/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rolled 25 (1d26)

Yet more Inferno mistakes and I'm not just talking about number 6 and number 15 edition.
Various Valentine posts sub-edition

Anons posted gains, massive Sekhmet argument, powerful unfluffy combos, getting spooked by the Wizards and the Wolves, Rubio's base is the best thing about the model and we helped a fledgling smurf more here >HONESTLY, YOU'LL KNOW LESS ABOUT HOW THESE RULES WORK AFTER READING THEM THAN YOU DO NOW
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

First for chemical warfare

OI

FAGS

DID THE DAVINITE PRIEST MODEL EVER GET RULES

FAGS

THAT IS ALL

WHY DON'T YOU EMAIL FORGEWORLD

AND ASK

YOU FAbulous individual

I cannot remember what we assigned #25 to when we added the non-Marine armies to the roll. Shall we just claim this one for all the non-Legiones armies that never get any love?

Milita and Cults guys, what do you do with your armies, how do you model it and is it effective tableside?
Going to make some "Experiments" for my DarkMech, so Levies and a bunch of Chaos Spawn.

SHUT UP FA-RIEND

THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD IDEA

Why do Space yiffers players make for the worst legion players in 30k? Everything makes them take a shit-fit. Everywhere I read. Complaints. After. Shitposting, After. Complaints. Never say they're one of the best legions out there.
Grey Slayers
>5pt power weapons are too expensive when you give them to the whole squad
>Running and charging with -1 charge range is useless if I run a 1 to run
>I have to buy a boltgun to get the benefits of shooting and charging
>Charging after shooting boltguns isn’t “that” powerful, IW get that for “free” with their ROW
>They don’t get meltaguns or plasmaguns options, so they don’t make “sense”
>I have to give them an apothecary to be good, they’re “overpriced after all of the upgrades I bought”, so I ‘need’ FNP
>Legion rules prevent infiltrators from getting within 18" so i cant get a first turn charge!

Russ
>Russ’ axe isn’t good enough to use compared to his sword
>Being able to not be hit in CC is “NOT(?)” OP (He can negate space marines (WS 4) from hitting because of his -2 to hit, they need 6 to hits, then can’t on the 2nd turn.
>He can “still” get one shotted by D weapons
>Doesn’t buff his army at all (+1 Ld is not a buff, a stat increase? Not for SWs apparently)
>His AP3 bolt pistol wont kill terminators
>His wolves aren’t immune to instant death >Also pissed he can’t auto-kill a primarch in one turn. “He’s the Emperors executioner and has killed 2 primarchs already”.
>They argue with others about his stats not having less than 6+ when some primarchs have 5s in their initiative
The rest
>Deathsworn are overpriced, have to buy rad to go with their 2+ armour saves, free power axes, and other grenades with their 2 attacks base.
>Bjorn isn’t a character yet in the heresy, anyone who said that plastic character is Bjorn should be ‘reeeedddd’ at.
>When will we get Bjorn model?
>Vararygr need 2 wounds at least to be useful and are also overpriced and do not have storm shields
>Frost weapons aren’t all AP2 at initiative
>Priests are overpriced and I have to buy them!!
>VLKA FENRYKA!!! VLKA FENRYKA!!! VLKA FENRYKA!!! VLKA FENRYKA!!! VLKA FENRYKA!!!
>Emperors executioners!!! Emperors executioners!!! Emperors executioners!!!
>"Don't say Space Wolves, or else people will think we're furries" they say with their Wolf tshirts and tattoos and avatars

user, your scheme gives me hope for Ushabti Bone.

Asking around after Davinite Priests doesn't sound like Blood Angel behaviour.

Do you have doubts?

... Do the rules indicate that Arhiman's sehkmet stave sexually identifies itself as a Force Axe ?

The only one sperging about The Vlka Fenryka here is (You).

A kopesh is an axe user, just a funny looking one.

In my own Death Guard, yes

Don't worry it is quite simple.

Here's what I have (or will have after painting)

40 tacticals
10 flamer marines
10 autocannon marines
10 veterans with 2 heavy flamers
10 grave wardens
10 tartaros termies with autocannons
2 missile boxnoughts

What should I get next (preferably no large resin models)?

What I've been considering:

apothecaries
vindicator(s) with demolisher
scorpius
third boxnought
contemptor

Well, we don't really complain about all that here because almost all of us are gentlemen of excellent taste so don't play them.

But I suppose if you want a half serious half shit-stirring (You), I think it's because they've been driven mad by the intentional fluff disconnect of presenting them as The Good Guys while their actual role in the HH as the guys proud of being ready to shiv their brothers in the backs at a moment's notice and being the best at indiscriminate slaughter of innocents.

Maybe you should stay off bolter and chainsword or wherever you are quoting that autism from. A very vocal part of the wolf fanbase are fucking annoying as shit. As for why they have the most annoying fanbase that is because they are too cool for da rules man + wish fulfillment for certain weirdos plus every furfag who thinks he's a wolf

Some sort of HQ would be a good idea.

Of course I have HQs (praetor and siege breaker) it goes without saying.

I haven't seen many SW players, really. It looks like we've been giving them a hard time since long before any popped up.

But yes, Grey Slayers and Leman Russ are over the top. The army list as a whole isn't going to blow other armies away (TSons might) but it's certainly in the upper echelon.

>apothecaries
>vindicator(s) with demolisher

These two.

as if logic would bother them. I didn't vote for the emperor faggot. None of you are good guys.

;^)

There was an entire thread about khopeshes recently, and the shitters like you that went on about hurr axes got btfo'd so neatly, it was almost silly.

>looks
Wolves have been shit on since the moment Prospero was announced as being it's own book.

There are a lot of bullied nerds on Veeky Forums.

I have seen a few games with tsons so far. They can be brutal, but they are dependent on the whims of psychics. They can get wrecked by the pinning shit real quick.

>"Magnus does little for his army"
>Makes them all ld10, countering their downside, and allows your to re roll reserve rolls if you wish

Sure it ain't Alpharius, but it's actually really strong. Also, his RoW is just fucking bullshit.

As the emperor's executioners its what they deserve (I didn't really give a fuck about them until dan abnett had his way with them). Ultras get shit on too, and more IRL form what I have seen. 30k wolves look a lot cooler than 40k wolves at least. Not that its hard

it's not a khopesh, it's a heqa staff or 'bladed staff'. They were probably ceremonial for priests and were usually quite short hafted but they elongate them to resemble sorceror staffs. Khopeshes aren't exactly axes since the whole thing was usually cast, haft and blade ratehr than being a metal wedge you insert onto a haft.

What's wrong? Do you think there's something wrong with taking the best bits of Primarch's Chosen and Orbital Assault with none of the downsides

literally the first post I made about the yiffs, as a player of them, was how the Grey Slayers are -in some regards- better than Vets squads, Tactical squads, and breacher squads.
I know somethings are OP, I know somethings aren't OP, but it doesn't matter because I am here to have fun.

My only gripe is the HQ tax.

>Ultras get shit on too, and more IRL form what I have seen.
Yeah, that's true, because the current fanbase mostly came in during 4e and didn't know that the 5e SM dex was a return to old form (and had the bonus of not making standard SM shit for the first time in the game's history) and freaked out.

But user, you are forced to spam Sekhmets! :^)

>space wolf players

So tell us of these games. Any hilarious psychic stuff? Perils come into play? How'd everyone being pinned effect the turn?

Another upside is you will know who the WAACfags are by how many Scarabs they have compared to FW Sekhmets

I'm always amused by the psychoanalysis of SW vs TS.

I really enjoyed TS in 40k because the colors are nice and animated armour and space wizards are cool concepts.

I also hated SW because the minis and color schemes were lame. Also without those eye covering helmets or long ships, vikings are just lame unshaven white dudes.

Very amusing that the lore basically validated my personal taste in canon.

the hq tax is fluffy. You're on team hero hammer. squads are organised around the guy who talks the most shit while swinging his frostaxe. Grey slayers seem pretty cool, and don't bring stupid weapons but useful ones, unlike the nail in brain weapons.

Was looking at how all Titan variants have a plasma based arm weapon, was wondering if anyone thought Knights would ever get something like that

An invisible sekhmet squad killed of a deathshroud squad and typhon with ease. Probably the most brutal application I have seen.

A heavy support squad got pinned 2 turns in a row because of the perils.

Anyone know how to get that marble like color in pic?

Yeah but Grey Slayers have a Huscarl (horrible name) in the unit, it is a little contained fluff piece already.

Somebody post the AngryWiteGuy pic of him doing the Facebook girl fat face-hiding selfie pose and making that fagface.

>Invisibility is not WC3

Always makes me mad.

>building TS Pride list
>originally had 2 Sekhmet in there
>replaced one with a legion terminator squad
>got called names for taking 2, will get called names for doing this

wizardn ain't easy

Invisibility was a mistake.

Pure and simple. Limits interaction. Ignores fluffy counters. Just a big pile of no fun.

Some of the caedere weapons are kind of neat ideas in themselves, but they're all catastrophically overcosted.

>Huscarl (horrible name)
You talking smack about Dorn's bodyguards?

No. Titans are getting plasma weapons, knights are getting new heads. That is a major difference between knight and titan.

its an old rule from 40k, dunno if current space wolf codex has the requirement.

I don't even know what the fuck a huscarl is.

>And it's all Erebus's fault too

That's why its horrible, it's already being used by another legion.

>implying dorn won't be bullied into renaming them by russ

Well, the SW detachment had more HQ slots, but I don't think any more were compulsory.
Fuck you Erebus.

The current Wolf dex just has more HQ slots in its custom Force Org chart.
Extra HQs haven't been mandatory for them since the 3e dex.

Huscarl is related to Housecarl, a type of bodyguard/non-servant retainer in Scandinavia. They were sort of like a knight, but of a lesser (equivalent) rank.

They're also your pack mule/bitch when you become a thane in Skyrim.

Do we actually have any Milita and Cults or Solar Aux players here? I never see them.

Was considering getting some of one or the other just to vary things up.

Double dubs confirmed, Russ bullies Dorn

yeah see 3rd ed they were, there you go. When you go back in time the rules do too lol.

>Russ bullies Dorn*
*As long as he has Valdor, the Sisters, a Titan Legion and a greater daemon housebroken by xenos backing him up.

I've been building up a good sized number of Vostroyan models with the intention of using them as Solar Auxilia, but they're not painted and I don't really have the vehicles to run a list yet.

>mad that he's more popular than you.
Back to the pain glove

>greater daemon housebroken by xenos
Wait, what?

>mistaking care in the community handlers as friends
makes sense considering he tells everyone his pet puppers are his actual brothers

Fuck you Erebus.

I didn't vote for you

Fuck you Erebus.

>pet puppers are his actual brothers
kek Lemon is a weird one. If only space wolves were just viking inspired and not wolf inspired.

Yeah, they look like it's AV en masse or nothing, really, since even very excellent GEQ just can't really compete unless they come en masse, for fuck all and are Rending/Zealot and such. I mostly want the army for large numbers of infantry to back up the Reductor Thallax, since I got bored of Adsec having basically no offensive output and eating precious Troop slots.

magnus deserved worse

Malcador pls go.

Magnus deserved to deserve better.

>can't fuck it if it's invisible

Fuck you Erebus

Fuck you Erebus

If you fucked someone who was invisible, would you see your own dick pump in and out, or would it disappear too?

it should disappear

Send an email Forgeworld, maybe they'll include it in the Inferno FAQ.

>His wolves aren’t immune to instant death
Nor should they be, bringing animals onto a battlefield is retarded. They should be T3 with a single wound and no save.

>Sekhmets can only generate powers from Pyro/Telekinesis
>Magnus can only Mind Wrath standard witch-fires

There, TSons are mostly fine. Come on FW, do it.

Right, let's all just ignore cyber-familiars, cyber-eagles and space whale gunships, because everything is only retarded when SW do it.

Primarchs shouldn't have the D full stop.

Even without Mind Wrath he can get the D with Santic, so D would be a thing anyway.

give russ the d

It's the same as painting lightning. Start on your very light gray pauldron. Paint lots of almost-as-light gray jagged lines. Paint thin medium gray lines discontinuously over the previous gray layer. Maybe some darkish gray at the corners of the jagged lines.

Or get a marble dip kit.

It's an old Norse term for bodyguards.

And then he would be forced to roll on santic, which isn't great and not just get D powers on a primaris for a table which he's likely going to roll on anyway.

Hey, the Space Whale is my insane idea, don't tar the whole faction with the crazy brush just because I am. Tar them with it for the Ordinatii and the Vaults of Moravec, if you have to.

Also, the familliars are just helpful drones, same with the eagles. They aren't expected to be front-line, trading blows with Vorax and Terminators and not immediately exploding into gore and bits of charred fur.

>solves nothing, the suggestion
There is no such thing as a non-standard witchfire, only different types. It would have to be "non-nova" witchfires.

And why limit the Sekhmet? It makes no sense canonically since they can come from different Cults. Plus they choose from the two weakest, which makes the few not-shit powers good and will be the only time anyone uses those two schools.

30k wolves are almost identical to 40k wolves outside of MkVII armor.

The real problem is that GW insists on focusing on Ragnar's GC with the obnoxious yellow shoulders.

modern sw are light blue not grey.

Emperor's Children-fag here. I got a sprue of the plastic Tartaros Termies and I'm wondering how to best kit them out for a Primarch's Chosen list. Any advice?

What really bothers me is that the BL stuff, which in this case was awesome, built them up as clever warriors who embraced a barbaric exterior and made Russ out to be a real smart team player. I was ready to fall in love with the Wolves as a bunch of complex characters with complex rules to match and instead we got WOLFSTAR STRONK Wolfy World Eaters. So much missed potential.
And I'm a White Scars player.

Anons, I come bearing news.

The wolves are take HQs outside of their force org every 1000 points.

Regardless of the force orginzation chart being used.

Get some sanguinary guard boxes and coat your termies with the wings.

They must take deathstars of characters!!!!

Bahahahaha!!!

This is an accepted part of the rules, and much better than being forced to play

Fuck you Erebus