Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Little Monsters Edition! Because every monster started off as a baby at some point!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69210/taldor-ascendant
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/guardian-spirit-cr-varies/
finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/
youtu.be/XHwtAFD7Fhw
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/spellslinger/
docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you feel about treating monsters as if they were only 1/2 or 3/4 their CR for encounter building/rewards?

I once made a younger Purple Worm for my party to fight. It nearly ate the cleric.

Man, that thing is fucking adorable. Have some other adorable little monsters.

Depends on the monster; Dragons are notorious for being under-CR'd thanks to their metric shit-ton of abilities.

>level 8 gestalt social intrigue
Well I know how I could break that in half.

First off I'm going to need to play a Phantom Thief. Truly the most degenerate of classes.

Diplomatic Taldor game in which you play as Taldan Diplomats seeking to unite the various nations of the world against the Empire of Kelesh, whose aggression against Osirion through the Satrapy of Qadira has brought war to your homeland's doorsteps.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69210/taldor-ascendant

>social intrigue
>gestalt
for literally what purpose

How would you implement Guardian Spirits? Intelligent Slottless Magic Items? Cohorts? A new Class? Saoirse is bae.

Why gestalt? This reeks of a fake game.

Because you're the attaches to the actual diplomats. You do what the diplomat cannot, you meet with the people the diplomat cannot be seen talking to, and you keep the diplomat alive in the viper dens he walks into on behalf of Taldor.

Special cohort via feat chain or class feature.
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/guardian-spirit-cr-varies/

Because it lets me vicariously fulfill the fantasy of a mid level gestalt game that I want to play in by giving you guys the opportunity to play out those type of builds against the type of challenges I like to throw at people.

>Why gestalt?

So you can be good at talking *and* fighting.

What's got that tiny dragon so angry?

The game says "not combat focused" what sort of challenges would you be referring to?

Not him... But probably social events, duels, subterfuge, blackmail, seduction, mass combat, skirmishes, back-alley ambushes, etc.

If you can imagine it's something a stuffy Taldan ambassador can get involved with, it will probably happen.

The 14th of Calistril approaches. How do you plan to crush the hopes and dreams of the amorous mortal insects which teem beneath your feet?

Actually, the game says "Be advised that while this game is primarily social intrigue, combat will figure into it." So if you fuck up, you have a sword to fall back on, if you end up needing to recruit the Yaks, you'll be able to do them some favors, and if some player in the city is vested in Kelesh and wants you all fucking dead to strike a blow against Taldor/win favor with Kelesh, you'll be able to fight back against the hordes of mercenaries they send to kill you, the diplomat, everyone in the building you were staying at, and everyone in a one block radius around it.

I tend to take inspiration from Deus Ex for non-social stuff (and social stuff, to a lesser extent).

>and if some player in the city is vested in Kelesh and wants you all fucking dead to strike a blow against Taldor/win favor with Kelesh, you'll be able to fight back against the hordes of mercenaries they send to kill you

Wait.

Wait a second.

PCs can go turn-coat and declare for Kelesh? We might have people sneaking in conversations with our characters, trying to sway them to the Qadiran side?

>Saoirse is bae.

She's such a nice lady!!

Saorise is essentially an Avowed's Fae patron that can buff up their sword and give extra Amrita at a point in the game when you don't need Amrita.

Not what I meant by player.

I meant it in the sense of "This (NPC) person is a power *player* in the city, and this is a very specific manner by which they might try to end you and everyone associated with you." It'd be preferable for the party to not be built with treachery in mind (you're hand picked attaches for a reason), though there will be times where NPCs attempt to convince you to come over to the Keleshite side.

Any of you have opinions on FFd20?
finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/

Heard about the thing recently and I do like some Final Fantasy.

tá sí den sórt sin a bhean chineál

What is the name of that stupid pale plainiar dev waifu race?

>planned character
>Bard -> Bloatmage VMC oracle
>Zealot
>minmax my performance to hell and back
>be and enormous fat man with the most beautiful singing voice on the continent
>have the zealot side focus on Eternal Guardian, be a creation zealot

I think this will work.

Proposed character art

I'm reading this, I know what you're going for...

... But when I imagine the character, I can't not see Orson Welles.

>He puts the Opera back in Oppara...

>Orson Welles
youtu.be/XHwtAFD7Fhw

Gonna have leadership for my maid. She'll be a vigilante, easy peasy.

Opera's really more of a Chellish thing, though.

>opera
>not taldan

pls

Opera's more of a "cosmopolitan" thing.

And Taldor puts the "cosmos" in "cosmopolitan."

Dancer, Singer, Actor, Comedian, Musician, HE DOES IT ALL

He's so dainty and light on his feet when he dances, despite weighing 600 points because perform dance is charisma based

And 2hu already wants to use poorly written rules from ultimate intrigue, let's see how well this goes.

>Ultimate Intrigue
>Poorly written rules

I'm afraid you're going to have to be more specific.

>stupid pale plainiar dev waifu race

You're gonna have to be a touch more specific.

Are you talking about the Azata?

What am I in for?

I mean, he already asked for monster classes which... why would you ask for monster classes in a game where you're part of a group representing a nation of non-monsters? Now, if this were some "Monsters send diplomats to broker peace with the humies", yeah, that'd make sense, but...

Plague ag dul chun ruin a!

So looking at the character's preliminary build, before I begin nailing everything down.

His Appearance score, without magic items, looks to be (18+14+14+20)/4=16.5. With magic items it will be above 19.

His performance skills are looking to have around a +60 for the most part.

I think this is going to be a fun time.

I need a title for this man. The 600lbs greatest performer the world has ever seen. An interplanar superstar.

>why would you ask for monster classes
Minmaxing diplomacy via the succubus class, why else?

I thought only race/base-stats/inherent counted, and not items?

Social intrigue games are fine and all, but I'm more interested in hazardous romps through magical physics-defying dungeon filled with all sorts of abominations to greataxe in half.
Or you can do both, in fact I've wanted for a long time to run a game that had a similar premise to Magi the Labyrinth of Magic, which would be exactly that

Because he wants to run DSP's succubus to massively pump his Cha score and then he's intending to use UI's social duel system to run amok over your entire campaign. 2hu is cancer tell him to fuck off right now.

>I need a title for this man.

Pomp and Circumference.

The Massive Maestro.

The Colossus of Cassomir, the Orb of Oppara.

Interplanar Man of Mystery, truly a national treasure, and a secret Lion Blades operative. Is there anything this man can't do?

He means the munavri...Pretty sure I spelled that wrong, but I don't care.

As much as I hate to side with the witch hunter, 2hu did self-admit they don't see any reason to tone things down when making characters: either go big or don't go at all. At first I was on the fence, but that really hammered the point home. It's an attitude that will not normally gel well with people who function, well, normally.

Operative "Slim"

Thank you user.
Munavri was correct.

No, you spelled it right, and it's true. If you think you can handle GMing for 2hu, then do so. If you're in doubt, just say no. Don't play chicken with 2hu on builds. It doesn't work because he doesn't understand you're playing.

Why do I have the overpowering urge to play a Steelfist || Avowed in this campaign as the nimble thug who can snap necks and steal documents when he needs to?

How do you put on your full plate, /pfg/?

My butt boy helps me into it.

You're in for some shit if you don't ban 2hu.

Do you blame me for not caring, we all know the race is stupid.

Also, it occurs to me that 2hu, or at least a 2hu-alike, was the most vocal about the stat-stacking the succubus had when it first came out and how bad it was. The irony is not lost to me. Like, 2hu could use a tiefling to get the same thematic results, but then the numbers would go down by at least 7, and that may as well be character suicide.

Oh, god, help me. I'm turning into the new Witchunt user!

Armor Trusses.

I need pictures of big guys in menacing full plate. Preferably not wearing their helmet at the moment. Example pic related.

In 1 minute flat because between Mithral and Iron Pikeman's Attitude it counts as light

But user, he's hardly menacing at all! In fact, he looks quite heroic!

No no, the armor needs to be menacing, the guy in the armor doesn't have to be.

I think you missed the best part of this, where he implied that people are only "all or nothing" as far as optimization goes.

That is some genuine autism.
Like I'm not just calling him autistic as an insult or anything, that guy is literally, actually, medically autistic.

You're closer to the truth than you probably realize. Yes, he's diagnosed.

As someone else that's been clinically diagnosed with autism, 2hu is so low functioning he's passed the deep end and began burrowing into the dirt under the pool.

Isn't full plate's property attached to it being full plate, and not it being heavy?

Once, when we're in town at an armorer. After that, it's the Endurance feat and mithril letting me keep it on until we're done adventuring.

Realistically I'd agree that making full plate out of mithral doesn't change needing someone else to strap shit to you, but mechanically the armour type changes for everything other than proficiency.
It's kinda nonsensical.

Cherry pick your favorite bits from Dark Souls or Demons' Souls.

I wasn't talking about flavour, I meant, I don't think being heavy has anything to do with full plate being hard to put on by raw.

I mean, there's shooting yourself in the foot, and then there's which is the internet equivalent of fellating a shotgun and asking the crowd if you're doing it wrong. I've had (and have) friends with Down's and autism at various degrees of intensity, but I think I'm safe saying I've never ran into someone with the inability to read and retain social cues while still being a technically-functioning human being quite like 2hu.

Nobody takes it seriously because it's too cute.
Source is Heathersketcheroos on tumblr. Glad I could find it

>Oh, god, help me. I'm turning into the new Witchunt user!

Remember a month or two ago, when people were very... aggressively opposed to shitting on 2hu?

I... huh. I always just kinda assumed the don armor times were light/medium/heavy, but that's banded and splint in the 'medium' list.

Let's be fair, Witchhunt user was equally annoying with how he metaphorically sperged out any time someone even did as much as mention 2hu's username in the thread.

Doesn't mean I want to be like them. I like to think I keep a rather open mind most of the time.

My bad.

For anybody familiar with Wrath of the Righteous, does anybody know where or when the key events of the Campaign Traits are supposed to have taken place?

Like, I understand that Chance Encounter is probably going to be in the Worldwound itself, but would Stolen Fury have to be in Mendev, or could I probably write a character who'd been involved in a ritual somewhere further away?

So Steam Giants and Alchemical Dragons are, well, Alchemy.

What craft do Airships fall under?

>Why would it draw less ire?

God, that was a golden moment too.

Shipwright?

Well boys? The clock just ticked over to Singles Awareness Day.

Describe to me your character's Cheesy and cute declarations of love for another.

tfw you have two neet corner girls and one forcibly chaste paladin as your characters

no luv

My character purchased a butt boy to help him in and out of his armor, carry messages, and cook. He made sure the kid was illiterate so he wouldn't read the messages.

In exchange for martial training the butt boy fulfills my character's whims.

So is there a good way to mix guns and magic using only 1pp? Preferably with a 9th level caster.

Literally there is a wizard archetype for this.

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/spellslinger/

You get a class feature called Arcane Gun, have fun. You're still 1/2 BaB.

Unfortunately Spell Slinger is absolute garbage with how much it trades away.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Spellslinger 1/Eldritch Archer X is fun

Gunslinger and Eldritch Archer could work.

>Remind me not to stare next time we're on the battlefield
>My heart is utterly at your mercy
>The Gods themselves can't separate us; Even fromb beyond death, I'll still cut my way back to your side
>I'd kill the world before it did you harm
Still in the process of brainstorming/stealing more

My party described my character as "the not fun type of villain, not the villain you love to hate, the villain you're just kind of disgusted in". Unfortunately he doesn't have any romance. At this point I've been forced to accept he's just kind of a monster, which is sad.

I got my character's wife a new formal gown. Which is essentially frilly lace-trimmed plate armor, plus a couple of scabbards woven into the skirt.

What should a faithful of Lamashtu give her loved one? Other than a baby. I mean, other than having their baby.

Love is for the living. It has no power over the damned.

So when have you played a game where there is an ancient evil, by ancient I mean 1-2k years old trapped because it can't be killed, but instead of the location being lost everyone knows where it is and just kinda don't care any more because it's been out of living memory for so long?

Like The Barrowland in The Black Company.

Calm down Amalthea

Why is Khaled such memes?

I've done some homebrew that people might like. Feedback is appreciated as these are all still in Alpha so I can't promise they are entirely balanced yet.

Pegasus Knight: Paladin Archetype based around mounted combat, with a decent 'No spellcasters' theme.

docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing

Glorified Glossolalist (Spellburst savant archetype for divine spellburst savants. Dealing with the non-scaling nature of healing spells)

docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing

Consecrated Chorist (Spellburst Savant archtype for a more supportive/ally friendly Spellburst Savant)

docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing

Fusiler (Harbinger archtype, a gun and alchemy happy switch hitter as I noticed most switch hitters are bow users.)
docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

How much does a non-archetyped Vigilante have to do to change identities?