MtG EDH/Commander General - /edhg/

"It Is the Will of Zedruu" Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/
combodeck.net/

>Thread Question
What was your most memorable in-game moment?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sram-city/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-bullshit-spellslinger/
decks.deckedbuilder.com/d/276371
cardkingdom.com/mtg/promotional/wall-of-blossoms-fnm-foil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was no live edh bread, you failed me, Veeky Forums.

>What was your most memorable in-game moment?

>Playing 4 person EDH
>One person other than me left
>Incredibly outgunned
>Opponent goes infinite and uses fireball to deal 10,000 damage to me
>Play Reflect Damage
>mfw

Quick /edhg/
>What's the most recent deck you've completed and/or the deck you're currently working on?
>What's the most recent card you've purchased and what deck was it for?
>What's your favorite deck?

Working on Captain Sisay right now, snagged a cheap Eladamri's Call from the local FLGS for it. My favorite deck is Karlov though.

Was this before Deflecting Palm was printed, or are you just paranoid about things like Banefire?

>blue guy has a fast hand, almost has a total lock on the game by turn 6
>plays Teferi so now we can't cast any spells
>people start scooping cards
>I unmorph my Chromeshell Crab
>mfw

>My lgs has EDH league and achievements in game
>Achievements = points and whoever has the most total points at the end of the playing period gets a box
>One achievement is kill another player on their turn
>Playing Marath
>Three players, one obviously is going to win as I'm on 6 life and another is on 3
>Shoot him for 3 on his turn
>Shoot myself for 6 on mine
>Mfw I when the box

>What's the most recent deck you've completed?
I bought the Yidris precon, does that count?

I bought a beautiful foil Idyllic Tutor, I can't get enough of looking at the art. I also got a Land Tax from Legends. That one is not so pretty, but no less useful.

OP here. It's Zedruu and will always be Zedruu. It's a Johnny's wet dream.

>Building
Reyhan+Thrasios
>Purchased
Elusive Tormentor, needed a hard to remove sink for +1/+1 counters
>Favourite
Atraxa or Hope of Ghirapur, probably.

I have both in my deck.

currently working on Bant enchantress pillow fort deck, just got most of the remaining pieces, but unfortunately the commander I wanted, angus Mackenzie, is $80, so I'm gonna roll with Rubinia soul singer in the meantime, though I probably won't cast her very often (in testing I wasn't casting angus Mackenzie all that often either

Most recent card I purchased was treachery for the enchantress deck. Treachery is an incredible card, it's already amazing just as a "free" steal your shit spell, but untapping your lands is actually so powerful that the more important use of the card in my deck is actually as a combo piece, I'll use it and gain control of my own creature because all that matters is I have a mana doubler or two and a enchantress or two and I'm casting every enchantment in my deck

Eventually I find copy enchantment to make more mana, and then cloudstone curio to make infinite mana

I only have Emrakul at the minute, but I'm buying stuff in order to build Rashmi, Vela and Anax & Cymede. I think Emrakul will continue to be my favourite though, it's fun already, and it'll be even better when I upgrade the land base and put in oppressive cards like Torpor Orb.

Forgot to answer favorite deck, mine is probably captain sisay actually, I have so much fun with it, GW is my favorite color combo, and captain sisay is my oldest deck that I still have all complete. Azami wizards is also incredibly fun though, might be my favorite

>What's the most recent deck you've completed and/or the deck you're currently working on?
Just finished a Mishra deck that's pretty bad.
Mycosynth latice for above mentioned deck
Just a casual Korlash deck filled with board wipes and graveyard recursion

>>What's the most recent deck you've completed and/or the deck you're currently working on?
Working on Ghave ALL THE BUFFED SAPROLINGS
>>What's the most recent card you've purchased and what deck was it for?
Academy's Ruins for Modern Mono U Tron
>>What's your favorite deck?
In EDH? My Meren deck since it's the only one I have
In all of MtG ? Any flavor of Tron

>What's the most recent deck you've completed?
Phelddagrif group hug

Questing Phelddagrif, Rites of Flourishing, Selvala, Explorer Returned. See above.

G/W Elf tribal with Selvala, Explorer Returned as the commander. It's ridiculously resilient.

>Currently Building
Atraxa energy counters

Was about to lose the game and wanted to make a last ditch effort to impact the board state. I played Bearer of the Heavens, gave it haste, and attacked the guy with No Mercy in play and no blockers.

>Wanted to make an impact on the board state
>Reset the game
Well, that's probably the most successful success in the history of EDH

Does anyone have suggestions for A braids group hug deck?

Yes, play the blue one.

Meant card suggestions to add in

Hey /edh/ I posted in the earlier thread about wanting to get into commander with the Breya precon. Unfortunately my Walmart had sold out but some user said something about Atraxa so I purchased this instead. Is Atraxa just as good? I only wish it was in English but it was the only one they had.

Howling mine/Dictate of kruphix, minds aglow, prosperity, arcane denial/dream fracture, clones/steal effects, evacuation/devastation tide, forbid, arcane laboratory, stasis

>finds japanese atraxa precon at MSRP
>complains about it
Are you real?

Breya and atraxa are both good in different ways, the precons come with some decent cards in them too

>>What's the most recent card you've purchased and what deck was it for?
Redirect Damage. Used for my kalemne deck to re-route blasphemous act to a insta-kill.

Most recent was Atraxa infect
purchased tainted strike (guess the deck)
Fave is Jhin Gitaxias or atraxa

Yes I'm just wondering if it's good or not because it's my first edh deck. I'm not complaining about it being foreign I've just got to look up all the new cards to see what they do

Playing krenko goblins, have a fuckload on board with hostility and purph in play, top deck burn at the stake, tap EVERYTHING to nuke the fuck out of one dude, prevent damage dealt to fill the board with hundreds of 3/1s to kill everyone with Purph etb

Last deck I completed was my Kozilek deck. Currently working on Yidris, and trying to re-build my old Marath deck.
I picked up a few Tops for all my decks. I fucking love Top.
Probably my Kokusho deck. I made it practically as soon as I heard it was unbanned and never looked back.

In all honesty you might be able to sell a Japanese atraxa precon mint on eBay for enough to buy an English Breya precon and a few singles to upgrade the deck

Especially since as a new player, having to look up what each and every card does is actually a major problem

Yeah, sell the Atraxa precon and get whichever you want in English.

The Japanese one is pretty rare.

I mean I'd like to play with it if I could. I'm not really into flipping sealed product. There are a few other Walmarts within driving distance so I might be able to find some more cool stuff. They also had a few 2015 precons but no Meren or I would have bought her too

>Completed
Recently, I finished Yasova. Thinking of then going for Silas Renn.
>Recent card
Proteus staff, thespian's stage
>Favorite
I don't really have favorites. Then again, I only got two decks so far.

There was also a Japanese Yidris and Saskia

>foreign products in walmart
How the hell does that even happen?

Also, you could open the packaging, take out the deck, put in 100 basic lands, go to walmart and saying you want to return it. They won't check the contents and they will give you your money back.

what cards for atraxa can shit out a ton of tokens? i'm running grim nemesis for the ult. also have ghave and animation module for ashnod high jinks

>Most Recent
Sram, Senior Edificer

>Recent Card Purchased
The entirety of my Sram deck, thinking about shelling out for some Swords though

>Favorite Deck
My Zada Deck, except for a couple of times when people have played stuff like Humility or just found a way to kill anything I played as soon as I played it, it's never had a boring game.

>Sram, Senior Edificer
Decklist? Trying to build him myself, but I keep coming back to wishing for more colours.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sram-city/
I'm primarily just running him as an Equipment/Aura Voltron Commander.
He's got such an insane amount of card draw.
However I'm probably going to alter the deck to have more Hexproof, as that's where it can fall down.

I'm missing most of the really good Equipments, but that's because I build decks on a budget.

breya is the best c16 precon out of the box and atraxa is a close second

honestly i would take that atraxa precon and sell it then order breya on ebay or something because that atraxa deck is going to be worth a shit load

I have a Feast and Famine invention, never played...

ghave

I was looking up all the cards inside and their values and Atraxa is 20 fucking dollars. All I paid for that deck was 36. I haven't opened it yet, I'd like to have both Atraxa and Breya. If I find an English on I won't open it and put it on eBay or something but I would like to have most of the cards inside

Can't decide between finishing out Alesha or Hidetsugu. Leaning more towards Alesha; I've been putting off building it since I cracked a foil one in a draft.
Lattice for Slobad.
RG Wort. Such a silly, fun deck.

>RG Wort. Such a silly, fun deck.
Do you have a list to share?

alright guys I want to build an Yidris Chaos deck, running cards that cascade into spells like hypergenesis, living end, wheel of fate and with enchantments such as hive mind, vernal equinox and possibility storm.

is it possible to make such deck actually have a way to go into "now I want to win" mode? what cards should I run for a chaos deck?

Yeah here

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-bullshit-spellslinger/

It's bad but it's fun

>thread question
most memorable moment in game was my friend swept the board while i had phage with an umbra on her

Was phage your commander?

a sealed atraxa precon is like 60 right now, you could sell it and then buy 2 other precons that you actually want

nope. it was in my sisters of stone death deck at the time. was years ago

I'm going to open it

My group isn't very good, so we haven't had any really tight batshit games, but debuting my Godo deck was a memorable night. First deck I built that wasn't out of pack fodder and it fucking annihilated every game, they had no idea what hit them. I went 5-0 that night.

jizz on box first, you must imagine atraxafu hentai

post results

幸運を祈る! 一度にたくさんのカードを覚えなければならないのに、デッキは本当に楽しいです

Counting, multiplying, and realizing that with my handful of Slivers, Mirror Entity, and a just-played Coat of Arms, that I was going to one-shot an Oloro durdler for the win.

>I pray for good luck! Although I have to memorize a lot of cards at once, the deck is really fun
What did he mean by this

just open it, checked ebay prices and the japanese one is actually the exact same value.

Too late to turn back now

ABSOLUTE MAD MAN

rub your dick on it

I bet it's dragon dildos, it's always dragon dildos.

Neat, too bad I can't read it

>Patron of the Moon
>Amulet of Vigor for the Patron
>Borborygmos Enrage

so now that you have your first commander deck (that you cant read) what are you going to do with it?

At least it looks pretty

hot glue it

I just completed mono black Vampires with a swamps matter subtheme. Currently trying to complete new Ezuri

Glen Alendra Archmage for Ezuri

Tough. I'm pretty excited to test the mono black vampires deck and I have Breya, Xenagod, and Mizzix. They all are my babies.

I kinda want to dip my toes in
What's some cheap archetype that's fun and is less than 3 colors?

>working on
Bruna Voltron
>purchased
Darien, King of weenies
>favorite
"every one of my turns takes 10 minutes because of so much tutoring" Mizzix

I have creatures in Darien, Voltron in Bruna and combos in Mizzix. I'm still missing stax, chaos and group hug.

Which are the most fun commanders for each?

You mind posting that Karlov list, user? Also:

Recently completed Papa Purphoros. Working on Sakashima clone tribal.

Promo Mind Stone foil for my Avacyn deck.

Probably my Avacyn deck but I don't get to play it much because my friends bitch and moan everytime I pull it out, even though the most degenerate thing it can do is just some one-sided MLD that I've never even pulled off.

there's too many options user.

I'd just recommend you buy a preconstructed EDH deck, then are probably the only preconstructed product WotC make that is actually good.

Just google some cheap commander decks and look around for whatever one suits your fancy the most.

Frankly, EDH decks all rely on what you find the most fun. For some, its throwing spells until you puke. For others, its filling the board with permanents constantly.

>Stax
>fun
>ever

I don't know about chaos, but the king of group hug will always be the big purple hippo.

No, fuck your hippo. Zedruu is the real queen of group fug.

>he doesn't play Secret Grif Stax disguised as group hug

She's finally sleeved up and ready to go. Can't wait to try it out. It shouldn't be too hard learning all the cards, I can just play with a reference to the list

Zedruu is better for fucking your opponents over with painful gifts.

>being this big of a weeaboo

>being this trash
Read the thread

It wasn't by choice, my Walmart had some of the Commander 2016 precons left and that was the last Atraxa one. I'm not going to pay double the price online just for English cards

I'm mad jelly tbqh

SO you guys seem like the place to seek advice, used to be big into MTG, have been out of it for several years since university. Recently rediscovered a box with a bunch of stuff in it. Is there a decent place to sell without getting ripped off that doesn't involve relearning what's in-demand?

You could just mail it to me, I'll treat them well, I promise.

Seriously though, if you want to sell them without looking up the prices you're going to be taking a leap of faith no matter where you sell to. Your best bet is probably one of the major online trading websites.

Go to a game store and ask for an assessment, make it clear that you aren't going to be selling it to them so they don't lowball you.

Or just post pics of all the rares, mythics and uncommons.

I'll have a look and see what I can find, Urza's Block was when they started doing the color coding right? (I have stuff all the way back to Antiquities in here I think)

Oh damn, this far back?

Yeah, there's tons of good stuff then.

you lose points for being a fag, but immediately gain them back for having a jap waifu card.

I have considered playing Queen Marchesa control and would like some feedback on my theory list.

>I am avoiding pillowfort, I want others to have the monarch.

decks.deckedbuilder.com/d/276371
Forgot the list.

well, apparently my younger self had the forethought to sort them by rarity and pile all the old blocks before rarity markers together. ~180 old cards from before marking system Pic is a random cross-section. also put in the one I left in a sleeve, was an event prize card a long ass time ago.

Wall is $6-7 or so.

Rest there is cheap, but there's definitely the potential for a gem in there, you have the right sets.

I actually really like passing around Monarch as Queen Marchesa (long may she reign). Really brings politics in the game in a way that's fun, especially when you can flicker Queen Marchesa (long may she reign) like through Eldrazi Displacer to get Monarch back when you need it.

You are a literal subhuman nigger.

>Wall is $6-7

Are you retarded?

Ikra Shidiqi+Sidar Kondo big butt lifegain deck. Still needs tweaking, but it's performed well in my play group so far.
Mostly lands. I bought a polluted delta for my Sen Triplets deck to make it a little faster.
Daretti, I've got a long term goal of foiling it out, but those masterpieces can be expensive. Close second is Sen Triplets. Stealing other people's stuff is incredibly fun.

I think he might be referring to the fact it's a foil DCI version.

cardkingdom.com/mtg/promotional/wall-of-blossoms-fnm-foil