Paladin player keeps shouting "DEUS VULT"

>Paladin player keeps shouting "DEUS VULT"
Is he a fellow 4channer such as myself? OwO

No, go away

Veeky Forums is a safe space and we can't have ring wing death squads here triggering people.

>user posts a shit thread
Is he a fellow redditor such as myself? :^)

Sage

reply praise kek and scrutinize his reaction

Nope he's from reddit. You should take this thread there and ask him

this board must be purged of reddit, DESU VULTU

Pretending to be retard, edgy, and political rebels has filled Veeky Forums with retards, stormfags, and fourteen year olds who think they are in good company.

Of course, that happened years ago.

you're face to face with the man who sold the world

>Veeky Forums is a safe space

It's pretty sad that first thing that a paladin shouting DEUS VULT brings to your mind is Veeky Forums maymays

reacting negatively is exactly what he wanted, you're just playing further into his hands. it's a wonder how Veeky Forums got so full of autism and no one wants to roleplay anymore.

IDK about you familius, but if I wanted to role play (and I do) is join a fucking role playing game.

Which I did, of course.
Tg isn't for role playing on any more than it's for playing 40k on.

for supposedly being against reddit, you sure do treat the board culture as something foreign, that should be combated instead of cultivated and loved.

>the Crusades
>arguably one of the most important periods of European history, which set the foundation for the practice of travelling to and conquering other lands and bringing home exotic spices and other goods
>Like any other period of history, a mixture of good and bad, with many lost battles and misunderstandings on both sides
>now 'Deus Vult,' commonly understood as a crusader warcry and a phrase important to Christianity, is associated only with fat fuckwads on the most backwards part of the internet

I hate a lot of things.

Free form RP is quality board culture now? Say what?

THIS free form rp?

I can understand differing opinions and interests, but is this really the hill you want to die on? With this op?

>DEUS VULT
>in a fantasy setting
You have my allowance to slap him.
SAGE

>backwards

[current year intensifies]

Veeky Forums was never for the act of roleplaying itself, it was for discussing things related to roleplaying and other traditional game-related activities.

Besides, board culture is shit. It's why everyone is yelling at the /pol/acks and the /r9k/ autists, /a/nons are closing themselves off from everyone because 'muh purist board, we were moot's favorites,' and /b/ a sickly offshoot rather than the hub of Veeky Forums that it used to be.

All 'board culture' gets us is people closing themselves off into generals rather than actually interacting with the board as a whole, and next thing you know we'll have threads dedicated to sharing f-list profiles again.

crying about board culture isn't how you change and mold it to your image.
no idea why you're here, on an anonymous imageboard if you hate board culture so much.

Because associating historical events with current political realities has NEVER been done before.

Seriously, what kind of racist shitlord would want to combine past and present?

It takes a special kind of asshole to use the past as a justification for actions in the present.

pretty sure Veeky Forums started the DEUS VULT meme because of all the HFY threads, blame /pol/ all you want but you've made your bed :/

>current political realities
user, we are talking about fantasy settings here.

Wars, I can understand. Then people may consider religion to be a motivating factor, or be able to associate themselves with the past Crusaders. Just like how in the Civil War, both sides were able to relate their views back to the Founding Fathers and the Revolution, or how WW2 Russia made use of Alexander Nevsky in propaganda posters.

But when you're using it just to set yourself apart from people of a different political agenda from yourself, it's just shitty. And that's even assuming that is what is legitimately going on, not just contrarian autists grabbing bits of symbolic events in history to wave around because that's the latest new meme.

>deus vult meme originated on this board years ago
???

>Free form RP is quality board culture now? Say what?

Since 2008 at least.

m8 the Deus Vult meme started because of the Islamic colonization of the West.

>But when you're using it just to set yourself apart from people of a different political agenda from yourself, it's just shitty.
Yeah, like that time Obama cited Martin Luther King in a peacetime speech. What an asshole.
Or Le Pen using ample Jeanne d'Arc iconography to parallel her own resistance to harmful foreign influences (this time in the form of globalisation), what a total bitch.
Or remember how, when it was suggested that maybe at some point Putin might've said that England is a little island only millionaires care about, David "pigfucker" Cameron spoke about "this sceptered isle"? What a fucking racist!

And let's not forget all those American politicians who keep quoting Jefferson ("the tree of liberty needs to be regularly watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots") and Kennedy ("ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for yoru country")! In times of peace! What utter douches!

Drawing parallels between history and present is as old as history itself.

Nope, it was Crusader Kings that popularized/revitalized history of crusades and that led to Deus Vult meme.