Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Cucked by Thicc Futa-Celestine part 2 edition

>previous thread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=EDu04O22mJ8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

New SoB models were a mistake

why are we moving so slow today

Wooo

Celestine X greyfax cutesy yuri fan art/fiction when?

Failing difficult terrain checks

5th for the Slow and Purposeful apparently

Celestine femdom fan art when?

Am im mistaken or was there actually just one new mini thus far?

>defilers out of stock

What did GW mean by this?

They're most likely out of stock

They have 3 new models but only one unit

wait for the information from rise of the primarch to start trickling down, you'll miss the slowness

Need a morality check Veeky Forums

>go to tourney
>"tourney" that is very much about fun and most people see it as ten dollars for 3 fun games where everyone's bringing out their best list
>4th wyvern doesn't arrive in the mail by the tourney
>smilingGuardFag.cadia
>run a manticore as one and no one cares
>play "championship" against resident WAACfag who always brings cheese
>I seize with Coteaz
>emperors wrath artilary company rapes eldar jetbike asshole and I kill 10 jetbikes out of 15 and his 2 farseers, one is warlord
>Salt
>he gets very grumpy as he still only narrowly looses against me
>no handshake and leave without saying a word after mumbling about wyverns
>next tourney has a post on FB
>"hey guys we've gotten a complaint about proxying, just wanna remind you your army needs to be almost totally wysiwyg, minor stuff is okay but no major stuff"
>literally just have that wyvern and a monkey from an empire box I use as a psykers because it's funny as proxies, and now I have my real wyvern

He's just petty as fuck right? I'm not in the wrong here in any way, just wanted some other opinions just in case I'm biased

>also any good stories of making WAACfags salty?

He's a fucking crybaby, lol.

Omegon is in the Grey Knights' vault.
Omegon is/was Janus.

I'm kinda new to this 40k stuff.
But what i understand he knew what units those replacements were and got rekt.
Yeah he was in the wrong i guess, unless there's something really important im missing here.

Yeah, pretty petty and he deserves it for playing Eldar.
You should totally run 4 Basilisks instead of Wyverns though.

>When you roll bellow 4 on every move through cover roll in your army all game
>order move move move or whichever makes you run with more dice
>highest roll is 4

Sometimes I wish I could order my commissar to shoot one of the guardsmen just for being lazy

>commissars can issue orders but instead of a leadership check you remove one model for each order

sounds like a sore loser, your proxy was about the same size and fit your list. not like soda cans for drop pods or gorkanauts for wraithknights

even if you had the right models i could see him complaining about formations or something else you did to beat him fair and square

> a formation that doesn't fit a cad cannot be more than 2/5ths of your army in points

Trust me if it wasn't for that house rule at our tourney I would because its such an amazing unit against a lot of armies in that formation

I swear to Christ that's it, I wasn't being a cunt, and I made it very very clear what that unit was because we all know that feel of forgetting another guys proxy and getting fucked by it

My group just houseruled it so that all difficult terrain just cuts movement in half, and move through cover just lets you ignore that.

It always felt like it never even mattered and the roll felt pointless, since unless you rolled a 2 or 3 you usually got where you needed soon enough.

That reminds me, let's fix orders Veeky Forums

>voxs remove range requirement or doubles it
>15 pts per vehical for "vox relay" vehicals can accept orders from tank commanders
>add an order that buffs bs or make first rank second rank apply to all weapons
These all seem good and balanced, any other suggestions?

>'fun' tourney
>running 4 wyverns

Armies also included
>wolfstars
>ravenwing spam
>skatbike spam
>skyhammer
>wraithknight
>riptide wing

I'm good

I mean run six Basilisks
Two squadrons of three in a regular CAD, leaves you a heavy support slot for a leman russ squadron
Unless you're talking about the artillery company formation, I don't know if that's required to run artillery

Nope Janus it a thousand son it was in a recent novel.

I guess he meant a tourney where everyone knows the level of cheese included

So in update on getting my army back
Friend just sent me some photos of my stuff.
The guy had managed to knock my shitty case I was using off a wardrobe. Was a record case with packing foam because I had spent too much on models and couldn't afford a case back in late 2015

Spine spikes on my heldrake are hanging off, blood crushers with banner has the banner fallen off, bloodthirster has had his axe hand snapped off and both wings have fallen off at the shoulders.
May be other damage but I can't see on the photos.

I'd forgotten I got impatient and put the drake together before finishing painting which is bent

Is decurion considered cheese?

I play at two game stores and was at one for a couple months, the people there are a little more try hard and play more competitive lists but are USUALLY not WAAC, in that time I started necrons and everyone encouraged me to build up to decurion, I just played my first couple games with them a week ago and loved it, love their lore too.

Go to the other game store and start talking to the manager who's my friend and I mention my decurion, and they start making jokes about How I'm running cheese and they mention how I should make sure I'm not just running a neckbeard army

Doesn't decurion just make necrons viable? It's not like they are eldar tier and they kinda suck with just a 5+ reanimate unless you're running something weird

Celestine, Greyfax, Yvraine sailor moon art when?

Reminder that in an Eldar update, Orks STILL managed to get shafted.

I think 5 points to roll the shitty leadership on guardsmen when making orders is pretty good, unless I'm missing something

Basilisks in just a cad kinda suck because they don't ignore cover, jetbikes and ravenwing will just jink to their hearts content

Gimme that sauce boy

Is that spell available for everyone
If not, it's not like orks were gonna win against eldar anyway

RIP IG

Range is only 12" that's what? 20-50 models tops? Assuming he was 1" away and you just piled in the boyz.

Parking lot shows it is once again the master race of guard armies

I would probably run an artillery company with Basilisks if all those vehicles didn't cost so much and were available at my local store. I also kinda wish 40k had more field guns like the old ork big gunz
Like an earthshaker cannon on a towed mount

Last Son of Prospero

>Janus was a being known Ianius. Ianius was a fusion of the Thousand Sons legionnaire Revuel Arvida, and a shard of the Primarch Magnus the Red.

Sure you can get that from forge world for about $90 each

>It can only kill 50 orks in a single use!

Yeah, big advantage there. Then they walk up 6" and lose 50 more

I meant REAL 40k, not that shit

If someone tried that against me, I'd make them roll all 301 dice at once. Can't hold that many? Don't have that many dice? You don't get that many shots then...

(or alternatively, I'd just not be THAT GUY, and politely decline to play them in the first place)

you're retarded

soulreap is a witchfire with a profile, that means it needs to roll to hit and to wound

if it was shooting at a squad of 60 orks, 50 would hit, 25 would wound and you'd end up with 21 dead orks.

That's like saying Blasts are a direct nrrf to Orks because the Ork player was a tard and kept his Greentide in base to base contact with one another.

In all likelyhood soulreap would GET those 100+ hits but can only kill like 6 Orks. Unless the Ork player failed a charge.

Whatre you guys working on?

Ive got some Gunna Squigs in the works

>I'd make them roll all 301 dice at once
Can you show me where in the rules it says I have to roll all dice at once and not do batches of however many I want at a time?

Mold accidentally destroyed, no more defilers for you, expect them being unsupported on the new codex.

>REAL 40k
rofl xD

4 if you include failcast Vyridian that is one time only! Oh wait they are selling?! Mmmm what?!
Guys! They are web store only now!

I know you think you're the cool anti-that-guy that everyone would applaud when you "own" them, but you sound like absolutely the worst person to every play 40k with

Of course not, which is why I said I'd just politely decline to play that person.

That is, assuming I knew beforehand that they were going to get that specific power on the random chart, and be more psyker-y than me.

Also assuming I'm playing blob guard, which I rarely do.

Neat, what are those squig models from??

Not really, I'm just all talk. :)

Making progress on my canoptek harvest

>what do you guys think about he paint scheme, still needs washing obviously

Why wouldn't you decline to play against eldar at this point anyway?

Umm, okay, I'm a relatively new in 40k (less than a year), and I've played only against GK and smurfs, nids once or twice. So my question is why do eldar get so much flak here?

Played against eldar 3 times a few days ago, had tons of skatbikes and a wraithknight every game and was running the new cheese book, guy was a very good player too

Won 2 out of three games, first one was guard with necron allies, and that was close but I ran off with points

Second he started his army on the board and I seized and killed his warlord and tons of bikes turn one and his wraithknight turn 2 with all guard army, he rolled like shit

3rd game was pure necrons vs pure eldar and he won pretty decidedly, but it wasn't too bad since I was running an all necron list for the first time

Eldar just doesn't bother me and I enjoy the games and the challenge as long as the opponent isn't an insufferable cunt

>I'd say daemons are my least favorite matchup, idk they just annoy me with all their fliers and invulns

Because of their ridiculously OP codex, with a Jump Gargantuan Creature at 290 points and a WS10 BS10 I10 Melee rape machine.

What markings do non-Ultramarines use for their veterans? White helmets won't work on my scheme at all, so I'm trying to figure out alternate options for Sternguard. Using Mk3 or Mk4 armor for them, for what it's worth.

wipg doesn't help.

>thinks the avatar is even close to qualifying as contributing to eldar being broken

You sir have no clue what you're talking about

Mangler Squigs

If they're a Codex chapter, white. It's not just Ultramarines that follow it.

If they're not a codex chapter, go for whatever you feel looks best.

Depends on which chapter
Blood Angels use Gold
Dark Angels have the Deathwing

>You gave us nothing to work with
>What's your scheme
>What's its origins?

when he pulls out some guardians. my list is rather casual and takes brightlances

eldar are the top book, wraithknights are undercost, D weapons a plenty, wraithlords aren't walkers, almost rending on basic weapons, and they're one of the devs favorite.

It's all about the scatbikes, warlock spam, the big fat D and warp spiders.

Holy shit I just realised
What if GW SAID there's not gonna be an "age of the emperor" because it's gonna be fucking age of Guilliman

>Aeldari literally so OP no one outside of torneys will play them anymore
Cucked beyond salvation.

Fred?

DESU, Wraithknights and wraithlords would be fucking hard to turn into vehicles without new models. Even the Imperial knight and eldar raider is fucky.

I play Crimson Fists so I use the red hands method. Stripes on helmets or bareheaded sarges work for every chapter. Make it different enough that it'll pop on the table for easy reference, easy enough if they're toting power weapons.

Exactly why I wouldn't play an eldar. Guardians are basically non-existent.
I've never ever seen anyone suggest taking anything except fucking bikes and wraith whatevers when there's all kinds of infantry they could have or cool tanks

Tis he

Necron "Canoptek" units are some of the coolest looking models in the codex and maybe game imo, double harvest lists are a thing and I think it would be a really good looking army to run

>Wraithknights and wraithlords would be fucking hard to turn into vehicles
What are walkers

Because their Codex is far and away the most overpowered in the game by a significant margin, only really challenged by Chaos Daemons with specific builds or space marines with VERY specific builds.

The weakest units in the Eldar Codex are still leagues better than half the units in the lower tier Codices, and their strongest units are literally undercosted by hundreds of points. They have everything - high weight of fire at good ballistic skill with high strength weaponry, access to D weapons, extreme mobility, generally good saves and toughness scores, jink and JSJ, Gargantuans, tons of powerful psychic powers, rending small arms, utterly taxless formations that just hand out hugely powerful benefits for basically free, the list goes on.

The fuck do models have to do with it

He said vehicles not walkers.

I'm so glad to see the spyder I named look so amazing.

Just to add more fuel to the fire because I apparently want to ruin this thread

>what about riptides and stormsurges?

Ah, I see. Thanks for the answers about the eldars, anons.

>Walkers
>Being vehicles

Nice meme.

They can be walkers also

Just make them walkers and be done with it.

Gaze upon the army and despair.

>wraithlords aren't walkers
Wraithlords/Knights aren't supposed to be Walkers, they aren't machines by any stretch, they're articulated wraithbone puppets animated by ghosts. They have always been MCs and this isn't a problem outside of Wraithknights being retardedly undercosted and the current Super-heavy rules being stupid.

The big Tau suits, on the other hand, is another story entirely, and there's no excuse for Riptides to be MCs instead of Walkers.

What the fuck?

user what the fuck did you do to them?

Someone call the fucking Adeptus Mechanicus, we've got some serious Tech Heresy over here.

is that Rhodesian camo?

Sorry, I was on mobile and didn't have a photo on hand, tracked down a WIP in my post history.
Renegade chapter in a radical Inquisitor's employ, Welsh naming theme with some knightly aesthetic (more paladins than BT's Templar theme, less overtly holy than Grey Knights).
Almost all of the veterans I'm working on are modeled with a power sword/fist/claw/etc (or at the very least have a chainsword), which helps for distinguishing the models themselves. Just trying to figure out the paint.

Amusingly enough, considering red hands/forearm plates (Tamiya Clear Red, if I can find it cheap) for normie Marines. Bloodborn (natural birth and a much higher density of augmetics to get "up to par") and Steelborn (artificial birth and bred to be candidates), the latter making up almost all of the veterans and the former being most of the scouts/normie marines.

This are some ugly ass models and paintjob.

But really the only way to know is to play them yourself, a lot of 40k stuff needs to be seen not read

what you hear
>bikes are broken and stupid
What you need to experience
>when you have to make 47 saves on a unit from troops choices
>when obsec units can zip around as much as they want and get every objective from movement
>when one of the best psychic armies puts guide, fortune, or invisibility on a bike blob and they become even more powerful

No tech heresy here.

>maulerfiends aren't walkers
Forgefiends/Maulerfiends aren't supposed to be Walkers, they aren't machines by any stretch, they're articulated warpfofged puppets animated by daemons. They have always been MCs and this isn't a problem outside of Maulrtfiends being retardedly undercosted and the current Super-heavy rules being stupid.

The big Tau suits, on the other hand, is another story entirely, and there's no excuse for Riptides to be MCs instead of Walkers.

That's double tech heresy user. Explain yourself.

Choose a color that works for you and paint it like you would with white (whole helmet, single stripe, laurel wreath around helmet). Even if it's not white, if you paint it like the traditional veteran colors would be, people will pick up on it. For example, gold helmets for BA vets.

Ignore the haters user I think it looks good

>well okay the ones on the far right look derpy but otherwise I think the paint job is solid

>Accepting games against Ynnari in the first place