Veeky Forums does some worldbuilding in a long-lived thread

The savage goatman hordes from the eastern wastes threaten all of civilization.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QL6Ws4i07is
youtube.com/watch?v=Ez7RUSCUhzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're lead by a charismatic leader who has supernatural powers but really, the leader is a demon who's found the goatmen very amusing and is only leading them for shits and giggles
>Also nice digits Lucifer.

Big powerful demon or lesser one? Possession or physical manifestation?

you could have a demon who's swaddled himself in the desicated flesh of a dead prophet, using an ancient Capra prophecy to work the tribes/clans into a frenzy.

I would say a physical lesser (well lesser for a demon) demon, that looks like the similar to the goatmen except for some different traits, such as curved horns and far greater strength. Maybe looking similar to this goat.

OHHHHH, that's not bad at all! Possession of an ancient prophet is always a good route to go with, especially with "primitive" cultures.

The Wise, benevolent goats from the west descend from their heavenly towers in response to this dire threat and blemish on the name of goat-kind

The earthly, unhorned ewe-folk of the middle hill lands are caught in the middle, and must either side with the aged respected prophet, the benevolent goatmen of the western spires, or fight for their independence from both

once the demon's flesh body is destroyed I imagine it'd look something like this.

In the early stages of the war, the ewefolk are eager to remain apart from either, but soon learn that their independence makes them vulnerable to divide and conquer tactics and are mostly overtaken by the eastern scourge and their mad prophet before the western spire-goats intervene on their behalf

This irks only the most stubborn of the ewefolk, as their kingdoms and city-states are nearly all taken at this point. What little power they have left is devoted to retaking their old glory and taking revenge on the eastern savages for crimes committed against their people

this looks less like a goat man and more like somethin fucked up wearing a goat man, just contributing

Nice. Strong enough to bully the vast majority of mortals, but can get it's ass beaten by a larger supernatural being. However, if the war goes in the demon's and his Eastern hordes favor, he may become a greater demon and may turn his attentions elsewhere.

Stags are badasses in all forms

Could be a backwater feral world, far from the eyes of those that could otherwise intervene

Yeah, the non-fucked up people from their spires could be more stag-like

Maybe they are all different types of Harts, which are considered a bit more noble than goats or ewes

The reason the goats in the west have spires in the first place is cause goat tower

Those who fight for independnce have been given an equalizer
The noble stag
while not many in numbers, 10 stags are often enough to turn the tide of a battle

But their true aim is to actually conquer the entirety of the Great Plain and establish their god's supremacy.

Their god? Tzeentch, fucking with Khorne, whose demon is leading the eastern badlands goats

I like it man, but you gotta go bigger.

This demon is a mid-low tier demon with sadistic plans for glory, that's why he's making the Capra go to war, he's indoctrinating them into a sort of cult based on himself (the demon) that's he's bastardized from their prophecies, damning their souls to remain under his control in hell that he can use those damned blood mad Capra to overthrow some of the higher tier demons and throne himself a minor lord of hell.

They stags mysteriously appeard during the darkest time for the freedom fighters, fighting back both the "benevolent" goatmen of the spires and the malevolent goatmen of the east
There are many theory's as twords there origin, some say it was a gift from the cosmos,others say it was natural evolution,some even theroise that they were born from the earth itself
All they care about however, is that the stags are on there side

so spoopy, gosh.

Researchers that have delved too deep into their origins have mysteriously gone missing. The Theocracy of the West has forbidden all further research into the matter and have even gone as far as to issue new versions of the holy text that now claim that the Stag Harts are the only path to victory and salvation.

>Demon/Daemon-led Goatmen from the east
>Unhorned Ewefolk in the middle-hills
>"Benevolent" Goatmen from the west
>The Stag

So where do Rams come in? Are they the half-breeds between the ewefolk and the goatmen?

Are the various types of deer (Buck, Bull-Moose, Elk) the rankings inside the Stag?

Are there any proper predatory beast-men?

>Are there any proper predatory beast-men?

No, just intelligent giant wolves.

But they don't have opposable thumbs or anything, they're just intelligent giant wolves.

I assume that they'd keep to areas where the prey is actually large enough to sate them? Massive wildlands surround the civilized continent/country in which the fights go on, filled with megafauna. Those that venture close to the borders tell tales of giant, intelligent beasts.

That, or some could have forged agreements to employ them in the wars in exchange for being able to feast on the dead. Having the Eastern Horde ride on them would be pretty ironic too.

I imagine the giant wolves would be extremely dangerous in packs, due to their ability to use tactics and track down their quarry by their hoofprints.

>goatmen
>666 TRIPS

what the fuck

is this secret /pol/ propaganda

My take away from this thread and others is that Veeky Forums is really into beastmen of the goat, minotaur, hyena (gnoll), avian, aquatic and scaled variety, and sometimes catmen (especially women) but they are NOT okay with anything resembling a canine unless its some stupid looking pug joke race or ones related to dragons.

Am I correct in this assessment?

Its okay as long as you don't try to fuck them or if you don't go full retard(space wolves)

What if its a female human character and they slowly develop a lasting, loving relationship where they consummate their love after an elaborate marriage ritual preformed by the cleric of a Good and just god?

Satan has now learned into meme magicks. Kek and Moloch will have a new challenger.

>intelligent giant wolves.
I wanna see a sad, fucked up story about a frantic ewe-folk taking a gamble and making a desperate bargain with the wolves for salvation- to convince them to attack the east, but the wolves, seeing the might of the east, and the fury of the west, instead turn on the defenseless ewefolk because they're much easier prey.

Goats are the cutest animal, you should probably incorporate that somehow
youtube.com/watch?v=QL6Ws4i07is

On the border of the Great Ocher Desert, it exists a violent and mysterious brotherhood of goatmen hunters, humans selected from an early age and mercilessly trained to kill goatmen.

Everything bigger just does not give a fuck.

>that llama
>that bull

AAAAAAH TOO CUTE

>humans
What the fuck are those, some kind of hoofless goatmens?

Since wolves are such an incredibly widespread theme riddled with misconceptions, naturally wolfaboo thatguys can be found almost anywhere, so most of Veeky Forums has a personal experience which makes wolves/canines a theme that they would rather avoid.

Avians and aquatics have the novelty of being rarely seen due to requiring quite some tweaking to make them function in a multicultural environment with other fantasyraces, so they're exotic and exciting as a playerrace concept.

Catfolk is just a jump across from nekomimi fanservice, and this board will always have an underlying connection to anime and manga.

Goats, minotaurs and reptilians can be traced back to Warhammer fantasy, which most of us remember fondly if barely due to it living in the shadow of 40k, so the association is very positive.

Gnolls are a very surprising phenomenon, though. As per the current mindset that comes through posts, making races more than just a token villain (a.k.a. dinduification) is usually frowned upon, which goes completely against the rather intense fancanon fleshing out of Gnolls happening on this board.

The cultural ethos among the humans is that the goatmen wiped out their ancestors and drove them to near extinction, so it is their sacred duty to exterminate the goatmen in kind. The goatmen aren't so sure, but given their long and bloody history of conquest and violence, that story is entirely likely.
But the truth is more complicated.

Some even say that the humans are the ones responsible for giving the giant wolves the spark of intelligence.

>humans
???

> T R I P S
> R
> I
> P
> S

The fuck is a human?

Meanwhile, in the higher-up mountainous areas in which the ewefolk and goats tend not to travel, further north...
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ez7RUSCUhzk

>The savage goatman hordes from the eastern wastes threaten all of civilization.
just so you know I am stealing this for a last-act arc(and because the map needed the eastern wastes filled in with SOMETHING)

Now that's one fiesty looking goat.

There like monkeys only they walk on two legs and are almost completely bald.

Whats a monkey

It's like your mother, only not a land whale

KILL THE HERETIC

Dog sheperd-shamans often use goat skulls in their rituals as magic focuses and masks, and also to ward off demons.

Eastern goatmen are preferred due to more latent energies. Unknowingly, this is because of habitual close proximity to the goat demon.
If they ever figure this out, there will most probably be a species-wide BSOD.

This is a high level eastern goatmen demon

The Western Theocracy often holds crusades against the small human settlements. This has prevented the humans from being able to develop agriculture, and thus has forced them into a nomadic lifestyle.

No humies around here, just nomadic baboon-mandrill-men.

>savage goatman hordes from the eastern wastes