Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time your party had a study session?
Did you need ancient lore to defeat the big bad, did your wizard just want more fire in their fireballs, or did you actually follow a plot hook?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/soulbolt/
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/City_districts_of_Absalom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do those girls have beards

Why do those girls have goatees?

Because they're wizards, duh.

Are there any decent PF fics of any kind?
No games 4 lyfe, just need something to take the edge off
Even krokodil will do.

You know what'll take the edge off?
A delicious dungeon meal.

New Dungeon Meshi out go read it.

Pathfinder fanfics?

Where Seoni overdoses (normal doses?) on krokodil and dies of horrible flesh-rending death?

>Where Seoni overdoses (normal doses?) on krokodil and dies of horrible flesh-rending death?

>Fanfic where Amiri becomes addicted to harlot sweets while adventuring in Belkzen.

Sure that works too

Dungeon Meshi?
...hmm.
Seems almost interesting.
Going to check it out I suppose.

Let's say you cast mage armor on someone with armor. Will they still receive the +4 AC vs incorporeal touch attacks or can they only use their useless armor?

Post art about iconics

Konosuba

iirc they're still a valid target and gain the benefits of mage armour, it's just the the main benefit is an armor bonus that won't stack with actual armour.
So yeah, they get AC against ghosts.

Poor girl getting touched inappropriately by that old guy while her valiant guard does nothing
Fucking wizards
Never just raping you properly instead of mindfucking you

Yeah between the Konosuba novels and Dungeon Meshi that should hold you till tomorrow. Both are painfully aware of how parties *really* act.

>Konosuba novels
tell me more

>That's my mage hand you're feeling.

Please stop.

I mean, it's a light novel series, isn't it?

THIS CITY NEEDS YOU NOOWWW
THIS CIIIIIIIIITYYYYYYYYY
THIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS CIIIIIIIIIII TTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

How would you make Protoman?

Android with integrated weaponry laser rifle?

>pic

Have your Androids ever placed the blame on the squishy little fleshlings for not doing the job they themselves were created to do, /pfg/?

It is the attitude that is more important than the gear

What country is this supposed to be?

You just need to have another android you want real brother relations with.

How critical is to have 14 or better constitution with a martial. Can you get away with 12 in exchange of more str?

I kind of expected my campaign to be ending anyway because of other, unrelated reasons, but I wonder whether I should try to continue this campaign with my remaining players (I'll have at least one, maybe two or even three depending on what happens with my job-seeking player) and some new recruits, start this campaign over with either my old players and new recruits or just a complete set of new players, or if I should start a different campaign with my remaining players plus new recruits.

Any personal experiences or advice to help me decide?

Depends on what you're shooting for. If you're like, an archer fighter or Paladin? Hah, shooting. Then you can absolutely get away with it.

>It is the attitude that is more important than the gear

So what you're telling me is Protoman should be made for Wrath of the Righteous, where Mendev has been complacent to the demonic threat for too long? More interested in heroes for the martyrs they make than the change they bring?

12 Constitution on a d10 is adequate, and on a d12 it's great.

>How critical is to have 14 or better constitution with a martial
Pretty fucking critical

Protoman would also make a good antagonist for Hell's Rebels

Nevertheless, there's nothing wrong with wanting to have a megabuster.

If you still have 3 after all is said and done you could probably continue the campaign, but having 2 means less than half the players of the campaign remain, and with only 1 there's definitely no point.

If you are tanking or are the sole frontliner then con of or over 14 is preferred. If not, then you can get away with less con since there's plenty items that give CON, which is the primary source for health late game.

The only class that super duper wants anything more than a 14+ in Constitution is a Kineticist, because it sets how much Burn they can take and the DCs of some of their abilities. Otherwise, I would set 16 as the absolute maximum you need for your typical martial character. The higher their AC, the lower you can take this- Barbarians want a high constitution, while you can scoot by with a lower number if you're a Fighter or a Slayer (or a ranged build)

Just take toughness and you will be fine

Hey PF/tg/

Talk to me about Golarion's capital Absalom. I don't own the Golarion Campaign setting and the wiki entries I find seem to be full of... frankly really unimportant fluff. It's the Pathfinder society's home, It's got a God Rock - which I know nothing about other than it makes you a gods some how.

And Hard Mode challenge: Please no "Clever" answers or one-liners, because that's why I'm asking. A lot of fellow players were making what sounded like jokes or meme-y shit about the place and I know really nothing about it.

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/soulbolt/

Any class with less than 14 con is a walking corpse.

You can tell someone is a scrub if they get 12 just because theyre "ranged".

No. CON is your not-dying stat.

Is having 12 Wis, at least, necessary? Just how common are enemies/spells or situations where a single +1 is worth the price?

Absalom is the monument to all Paizo's sins, it is the culmination of long hours spent writing up backstory that will never get used, stories that will never be ran, locations that will never be seen. Absalom was built on the promise of being the focal point for a grand setting in a grand system.

And then it just... Nothing. Paizo discovered people cared about Varisia more than the Inner Sea, and with every companion book the focus seemed to shift on Cheliax, on Andoran, on Taldor or Qadira more than Absalom. The focus shifted away from the Pathfinders and more on APs, and even in Pathfinder Society you rarely go to Absalom.

>Is having 12 Wis, at least, necessary?

A class with a good Will save (aka, it starts with +2 at level 1) can get away with a 10 Wisdom, but something with a poor Will save should have 12 or ideally 14 Wisdom.

The ultimate functional fighter for Pathfinder using 25 Point Buy is 16 (+2), 13, 14, 12, 14, 10

Use warsoul instead, emulate the firearm and energy weapons (they're firearm category).

Soulbolt is actually really bad; ONLY go soulbolt if you're taking it straight into soul-archer PRC as soon as possible (this transforms it into composite-longbow using WIS, and is compatible with multiweapon-fighting).

>a basic fighter
>having 10 Cha

I may not like dumps, but that there looks dumb. Unless you're doing like, an oni-spawn tiefling or somethin'.

>I don't like dumps
>But you should dump

Come the mid levels you fucking struggle for every +1. You do not want to be the guy that bitches out of a fight just because you saw a spooky munmy or who freezes up for the rest of the fight just because you happened to look at a qlippoth.

Not in Pathfinder, but in Eclipse Phase I played an awakened AI in a robotic body who was essentially a "party mascot" and comedic relief character (the comedy arising from how awkwardly the character interacted with organic, "natural" beings and a few other quirks the character had such as a compulsion to always clean and polish its surroundings when idle).

Campaign never got far enough for anybody to realize it secretly thought everyone would be better off if we all merged into some sort of hiveminded mass intelligence akin to the TITANs, which for those who don't know the system or setting are basically rogue AIs kept self-improving until they were smarter than their creators and then caused the apocalypse before fucking off and disappearing to beyond the solar system for reasons nobody knows. The DM didn't know about that character motivation either, but only because I wasn't sure if I wanted to include that and the campaign ended before I had a chance to ask her if it's something we could work into the game or if she'd rather me not pursue that route since it could have lead to some drama.

My general rule is that if I expect to be on the frontlines of melee combat, I want a 14 in CON. If not, I want 12. I will cut anything short of my class' primary stat to make those numbers happen.

If you can use your FCB for HP though, then maybe you can get away with 12 CON on a frontliner. I'd still be looking to raise it when possible, but the problem is that you'd be wanting a STR or DEX belt more than a CON belt, so you better make sure you're starting with a level of CON you're comfortable with.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I was thinking of it too.

By mid lvl, do you mean lvl 12 or sooner?

>super MAD class with 0 uses for Charisma
>array doesn't even drop it to 8

Really makes me think
Dumping are more like 7 lower, desu

>Super MAD
>Complaining about not having enough points
>When you've already got all you need in Strength, Dex, Con and Wis with 25 PB with enough left over for a 12 in Int.

>The face of the party has Char 5.

What's the cheapest reliable out-of-combat healing?
Is it really Boots of the Earth?
I'd love to load up on Wands of Infernal Healing, but my UMD is 0.

Around 10. And no, a wis headband and iron will doesnt cut it. If you have bad progression you will want a +will trait, iron will and 12 wis before items.

Clw. Infernal healing will piss off the rest of the party because youll be running down their min/level buffs.

wands of CLW

Seriously. You will burn though maybe 5 in your whole career.

Okay, well, what can I do to be able to use them, short of dipping a level in a divine casting class?
My CHA is 10 and UMD isn't a class skill.

So i've been thinking lately that I really wanted to build a guy who focuses on brewing potions. Alchemist seems like the obvious choice, but at the same time, I feel like their "spell" list and general progression is lacking.

Is there a cool archetype or prestige class that gives some focus on potion brewing? Perhaps one that lets you brew above level 3 spells?

Wand of CLW is the basic bitch method, Boots of Earth (if your GM allows it) are indeed good, and if you have a Dhampir and someone with sneak attack in the party then an Anatomy Doll will be an amazing investment.

Having a Cleric or Oracle in the party. I know that just sounds like I'm being sassy, but I'm serious. If your party is really hurting regularly and you guys need a lot of healing, having a PC (or NPC for that matter) around who can help with it is very practical. I'm not suggesting anyone retire their current PC, but if somebody does die you might encourage them to look in that direction for their next character. You don't have to build HEALBOT 2000 MRK. IV to be able to cover your whole party's HP-related needs, you can do all the needed healing and still be focused on other stuff too.

>Is there a cool archetype or prestige class that gives some focus on potion brewing? Perhaps one that lets you brew above level 3 spells?

Artisan focusing on potions?

Ive eaten through two wands in one adventuring day. Though it was partially because I was the only one getting targetted because everyone else was getting killed in one full attack and the GM decided to let 70% of thr mobs attack me.

>you'll burn through maybe 5
>5.5 healed per casting on average
>50 charges
>only have to heal 1375 over a career
>in a party of 4 that's 344 per person
Don't know what kind of pansy ass game you're playing, you'll burn through closer to 20.

What about beginning at 10 at first lvl, and then increase it as you lvl up? You get two chances before lvl 10, right? Is it viable?

Guess I shoulda mentioned, DM doesn't allow 3rd party

Buy the wand and ask the guy with und to use it on you.

Not him, but I can't say this has been true in the campaign I've been running. I don't think I've been especially rough on my players, I give them CR appropriate encounters and a chance to rest between fights, but they're just three levels into my campaign and they're already chewing through their 3rd wand. I expect the problem would only get worse at higher levels, as the max HP and typical damage taken from a single attack increases.

>Buy the wand and ask the guy with und to use it on you.
We don't have a UMD guy. My 10 CHA is the highest in the party.

They're either very feminine-faced dudes, or those are chin-plates. They're quite clearly not facial hair on a girl, because their coloration is wrong.

How do I become the most deadly martial artist in pathfinder?

Be a wizard and deliver disintegrate as a melee touch attack

I play in a game where we level up every other month or so, meaning there are probably four fights per level, because we roleplay a lot.

Your ability bumps are worth more if you pump your highest stat. Just cut back on your highest stat for now you little bitch.

Be level 20 with 10 mythic ranks.

Pragmatic activator or buy +skill items.

Can I use Marvelous Pigments to make food, booze, etc.?
Like, is it within the capacity of the item to let me draw a table with a feast for 6 people on it and have it all be delicious?

Ok, how do I actually do it with martial arts rather than just casting a spell?

3pp is on the table for the most part. However I'm not really looking for the extremely SU PoW disciplines.

Fool's Errand + Mithril Current
Grab Flowing Mithral Fist and Quicksilver Grip.
Become that one guy who keeps his hands in his pockets/sleeves between attacks.
Entirely EX and anime as fuck to boot.

Pick a class with scaling unarmed strike like monk brawler or sacred fist then build it properly.

Yo, this Training enchantment is sick.
Anything else good in there?

The unchained monk is lethal as fuck. Dragon style, pummeling charge, flying kick, elbow strike.

Should be, yeah. That's like one of the first things I thought to do with the item when I saw it, though I think there are probably a lot of even more creative uses for the stuff.

Interesting, but pretty sparse on the description of the place itself.

Cheliax pre-queen change?

The unchained monk is surprisingly good at being an actual monk. You can punch the shit ouf of things very well.

has some good advice, but I would add style mastery, abundant step, and the dimensional dervish.feat line,

Adding to these two. See if your GM allows the Guided weapon enhancement. Laugh if they do.

Description of the place itself? That would be a long, long post with a great many ramblings or mistruths on my part.

If you want somewhere to look, go here and start drilling: pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/City_districts_of_Absalom

What's the most common gold stat. What is the most common dump stat?

Yea that is just bullshit and I don't recommend it.

Plus not being dependent on a weapon is really good.

Don't ignore grappling ether. While the CMD of about half of the monster manual is in the "lol don't even try" levels, abundant step combined with improved grapple can just end encounters against the right opponents.

/5eg/ here.
You weebs and grognards stay in your general.

Cha
Con

But user-kun, I post in 5e too.

That is not true.
That's impossible.

Get out of here, hipster.

How is that bounded accuracy treating you?

5e is for low iq babbies tho.

>see pic

There aren't any.
...wait no, there was one Buffy/Pathfinder thing I remember reading at some point years ago.
Don't remember if I read it completely or stopped midway, or if it was any good.
It's the only PF fic I know of though.

Anyone know any good feats for Warder? Stuff that interacts with AoOs and threatened areas?

Trip/Disarm/Standstill?

>that pic
Isn't that a "comic" where this bitch just shittalks the faceless protagonist the entire time