modern players, what kind of support do you hope to see in Amonkhet?

A modern reprint of Daze or Force Spike

Wew lad

>GP EDITION
>
>Modern GP this weekend in

Brisbane

>Anyone coming on up to Igloo Land and playing some Magic the Gathering?

No

>What are you playing/going to play?

Rob'ts

>What are you hoping to dodge?

Tron, infect, mirror, melira co

>Seeing how Fatal Push was printed to help out Modern players, what kind of support do you hope to see in Amonkhet? Please no Custom Card autism.

Damnation, Pendelhaven, Noble Heirarch, Karn Liberated... basically MM2017 2: Electric Boogaloo

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-02-17-rwe-deck/

I like it. It also dodges most Modern removal like Dismember and Lightning Bolt, the only "out" I see an opponent would have would be to Path to Exile or if they were running Rest In Peace (which admittedly, a lot of people are because Dredge was so prevalent before the Golgari Grave-Troll ban)

Infect and Death Shadow Zoo seem to collapse unto themselves. Good. Atleast you can sideboard against the nazi cancer.

Hey Veeky Forums commander player here, looking for some cards that protect me in a multiplayer match. White or black please, I'm building a pillowfort deck with Obzedat.

I do enjoy how desperately the writer seemed to be saying "Infect is still good! It's still good!" to nobody listening.

Nazi cancer? R u 9?

Wow that's some garbage taste

Wrong thread, dude. Here's the commander general:

>that feel when your deck isn't even tier 3

It has good matchups, I promise

You're looking for casual, not competitive modern

>cringy forced song
>stupid Photoshop image
>le ebin dredge Nazi meme XD
Just fucking off yourself

JIDF please go and let us enjoy our memes

APAC or Arena promos

>Amonkhet support

Zendikar fetches reprinted. It's the last chance for wotc to cash in on Modern if they intend to kill the format, and they will go all out

Epic meme
They were so happy with how Khans turned into a goodstuff festival in sure they'll do it again so soon
Moron

>Guys, guys. Modern is le kill XD
I don't see Legacy dead, I don't even see Vintage dead.

Unless you're an actual pro player, who makes a shitty living out of playing Magic, you shouldn't care one bit about Modern being supported past GP's by WotC.

>Last chance to cash in
They're going to cash in on your sorry ass for years and years to come.

Do you hate fun? Because /v/ is just a couple of boards away.

No I love fun. I hate autism like this

yeah, figured Rest in Peace would be a problem, but for that you have 4 decays, 3 Nature's Claim and a whole load of discard.

I honestly think Leyline of Sanctity will be an even bigger problem as it dodges the decays and also turns off our discard as well as seismic assault. Maybe a full playset of Nature's Claim and 1 or 2 more Maelstrom Pulses is needed.

The deck also wrecks people trying to run Fatal Push.

>he doesn't consider autism funny
You need to stop lying to yourself.

I've been here too long.

Junk players, grixis delver play here.

I want to tap goyf but man am I fucking bad at playing this deck. Can you guys give me some general tips for the deck? I feel like I either run out of threats or removal too early and can never grind out well enough

>Guys I'm bad at playing midrange, what do I do?
Have you tried not throwing your removal at the fucking first thing that comes on board?

Have you tried picking cards that would kill your threats with discard?

Finally, have you tried tapping a creature sideways?

How can you play delver but not abzan? Not that grixis delver is particularly difficult but good damn gbx decks fucking play themselves most of the time

archive.is/1ug5x

I swear this dumb shit is why there isn't going to be an SCG Syracuse this year. Now the closest big event is in freakin Baltimore. People are so fucking stupid.

I'm not going to read anything written by that thing

Holy shit, that thing is an awful excuse for a human being.

This is the reason why MtG as far as competitive play goes, same as Chess should be divided to "Male tournaments" and "Female tournaments" and mentally challenged people ignored entirely.

Thanks for the advice
For some reason it feels like my spells aren't really lining up with what my opponent is doing. I'm probably just keeping shit hands

Jesus christ, what a retard.

I'd just keep playing. Besides what they told you you can only get better by playing the deck and learning the interactions and when to Mulligan and do other things. Practice makes perfect

All of that shit could've been prevented if it told Ali to fuck off and leave it alone.

How long until we're free from the fun police

Like 2 years?

>understands that he thought it was a stuffed bra worn as a joke
>still calls self a victim
Christ.

What are your opinions on the MPS basic lands?

They look alright, but I prefer Basics from Revised and Unlimited

More of a full art guy myself, but they have nice artwork.

Unglued gets undeserved hate

I'm actually running unglued now and looking to change it up. I ordered nice arena lands but they're lost in the mail.
Life is suffering

The MPS Ravnica Guild lands are the fucking best. I got a few but I run them in my EDH deck.

Been playtesting the deck against a friend and Burn is just wrecking my ass ridiculously hard.

What can a low creature Jund deck do to survive the rape that is naya burn?

My Brother. I wish I had more, only got 6 of each right now.

Hey dredge players, I'm just wondering how the deck is performing after the ban? I'm thinking of picking it up, and was wondering the tips and tricks of the deck. Thanks!

Everyone I talk to seems to think the deck is dead now.
I've been playing Travis Woo's Vengevine dredge list over cockatirce and it feels as explosive as ever.