Bat Mastersoooon

>Two-Face

>Weapon proficiency: Spork

Han solo.

depends on the setting
depends on the system

>a goddess of chance
>Paladins

...oh yeah, that's right. You can make non-LG Paladins now.

Shit, why am I playing a wizard?

Two face
>Are you guilty?
>Flips coin
>Yes
>Will you die for your crimes?
>Flips coin
>No
>Okie dokie I guess you are free to go, no hard feeling eh?

You mean like a Jedi?

>Goddess of chance
>Not a god of luck
Wew

They don't actively investigate. They carry on their independent way and only get involved if they see something.

The Goddess they worship usually guides them right, but every paladin knows they'll one day fall afoul of lady luck.

They probably carry a set of divine ivory dice that they use to gamble for a criminal's sentence. Lady luck usually helps the innocent.

Gamblers, both in taverns, and in battle. Expect a lot of plans hinging on million-to-one chances.

Y'know, I've been reading X-Force since it was The New Mutants, and I'm still not sure what Domino's power is, besides "hooking up with Cable".

>Expect a lot of plans hinging on million-to-one chances

Isn't that a recipe for ignominious death?

>goddess

white knights I guess

"Heads you live, tails you die."

Heads, I kill the baby orcs. Tails, I leave them here to die of starvation and exposure.

I doubt the sentence would be gambled on. They did the crime, they do the time. Or they commit the sin, they're put in the bin.

The roaming around randomly thing seems more likely. Maybe tossing a coin or rolling a die to decide where to go next. Trusting in chance to guide them where they need to go.
Also often going for long shots when failure isn't disastrous.
They're not luck cultists after all, they're still paladins. Defenders of the weak, slayers of evil and wielders of the light. Just more prone to winging it and hoping for the best.

>shield is a coin with a 50% chance to reflect
>weapon is a ball and chain with a 20 sided dice as it's weight. You get dealt damage in accordance to whatever face hits you. It is connected at the 1 (if you roll a 1 the handle has flown out of the paladin's hand and hit the target)

She has the power to affect probability in her favor. Usually this means bullets miss her or enemies' guns jam. That kind of thing.

I imagine they have different degrees of "severity" dice.

Mild criminals get the lowest degree of punishment, and it increases from then on.

The worst degree dice only has "Smite" and "Smite Twice" on them.

Capricious

Never heard of lady luck ? Damn poltards trying to ruin everything, yet again.

>muh, I'm no /pol/ ! You are just disagreeing with me !

You are. Now take this gun, and play russian roulette while praising your only rightful goddess.

Chill out, dude.

You're not making yourself look any better.

Opportunistic.

>"But sir paladin, you can't use this on the prisoner! Every side just says smite!"
"Oh, of course! I'm so sorry, I meant to use THIS die!"
>"... This one just says smite too, except some of the sides say to smite more than once."
"Yes?"

Not that user, but the redpill brigade is both annoying AND idiotic.

Lucky fuckers

>I imagine they have different degrees of "severity" dice.

That's still a lot to infer from two stupid comments.

How much and what kind of testing one would have to do to know if one is a mutant or a statistical anomaly?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the University of Toronto, and I’ve been involved in numerous public safe space events, and I have had over 300 confirmed nazis punched. I am trained in meme warfare and I’m the top leader in the Anita Sarkeesian anti-gamergate movement. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with words the likes of which have never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of SJW's across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kick you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in writing, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Google research and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what triggering retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>... after one last coin toss
>What's that one for?
>To see if I'm gonna kill you anways

Unexpected.

Give promotions to this user.

The paladins worship the twin sisters of fate and chance; Lady Luck, and Miss Fortune.

Those who pledge themselves to Lady Luck hold the boon (and curse) of mundane chance; good days and bad days; finding a small bag of coins and losing their bread. They hold a philosophy of slow, gradual, incremental action, seeking to maximize their minimal boons, and minimize whatever ill luck may befall them and their friends.

Those who pledge themselves to Miss Fortune, however, are subject to incredible windfalls and crushing failure; serendipitous events so profound that they may as well be divine, and horrible, grinding poor fortune that can grind them to poverty and death. Compared to their more rational and cautious brothers and sisters, these paladins are gamblers. They will gain everything and lose it just as quickly; leading an allied army to overwhelming victory against a hated enemy, only for that kingdom to be subject to horrible plague nary a decade later.

As can be expected, paladins of Luck are quite popular, especially with those like merchants and bankers who are used to playing against risk.
Paladins of Fortune are much, much less popular, their effects and blessings being karmic in the extreme, but there are a few examples in history of them beating the odds and bringing unrivaled prosperity and greatness to those they endeavor to assist.

Curiously, both paladins of Luck and Fortune hold generally the same philosophy and outlook on life. While those of Law are more restrained, and Fortune more brave, they both hold a stoic and joyful acceptance of fate, regardless of the outcome.

Travelers who throw sticks up at cross roads and travel to where the stick points.

Aaaaand I'm stealling this

Blood Bowl's Alternate Fantasy World

>using alignments ever
kek

>A religious order worships a catgirl goddess

What would their Paladins look like?

They are all about stacking the odds in the favor of the down trodden. While everything is left to chance in the end, there's nothing stopping you from turning that 1:9001 into something a little more possible.

No need for lolrandumb paladins, you just have them as professional odds improvers.

>AdeptusArbites.jpg

The only good thing about the Chaos God is the negligible retribution when you renounce him after a random shrine roll.
Fuck Xom.

giving pic related to

Why does every two-bit deity these days get paladins? Paladins of chance, paladins of the ocean, paladins this, paladins that, paladins fucking everywhere! I made myself a bowl of cereal today but you don't see me championing the righteous cause of a balanced breakfast. Get a real job you freaks!

>Upon capturing an enemy, they toss a coin.
>White is LG result
>Black is LE result
>Paladins are blind
>And the toss is inside a contained and closed system
The Order of Schrodinger

Hunters of those who gamble
Debators of those who state the absolute
Defires of the absolute truths

I imagine that's just a regular deity ambition thing. Start a cult, make a name for yourself, get some paladins, lavish in worship.

Like this. Paladins of marginal gains, distributing minor favours carefully, spreading their bets

>in the middle of a crowded marketplace
>tosses rock in the air
>whoever it hits is probably guilty of something

I'm rolling to roll this four sided die.
If it lands on 1, I bring you to prison
If it lands on 2, I kill you.
If it lands on 3, I let you go.
If it lands on 4, we go get hot chocolate together.

This is not clever.

I'm surprised at the lack of weebs. Normally I'd expect people to remember that Darkness is a Paladin of Eris, Goddess of Fortune.

They would fight all forms of control. The best chance is a natural chance, so let people make decisions on their own.
>Basically anarchy paladins.

I don't think they'd be necessary.
Paladins take an oath to protect the tenants of their deity. One does not need to protect chance, because fate makes fools of us all.

Alternatively, it could be that they value fairness above all and hunt down cheaters and those who allow bias to affect their decision. Bribes and loaded dice would be sacrilege.

This.

To stack the odds is to deny the ruling of the goddess of chance; a blaspheme against the order of odds

It sure is user!

thats easy user.

A mutant is both.

its too new to remember.

Why not look to real life, user?

her class and goddess don't exactly come up much because people are more interested in her big tits and horribly off-kilter personality.

>God of chance
That already exists, user
His paladins are mighty keyboard warriors

Debt collectors with big swords.

Expound on the values of courage and caution in equal measure. Recognize the uncertainty of the world in which they live, and apply themselves in the best way they can. Their paragons are legendary for unexpected turnabouts and longshot victories, but their entry level is rather sparse as those that don't recognize the difference between a long shot and an impossible roll don't last long.

Waiting and paying the ante a while can be worth it if the cards turn up right for you down the river; the virtues of patience and determination are still very present despite the reverence of uncertainty. The fact that there is chance in everything isn't cause to eschew Law and Benevolence, but rather taken as a reason to hold to the ideals of Good and Justice all the more; if we don't, who will?

Order-specific benefits; playing Russian Roulette with your smiting will double its effectiveness. Dice-based weapon enchantments with a 1/combat switch on a d8 to find out what you'll be using in that conflict, gaining bonuses to make up for the divided proficiency investments (doubling critical ranges, 19 to 20 on a d20 going to 17 to 20, or 17/18 on a 3d6 stretching to 15 to 18.

Never back down from a Dare unless following through would be unjust or unreasonably evil.

Every Paladin of the Goddess of Chance will eventually face a challenge to which they cannot avoid, cannot back down without forsaking their virtues and values, and where victory seems nigh impossible. If they recognize it for what it is, they know it is the closest they will likely come to their patron's direct attention in their life, and that regardless of how dangerous their impediments are there is no greater chance for victory than to take the hand dealt to them and throw their all into facing their foe. Unarmed, unarmored, half dead and bleeding out? You make that jump or die trying.

No reason not to run a normal paladin, it isn't creative but strictly speaking if you take the old homer style thinking, the gods are the cause for all happenings with mortal people, stickily t speaking there would be no difference from the normal DUES VULT, i place my fate in the hands of the gods Stoicism.

Then again gods are fundamentally creatures that generate order so a goddess who generates
possibility would be a goddess of chaos.
like eris or else wise.
i could see a twitchy, some what dogged paladin worried if his goddess might just invert his powers on a whim.
>smite evil, casts a heal effect on sword
>turn undead becomes empowered undead.
etc.

you are so emotionally involved with it I'm pretty sure you are the /pol/lack here just trying to stir shit up for no reason.

Mutants have the X-gene. Not related to the X-Chromosome.

>you encounter evil, roll a d6 to determine how to react
>1: smite
>2: smite
>3: smite
>4: smite
>5: smite
>6: roll again

>looks like luck is in my favor

Well, with the way /pol/ ironically worships Kek, you could say he's a god of chance.

So I guess the paladins would all be turbo-autist memelords shouting REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when they go into battle.

>implying there is any irony left in /pol/
Popularity breeds sincerity.

basically this guy, then

>first i'm gonna hit you in the head
>it's either gonna feel like a love tap and give you a subdural brain bleed
>or it's gonna knock your brain out of your stupid face
>then i'm gonna duplicate myself a bunch of times
>how many times? who knows
>then me and all the other me's are gonna beat the shit out of you

Domino's power is that "everything falls into place."

I've always wanted to see what he'd do if it landed on the side

Well, at least 2 anime i can think of give interesting thoughts on the subject. First katanagatari. Each head of the maniwa ninja's has a unique ability that takes possible decades to learn unless you are a specific loli. One of their abilities is simply that he's favored by the world. As such, he takes advantage of this by using special weapons that he has no control over. In the end, it was beaten by the character emonzaemon simply because the maniwa head had "Pushed their luck" so to speak. He took a gamble, and it worked.

In medaka box, probability works in favor of "Specials". People with over the average capabilities in one or more area's. At one point, they demonstrate this by having the main character, kurokami medaka, throw six dice. For a normal special, they would always show up all six's. For medaka, being above and beyond that, they showed up all six's, stacked on top of eachother. Later on, there's a door that only lets specials in, based on this property. Basically, its a door where the number you need to key in is different every split second. Medaka got it easily, and gave the next password it would use after the one she originally used. After that the secretary busted down the door making it an exercise in a moot point anyways, but the point is there are methods of ascertaining this kind of thing.

And there's also no telling when or how that power could fail.

have an an aneurysm?

Unlike most of the suggestions here, how about:

>The paladins of Lady Luck are picked for having a good heart and a strong arm, not for good sense.
>They're taught to jump on every opportunity for adventure that they see, since Lady Luck is on their side, after all.
>They're generally encountered blundering into danger. The party might stumble across one who has miraculously survived something, and just needs someone to save them.
>Favored enemy: black cats

So why is she so shot up in that picture?

Fuzzy

>Goddess of chance
Ssssso Tymora?

ecaflip's a dude

They'd be a wandering mercenary; they never take payment, but instead would take anything that 'fell into their lap"- a magic sword drawn from the body of a skeleton just happens to be just a little more powerful than normal. Perhaps they trip over a slightly uneven flagstone, revealing a secret cache of ancient coins.

The one rule they have however, is that they all carry a coin with them, a Silver coin inlaid with a golden filigree of the goddess on one side. Whenever a fight might occur, they flip the coin. Heads you win, they will fight, tails you lose (unless directly threatened) they won't.

you right

Basically this guy.

Speaking of Medaka and luck - Zenkichi later gets an ability which he calls Devil Style. This ability works on a meta level stopping any possible random sidetracks in the story or luck of skill users working in their favour.

Indeed. Its basically the inverse of domino's power.

Thats a lot further in though. Honestly, its just interesting how zenkichi, the most normal person of the bunch for all intents and purposes, is easily the most interesting character.

You worship an egregore named after an ancient deity. Also, chaos isn't exactly the same as chance.

>Goddess of Chance
The Lady does not care for worship, user.
She does not empower those who follow her, or display her power through worldly acts.
However she is the most powerful God in existence, for all wish that she exists and pray to her.
And upon the wings of a butterfly, her will is done.

>what is a Morton's fork

>A religious order worships an idiot

What would their paladins be like?

Why not a karmic sort of justice? They could worship a goddess of chance with the idea that random chance will be weighted by what is good and what is bad, so whatever result happens to happen will somehow be the best of possible worlds.

Someone who uses neither condoms or card sleeves

Dice Man

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Knights of second chances

former fallen paladins go around saving evil doers from themselves, offering them a second chance at life.

Any who abuse this second chance are handled with extreme prejudice

>everyone mentioning Two-Face
>not acknowledging the true Paladin of Chance

>everyone I don't like is /pol/, even the /pol/ inquisition busy accusing people of being /pol/
How many levels of irony and false flagging are we on now? Can't we just hate shit that's shitty because it's shitty and not because we associate it with some boogeyman?

>not using card sleeves
The absolute madman. They're going to regret that for the rest of their lives.

After a point Medaka Box gets past a certain point it becomes a complete meta-commentary. With one of the character's being a literal author-insert, an editor-insert, a reader-insert, and especially Zenkichi getting "anti plot-armour" as his power.