1d4chan.org/wiki/Slambo
imgur.com/a/lWvA5
games-workshop.com/en-US/Exalted-Hero-of-Chaos-2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for RATS

Lesbian Doom Chariot coming through.

Not mine, for the record.

Vampires a best, though.

Third for is daemons of nurgle/nurgle rot bringers any good?

They're ok
Just remember to use StD to get some ranged and speedy units

Does anyone remember that tumblr that had a ton of unused concept art for WHF and 40k?

I'm trying to find the pics for the Tzeench Chosen unit. I think it was dated 2008.

Looks like Warcraft. Aelf codex when?

Learn to paint faces

At the very least put some reikland fleshshade on the face so it sinks into the crevices

>Learn to paint faces

post a pic of a face you painted next to an index card with /tg and todays date.

also their is two layers of a wash on it already ;)

>also their is two layers of a wash on it already
Why do you lie on an anonymous message board

>;)
Oh youre just a total faggot? nevermind

Painting faces is overrated for tabletop.

Base + wash + highlight is more than adequate.

You added a wash. But you also painted over it and into the crevices which makes it moot.either that or you're making all your models look super flat through some photo voodoo. Either way the defensiveness of your posts seem unwarranted since you're asking for feedback.

Youre right, but you havent even done that.

I posted this at the tail end of another thread a while back, but im still trying to get some opinions on this color scheme, before I try anything else.

So how many people have you met that use square bases?

Shit, forgot the pick. Added a wash to it as well.

How well do Seraphon play? Was gonna either do them or Sylvaneth as my next order army.

imgur.com/a/k3bQl

imgur.com/a/U7gBf

imgur.com/a/Lk3H2

Don't remember the Tumblr, but I had these links saved.

Much appreciated!

What the fuck is wrong with you

Just looking over those links. It's cool to see concept art, but man, David Gallagher should be forced to re-learn how to draw faces.

the pot in the top right corner is about 50/50 seraphim sepia and lahmian medium. I used it to paint two layers of wash on the skin (hands and face). Its not a heavy wash because I want the skin to be pale.

the pots in the back of the shot are all the paints and washes on the mini (not including the base) nine in total.

I never said I was trying to win a painting contest. I was mostly getting some opinions on the color combinations before I painted the other 29 the same way.

try not to be outrageous dick holes when people paint minis and post pics.

The pics people post are one of the best things about this place, don't fuck that up.

>Shit, forgot the pick. Added a wash to it as well.

looking good user, it takes time, keep it up!

I have 3 Warhawks from my Fantasy days, and I notice me that they can be taken solo now. Would I be better off running them in a full squad of 3 or as separate entities?

I don't get why you thin seraphim sepia. It's a very light wash to begin with.

The point of washing skin is to add the contrast so people can see what you've done from an arm's length or more away, and since people can't tell from a relatively close up photo i think the washing has gone wrong.

And it goes both ways, people telling you to apply a wash to the face is not dickish behaviour, your answers, however, are.

Try to change yourself before you demand change in others.

>nine in total

actually ten, counted wrong, my mistake.

>I don't get why you thin seraphim sepia. It's a very light wash to begin with.

because if you use full strength seraphim sepia on pallid wych flesh it comes out very much darker than I want for a final color. It's deliberate.

>all your models look super flat through some photo voodoo

thin your paints for similar results. I also advise multiple thin coats so you don't obscure the details of the mini.

You can have multiple thin coats without it looking flat, my friend. But whatever floats your boat, as long as it's intentional you don't need to act so defensive when people call it out for looking flatter than an ironingboard.

Year another victory for the great glorious horned horned one!!!

>flatter than an ironingboard

thing is, friend (if I can borrow your word), if I was to add more highlights the time per model would be nearly doubled. Did I mention that I have 30 of these to get through? Its a cost benefit analysis thing and Ill take a little flatness (the sort that isn't noticeable from more than 1 foot away) since clean lines and smooth paints are what make 90% of the difference anyways.

either way thanks for the feedback, I am always looking to improve. Maybe next time I paint a hero or something to a high standard Ill drop a pic for you to pick apart from your armchair.

That's not me.

I fucking hate elves.

And yeah, the guy says he used a wash, but it's either the exact same shade as his basecoat, or he's lying.

>because if you use full strength seraphim sepia on pallid wych flesh it comes out very much darker than I want for a final color. It's deliberate.
A wash isn't the last step. Wash, then highlight.

I wouldn't say calling it flat is picking your models apart. Saying the fingertips on the repeater crossbow aren't fully coated,however is. But as I said to each their own.

>exact same shade as his basecoat

dude, look at the pic here the pot in the top right corner is about 50/50 seraphim sepia and lahmian medium. I used it to paint two layers of wash on the skin (hands and face). Its not a heavy wash because I want the skin to be pale.

fucks sake I think I may have really triggered some people tonight with this mini. The hatred is palatable.

:/ I think you have a pretty neat mini. I do agree that some shade is needed for the fingers, and personally I'd just water down a darker paint and use that instead of an ink (I don't really like washes unless it's on metallics).

I like it. Keep it up!

>post shit paint job
>ask for feedback
>get feedback
>WOWWWWW ARE YOU TRIGGERED!?!?!! LOL!!!

Seriously you are the worst poster in /aosg/. I would rather have the furfags back then see another one of your god awful blood elves and your terrible 3 shards list

can I have a casting roll of more than 12? Example are artifacts that increases your casting rolls of 2. If I roll 2 6s, is my casting roll 14?

Yes

Modifiers effect the roll itself, unless stated otherwise

I have few questions regarding Sylvaneth Wyldwoods. I'd like to avoid GW's hilariously priced $88 plastic trees, but I don't know the dimensions.

How big should I make the base of one set of woods? What should I make it out of, cardboard? Styrofoam?

I'm probably going to use various aquarium plants for the actual trees themselves. Is there anything I should do to them like paint the stalk brown or something?

belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/gw-next-weeks-prices-products-confirmed-13.html

>Slaves to Darkness Slambo: Exalted Hero: $25

WTF is a slambo supposed to be?

For the base, try hardwood? They're good stuff for scenery in general.

Hardboard I mean.

I wonder if I can get any thin enough. Probably if I check the hardware store, and I need to replace a 1/32 bit anyway.

Makes a little more sense. That would work pretty well I'd imagine. I'll give that a go.

How big are the wyldwood bases, though?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Slambo

Could it be...

>wyldwood
This might help

imgur.com/a/lWvA5

isn't that just of old version of this though?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Exalted-Hero-of-Chaos-2

The name Slambo was coined by Veeky Forums

Its hard to believe that GW would copy a fucking Veeky Forums meme

That's not GW though... it's a blog and that might be the author's own easter egg...

Oh fuck. Perfect! Thanks

>Seriously you are the worst poster in /aosg/. I would rather have the furfags back then see another one of your god awful blood elves and your terrible 3 shards list

tell me more

Fulminators or concussors? Fulminators + Heraldors can wreck face pretty easily, but concussors seem to be far more stable in their damage output?

Concussor is really good if you have any kind of +hit buff and if you charge at the right angle you can deny an enemy pile in. On the charge you attack with Concussors first and take minimal damage back. On the enemy turn if they don't strike against the Concussors first they probably won't get to pile in -again- which means they will likely waste attacks there first, but with a 3+ save (reroll1) and 5 wounds per model they can take quite a beating.

It's a great tactical unit, puts your opponent into a "no good choice" scenario.

Fulminators are great on the charge but they are not consistently good because they won't get much value if your opponent gets a double turn, or if you get charged first.

I usually run Concussors or Tempestors.

So lemme get this straight, if your concussors charge and dealt 1+ mortal wounds, and after your attack the enemy attacks back, they can't pile in, so they only have minimal number of attacks based on base contact right? This would mean it'll be highly useful vs. hordes, but of limited use vs. elites and behemoths?

Correct

It's actually quite good against elite units because if you charge them on the flank they won't be able to get in range because they usually have big models/bases

It's not very useful against monsters/behemoths but it still does mortal wounds which is always good.

Sold. Gonna build 4 concussors instead of fulminators then for my 1.5k. Bye bye heraldor.

Build both!

If you magnetize properly you can swap the arms on your dracoths to use 3 of the 4 kinds of weapons

The box comes with separate arms for spears, axe/hammer, and crossbow.

I can post a photo of what I did tomorrow, if you want to wait until then

Nah I get what you mean. Yep, gonna magnetise them, just building my army list right now before I get the models.

He also says he's highlighting his cauldrons but they still look flat as fuck. So wouldn't be surprised if he was 'lying'. Why someone would do that is beyond me.

Truth

Not triggered but you post stuff and when you get feedback you always throw a shitfit. However you spin it, the flesh on all your mini's looks flat and dull, and without contrast they lack expression when viewed from far away.

No, Slambo was what the model was named in the WD advertisement

GW is just capitalizing on a meme for profit

holy fuck dont come and ask for advice if you cant take criticism, fucktard

New Warhammer Quest box are asking for a lot for 4/5 mediocre heroes and no big boss to fight.

You're also forgetting about the campaign. Silver tower had, when combining both books, around 80 pages of stuff. Meanwhile, SOH has around 25 more pages of content all while having a GM so the behavior pages may not be needed. There's also less variety so there's the possibility that they have 30-35 pages dedicated to campaigns and doing a proper WHQ game.

It depends on the game you play I would say. If the other guy has no fliers, you could use them as single fast objective grabbers, and as one unit in games where you need a more solid harassing unit, works for taking out war machine crews and weak heroes.

2000 point fluffy brets:

Freeguild general on Griffon 300
Trebuchet 220
Luminark 240
16 archers 200
16 men at arms 120
16 knights 440
3 pegasus knights 200
16 men at arms 120
Paladin 80
Paladin banner bearer 80

Would this be any good? The general is good for +hit rolls for free peoples and a killy powerhouse in his own right. The knight blob will make use of the horse pally to secure charges, while the foot pally buffs the peasantry. The Luminark is pure fluff, as the army is based in Hysh, and if I'm lucky it'll get off a good spell once in a while and maybe splat some heroes or weakening crucial units with its beam.

shitpost elsewhere

Do i have to remind you on what site you are posting right now?
You aren't posting on your facebook page where all your friends go on sucking your dick over the sloppiest of paintings to not hurt your feelings, you're on an anonymous mongolian basket weaving board where if you ask for feedback you'll recieve proper feedback.

Now the wash you used is too light, there's no depth. If you want to keep a pale skin tone apply a proper wash and then highlight with the basecoat or use a lighter basecoat, be sure to not paint the recesses.
Also the other colors seem pretty flat, i would add at least an highlight to everything on the model, a wash and 2 highlights would be much better but if you're lazy just highlight once.

not that guy but heres a face I did today

How many different stormcast heroes can they possibly release.

Jesus christ you are a colossal faggot and that's going some by tg standards

Please just go away so we don't have to smell your neckbeard stench or look at your godawful WoW models

One; next week.

Theres 2 new units actually: vanguard hunters and gryph hounds. 1 more cavalry unit, 1 artillery unit (big crossbows) and 1 hero cavalry will follow soon after.

Does anyone have any good tips and tricks for builing a model out of bitz? I want to make a custom beastlord for my Hinterlands warband, but I have no experience in making good scrachbuilt models and I don't want to buy a metal miniature who's warscrol has 3 different layouts but only 1 model

The website says the Beastlord is resin. But you could always try to get your hands on a Bestigor and convert that?

It's quite unbelievable, I've seen this guy in a lot of generals, he always posts his pics and throws a shitfit when he receives feedback.

I like it, using coloured washes for Dark Eldar is pretty baller. I use Druchi Violet for mine.

We've given this guy feedback like 20 times. And every time he denies all allegations and throws a shitfit.

Oh and to show I can dish out and take as well, please /aosg/, gimme feedback on my most recent work.

I'd say the highlighting on the skin looks a bit thick and i would probably not do the final highlight on the thighs. Looks good though!

Looks pretty solid. You may want to do some extreme highlights in his face, as it is his focal point.

Yeah, it's abit too stark imo, what doesnt help is that the pic is like 4 times the size of the actual model which was a bit of a shock when I saw it the first time.

I was personally thinking about tadding some more Rakarth flesh to some areas and then add pure white as hightlight for the nose, chin lips and brows.

The eyes on this guy are impossible though, my elves and Skaven have these enourmous eyes that are way easier to find...

Eyes are fine, cause hes looking down, but if you want to do something easy and pretty cool, take a look at s technique

it doesn't really matter what ratio of wash to medium you've used when no one can tell you've done anything, other than waste time & whatever fluids used.

sorry we have constructive criticism for you, user

Blood elf dude, I agree with people in this thread. You may have done a shade but it feels like your highlights covered it.

>Went to /AoSG/ for something about Cee Lo Green
>Was not disappointed

Semi on topic post but you find chaps might be able to help me.

I want to read the end times to the AoS fluff novels but I have no idea how to approach them. There's the 8th edition lore collection but that starts with Nagash where as the timeline is listed to start with Blood of Sigmar.

Is the 8th edition collection the entire series collected or am I reading something I shouldn't be?

Square bases for life boi

roundcucks get fucked

still uses squares. Not gonna rebase my entire army.

WE'RE WATCHING YOU SCUM.

here is a picture from 1 foot away. at this distance does it still look like shit?

thanks for all the "constructive feedback"
telling me that it looks like shit

People didn't say it looked like shit, most said the skin looked flat. It still does.

Nice to see you're still triggered, though.

Skin looks a bit flat, might wanna try a few washes or some more highlight to give it some contrast.

Even at that distance the skin is way too bright and looks oversaturated not pallid

Pale skin still casts a shadow.

That said it's passable tabletop quality

>gimme feedback on my most recent work

looks like shit. edge highlights way too thick, the layers looks scrubbed on and sloppy with lazy dry brush.

I wish you would stop posting in these threads. I know I should expect assholes on Veeky Forums yes, but you create conflict out of the simplest shit and just ruin any discussion.

>That said it's passable tabletop quality

literally all I was going for, thanks

>I wish you would stop posting in these threads. I know I should expect assholes on Veeky Forums yes, but you create conflict out of the simplest shit and just ruin any discussion.

or you could go fuck yourself? also an option.

>thanks for all the "constructive feedback"
At least do you what constructive feedback mean?
It means telling someone his work is shit sure but then you also tell him where and how he can improve and i see plenty of people telling you how you can improve
Now don't come and tell us that you didn't get "constructive feedback", faggot.
If you're so stubborn on not wanting to improve, to spend more time highlighting or applying a proper wash to your models don't come here asking for feedback

As it stands you've done the bare minimum tabletop standard and you're more than ready to play. If you want real criticism (You clearly don't) take it to a painting general

>It's sprayed
>There are base colours
>There is a wash
>A highlight of something
>Holy fuck a based model

This is better than 90% of the grey tides of shit at the average LGS, so if you're looking for a pat on the back, there you go.

Thanks, user, your disgust will only encourage me to try harder.

he suffers from victim complex, he can't help it, it's all the rage with kids these days.

Faggots, come back to the embrace of WHFB, leave this heresy where it belongs - in the Kirby's ass.

>Coming back to the game with the worst players ever
Thanks, but no.