/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/cough-back-in-hack-the-saddle-cough-cough-again-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Stat me

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernetics#Roots_of_cybernetic_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

Galatean Promethean, obviously.

Got a link to Conquering Heroes?

Acanthus Supremacy is best Supremacy

>M20 Entry on Cybernetics
>Despite the dated overuse of “cyber” as an adjective, cybernetics remains a bleeding-edge discipline. Rooted in Chinese, Greek, and Arab technologies, this discipline blossomed during the Industrial Revolution and hasn’t stopped blooming yet.

>Chinese, Greek, and Arab technologies
Uh, like what? Seriously, I would like to know what is being referenced here.

I get that "cyber" was originally a Greek word, but is there any contribution apart from that? What the fuck did the Chinese or Arabs ever add?

And in any case, with the far more obvious root of these technologies being American, British, and Japanese, why bother to mention such tenuous contributions?

As powerful as Acanthus are, I really just dislike their whole concept. Fate Magic cannot do anything that couldn't "naturally" happen, and Time is honestly just pretty straightforward in its application.

You can't use Fate to create complicated gravity funnels to trap furious Uratha in midair.
You can't liquify the ground beneath someone's feet then cause it to rise up and endvelop them before hardening again.
Or modify your own body into a gilled, webbed aquatic form to investigate underwater mysteries.

It's just not Magical enough for me.

I assume the book is talking about the entire history of cybernetics, in which case the technological advances of the Greeks, the Arabs, and the Chinese would play a part. I mean, that's still way too broad a history for something that most people associate with the 80s and 90s, and forgets the contributions of France and Chile, but I guess I could see where the author was going with it.

>MAGE SUPREMACY
that's what every mage thinks until a werewolf tears their throat out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernetics#Roots_of_cybernetic_theory

Basically cybernetics did not mean what you think it means.

I'm mad that Soviet cybernetics aren't mentioned in your post by the way.

How adorable, poodles with delusions of grandeur.

>Fate Magic cannot do anything that couldn't "naturally" happen

Fate can do a lot of weird shit that shouldn't be conceivably possible, user.

Fate 5 lets you do shit like rain of frogs.

I'll concede that Swarm of Locusts can cause near impossible and obviously supernatural events on a whim.

But that's merely supernatural in the timing. All of those things could still have possibly occured by themselves.

>Hey, sorry about all the genocide and stuff.
>But it really was your fault too, y'know.

>Fate not magical enough

I think you're just fucking retarded

>It's just not Magical enough for me.
Where as for me, it's the most Magical path. Just something about *knowing* and being able to just let things fall where they or, more likely you made them fall. Oaths and predictions, destiny and decisions simply appeals to me on a visceral level.

I see no mention of the Chinese or Arabs in the history there. Again, Greeks did create the term, but apart from the extremely tenuous contribution of a water clock, have done nothing to add to the field.

What I /do/ see are a shitload of British, American, and French contributors.

Sorry White Wolf/Onyx Path, it's glaringly obvious that white people did the vast majority of work here, and shirking them of credit is pretty fucking dumb.

THE WEREFAGS NEED TO FUCK RIGHT OFF

How are vampires initiated into the whole wyrm worship thing? I kind of want to bring back a PC from a previous masquerade as an antagonist in my werewolf game, but not really sure how any vampire would get from point a to b.

Despite the widely acknowledged acceptance of what "cybernetics" connotes in our modern lexicon, WW, particularly in the oWOD, always attempts to ensure history and characters and presented as necessarily and sufficiently "multicultural" and "diverse."

Minorities are all magical and inherently virtuous, and white people are villains.

If the cybernetics comments was a one-off it would be immaterial. However, political and social biases of WW authors are rarely subtle or restrained, and Brucato is notably one of the biggest self-righteous douches in the entire WW stable, past and present. This is particularly troubling considering the man need to beg on Patreon to pay his rent. "Successful" and "insightful" are certainly not the adjectives most people would use to describe Phil.

*awoos seductively at u*

I thought it was tied to the Path of Evil Revelations or something.

>Fate not magical enough

I think the user is really complaining that Fate is often too subtle for him to consider it magical. I would assume he prefers the generally far more flashy abilities of Obrimos or Moros.

>frog rain

>laughing Obrimos

you're the foolish one who thinks he could best a werewolf, you pathetic weakling

>*awoos seductively at u*
GIVE HIM THE KNOT

>you're the foolish one who thinks he could best a werewolf

Sorry that your werefag friend got stuck in Ban and couldn't escape cuz Spirit. His butt got probed that night by cackling Mystagouges.

Virtually any mage will readily best a comparably experienced werewolf, and a Thyrsus would just embarrass the mongrel.

Werewolves beating a prepared Thyrsus? You are just too fuckin' funny, user.

>His butt got probed that night by cackling Mystagouges.

There's nothing like the smell of vivisected lycanthropes in the morning.

>dead mages in waiting

>got the knot, now butthurt the werewolf didn't kill him to end his suffering

>yfw no werewolf bf taking you to pound town while in Crinos

>got the knot
no, they ran a knotted train on him

RIP, instead of riiiip

I might have laughed a bit too much at this

So I'm using a different system like Urban Shadows and transplanting the WoD/CoD fluff to play a monster mash. Which of the WoD/CoD factions make the most sense as pan-racial factions? (Faction is more important than race, btw)

Delusional fucking werefag.

Bow before your rightful overlords!

I'm sorry, I don't bow before someone whose head I can squash like a grape without a second thought

You need to read The Pack, and the section detailing how werewolves who interfere with mages tend to suffer fates worse than death.

Considering this acknowledgment was actually in a Forsaken book, it amply demonstrates the stark reality of #magesupremacy.

However, don't feel bad little doggy, at least you're probably tougher than those blood-sucking undead parasites and wimpy fairies.

>Implying the werewolf could even reach the mage in time

The flesh/spirit thing and constant shapeshifting at least mean's that they're not likely to get lawnchaired.

>playing cofd

That book also flat-out stated that apprentice Spirit Mages are better than Uratha Elders at what they do.

>Mage Supremacy

You think you can out clash a Mage's will?

Have fun being a lawn chair for an indefinite amount of time.

Ah, lovely Sweet Shalquoir.

White skin is probably the mark of caine according to some rabbi text I vaguely remember.

Sure thing Mr Third-Degree Adept.

Are they mechanically? What xp values determine an apprentice and elder?

>Wine Rack

Even better!

Wouldn't staying conscious despite being lawnchaired require Mind as well?

they're also a lot better at getting eviscerated
>mage supremacy indeed

>Implying they'd even see a werewolf coming
maybe cumming when they run a train on you, hope you like the knot

>at this moment, he botched

>this is my fetish

Magefags need a containment thread on /d/

You are beyond salvation if you think dirty dogs are anything more than wine racks.

Ever think that the magefags are yanderes in denial and secretly dream about knots?

Yes, the lads doth protest too much.

The same book has a lodge that mutilates Mages souls and sticks them in an extra dimensional prison then use them as troops.

I can't imagine just how many werewolves died trying to contain a single mage.

no

What is he in WoD/CofD?

Purified.

how do you think the flint michigan water disaster went down in WoD? This being WoD, I'm thinking they drank the lead water until they all died of lead poisoning, because it was all a Pentex plot they advertised on their facebook page. "Drink lead water! It's 100% inorganic and 100% toxic! Buy today!"

That's Invader Zim levels of stupidity but it's pretty much the only way Pentex is able to get away with successfully killing the entire population of Flint, Michigan.

How the hell is humanity not dead of toxic waste poisoning?

None - lodges can have no-sell abilities against their prey. One of the sample lodges doesn't even specifically focus on beasts but can entirely negate half of the beast power set. A Mage hunter lodge is probably untouchable with magic.

Could you use Time to 'hang' an action like you hang a spell?

The idea is to cast the spell on myself with the conditional duration to activate when I attack somebody.

Then I'll do Potency # of attacks on a training dummy, Next time I get into a fight I can punch a dude and he'll get hit by a second attack.

Didn't Dave state beforehand that a single Thyrsus is the worst possible enemy for a pack to face?

>A Mage hunter lodge is probably untouchable with magic
That's funny. Because Mages specialize in no-selling other splat powers. Your lodge is going to be useless when they can't do anything due to the Spirit Arcanum,

I'm also fairly certain that you're over-exaggerating.

>evident fanfiction

I spotted the biased werefag.

Yeah, that's not how it works.

That's not how Time works.
You can create a Temporal Pocket, and Hang that spell so when you punch someone it freezes time for a few seconds, enough to hit them again.

I think you're overestimating how Lodges work, user.

I wanted to continue the line of discussion about making the Weaver and Wyrm morally ambiguous. What camps are already written about who do this and how can we write them bigger roles?

There is nothing ambigious about the Wyrm and its a hard sell to make it otherwise.

>Wyrm
The only real ambiguity of the Wyrm is that technically it's not its fault because Weaver drove it insane. One thing you could do is make it so that a small shred of the old Balance Wyrm actually did escape from the Weaver's web, although Garou don't realize that it isn't batshit insane. Werespiders actually get some Balance Wyrm powers, IIRC.

>Weaver
Everything the Weaver has done with humanity in modern times is basically in retaliation for the Impergium. Humans are her pets and the Garou treated them badly, now she really dislikes them. Also, you could say that the Weaver still hates the Wyrm because of stuff like pollution slowing down expansion, etc.

Magefags really hammering down the Werefags

Not sure which side to take.

Iirc one Apocalypse ending was the Perfect Metis becoming the avatar for the Balance Wyrm and getting untainted powers and Gifts from it??

The Weaver is also insane though and warped her own cosmic function. Plus you have Queen Ananasa acting like a plot device for this, or a mary sue depending on who you ask.

And you might be right on the werespider Gifts but I can't recall off the top of my head. Try checking their breed book??

It doesn't matter, we will keep circlibg the same shitposts until something new comes out to ridicule.

The side of the real secret master of reality, the God-Machine.

I understand that it would require rewriting the setting. I don't like the canon antagonists or protagonists for reasons that others have explored at length.

For example, maybe Kupala could be retconned as a Wyld spirit. An evil Wyld spirit who taints the land, causes madness and mutations, and patronizes the Tzimisce, but a Wyld spirit nonetheless.

>Werewolves beating a prepared Thyrsus? You are just too fuckin' funny, user.
It's pretty easy considering there's nothing it can really do against five monsters slaughtering them.

Thyrsus could defend against a totem but not a pack.

From the wiki:

Wyrmspawn, the Perfect Metis, Possessed Black Spiral Dancer
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Black Spiral Dancers
Physical: Strength 8 (10/12/11/9), Dexterity 6 (6/7/8/8), Stamina 8 (10/11/11/10)
Social: Charisma 5, Manipulation 4 (3/1/1/1), Appearance 5 (4/0/5/5)
Mental: Perception 5, Intelligence 4, Wits 5
Talents: Alertness 5, Athletics 5, Brawl 5, Dodge 5, Intimidation 5
Skills: Leadership 5, Melee 5
Knowledges: Enigmas 5, Occult 5, Rituals 5
Backgrounds: Allies 5, Consecrated 5, Fetish 5, Rites 5, Symbiosis 5
Rage: 10
Gnosis: 10
Willpower: 10
Gifts: (1) Bane Protector, Inspiration, Sense Wyrm; (2) Horns of the Impaler, Spirit of the Fray, Wyrm Hide; (3) Combat Healing, Dagger of the Mind; (4) Open Wounds, Stoking Fury's Furnace; (5) Avatar of the Wyrm.
Powers: Enhanced Attributes (+3 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +3 Stamina), Horror (supernatural version), Sense Gaia, Thick Skin x 5, Triatis Sense, Voice of the Wyrm
Merits and Flaws: Huge Size, Iron Will
Taints: None

In WoD he's a Verbena with Natural Channel who awakened and spent his time training in the Umbra and now fights Nephandi using Spirit and Prime to summon/create martial icons out European fury.

In CoD he's probably an Obrimos or Thyrsus with similar tendencies only directed against the Seers of the Throne. His Order is probably Adamantine Arrow. Oh and it goes without saying his favorite yantra is High Speech.

>I'll accept your apology if you let me taste the knot.

>tfw will never play a campaign as a trenchcoat-concealed metis cub that was taken on by a group of Hunters as their mascot.

Your stated objective is to make people feel bad for killing the things and people that produce shit put of Freak Legion. Irs just going to leave a bitter taste when you WoW Orcs a bunch of malevolent cosmic entities.

The setting and the fate of the Weaver and Wyrm is already tragic, but thems the breaks.

So you're applying a whole group of werewolves against a single mage? That just boosts my ego even more. How else could you take one down?

>Mage Supremacy

>You need to read The Pack, and the section detailing how werewolves who interfere with mages tend to suffer fates worse than death.
It doesn't say anything like that.

>The Kitsune were first introduced in the Appendix of Caerns: Places of Power, where they are portrayed differently. Here, they are servants of the Wyrm of Balance that fight against both Weaver and Wyld, unaffiliated with any larger shapeshifter community.

Huh?

Even Dave said one werewolf could tear a mage to shreds.

The rules disagree.

>"Apprentice mages can work spirit magic even elder werewolves can't"

>"interfering with a mage is a great way to find out which fates are worse than death"

Did a Mage writer infiltrate Werewolf? Fucking disgusting, Never have I seen such blatant mage wank.

If you want an evil/morally ambiguous Wyld, Warhammer's ruinous powers have you covered. Raising the dead in defiance of the natural order is one of Nurgle's many past times.

God, I would love a campaign where the heroic Chaos Werewolves fight those crazy Black Spirals and those filthy hypocrite Garou who profane the Wyld.

Tragic is boring. Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne! Corn for the cornflakes!

Yeah, he said a dumbass mage trying to nuke a werewolf would die. Something about a wizard's spleen flying across the room.

The problem is, that's not how you 1v1 a werewolf. You lock them down without any room for escape. Then you proceed to dissect them. He also mentioned that a single Thyrsus would be the worst possible enemy for a whole pack, but that's just his opinion.

>Did a Mage writer infiltrate Werewolf? Fucking disgusting, Never have I seen such blatant mage wank.
You've been wanking over mage the whole thread.

Yes, I do love to jerk it over their corpses.

Then we rewrite that or make a separate faction. Do you garoufags not understand how to rewrite stuff to be morally ambiguous?

>The problem is, that's not how you 1v1 a werewolf. You lock them down without any room for escape.
Which can't be done, since only changelins are better escape artists.
>Then you proceed to dissect them.
Also laughable
>He also mentioned that a single Thyrsus would be the worst possible enemy for a whole pack, but that's just his opinion.
It would fuck up their totem, which is important to them. Like you don't want a vampire dating your sister.

>You lock them down without any room for escape
Can all werewolves instinctively hop into the Shadow or do you need to find a specific weak are of the Gauntlet? If so, Ban becomes the ultimate time out until death rage runs out (or air, whatever).

Most werewolves, there's also a gift and fetishes that allow them to escape magic bonds. Or they could just grow.

If the mage has time to prepare, and a chance to see it coming, the werewolves dun goofed. The pack is the best tool they have that includes the humans. The humans who are numerous, can walk right up to a mage, and slip GHB or any other number of drugs right into Magic Man's coffee, tea, or me. After the mage is drugged without realizing what happened, out cold, and helpless. It's a simple matter for the wolves to move in for the kill and splat. One dead mage.

>using Gifts
It's a hopeful idea, until you realize the Mage also has Spirit.

So you're using back-handed alternatives now? We're discussing white-room scenarios. You're only flaunting mage wank even more.

All that to defeat a single Mage?

>Mage Supremacy

Can mages cure vampirism?