Tyranids wouldn't have taken 10,000 years to destroy cadia

Seriously, replace any major chaos mortals or ork WAAAGH with tyranids and the imperium would have lost. Tyranids could have probably won at terra too

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Trygon
youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah, they're just a sideshow npc race.

no. there is bugspray.

Nope, they're just Chuck Testa

>the main characters
>losing
lmaoing@ your life

Do tyranid fans post these threads, because they're so insecure over knowing their faction is so unimportant?

But user 40k IS the story of the mankind's heroic last stand, the Imperium will eventually lose but the question is how many fuckers are they taking down with them?.

so cadia really blew up? did all the chapters and shit on it die or what? whats going on?

>But user 40k IS the story of the mankind's heroic last stand

*blocks your path*

Pretty much, yeah. They could possibly take out the Necrons, Tau and Eldar without being wiped out in the process, but taking 'Nids, Orks or even Chaos (surprisingly) would take a galactic equivalent of the guy pulling the grenade's pin before charging in, I.e. Ultimately suicidal.

No Space marine chapter could beat a Tyranid Hive Fleet in real life

Tyranids could not exist in real life.

Read it yourself.

Fuck off. I have a bayonet and some guts behind it!

>Read it yourself.
>Posts a recap

It will only be a heroic last stand until Sigmar and the Stormcast Eternals show up to save the day.

Neither could Space Marines.

>no space marine chapter should be able to beat a hive fleet realistically
FTFY. It really depends on the circumstances, but if you mean 1000 space marines and their supporting ships shouldn't be able to beat billions of tyranids and thousands of hive ships, you're absolutely right.
and yet the last campaign they were relevant in, they absolutely annihilated a well defended system reinforced by millions of cadias in 3 days. Even the blood angels allied with the necrons stood no chance at winning a conventional war and had to resort to using some convoluted plan to wipe out enough hive ships so that Baal stands any sort of chance.

There's also forgefane, a supposedly impenetrable fortress garrisoned by a whole grand company of iron warriors and thousands of daemon engines. It fell in a week. Had the tyranids made it to planets like Armageddon or cadia, they would have beat them in far less time than chaos or irks. Even the sol system would be hard pressed to beat back a sizable hive fleet, and the latest gathering storm revealed hat genestealer cults have made it to terra

>putting crons on the same level as Eldar let alone Tau

I know I'll get memed at by some more Ward hate but I mean really? The entire Orpheus subsector with full reinforcements got eviscerated by a single Dynasty.

40k is setting. its kinda supposed to be a static point in time. Id argue that pushing the story forward as intense as FoC is doing is an oxymoron

Having tyrannids (or any other faction) appear and destroy everything and win the war for good kinda destroys the point of it all

Actual Tyranid fans are too busy in 40k general frothing with anger about how god-awful awful their army is in tabletop.

Are you retarded? Tyranids couldn't defeat a Forgeworld that used basic attrition tactics just a second. I'll look it up.

>the necrons

The Necron dynasty in Cryptus wasn't fully awakened. Had it been fully awaken and activated its star killing weapons, the Hive Fleet would have been swatted in space before they arrived to the system.

Heck, a single C'tan shard annihilated the ground forces of the Tyranids with hilarious ease on multiple planets within hours.
Nope, none of the 12 Crusades were about taking Cadia, you jackass.

Only the 13th Black Crusade was about destroying Cadia. In fact, if the Tyranids were present near Cadia went the Pylons were ctivated, all synapse creatures would have died.

Found it

>LUCIUS - The Hollow Forge

>The hollow planet of Lucius has at its core a fusion reactor so large many have likened it to a captive sun. With such boundless energy at their fingertips, the Tech-Priests that dwell under the planet’s crust have become experts at military innovation. Their genius was displayed anew when the planet was invaded by a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Leviathan. Despatching Lucius’ Legio Cybernetica and a great host of battle servitors to the planet’s surface, the Tech-Priests Dominus largely fought their battles from below the planet’s crust. By tracking the motions of their servant clades and controlling their activities via electromagnetic data-tethers, they waged their war without risking direct harm. Such is the wonder of the Cant Mechanicus that their battle plans were enacted to the letter. Wherever the Tyranid swarms overcame their servitor armies, the Tech-Priests waited for the xenos predators to devour the biological components before sending servo-skull swarms to carry the most vital of the remaining machine parts below the crust of the planet. There they were installed into fresh recruits, and the next wave sent back up to the surface. Though it took months to accomplish, the resultant war of attrition ended in victory, for the Lucian armies fought like lions, and their hymns to the Omnissiah’s glory did not cease for a single moment.

Tyranidfags, justify this. This basically ended the debate about Necrons vs Tyranids singlehandedly. They cannot deal with this most basic level of troop recycling.

This man knows what's up. The tyranids, although dangerous, would be fucking curb stomped by the imperial fleet if they attacked Cadia or send a hive fleet near it. All of the major incursion by the hive fleets needed momentum and relied heavily on the shadow in the warp for their sudden strikes.

If they were to attack a heavily defended portion of space with an entire sector fleet at the ready, like Cadia was, they'd be in for a fucking spanking.

>They cannot deal with this most basic level of troop recycling
Oh, dear: this is what people actually believe! That tale you recapped breaks canon. Lemme splain: tyranids eat EVERYTHING, user. Even the gribbly metal bits.
I'll say that again: tyranids eat EVERYTHING, even the metal bits.
Thus, there would be no (I say again: NO) cyberparts leftover to be recovered and recycled by the mechanicus. The entire tale of Lucius is canonically wrong; it cannot be, because tyranids EAT EVERYTHING, including metal. There would be NO spare parts littering the battlefield awaiting recycling.
This is just another example of one faction wanking itself hard without any reference to established game parameters. Just like geedubs ALWAYS does...
Oh, and I ain't a tyranid fag, I just reed lots.

Not so big on lore, but if 'Nids eat metal, then why don't they eat the space hulks that they are so often stuck on?

>There would be NO spare parts littering the battlefield awaiting recycling.

If the servitors got the parts before ripper swarms got them then yes there would be, consumption does not occur at the same time as the destruction of it.

It didn't take 10,000 years; it took less than 1. The pre-13th Black Crusades were attacking Cadia to get past it to do other things or to keep the Imperium distracted while Abaddon went elsewhere in the galaxy to do other shit, The 13th BC is the first and only time Chaos set out to destroy Cadia.

Also, this isn't some new fluff added when the Black Legion supplement was released; this has been a thing pretty much ever since Black Crusades were a concept in the lore. Just look at the 12th BC, which primarily took place in the Gothic Sector.

The fact of the matter is that the "Failbaddon can't make it past Cadia" meme only exists because fa/tg/uys didn't read all the fluff and just assumed that every BC was dedicated to stomping Cadia.

>Mcragge.
>Iyanden.

Nids are the borg of 40k, scary until you realize they get royally fucked every time.

>b-but it's just a tendril of da hivemind! when they all come you'll be fucked!

I know each story is meant to fellate the faction whose codex it is in, but come on, this is pure trash. It makes no fucking sense.

It does. Tyranids have no interest in metal, so they just eat the flesh of the admech armies and leave the mech-components.

Since the Tyranids are not interested in whatever is inside the core of planets and most likely lack the capability to dig that deep., they would not know that there is an Admech stronghold in the core.

>Splinter Fleet vs. a Forge World so well known it has its own titan designs.
Who will win, I wonder?

Meanwhile a unsplintered hive fleet rofl stomped Gryphone IV.
In short it can go both ways. Depending on the ressources of both sides.

>most likely lack the capability to dig that deep
Proven to be wrong. Their codex states that several of their organisms burrow deep into the planetary crust to survive Exterminatus.

The planet in question was not hollow, thus the crust was damn hot further down, which obviously makes burrowing fucking hard (ask the Russians, they tried once).
Lucius was hollow.
Conclusion: "Lets make one faction awesome and forget inconvenient facts about the other."

That still leaves "unable to find out the planet was hollow."

Siiiigh, I remember when Tyranids were the big bad which was going to end the galaxy. It seems so long ago now. Their villain decay set in really quick.

They use them for transport to planets - more metal in planets, user.
That's a big IF, especially when you bring trygons and mawlocs into the mix...hollow world indeed...
This is what chaosfags actually believe - never has one group of players toed-the-line so closely and obeyed every dictate from their geedubs masters...pathetic.
>claims nids get royally fucked
>cites MACRAGGE and IYANDEN as support...
>...the most devastating 'victories' in 40k lore....
>mfw

mawlocs and trygons, nigga: do you speak it?

They don't dig to the cores.

>This is what chaosfags actually believe

It's what's in the fluff. If you want headcanon your own setting just leave the thread because is a thread about 40K which is a GW setting. Man are Tyranidfags such actual faggots.

And you know what's in the fluff also? The Hivemind is senile and cannot coherently remember enemies it has fought before.

>It's what's in the fluff
Yeah, that's right, chaosfag! It's right there in the NEW fluff - the RETCONNED fluff - the fluff that got changed from what it was before.
Jesus christ these chaos babies are pathetic...
>muh, it sez right here in da roolz!!
>CHAOS WINZZZ LOLOLOLOLO!!
Look at them and laugh.

>3rd ed
>new

>They don't dig to the cores.
What in the actual fuck? They dig til they can't dig no more. If there's no core to stop them, then I guess they keep on digging, eh?
Did you not think of that, kiddo? Did the author of that Lucius blurb you quoted not think of that either? Huh....

Oh so you are just trolling.

>the RETCONNED fluff - the fluff that got changed from what it was before. the fluff that got changed from what it was before.

Proof?

You can't have it both ways, friendo - either 3rd ed. nerfed chaos hard (which it did) OR it gave you all this ridiculous head canon...which is it?

Loser attempt, brah.
0/10
Replied only to laff.

The author of the Admech codex is either Phil Kelly or Robin Cruddance since Ward wasn't working for the company at the time and Vetrok's last 40K work was the 6th ED Tau. Both authors have had written tons of Tyranid lore and are experienced at it.

If these creatures can dig that far, then they would have found out the Admech dudes hiding there. Clearly they can't and the author demonstrated this in the story. Also I demand an example of them going to the core of planets. Anything recent.

>nerfed chaos hard (which it did)

Proof?

>trygons

To add to this, Robin Crud is the guy who fluffed the Trygons and pimped it in the WD interviews going so far as writing the Forgefane story to showcase its digging abilities.

If the dude thinks it cannot reach the cores, then it cannot reach cores. He invented this tyranid species. He has the right.

Chaos butthurt detected.

>He invented this tyranid species.
>Robin Cruddace
>invented Trygons

Holy fuck, you fucking newfag, do you know literally nothing?

I knew this thread was going to be a disaster before I clicked it. Carnac can't resist using shitty nu-lore to argue that Tyranids act ways that are literally impossible given existing lore written by people far smarter than him. But claiming Crud actually invented a nid strain that's been around since the original Epic 40,000 is too fucking far.

>Both authors have had written tons of Tyranid lore and are experienced at it.
And only one of them is good at it. The other one is a complete retard and pleb who literally hates Tyranids because he's a fucking manbaby with shit taste.

>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Trygon

The sources for Trygon go back as far as 5th ED. Got proof? This thread lacks them.

>They don't dig to the cores.
Yeah, there's a Tyranid creature called a Magma Corer for no reason.

Couldn't be because it literally burrows into the planetary core where the fucking magma is or anything.

>The other one is a complete retard and pleb who literally hates Tyranids because he's a fucking manbaby with shit taste.

Really? I didn't read any Tyranid hate vibes in Kelly's works. He seems to disdain the Tau though. It shows in his novels about them.

Trygons were created by Andy Chambers in Epic you fuckface. They had old Armourcast models from the days of the slug tanks in the fucking 90's, rules in Chapter Approved, and even had a Forge World model and rules before Cruddace even worked for the company.

You're so fucking new.

Proof monkeys are funny. Stupidly sad, but funny.

I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but in case you're actually that stupid, Kelly wasn't the one I was talking about.

>Magma Corer

Hasn't appeared in any new lore ever. It appeared to be retconned.

Its not a IF its what happened, its not like you can take lore pieces, nod and smirk and go
"Pssh that never happened, that would contradict this lore piece."

That's because it's a noncombat creature which will never be seen on the table. You don't see the Malanthrope in Crud-era lore either. Not to mention appealing to Crud lore is in itself a losing argument because he can't even abide by the established canon written by the people who created Tyranids. His shit is C S Goto tier and only retards, newfags and trolls act like it has any bearing on actual fluff discussions of Tyranids.

As did a pretty decent job explaining.

And here you are back again where you began!
>muh, tha nu-roolz sez so, so there!
>no bully! i just follow da nu-roolz!
Carefully ignoring logic and very carefully ignoring geedubs' stand on canon: if it hasn't been specifically changed, it is canon.
What else ya got, you poor wretch?

My mistake. I didn't pay much attention to the Tyranids until recent years. Really boring faction. You could say that Crud reivented them for the New Tyranids.

But do you have any old lore of them digging to cores though?

I couldn't help myself. It was too funny not too.

Anyways, the WD interviews says that Crud has more exp with Tyranids than any other guy in the company.

>Defeated by Iyanden with massive losses
>Iyanden end up bouncing back within a few hundred years
>Form colonies
>literally doing better than ever because Wraith reliance lets them preserve so many more citizens
>Reforming eldar empire, Bieltan guarding them for a bit before they part ways, have more eldar than fit on their craftworld

Was your plan to get BTFO back to andromeda? Or just to show how much better than everyone Iyanden are?

>"Pssh that never happened, that would contradict this lore piece."
But, faget: that's what YOU've done! Your shitty post claimed the admech were completely invulnerable underground; this 'fact' is so utterly false it completely undermines any credibility you think you have.
Piss up another rope, now.

>That's because it's a noncombat creature which will never be seen on the table

Non-combat things are mentioned in the lore all the time. For example, Shield of Baal mentions that the C'tan shard went after Tyranid feeder towers and pulled them off.

>Not to mention appealing to Crud lore is in itself a losing argument because he can't even abide by the established canon written by the people who created Tyranids.

Sorry but we are arguing using the current and relevant. You know, the lore that's going enter into whatever GW is planning for the Tyranids in the undergoing narrative. Either stick with what's new or just don't bother replying.

Crud isn't writing nid lore anymore. Phil Kelly took them back and will quickly make his shit irrelevant, not the other way around.

Don't forget that all the dead are now aciting as a source to empowered the Eldar of Iyanden to Aledari.

The coming of the Ynnari has made Iyaden one of the most powerful craftworlds in the galaxy. The Cycle of Yncarne has returned the dead back to aid the living in force.

By the way, she is QT!

>she

>But do you have any old lore of them digging to cores though?
Look up Sherman Bishop on Tyrannoformation. His fan lore was canonized by Andy Chambers and included in Codexes, old GW site articles and supplements like Chapter Approved.

>>Iyanden end up bouncing back within a few hundred years
Oh, dear: y-you DO know that Iyanden got Kraken'd just like seven years before current year, r-right user? Y-you DO know that, if what you posted is legit geedubs lore, the 'legit' lore is utterly wrong?
Was your plan to get BTFO'd? Cause you got btfo'd...

Please, god, let these 40k end times be gentle to the nids. Smurfs got their primarch back, Chaos got Cadia bits, Eldar got their death god, give us something nifty too.

I just want more new monsters and more adaptations.

>Sorry but we are arguing using the current and relevant. You know, the lore that's going enter into whatever GW is planning for the Tyranids in the undergoing narrative. Either stick with what's new or just don't bother replying.
See? This is all you got! When beaten to a pulp, ALL you can do is cry NUROOLZ!!!
Bwahahahahahaaaaaa!

Come on, circle around again! Dance monkey, dance!

>A year from now
>The Breaking Storm : The Splintering of the Hive Mind
>Warhammer Live : We present to you the lead studio designer of "The Splintering of the Hive Mind", the bonfide Nid expert, Robin Cruddance

What would be your face? You know it's gonna happen.

okay today is the first day I've been on TG in like 8 months. (Was in choina)

What the fuck is the yncarne stuff about?

We need a whole fucking rewrite and a ruthless, brutal retcon gutting of everything Crud did to the lore over the past 8 years.

>Are you retarded? Tyranids couldn't defeat a Forgeworld that used basic attrition tactics
That's one outlier example that is canon but multiple others have pointed out it makes no goddamn sense. it still happened, but for you to think this settles any debate is hilarious. There are multiple examples of forge worlds getting absolutely wrecked by nids, Gryphonne IV being the most significant one.

>Heck, a single C'tan shard annihilated the ground forces of the Tyranids with hilarious ease on multiple planets within hours.
Now you're just making shit up, it being there gave them a chance and gave them some breathing room. The fighting still went on for quite some time even after its emergence

It's not going to happen. Their social media team actually pays some attention to the fanbase now and are very aware that Crud is probably the most hated guy in GW history.

Go ask in the general thread who is worse between Ward and Crud and see the responses you get. That shit comes up on their facebook page and stream chats all the time. The Genestealer Cult codex opens with a two-page spread of cultists murderfucking the shit out of Cruddace's OC space marine chapter for a reason.

I am more interested in what's in the codexes. The current codexes. If Tyranids were able to dig to the cores, why did they miss Lucius core? Hmm?

And besides I am looking at an old article of Tyranid harvesting processes. Nothing says they go after the core. It's all about the surface level. Crust only.

You get the Swarm Queen which is the mate of the Swarmlord and his alpha.

>why did they miss Lucius core? Hmm?
...because whoever wrote that book is shitty at fact-checking and logic? It's bad writing. Inconsistent with facts already given. The fact that you are defending that shitty writing just means you're a faggot troll trying to get a rise out of Tyranid fans and have no intention of discussing this fairly or objectively.

>Cruddace's OC space marine chapter

Howling Griffons have been a thing since RT, he didnt make them up, just how he painted his army.

>Nidfag gets triggered
>Claims only the fluff he likes is canon

NPC.
NPC.
NPC.

He keeps circling back to the same non-argument, like it's a holy symbol or something.
>muh, it sez so in this one book...
By your - ahem - logic, space marines should all be using multilasers.......
Why does getting the shit kicked out of you every single day never get boring to you? A-are you a speshul kind of stupid?

>Now you're just making shit up, it being there gave them a chance and gave them some breathing room. The fighting still went on for quite some time even after its emergence

I am mentioning that a single unsupported shard did tremendous damage on its own. The Tyranids in Cryptus did not taste the full might of a dynasty. Put the Shard in a Tessarct Vault and surround it with the supporting monoliths and watch the Tyranid swarm just cease to be.

>but multiple others have pointed out it makes no goddamn sense

Where?

>it still happened, but for you to think this settles any debate is hilarious.

It's not. It settles the debate about whose better at recycling their troops. I mean for fucks sake, the Tyranids had their own biomass + the biomass of the forgeworld + biomass of the servitors and tech-warriors that kept being fed to the grinder and they still lost to the Admech in attrition. The Admech don't have the capability to recycle their as efficiently as the Necrons or the ability to nullify matter as absolutely as the Necrons (Gauss/scarabs). Replace the Admech with Necrons and it's a more brutal stomp.

Their social media team actually pays some attention to the fanbase now and are very aware that Crud is probably the most hated guy in GW history.

>youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

Yeah, nah. That would be Ward and he is back.

It was still an intentional symbolic gesture for nidfans that didn't go unnoticed.

The guy writing that book will mostly write the next Tyranid book.

And still I didn't get anything proving that Tyranids dig to cores!

>Carnac trolling: the thread

Not really. Random marine chapters are shown to be killed all the time in dexes. You are just being paranoid and delusional. Have some pills.

>The guy writing that book will mostly write the next Tyranid book.
LOL, no he won't. The people running GW now aren't stupid.

who is*

>paranoid and delusional
>he thinks the people in the studio don't have friends in the Tyranid community they still talk to
Word gets out, bruv, when it's behind the scenes company politics stuff and not leaks that are under NDA.

There is like three guys writing the lore and rules now. Ward, Crud, and Kelly. Crud has so far written or co-written every single Nid related release since as long as anyone remembers. Unless we get news he got retired, it ain't gonna change. He is the bug guy.

That's beside the point, that the Admech codex is uncredited so it could be anyone.

seeseeYou feelin' the love, yet?
Go back to the general, you scrub.

One word: Plot armor.

The Imperium's fate is to be defeated by Chaos. Any other bad guy will just be there to whittle down Imperial defense, get blown the fuck up, and pave the way for Chaos to stroll in and push the battered Imperials over with one finger.

Ohhh....wait a second. I just remembered that Ward claimed on Twitter that he wrote the Genestealer codex. I don't think they truly count as Tyranids though.

>The Imperium's fate is to be defeated by Chaos
Proof.

The fact that Chaos always comes back no matter how many times it gets beat. Every other faction in the galaxy has a finite number of resources to fill in the gaps. Chaos just needs to go back to a dimension of Fuck You, and pop back out like nothing happened.

Maybe it would be some be all defeat like WHFB, but the Imperium will eventually fall to Chaos. Whether the Space Marines rally the survivors, the Emperor becomes a Warp God and establishes a Second Imperium, or everything goes to the Warp is anyone's guess however.

Are you an idiot?

Ward hasn't worked for the company for years, he just (possibly) got re-hired but it's not even sure in what exact capacity.

The design team includes at least 5 other guys not even on your list, and 90% of the recent releases were Simon Grant and Phil Kelly.

Crud was given a Tyranid Codex in 5th, fucked it up, and they had plans to rewrite it completely in 6th but Chapter House debacle fucked them over and there was executive meddling and they basically just told Crud to phone in another one pronto, those dumb kids will eat that shit up, I WANT TO SEE THOSE NEW FLYER MODELS SELL, GET RID OF UNTRADEMARKED UNIT ENTRIES! And so because of where Tyranids fell in the release schedule they were screwed for another 4 years because no matter how bad it was they weren't just going to redo the Codex AGAIN shortly after.

Since that time the company has been under entirely new management and restructured their design process again. When it comes back around to finally do a Tyranids update, the LAST person they're going to let anywhere near it is the guy who fucked nids up twice in a row, with the second time only being because of some bullshit from Kirby and Merret who don't work there anymore.

Speaking about plot armour. The released first page of Return of the Girlyman, says the Ultramar was attacked within the year by three forces. The Orks of the Charadon Empire, swarms of Leviathan, and Chaos.

They were all defeated but the most threatening and the closet enemy that came to destroying the Ultramarines was M'kar and his Bloodborn. If you are outdo by freaking M'kar in the threat department, then you might as well just give up.

Ward had nothing to do with Genestealer Cults and didn't even work for GW at any point it was in the design pipeline, you're retarded.