ITT Rate eachothers' Commanders for EDH

ITT Rate eachothers' Commanders for EDH

Pic related, its my new one because my playgroup turned sweaty.

good if it is a red etb deck, bad if it is a lolrandomchaos deck. here is mine

My commander numero uno
I hope you like drawing cards
Grixis for life

My second Commander
Still missing a lot of the really good stuff, like Cabal Coffers

Clearly the best commander of 2016

Half and half desu
You should run Minds Aglow, get your friends in on the fun

Im currently running Aurelia for my Red and White soldier EDH. I like the idea of my angelic godess attacking with rightous fury at my enemy, oh and doing it twice, thats lovely.

But compaired to other commanders and colours, I feel like she doesnt do enough at the time of play for me.

you could add Sun Titan, Gisela, and Tajic.

Angelic, but a touch of raging soldiers

Couldn't this be in the Commander thread?

>Word of Seizing
>Radiate

OP here, you're right. Didn't see it at first. My bad boyos.

r8

3/10 if it's chaos, 7/10 otherwise
5/10. Prossh is a lot more fun on paper. Irl he draws hate just as fast as Derevi or Zur.
8/10, nice
6/10, Breya is more fun
7/10, Aurelia is lots of fun if your pod isn't super competitive.

Pic related are mine, although Gonti, Marath, and Simic Pals are my mains of these.

I wish YGO had a commander equivalent.

No, Deckmaster isn't a real thing.

Nah bro, I can do you one better.
>Insurrection
>Attack with everyone
>bring out that bastard at second main
>?????
>Profit

who else /jank/ here?

My main dude. I run a Shadowborn Apostle + Thrumming Stone build with stuff like Grave Pact and Dictate of Erabos to best make use of the constant sacrifices. There's some utility power 1 or less creatures in there as well like Viscera Seer and Bone Shredder along with standard monoblack goodstuff like Necropotence.

lel

Breya can eat my dick.

Anyway, how is Jori-en? I've been thinking about building a weird merfolk/cheap spell slinging deck with her but I have no idea how viable it would be or what other people do with her.

Good thing I have my Tajic already. And Sun Titan would be amazing as I have very little return in the deck as it is.

Same. How would it work? 100 cards, 1 of each, same for extra? What else?

>Implying the deck can't do both

My boy with the Malestorm.

Cascade, cascade into a cascade that cascades into another cascade...ect.

>Breya can eat my dick.
So you're one of the Breya waifu posters?

Jokes aside, Jori-En seems alright so far. It mostly runs amount of cheap interaction and cantrips, but has the ability to do crazy storms every now and then.

I thought you can't do that cuz word of seizing has split second?

I dunno how it'd be done at all.

I think that a larger extra deck would definitely be nice, and singleton for at least extra deck would allow for more fringey cards to see light. As for singleton in main and deck size of that, I'm not entirely sure.

Plus YGO isn't really set up for multiplayer which is another problem.

You are correct. Since new spells can't go on the stack, you can't target Word of Seizing with Radiate.

Once something with Split Second has landed, everything as would be normal gets held up until that spell is done resolving and leaves the stack.

So like 100 main deck, like 25 extra, all singles.

Commander would be Type or Attribute, probably Attribute. All monsters have to be of that attribute and/or of any attribute mentioned on the card's text. So like Light and Darkness Dragon would let you use Light and Dark monsters and Dark Doriado would let you use Earth/Fire/Wind/Water/Dark.

Unlike Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh is a game that has a deck size limit (though it didn't used to). There are a lot of other problems with trying to build a format like Commander, just considering how different the two games are.

If you wanted to make Deckmaster be like Commander, you would probably make it a 60-card singleton. Maybe you could force the monsters of the deck to share either Type or Attribute with the Deckmaster, but that could be problematic.

The anime concept of Deckmasters isn't even necessarily based on whatever the card literally does. It has an assigned Deckmaster Ability based on some arbitrary plot reasons that you can use throughout the game. You can also bring your Deckmaster into play freely in order to take advantage of it being a monster at a pivotal moment, but if it gets sent to the Graveyard then you lose. Bullshit plot reasons allowed the big bad of that arc to escape that rule by removing his Deckmaster from play when it was about to go down.

As presented in the medium it was created for, it could be a fun way to play low-power, kitchen table type games. It's not actually practical, especially not now. It probably hasn't been possible to entertain it as a practical idea for most of a decade.

As much as I like your attribute idea, DARK is the only attribute that Doriado doesn't have.

I still think it could, just need to try out different things. Sadly, there's no way to actually play, so we can't really see what would and wouldn't work.

Managed to win with Krenko after I goaded all of an opponents creatures into attack the control player with the new Grenzo and goblin assassin eventually made him sacrifice all of his creatures.

I either win with Lab Maniac or Master of Waves + clone effects

Oh right. Pendulum cards. That thing I pay no heed to because each new mechanic that they add to the Extra Deck is more insane than the last.

What a nice bunch of commanders you got there.

good luck casting them.

I run yahenni, how do You win?

>1 more mana
Tell me more about it.

7/10 trolling, I like it.

Bounce house coming through. Most hated deck in my local meta and can lock people out super quickly.

I think it'd be better if you only get one extra deck card, and that serves as the Commander.

>Let's take out everything that makes YGO the game it is today
As much as Fusion/Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum are one of the worst example of powercreep, we can't deny that those mechanics are what YGO is now