client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20090218080723/http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080428
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So Jumpers, how do you deal with the UNSPEAKABLE EVIL that you can't destroy? Seal it away for a thousand years? Avoid it for the ten years you're in jump? Team up with it?

Befriend it

I TEAR OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME, AND FLING IT INTO THE FUTURE.

Befriend it, but Nanoha style.

Waifu it. (Companioning it is optional)

Hey Heart, been meaning to ask something.

Does Recruitment in A Practical Guider to Evil let you companion canon characters?

If so, could I companion, say, the Dead King or the Tyrant of Helike?

Hero bbs is in n-z, titled 'yushan', right?

How much of a bitch are you?

Fucking ningen.

Zamasu go and stay go/

>tfw you post in thread but everyone has already listed your go-to methods

In all seriousness, I have gotten quite adept at sealing what I haven't been able to finish.

Let's see-I hid inside of Sailor Galacta until Chaos tried to seize her for a host-only to seal it in turn within myself. The steamroller I dropped on Cthulhu bound him in chains of seithr, leeching his hyperdimensional energies. And the first time I did battle with Umor, after I pummeled it with the raw energy of creation I used the Oculus Event Horizon-the most powerful artifacts of the High Speed Materialisation of Nothingness I've made to date-to trap it there in an endless cyclone of soulfire.

Okay-this right here?

This is why I am very.

Very.

Very not keen on transforming in the middle of battle.

Not much of one by the light of day. But by night, I'm one helluva bastard.

Are 100 CP items in NWN free or discounted?

>Being a bastard by moonlight
>Not being one by daylight
>Never one for a fair fight
>He's the one called Garlock user!
I'm sorry, I had to.

Aw geeze, now that song's gonna be stuck in my head all day

All according to keikAku.

One more thing regarding
The Gods are Bastards
Consider changing the pricing on Challenge Rating 20 from a fixed cost to one that decreases or is discounted the more jumps you have. Like 500 CP - 50 CP per 5 prior jumps, or 400 CP (discounted 21+ jumps)

I looked up lyrics and Samurai Jack... yet nothing. I feel like this is something I should recognize..

Sailor Moon dub.

Jesus christ no, don't do that. Why would you ever do something like that.

It's not Samurai Jack, I just wanted to make stupid pun. Here, this might be more familiar...
>Fighting Evil by Moonlight
>Winning Love by Daylight
>Never Running from a Real Fight
>She's the One called Sailor Moon!

Ah, that explains it. I don't watch too much animu, dubs even more rarely.

Where your evil is law?

>interjump balance

Yeah. And then this FOOLISH evil seeks to return to the past, and undo the evil that is Jumper!

And then subsequently replace it with its' own evil. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE EVIL OVERLORD!

I shove it in a gemstone and I keep it in a box I use for collecting things.

Granted, this is after I have tried to reason with it, of course.

Would defense primacy apply to your out-of-jump perfect defenses for your stay in Exalted? Obviously not outside of it, but I'm curious now.

Nope. Exalted-style perfect defenses are a specific mechanism designed in such a way to be, well, perfect.

Out of jump "perfects" aren't perfect in the exalted sense.
I doubt they would. Although they'd probably work the same anyways because that's just how most invlunerability giving things tend to work.

I did that to The Forgotten, I did it to Anankos, may do it to Grima and Galaxia, Might do it to Gilgamesh depending on how Fate Zero jumps events end up.

>interjump balance
not what interjump balance means dumbass.

What jumps let me learn how to perform body augmentation and genetic modification?

I know the Commorragh jump lets me be a Haemonculus which is a master of the craft but at the same time I'd have to be Haemonculus with all that entails including the memoirs.

I am not a FOOLISH SAMURAI, so I just am smug at it until it leaves me alone

Dune. Dune has good stuff. Like chair dogs.

Eclipse Phase

Writing memoirs isn't so bad, user. Just focus on detailing your life as it went, with your attention on the interesting or vital events of course.

Besides reinforcement magecraft (and Knight of Honor) from Fate, are there any other perks or abilities that make any random weapon you pick up more dangerous? Preferably perks, but a system of magic could do if nothing else.

Please don't, it makes Jumpchain more linear if you want to make an "Optimal" build.

>I think a perk's price should be influenced by other jumps
>not interjump balance

That's not really what interjump balance means.
It's bad meta balance, but interjump balance is things like a perk in one jump should cost less because the same thing exists in another for cheaper.
Both are bad design.

I think I have a problem, /jc/. I can't read the words "unspeakable evil" without hearing it in Aku's voice anymore.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me user.
Sounds like good times.
You should cultivate that inner voice, so that it's always there, commenting on your life.

>Why would you ever do something like that
Why are perks discounted for certain backgrounds instead of everything being the same price for everyone based on their utility? Because discounts based on theme are more interesting.
I liked when Ben 10 did it for the Paradixocal Perk, and it is the same here. It just clicks better if the "we leave you alone because you are just too damn OP" perk is discounted for those who have been jumping long enough that are "to damn OP"

Complaining about it is like complaining that the Magic perk is discounted to magicians.

Sting from Worm and Ragged Wounds from Franken Fran are probably some of the best there are.

It was shit when Ben 10 did it and it's shit now.
I hate having to leave that jump till the hundreds to get the most out of my CP. It's just plain bad design.

In 3.5 edition, the Epic Destiny rules allow you to take a specific series of feats and reach level 30 and complete an epic quest to obtain a particular Epic Destiny; one of the official EDs is Demigod, at the end of which you become a deity (so don't complete it until after you've left the jump if it has becoming a god as a Stay condition).

Geneforge is the classic go-to for me. I think Nightmare Before Christmas might have something too but I'm iffy on that memory.

Honestly the forgotten realms jumps attempt to lock out divine rank is it doing everyone a favor instead of a limitation.
Gods need prayer badly in that setting. Pick another D&D jump that doesn't have that problem if you really want rank. It's not worth piffing when people don't belive in you.

>This Perk that makes the authorities think you are to powerful should be discounted if you are in fact actually that powerful

>That's interjump balance!
You need to pick a new buzzword to spam there, Timmy. Your stupid is showing.

What if I've only been to low power jumps? Makes no sense then.

You're trying to compare this thing, balancing a perk based on the rest of your jumps, to discounting things based on origins? It makes no sense. They're not connected. Doing it your way encourages people to go here only after a certain number of jumps or be disadvantaged, creating an optimal build problem where unless you did certain things outside of the jump, you're at a disadvantage compared to those who did.

Not that user sounds dumb as hell to me, dude.
And I just looked the Ben 10 jump and I also find that dumb as hell.

What next, jumps that are off-limits until you've already jumped the appropriate number of settings?

Fuck off. I'm not the shitposter.
Didn't know I needed a fucking legalese dictionary to post here. Excuse the hell out of me.

Why should it be discounted then? If you're already that powerful, you obviously don't need the perk at all.

>3.5 edition, the Epic Destiny
I thought the epic destiny stuff was from the edition that shall not be named, 4e...

Also, this user makes a decent point.
That's like saying that a perk that makes you intimidating should be discounted if you're already intimidating.

>I hate having to leave that jump till the hundreds to get the most out of my CP
So don't. It sounds like you are butthurt the jumpmaker didn't just hand it to you on a silver platter.

Free, did I miss putting that in?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't shitposting, but my point is that the perk should be undiscounted and not have anything to do with how many jumps you've taken.
That's bad because you absolutely cannot take the jump early if you have any intent of taking that perk. At least not if you don't like wasting cp. And what sad son of a bitch likes wasting cp?

Have you ever created a beautiful sight in an instant, /jc/? Have you made a whole island bloom with your power?

Johnny Test
Resident Evil
Jurassic Park
Geneforge
Prototype
Street Sharks
Evo Search for Eden
The Skullman
Franken Fran
G.I. Joe
Killing Bites
Teen Titans
The Polity
Starcraft - The Zerg
Space Station 13
Dune
Metroid
Rick and Morty

>Why should it be discounted then?
Why do magician backgrounds the magic perks, discounted, they can already do magic by virtue of the background?

Why do Warrior backgrounds get fighting perks? They don't need them, their background memories already give them memories of fighting.

They are discounted because it makes sense.

An instant? No. That's pretty boring desu. But I do like to carefully forge islands every once in awhile.

Good point.
It was, but as the devs liked it so much and as 4e hadn't officially started at the time, it got officially introduced/backported in/to 3.5e.

web.archive.org/web/20090218080723/http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080428

Exactly. It's a stealth trap option.

Salient Divine Abilities include some impressive things, but they're not worth being bound to mortal worship - though a fully crewed Light of Terra could probably provide for that.

Mantra from Asura's Wrath at least lets you punch out mountains, and you don't wither away without worshippers.

Yes. I'm especially fond of forests.

Because those magic perks often and usually expand upon the abilities in ways most magicians do not get automatically.

The same as the above. It improves and expands on their basic abilities.

Stop being a retard and either get some examples that make sense or fuck off.

No.
But now I want to.
That's gorgeous.

Where can I find magic that'd let me do stuff like that?

Don't forget Underworld.
All the various kinds of immortals are just people infected with various strains of the same virus.

>Mantra from Asura's Wrath
Man, I wish the jump-maker just didn't allow people to be demigods instead of forcing his weird-ass fanon on the entire setting.

I'm pretty sure they're discounted because they're part of the Origin.
Ya know, WITHIN that jump. Without relying on other jumps.

>Every speed boosting perk
>Space Manipulation Omega from X-Men
>Friction Modulation from Worm
>Paw-Paw Fruit from One Piece
>Speed Ball Effect from Ultimate Spiderman

Am I fast enough now DAD!? AM I FAST ENOUGH NOW YOU SON OF A BITCH!?!?

I don't get it, but I still laughed.

Been wanting to talk to you.
The note about mystic theurge, you need to remove the requirement to have Skilled (K. Religion and K Arcana)
It is pretty insulting to assume someone who knows how to cast spells is ignorant of that knowledge without the perk from a different perk line.
You might just want to say that if you have the perk necessary to approximate the base classes, you can train in the relevant prestige classes.
Or, just not assume perks are necessary to advance in ways possible in the jump. I mean no one else there needs perks to create a character.

And... the jump is a bit light on drawbacks.

... Bad day?

user the skills he wants ARE the requirement for becoming a mystic theurge.

eh. The problem with jump number discounts for Paradoxical is it penalizes jumpers in a rollchain who are unlucky enough to roll Ben 10 early.

As for doing it for Challenge Rating 20; establishing how many jumps a Jumper has under their belt is no measure of how powerful they actually are. You can go one jump and bust planets (Dragon Ball Z, Generic Xianxia, etc.), or do the jumps on the drive in ascending order of power level and hit 50 jumps without being a city buster.

If you wanted powerful jumpers to have a discount on CR 20 it would be better to put prior accomplishment requirements in. "400cp, Discounted if you can bust a city".
But that's no better - it falls into the trap of the Jump's options no longer reflecting the identity of who you are in that jump - it depends entirely on your identity prior to the jump. And is still unfair to Jumpers in a rollchain, or jumpers who wish to start from that setting.

>pic

>Franken Fran
If I was going to do that I might as well just be a Haemonculus instead.

>Didn't know I needed a fucking legalese dictionary to post here
Surprise surprise, knowing what the fuck words mean helps when you are trying to make a point on the internet.
Posting when you do not know what the fuck the words coming out of your mouth mean is shutposting, as well as being a literal blithering idiot.

Not him, but take your own advice. Everyone else who has responded to you has made solid points.

>user the skills he wants ARE the requirement for becoming a mystic theurge.
No you daft twit. The requirements are 2nd level Arcane magic, and 2nd level divine spellcasting. The casting knowledge skills are class skills for the spellcasting classes. Because they are a core part of being a spellcaster and being able to cast spells.
Assuming someone who takes the 600 CP capstone to cast Arcane spells lacks the knowledge unless he buys a perk in the Drop In rogue tree is dumb.
Assuming someone who pays 600 CP to cast divine magic lacks K. Religion unless he gets the Drop In 100 CP perk in Dumb.

Those two capstones together (costing 900 CP minimum) should grant the knowledge and ability to be a Theurge without a 3rd perk bolted on.

If you want a jump where you buy a character sheet with CP, there are other jumps like that.

> shutposting

Have you ever started making a jump, only to realize after refreshing yourself on the story that you don't actually like it that much anymore? I'm going through that right now with Guyver. I started thinking "oh man, Guyver, bioarmors and zoanoids are so cool, it would make an awesome jump", but after rereading the manga all I can do is wonder why I liked it in the first place. I mean, it's a cool premise, but the pacing and presentation of plot details are just awful.

So prevent others from posting through your post? Would that be those moments when you get an idea but someone else posts the thought first?

>Underworld, Genetic Assimilation:
>You body assimilates genetic material easier than others. Experiments to add DNA to yours works far more successful and work like you wish them to. Can use your blood in serums to increase chance of success with other people.

Fuck me, that's an awesome perk for gene augmenters.

No, they don't include those skills. Same as a character can have those magical abilities without having those skills.

It is one version out of date though there should be a bit about mystic knights after the theurge note.

Yeah, but you need to use the Underworld jump. It makes you worse as a person just for touching it.

There's nothing wrong about the Underworld jump.
You sure you aren't thinking of Vampire Diaries?

No, the Underworld jump. The low effort power grab.

No you've got em backwards. There's really nothing that impressive in Underworld. Like at all.

The Underworld jump was made by Megacorp when he was trying to taunt people into replacing jumps so he could have excuses/precedence for replacing other jumps. Thus it came out as pretty poor quality and it's filled with lots of dumb things like perks that change your origin or certain builds being far superior.

This

The concepts can be cool while the story is shit. It could be that you just wanted to make the Jump so people could play with those concepts in the setting while making a better story for themselves.

Not that user, but skills are something you can obtain with time instead of CP.

The story doesn't have to be good for the jump to be present. Just look at the piece of shit movie that Kingsglaive was, and yet we got a jump for it regardless. A jump is about the world, and sometimes that's more than what the franchise focuses on.

I don't know why, but that's kinda funny to me.
Looking back when I made a build for it long ago (modifier date says 2015, shit we've been at this for longer then I thought), I could kinda see that "certain builds being far superior" thing. But, I basically completely ignored them as I really don't want to be a Vamp or Werewolf or a Drow-I mean Hybrid.

>No, they don't include those skills. Same as a character can have those magical abilities without having those skills.
This is wrong, and dumb. A learned arcane caster uses knowledge Arcane to see if he could learn a new spell. Or recognise spells someone else casts, or any other skill. If they did not have that skill, they would never have succeeded in learning to cast spells in the first place. The only way it would be possible to not have knowledge of the arcane as a arcane spellcaster is if you were using strict pen and paper rules mechanics and the DM allowed nonsensical builds.

Are you really requiring the arcane caster to buy a perk from another perk line to have a abilities basic to basic competence in their profession?

>Hearing anything in Mako's voice
>Bad
Pick one and only one.

Okami is a hell of a drug.

I know that on an intellectual level, I suppose. The problem is more that I can't bring myself to keep reading it, so it would be hard to make the jump without that refresher. It's killing my motivation for it.

Justice if I remember right did Familiar of zero right?
What was the precog perk based on if you remember since I cant recall any canon Diviner

I don't know. Would you want to here your waifu scream their love for you in Mako's voice?

INB4 people declare they've waifued Aku.

Mib did FoZ not Justice. It's not based off of anything. Just filler.

Yes. Yes I would. I would husbando the hell out of Iroh.