Can a BBEG be genuinely hilarious and still despicable?

Can a BBEG be genuinely hilarious and still despicable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e51hgWIsY4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trump is quite funny, isn't he?

Mussolini fits that bill pretty well, actually.

>>>/tumblr/

Yes.

LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND

>BBEG

Ugh.

>BBEG.

I have literally no feelings about you using this term or not.

>BBEG

You're a wonderful human being.

You're a terrible sort of faggot though.

I didn't get the memo, when did we start acting contrarian about using the term BBEG?

I dunno, Handsome Jack? Not too hilarious, but he was an affable villain up until shit got real. I still want to hate-fuck him, even now.

Exactly, which is why I've summoned a porcupine using God's toenail clippers to anally violate a bong shot to shove subliminal psychosis in small puppies' face holes to force them to build a giant Techno-dragon out of marmalade flavored SNES cartridges.

It's hardly "contrarian" to think that "big bad evil guy" sounds dumb and you have to be a one hell of a lame guy to use it as part of your personal lexicon, and you need to be an extraordinary queer to try and pretend it's a welcome and encourageable bit of jargon.

I have only been here for like 2 years but up until a month ago people seemed fine with the term. I think it might just be a few a people who are loud enough to catch attention like the petty attention whore they are

You're exactly right, which is why North Korea needs to invade Mordor so we can finally develop anatomically correct dildos for toasters.

It might be because lazy people like OP make lazy villain threads all the time, and whenever someone uses "BBEG" it's like a beacon saying "I'm stupid and lazy."

Like, what? What kind of shitty question is OP even asking?

/thread

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

>>

Of course. The answer is obvious. Do you want us to help you make one? Give us more to work on. Remember that everyone here is a snarky asshole and we will argue about nothing and insult you unless you ask a more specific question.

He's questioning our awareness of the deep void of the human mind, and whether the duplicity of both comedy and evil is not in fact reflections of the human psyche in relation to the world around us.

Because after all, aren't we all a little mad, evil, and funny?

Has any called you a faggot recently? You seem like someone people would call a faggot constantly.

My mother was a faggot, My dad was a tree stump. I'm just a pile of sticks. I wish I was a faggot though.

BBEG is in the OP you don't need to chime in

There is Samuel Jackson's character in Kingsman. While he isn't totally despicable, he is somewhat laughable because of his lisp, dialogue and phobia of blood.

Fuck it, let's do it. Why Not? Not like we ever get anything else done.

>The BBEG(make sure you put the emphasis on the second B) lives in a Cyberpunk setting.

> Can a BBEG be genuinely hilarious and still despicable?

Glib isn't hilarious.

Aku from samurai jack

Define hilarious then, faggot.

What do you mean by hilarious? Do you mean clown laughing and dancing hilarious? Do you mean dark humor somber chuckle hilarious? Personally I think both are possible but the latter is much easier to get right than a genuinely funny and laughing villain who is simultaneously despicable.

delicious pasta.

beat you to it.
youtu.be/e51hgWIsY4M

Where? FUCK I WANT SUMMA THAT. I need me some Intestinal breadlings coated in the liquified flesh of tomatoes, and served alongside succulent meat spheres.

Aw fuck dude, I'm already hungry don't make it worse

To the faggot whos just shown up and is whining about a fairly established term in the Veeky Forums dictionary: learn a bit more about boards before you post on them.

you expected me to insult you there, didn't you? something like "fall in a hole and die?"
this is Veeky Forums the board people go to to actually talk about the topic of the board in a civil friendly manner.

coming in here and stirring up shit over lame stuff brings us just a bit closer to being /v/. if you had any reason for this fight except your personal opinion, we might be more open, but your coming in here being a raging samefag autist dumping your shit where you feel like it.

we are not, and will never be /v/. learn to have civil discussion.

>BBEG
>Veeky Forums
>civil discussion
And you have the nerve to call him a newfag?

When irritation is raised to a high enough level, such as when someone throws eggs all over your living room for no apparent reason and refuses to clean them up or acknowledge anything wrong has been done, an argument may be less than what is required and a full blown slanging match may break out. Alternately you may be a furious crack-addict searching for that next hit of sweet sweet crack and provocation may take the form of somebody breathing sarcastically or being somewhere you were planning to walk in the near future. Either way you have reached the edges of argument country and begun meandering around the border with shit-kick land. Rational debate having long ago been thrown out of the window the actual words exchanged are likely to be instead based upon the sturdy pillars of condemnation ("You're just a spoilt little shit..."), prejudice ("...you fat ginger cunt..."), arrogance ("...you know there's only so much I can take from you...") and violence ("...I should just take you outside and punch your fucking lights out."). Still, can be enjoyable, right? A good burst of testosterone never hurt anyone, yeah? Well see if you can say that when you're spitting your teeth into the sink. But if you win... what have you proved exactly? That in defiance of 4000 years of human culture the one with the hardest kick and most effectively unleashed pent-up rage is always right? That you're a dangerous gangsta with a very very short fuse, feared and hated by everybody, especially your friends? That you're going to have to become a professional fighter or risk a hernia by the age of 30? More likely the only thing proved is the existence and continuation of a dumb little spiral of violence.

the sockpuppet samefag act is unbecoming. go get something to drink, think for a while about what you really love about tabletop games, and then come back and tell me what it is.

ill wait.

this is a place of peace my brother. soothe yourself, and we shall talk of joy.

>/v/ bogeyman
>civil discussion
Where in the hell do you think you are?

Actually, Veeky Forums is pretty good at slinging shit. The difference is half of us enjoy it, and the other half are too autistic to realize this is all in fun. Unfortunately, that half is particularly vulnerable to low-hanging bait like the BBEG thing, or 3.5, so we have to figure out a way of neutralizing that shit somehow. Best I can figure is to take absolutely nothing seriously,and post like you're a schizophrenic who's off his meds and on someone else's in reply to bullshit.

TROLLS, SIRE!
We've stumbled into a whole nest of them!

FORTIFY THE BATTLEMENTS!!! FETCH ME THE BROWN PANTS, AND SUMMON THE ARISTOCRATS FOR DISCUSSION OF WAR.

Ew, no, not those Aristocrats.

>thinking you know Veeky Forums
>thinking the t is for tabletop
>what even is capitalisation
>reddit spacing
>"""""""sockpuppet samefag"""""""

Haven't you seen batman?

pls stop fighting! I just wanted to talk about funny bad guys!

FOOLISH QUESTION!
See pic related, and KNOW the answer is "YES"

Ok, so you've got him on most things except Reddit spacing.

We like to doublespace our paragraphs.

So what? The fact that the same entry is Single space in Reddit, and the fact that you care enough to point it out... Well...

on the only good board.

on the board that tells stories.
on the board that makes worlds.
on the board that slings shit with the best of em, but knows its in fun.
on the board that finds unity through dick.
on the board that loves each other.
on the board built off of one of the most social things smelly losers like us can do, and have fun doing.
the board that builds friendships.
on the board that can have positive conversations even when turbofags like (you) show up.

now respond with something that isnt just a smug reaction image and a greentext from my comment, shitstain.

Xykon.

>I'm gonna reply with Greentext and a smug Loli, but that's just cause I'm feeling oppositional defiant and shit.

You get Veeky Forums, but you don't quite 'get' Veeky Forums. Not yet.

im disappointed in you.

This is either your first day away from tumblr or some exquisitely-crafted bait.

holy fucking shit dude

You realize your all fighting against a dude who actually cares about the board, right?
im going to ignore the conspicuos timings between all your posts and assume ytour diffrent people.
Why fight to have the board be shittier? at least he was positive.

Welcome to Veeky Forums. Lurk for two years before posting.

user, you have to be 18 or older to post on Veeky Forums

who is the classic joker?

Comedic timing is a lot like knowing how to build up an uncomfortable, threatening scene I think. You just have to define what sort of humor and what sort of despicable you're trying to go for.

For example, someone who's funny because he's goofy and things don't go his way, but he manages to selfishly screw you over? Eric Sparrow from Tony Hawk's Underground comes to mind.

Or maybe someone affable and charmingly disarming in how he tries to be humorous and polite, but as the conversation progresses his subtle and dark humor just becomes dark and foreboding, leading into a despicable act of villainy. Think Christoph Watlz's Hans Landa or Chudnofsky.

user, I was quite like you once, just gotten away from Reddit and fresh off the 1d4chan boat, eyes full of wonder and the belief that Veeky Forums was a glowing island of creativity surrounded by the murky waters of Veeky Forums. I soon found I was much mistaken. What had once been an island was now more of a small Archipelago, small islands with waters between them.

I spent the better part of a year trying to figure out what changed. I blamed the removal of Quests, I blamed the trolls, I blamed the mods, and really... nothing fit. Then I came to the realization that it wasn't any one thing. Veeky Forums could survive without quests, it survived with trolls before, it even survived Nazimod.

What changed was one thing, and one thing only: more people believed Veeky Forums should be taken seriously, because it was the better board. Crazy, right? Everyone wants Veeky Forums to be full of Quality stuff that they started hating on everything that wasn't up to snuff. We grew autistic, obsessed with who was right, and how to prove it using logic that we completely missed the point. Veeky Forums has always been about idiots posting stuff we like and not giving a fuck about anyone else. Now that we do... We're in deep shit.

Now, everyone is far too easily triggered. We're unable to ignore bullshit, and The trolls barely put in any effort anymore, because they can get (You)'s so easily now. No one goes along with crazy ideas to see where they go anymore because "it's not good." Then they pass it off with the same damn line about polishing a turd. It's ridiculous!

Mmm, pasta.

Eggman

Basically this right here

A Villain can be a funny...but still a threat. Its just not a easy thing to do for some GMs

How is this pasta? Bottom line is that Veeky Forums needs to loosen up a little, and actually consider if this post will really matter in a year, a month, or even a week's time.

Congratulations, you said in a single sentence what either spent a good 45 minutes writing or paging through a document of appropriate copypasta to add legitimacy to a simple point. While I wouldn't put it past fa/tg/uy autism to write something like that fresh, it's way too long and florid to have come completely off-the-cuff.

Well... huh. Those are both me. I knew I had trouble with brevity... I didn't know it was that bad, Though I was mostly writing because our dewy-eyed Newfag would get something more from it than "Veeky Forums is still good, just ignore bullshit."

Nova is BBEG? I though he was just chaotic neutral...

Nah, it's fine.

I get the joke now. They are trying to make themselves into this board's very own BBEG. They are pretending to attempt to eliminate a part of board culture for their own trollish ends. Filling the role by pretending to hate it is quite the tactic. What a nuanced and delicious trolling. Even I had trouble seeing the bait for what it really was.

9/10 for being nearly undetectable.

>I didn't get the memo, when did we start acting contrarian about using the term BBEG?

Is just one person trying to force his own term(DDMV I think it was) in crying about it.

> a fairly established term in the Veeky Forums dictionary

>As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

it's possible but i'd imagine it to be very tricky to do in a tabletop game
see also it was DDEV i think

>>>shareblue off with you.

Yes.

The joker from the Batman animated series.

Lots of physical comedy, makes people act as his straight man, murders people casually.

Correct answer.

He said "despicable", not "majestic".

It's the same kind of people who get anal about GM vs DM.
Nobody with an opinion worth listening to gives a shit.

I know, that's why I said Trump and not someone more respectable.

>>>/tumblr/

FPBP

>still being this mad

Aku is pretty hilarious but he is still a shapeshifting galactic horror who rules the world with an iron fist and has no problems using kidnapping, threats of killing families, and blackmailing. Hell one of his minions literally enslaved the souls of people he defeated.

This is the sporkiest post I've read in a while.

>genuinely hilarious and still despicable?
Recep Tayyip Erdogan

xDDD
Upvoted!

EDIT: Wow, thanks for the Reddit gold!

>liking what I don't like

>lurk for 2 years
Bullshit. That could be true if they started posting in like 2006, but it's 2017 now. People who are new here from now on will never know what Veeky Forums is actually supposed to be like, no matter how long they lurk before posting, because they missed the formative years of this site and its culture. All you see by lurking now is how much this place turned into Reddit, so you're better off not posting at all in order to avoid perpetuating the cycle.

>current year

I'm not familiar with the sonic series but based on every pic in the thread this guy is a fucking monster. Hope he hangs from a rope whenever these freedom fighters finally topple his ass

>Control F
>No Hades
Look Veeky Forums, you're better than this. All 65 of you in this thread can come up with effective funny and evil villains when pressed. And this guy shoulda been number one