>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8DBY7hrY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kamen Rider Raia / Miyuki Tezuka [Free - Conditional] - Assuming you didn’t immediately betray or murder him, the fortune teller you met is another odd exception to the rules in the Rider War. The original Kamen Rider Raia was his friend Yuichi Saito, a pianist who was offered to join the War to gain a wish to fix his damaged hands from a mugging in his past, and restore his ability to play. However, when he discovered the true stakes of the War, he refused, leading to Shiro to have a Mirror Monster to kill him in retribution. Tezuka took the Advent Deck instead, vowing not to win the War for a wish, but to take revenge on Shiro and stop the Rider War entirely. He is not quite the idealist or pacifist that Shinji is, and is more than willing to fight to prove his point - just not the senseless violence that Shiro seems to desire.

He is, as you know by now, a fortune teller who has an almost supernatural ability to accurately divine the future. This is at odds with his personal philosophy, because he always encourages people to choose their own fate and destiny, to work hard against bad futures and fortunes instead of just succumbing. He approached you because he sensed your own destiny is undoubtedly a deciding factor in the Rider War...if you are ‘Blank’ or seek to end Shiro’s machinations in your own way, you may take Tezuka as an ally. He is unlikely to have interest in any other offer, however.

>Carrying him everywhere
...I mean okay I know there's something later on about him losing even more motor functions or something but at the point I'm at right now he can walk totally fine. The only issue is that his arm and right eye and dead unless he's hooked up, which is a bit annoying but not wheelchair worthy.

>Bayo
Well here's the thing: The rationale behind jumpmaking isn't that you HAVE to thrive in every single instance. It's just giving you a bunch of options that will let you survive and have a chance in the world for the majority of paths you take. If someone wants to challenge the final boss, it is not a requirement on my end to handhold you by giving you the options to win that fight. That is far from a common occurrence, the MC pretty much wrecks them, there's zero danger to the jumper. So why should I have to account for someone who's willingly going to stick their head in a nest of japanese hornets just because they want to prove something? By that point it's on them, not me.

>GoW
Part of that was me wanting to balance each background with each other so it wasn't a OTB situation. Part of that was me dropping the ball out of paranoia. The environment thing was like Poseidon's and Hera's stuff yeah, but overall I didn't want a situation where people just go one build and see everything else as 'useless'.

I might go back and revise some of that once I clear some stuff off my plate.

Eeeeh. True, I just didn't see demons in Overlord as counting due to them instantly making you evil. Which isn't what I wanted to go for.

So quests and fanfics are valid jumps?

Yeah, sure.

Oh, shit, sorry. I wasn't thinking about spoilers. How far into season 2 are you?

If there's enough material to make an original jump, probably. Would depend on the quest or fanfic.

Depends. Some are, but not all.

They can be. If there's enough material there that you can establish a good sense for the world (and in the case of fanfictions, distinguish it sufficiently from canon) then there's no reason why it can't work. Like any other work of fiction, it depends on the individual case.

Okay, question. Would a 100 cp perk that sent all of your other regen perks into overdrive (125%, to be precise) be okay, or is that kinda overpowered?

Sure they are. Except when they're not.

You'll know by the volume of screeching from the thread that will never depend on the quality of your work.

It would probably have to cost more.

Depends on the jump.

Probably nah.

It depends on which one, what are you thinking of?

I think phrasing it as "overcharges other regeneration perks" is a bit too meta. Maybe instead phrase it as just increasing all healing rates by 125% percent speed, and have a note that this stacks with whatever form of regeneration you have. As for your actual question of balance, that obviously depends on the context of other perks in that jump. But taken on its own in a vacuum, I'd say that sounds better at costing 200CP.

Well that's nice. Unfortunately the quest and fanfic I want to see made into jumps the most are incomplete and probably won't be completed.

Making a perk completely dependent on other perks like that seems rather poorly thought out. Meanwhile it's ridiculously meta, since many regen perks have different sources and explanations.

For what jump? In higher power jumps perks can do more at lower prices without being unreasonable.

Depends on how it stacks up to what else is in the jump and if it fits the setting.

I also, personally, have a general distaste for perks that affect other perks, so I want to suggest that it instead just be a stand-alone healing factor or the ability to kick your natural healing ability into super-overdrive.

>increasing all healing rates by 125% percent speed
It's only a 25% increase.

I happily contribute to the list of potential evil companions!

Kamen Rider Ouja / Asakura Takeshi [300] - There’s something that needs to be established about this man. He is not a tragic villain, he is not misunderstood, he was not driven to the state he is by outside forces. He is a psychopath, pure and simple. When he was younger, he burned down his own house and murdered his parents, leaving only himself and his younger brother survived. If he ever found out his brother was nearby, he would invent an elaborate backstory just for the chance to meet him again...just to finish the job and murder his sibling for annoying him. Asakura became a wandering serial killer, constantly seeking to fight and kill just for the excitement of it, or revenge for anything that ‘vexed’ him. Though he regularly ends up on the wrong end of the law, he continually evades long-term imprisonment...especially when Shiro decides such a violent, unpredictable individual is the perfect way to keep the Rider War in motion when the others become too complacent.

Allying with Asakura is akin to playing with fire - he’s quite accepting of anyone who’s willing to direct him to a new, interesting fight of some kind. He has no wish for the end of the Rider War, and if he did, he would likely just wish for the war to continue forever and ever. Fighting and killing is all he needs or desires, and this makes him an exceptionally dangerous and lethal participant. What’s worse, he is the only Rider with more than one Contract card to use...having a grand total of three, including his initial Monster, Venosnaker.

Ah, that's a shame. I'm in that situation right now with a jump I'm working on. Fortunately, in my case the author has posted notes on where he wants to go with it if he ever does take it back up, so I'm not completely lost. I still want to see it actually happen, though.

>incomplete and probably won't be completed.
If anything, that can work to your advantage. No chance of sudden escalation or other twists that would wreck everything, you know? I think that, if enough of the setting has been established, it's viable for a jump even if it's incomplete.

Is it? He said 125%, on its own that was unclear whether it was increased by 125% or increased to 125%. Subtle but important difference.

Renegade Jump # 55 The Room
Background: Drop In (0)
Starting location: Hell

Equipment:
*Picture of a Spoon (200, Discount)
*Recorder (400)
*Doggie –the dog (400)

Journal Entry # 752674

I am starting to miss the place where everyone was a sadistic murderous asshole. I don’t know why she keeps sending me to these places. I have already gathered she hates my guts and enjoys watching me suffer but I mean this place is more boring and stupid than anything else.

Journal Entry # 752885

So I have opened a studio to teach martial arts, I am teaching Xanxia martial arts. I don’t care if this world destroys itself with super martial arts it gives me something to do. Sadly decent students are few and far between. None of my companions seem to have a natural aptitude for it but they are trying at least. I do have a few promising students, mostly younger kids. They don’t yet know what is and is not possible so leaping 20 feet in the air and kicking through a brick wall is just cool instead of scary.

(To be continued)

Rolled 2 (1d8)

Kung Fury
Cop
Miami, 1985
Jump Fury(200), You Got A Permit For Those?(200), Sudden Appearances (200), You're the Best Damn Partner I've Ever Had(-200), Hardcore Hacking Mode (-300), Hacking Into...(-500), Laser-Raptor Hunter(-700)
Canon Companion- Barbarianna (-1000)
Hamtastic(-900), Kung Face(-800), True Survivor(-600), Arcade Jumperbot(0)

Oh God. I'm not ready for this. I... I just went on fun exploring adventures with my monster buddies. I'm not prepared to fight gangs or robots.

Okay Jumper, just breathe. I can do this. I just need to use my superior mobility and ability to shoot around cover to lay down supporting fire while my pokemon kill them all for me.

There's also the hot Viking woman who came back to life a week after I arrived. Umm. Hello. I should probably explain why that happened. And why it's probably going to keep happening regularly. I hope you don't mind getting pulled out of the afterlife to be my bodyguard forever, ma'am. (God I'm so glad I took that partnership perk. This would be even more of a trainwreck without it.)

1)Portal
2)Supernatural
3)Pacific Rim
4)Red Alert
5)Alterwodd D. Rus
6)KOTOR -> Clone Wars -> OT
7)Fallout -> Fallout 4
8)Soul Eater

Journal Entry # 752889

The police came down to my studio again apparently one of my students kicked another kid through a wall. Apparently the other kid is in a coma now with an insane number of broken bones. Apparently the kicked kid was bullying my student or something.

I just wanted something to do, something to make this world a little more tolerable. I didn’t really want people to be hurt. Anyways I snuck in to the kids hospital room and healed him he should recover.

I didn’t even think I had taught anything dangerous to anyone yet. Sadly I fear the kid may just just been a little too talented and put things together before I was ready. It will be a miracle if I can keep the studio open.

Journal Entry # 7531003

So I turned a drug dealer in to a frog today, he was threatening Chris I was in a bad mood. He should have a nice life, I got… well her now hooked up with an Aquarium and a mate.

Journal Entry # 7531017

Ok so I got sick of the drama so I sat down Johnny, Lisa and Mark and they had it out. Strangely I had doggie with me and he began to talk and explained to them the true meaning of love and compassion.
At this point I am not even surprised. He had me bring out the picture of the spoon and the recorder…
Then they all agreed they loved each other and that they would work things out and another Johnny came out yelling Cut and saying that was a wrap and that I had done an amazing job. He told me I could now take Johnny with me as a companion…. I screamed and ran away. I am currently hiding on the moon. I have no Idea if I am “safe.” But there is no way in hell anything from this world is coming with me… except doggie he is cool and sounds like Patrick Stewart.

When I wikidove to write the customization table, I'm pretty sure I spoiled most major plot points for myself, so it's alright.

I have a feeling what you're talking about has to do with the bit about Mobile Armor's triggering the Alaya-Vijana's safety system, right? Mikazuki is gonna override it and put himself in a wheelchair or something. As for actual progress in the show, I'm current watching episode 32, with the hamfisted manipulation and bureaucratic bullshit.

Also Grazes are the best.

I'm working on Xenoblade X again.

If you have no other perks, it boosts your base healing rate. Not /completely/ useless on it's own. And there is another regen perk in the jump.

The 100 cp perks i'm working on right now are all based on the division bonuses, which range from healing boosts to damage boosts, and even a 'get more reward money' boost.

It's 1/4 more effective than normal.

You want a perk that needs perks from other jumps to work?

Ugh.

Bodacious Babes

Can't wait for this bro

The two jumps I want to see the most are one for the Mass Effect X Deus Ex:Hr fanfic Mass Effect: Human Revolution. And the other the Sufficient Velocity quest Battle Action Harem Highschool Side Character Quest.

The fanfic is the type of thing that needs to be completed before a jump could be made. The quest on the other hand could maybe have a jump made now because of the background notes the author has posted.

user, you made me sad that AdmiralAnon isn't around to update his Deus Ex jump for Mankind Divided.

Grunts are always best.

This

>When I wikidove to write the customization table
Oh, you're working on a jump of your own? Awesome, I was just spitballing random ideas and probably wasn't going to do anything for another month or so at best. Waiting for it to be done, you know. But if you've already started, power to you.

Yeah, that's what happens. He also does the whole "override limiters for huge power boost" thing he did against Graze Ein. Unlimited AV system is wicked fast, we're talking fast enough to look like teleportation if you're not also using one. It's pretty cool. Aside from that, though, don't expect the Hashmal fight to be that great. There were some majorly disappointing beats to that fight. Like mobile suits apparently being completely immune to beam weapons, despite everything we've heard about Nanolaminate indicating that an energy weapon should tear through it. The best explanation I've been able to come up with for it is that since Nanolaminate is strengthened by Ahab Particles, and that's probably what the beam was made of, the beam strengthened the armor in proportion to its damage and that's why it does literally no damage.

And yes, Grazes are the best. I rather like the Shiden too, though. Pretty good grunt design.

Oh, Battle Action Harem Side Character is pretty great, even if the tagline ("No SV, YOU are the waifu!") hasn't really been that true. We've mostly not interacted with the "protagonist".

>love for the Graze
This pleases me.

>user reveals he's an SV-er
Fucking scum.

Everyone loves the Graze. It got a bit annoying for a while when half the mobile suits in the show were Graze variants, but the second season's introduced enough other mobile suit frame types that it's regained its appeal. It's like chocolate ice cream. It's great, but you want there to be other types just so you have some contrast with which to appreciate its greatness.

(So forewarning, I've never played Blazing Blade or Binding Blade. What I've got here is just what information I've looked up.)

Well, this is a great way to start a new adventure. The jump just began, and I've already got someone taking care of me. Waking up, I'm met with a young woman who's apparently been looking after me after she found me unconscious in some field. We introduce ourselves (her name is Lyndis, apparently), and apparently she was recently orphaned by a bandit attack. Well, I'm not letting that stand, so in gratitude for her assistance I decide to ask her if she wants to journey with me, which she happily agrees to. And then who else should show up but a legion of bandits? Identical bandits. All of them. Ignoring this, we quickly make short work of the nefarious group, and head off to the nearest town. And there are a lot of bandits on the way there. Seriously, why are there so many bandits? And why do they all look alike? I ask Lyn about it, and she just sort of shrugs. That's just apparently a thing around here.

When we finally arrive, we meet a duo of knights, who claim that Lyn is the heir to the throne of Caelin. However, this has made her a target for her grandfather's brother, who seeks the throne. While such a thing seems absurd, Sain and Kent seem like good, honest men, so we take them along with us. The exact moment we leave, we are accosted by a group of bandits, however this time, it seems they have a leader with them. I could tell this by the fact that his outfit was of a different color compared to their's. Apparently, the Bandits are one, absolutely MASSIVE family, all brothers. I...don't know how that works, but it does. He proceeded to introduce his brothers to use:

"This is Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, Olaf, don't forget Olaf and Olaf, that's Olaf, Olaf and the Olafs, and...um...oh, right! Olaf! And I am-"

"Olaf?"

"No, Gordon!"

>Mass Effect X Deus Ex:Hr fanfic Mass Effect: Human Revolution

Oh, you mean "Humanity are a Bunch of Fucking Cunts: The Story"?

What do you expect me to do when /qst/ is such a shithole? I had to get my fix somewhere, man. I'm desperate.

You could always use Veeky Forumschan :^)

Humanity may be a bunch of cunts but the tech is really cool.

5. Horror Movies
Hunter (900)
Brave
Experience
Slayer (700)
Instinct (500)
Pain Resistant (300)
Sometimes Dead Is Better (100)
Bleeder (0)
Hunter Freebies
Holy Chainsaw (-200)
1958 Plymouth Fury (-400)
Pedophobia, Poltergeist, Faces In Places (0)

Not much to write here; we did the standard hunt monsters routine that we've done since Van Helsing.

That being said, I've been tossing around ideas for a short (maybe 2-3 chapters) bit of writefagging where I hunt down and fight pic related. Would anyone be interested in Jumper vs Jason?

I wrote the customization table a looong while back and finished it for whomever it was that posted a while back about it. I don't have much for the main jump other than.

>Cruddy Mars AV
>Proper Earth AV (capstone boosters? Mars version at a discount?)
>Ridiculous Abs (like holy shit are you serious guys)
>Standard 100/200cp MS engineering perk, then a perk for counteracting jamming and a perk for designing modular systems.
>Pilots/Human Debris/whatever the equivalent origin has an EXTREME-AP perk that's all about shredding armor.

And that's all I got.

>Immune to beam weapons
I saw that on the wiki, and it really just sounds like more wank to make their armor system work in the series, although part of me wonders if it's supposed to be the same as the 'lel no lasers' coating MS's have in UC?

All of the other non-Geirall line suits just serve to make the simple and sleek look of the Graze better in comparison.

Although seriously all the fatso suits are hilarious.

I've also got my first five builds for this run if anyone wants to see them: pastebin.com/8DBY7hrY

Oh, alright. Still, cool to know that other people are thinking about making a jump for it. As much as I might bitch about the problems it has, I actually do enjoy it. It's just the curse of the nerd, to complain incessantly about the things we like most.

Honestly, Nanolaminate armor causes more problems for the series than it solves, I think. You'll see it a few episodes after the Hashmal fight, the use of Nanolaminate armor on warships is going to cause a bunch of plot holes in rapid succession.

Yeah it is pretty great. It's a superior version of Infinite Stratos and the Valkyrie cores are very impressive and useful

I really like it too. Low-tech Gundam has a lot of appeal to me, especially with how they try to avoid MS's walking like how they do in UC and the others. Since that makes them more dependent on a supply chain and not 'lel nuclear power lasts forever' mecha, it's got a much more military feel. Using solid rounds really just seems like an aesthetic choice at the end of the day to make it feel more 'gritty' compared to UC's sleek ships and clean multi-colored space lasers/particle weapons.

Plus, the soundtrack is really good.

Oh boy, I always knew that shit with the ramming would come back to haunt us even if it was awesome.

Can you choose different sources for purchased powers in EMH?

And are the limits on Seer more based on nature (like how the Infinity Gems are manifestations of various universal aspects) than power? Can they be overcome with perks that enhance their source?

Sounds as if you might be able to write a jump for it.

Reduce it to a fine powder and snort it off a Dark Eldar's ass.
I stole Taco Bell's recipe. Now all across the multiverse there are Taco Bells galore.

Jumper can top my record of 4 minutes 28 seconds to finish a Taco 12 pack.
Supernatural Demon Background.

>going Supernatural demon
>being an edgy tool who was tortured into that role and only wants to torture others
>being a knock-off Apostle ever

Into the bin with being an Apostle.

>Since that makes them more dependent on a supply chain and not 'lel nuclear power lasts forever' mecha, it's got a much more military feel
You know the funny thing? Despite them needing to resupply on ammo and propellant, their power plants literally do last forever. If you look at the tech profiles, Ahab Reactors are perpetual motion machines in the most genuine sense. They both produce energy ex nihilo, and can not be shut down. They're indestructible, too, you can't break one. The most you can do is put it into sleep mode so its power generation dwindles to a trickle. These are some insane super-tech, and their existence kind of mandates that the setting be a post-apocalyptic one. If people retained an understanding of the physics behind them, it would be a very different setting.

Oh, well that's excusable then. SV has a pretty good quest section.

The rest of the site is utter dildos though.

I honestly wouldn't know, I only go there for the quest board. I've heard bad things, but I stick to quests and it hasn't done me wrong yet.

Go ahead, it's just fluff.

No, Seer is based on power, like it says. I'm not sure what you mean by that second part about perks.

There a lot of background posted for it but I have a feeling that if the quest continues there be some twists and reveals down the line. But I do have the feeling that if someone wanted to make a jump for it the author of the quest might help out a little if asked.

Good. Your instincts serve you well.

Keep that innocence.

but muh soul form

fair enough

I think Lyn and Kent were in physical pain, judging by the look on their face. Sain looked like he was taking it better, and I was dying of laughter. Anyway, we did battle with Gordon and the legion of Olafs, and were victorious. Gordon fled with the remaining Olafs, swearing vengeance, and we continued on your journey.

After this, we arrived at a local shrine, in order to pray for success. Soon, however, the shrine came under attack by a group of mercenaries, who we managed to fight off. The priest allowed Lyn to touch the holy sword Mani Katti as a reward, and it turned out that she was the only one who could wield it. The priest told her to keep it, and we set out on our journey.

From there on, we gained many new allies:
>Florina, a Pegasuses Rider and Lyn's childhood friend, a shy and kind young lady
>An archer named Wil, who was battling a squad of Olafs. He seems fairly normal on the outside, but seems to be hiding something...
>Dorcas, an axeman who was working with the Olafs to earn money for his sick wife
>Serra and Erk, an obnoxious priestess and her exasperated bodyguard
>Rath, an exiled tribesman who helped us when the forces of the grandfather's brother attacked us
>Two young sibling performers named Nils and Ninian, who are being pursued by a group known as the Black Fang
>Wallace, a knight recruited by the grandbrother to kill Lyn who decided to join us instead.

Eventually, we reached the grandbrother's stronghold, and helped Lyn to overthrow him, reuniting with her grandfather and having a happy ending...or so it would seem.

Should I continue this? It seems to be dragging on a bit...

>The rest of the site is utter dildos though
That's an understatement.

>but muh soul form
INTO THE FUCKING BIN.

Kamen Rider Femme / Miho Kirishima [300] - The only female Rider in the War, Miho is a con-artist and swindler who happily uses her charms to seduce wealthy men before running off with their valuables. Despite this, she is not without compassion - though she is determined to win the War at all costs, acts of kindness or reason do resonate with her, and she joined the War in the first place to resurrect her deceased sister, who had been murdered by Asakura Takeshi. Needless to say, she has a very apparent grudge and murderous intent towards Ouja as a result. Her Advent Deck is fairly balanced, having both a Sword and a Guard Vent, and her Mirror Monster is the swan-like Blancwing.

Allying with her is probably easiest if you don’t have much in the way of material wealth and a lot of bull-headed but good-hearted compassion to you. Actually convincing her to stop fighting may be well impossible, however. Maybe if you work around this somehow…?

So, it's based on power why? Is that limit at least removed post-Spark? It seems incredibly weird for something to be based on pure power and not nature. Being "at one" with the universe would make sense, but just having it based on power would literally just mean that your power is restricting yourself to not be able to find things. I mean, the Infinity Gauntlet in EMH never did anything above street-level, the gems even less. So stuff like entirely mundane stars (and the Death Star) are blocked because.. reasons, I guess? Or were the Infinity Gems much more impressive than anything that was shown.

By perks I meant if magic boosting perks and similar things allow you to get past the restrictions.

Gjallarhon is noted to still be developing the reactors, but it's noted several times that they've just slowly had more and more funding stripped away from them over the years. Hell, the Graze Ein is a old prototype they dug up out of storage.

If it's a prototype they made years and years ago with a skeleton crew keeping it maintained, imagine the complacency that reveals. It's a GRAZE. But it's also an old ass prototype. The Graze must've been in service for decades by the time of the series and all of the Graze variants probably mean they're just not developing new Frames at all. Hell, everytime someone needs a better Frame, they dig up a Gundam Frame or slap the AV into an existing one.

But yeah, what I was more getting at is the idea that they treat 'walking' much more realistically as something that can only really supplement proper thruster-powered combat. Those scenes of Zakus sprinting across the plains on Earth from UC and Seed are just fucking ridiculous.

Also, from my current watching, a rough idea fora +100 drawback:

>Adults are Idiots
>Makes every adult a bonafide moron. This includes MacGillis and people like Orga once they hit 19 years old. Enjoy everything going down in flames since they're going to treat children like children. This also applies to you.

Or some other permutation of the 'Adults are Useless/Idiots/Etc' that they've got going on. Maybe a mutually exclusive reverse version? 'Adults are Geniuses/Children are Idiots' that makes the reverse true.

Hey, Heavens, once the gauntlet is finished, how long will we stay in this world? If there's time before I leave after I gain my powers back, I could probably use resurrection magic to bring her sister back.

Well, it'd be worth it for a better Mass Effect jump. Calling the current one "subpar"... would be shortchanging subpar.

So what are some good Mobile Armors? Specifically Universal Century since you can get one there.

OMCE THE BIG ZAM IS MASS PRODUCED

And now we get to the crux of it all. Dragonball wasn't enough.

Not sure yet. I was thinking you get like an 'epilogue' of about a week to a year to spend in the world once things are said and done. Or go straight to Blade when I/someone else makes it.

Assuming you didn't Henderson the plot hard enough and break the universe into the Dragon Knight ending, anyhow.

OK THANKS FOR SHARING

Oh, Gjallarhorn knows how to build them, but they clearly don't understand the tech any better than anyone else. That's why they keep pulling out old Gundam Frames whenever they need a super unit, no one knows how to mount two Ahab Reactors on one mobile suit without their proximity causing weird feedback effects. And as I recall, the Graze was developed right after the Calamity War according to its box, so that still makes its design about three centuries old. The only people making new mobile suit frames (or new frame designs, at least, I'm pretty sure Gjallarhorn at least has the capabilities to replace their destroyed frames) are Teiwaz. But they can't make new Ahab Reactors, so... People being stuck in the past is very much one of IBO's themes, I think, and having all of the tech be just scavenged and modified antiques works for that well.

As for walking vs hover-skating, I get what you mean. It's nice when a mobile suit actually makes use of the "mobile" part. There are too many Gundam series where they just sort of stand around and awkwardly shuffle. Personally, I'd like a bit more use of the legs, there are some fights where they're almost entirely skating and I think it could be improved by some jumping or whatever. But it's still a nice aesthetic.

And that drawback is good. A mutually-exclusive inverse would also be nice, it would be refreshing to see some acknowledgement that teenagers aren't normally the best at things like tactics or strategy.

Rafflesia and OH HEY, BIG ZAM.

Psyco Gundam and Neo Zeong are also good.

That sounds good.

>spoiler
And that sounds hilarious.

Look, it was made during a time when tanking tanks was impressive. There are probably going to be limits, even if they don't make the most sense.

Best Game Grumps one off.

Big Zam?

There's basically no such thing as a 'mass produced Mobile Armor' EXCEPT FOR BIG ZAM BEFORE IT'S TITLE WAS STOLEN.

Each Mobile Armor is... essentially it's own unique construction, which makes the option more of a create-your-own one.

That aside, though, the standard types are Zeon/Neo-Zeong sorts that are big multi-armed affairs with no legs and a sort of beetle shape. BIG ZAM would fall under that general category. Then there's things like the Shamblo, which is more of a traditional tank in that it rolls on treads and can't fly.

After that, there's the transformable-types, which tend to either transform between a sort of clam-looking shape and a more humanoid form (that weird Guntank offshoot falls under there). Then there's the multi-form MA's like the Apsalus, which are basically giant generators and guns strapped to modular ports that you can plug MORE GUNS into.

It should be noted that a lot of MSs are listed as having a 'Mobile Armor' form. That's... kind of a misnomer, they're not really MAs in the true sense unless they combine with additional pieces in that form like the ZZ Gundam (which was also noted to be kind of a piece of shit). It mostly comes from trying to find a name for them that isn't 'plane mode'. You can see it all throughout Gundam. Neo-Bird mode. Flight mode. Waverider mode. Shit like that.

There are better mecha but oh hey big zam.

It's based off power because it made sense at the time, and the only things that it can't find (the examples being Galactus and the Infinity Stones) are in the mid/upper cosmic side of things so it felt like a good benchmark to use. I don't really care about what happens post-spark, so if you want those limits to go away then that's fine, and I guess magic boosters might be able to get past those limitations depending on how much they boost.

BIG ZAM

The Dendrobium. It was designed as a one-man army/space superiority Mobile Armor. It's also piloted using a Gundam, the Stamen, that detach to act independently.

A not!Gundam from one of the Gundam Series. It's super huge.

Oh, man, where to start. Universal Century Gundam loves its mobile armors. There's the Big Zam, of course. But as memetic as it is, that thing's kind of a piece of shit that only was successful because it was the One Year War and mobile weapon tech wasn't so good yet. Powerful, but had no defense against melee or non-beam weapons, was very slow, and it could only operate for about twenty minutes at a time before it overheated.

The next big mobile armor is the Neue Ziel, from Stardust Memories. Zeon's had a couple years to work out the kinks, and it's much better. Same power, far more mobile, can actual do melee, and doesn't overheat. It still isn't great against non-beam weapons, that's what ultimately brings it down, but such is life.

Between then and Zeta Gundam, the Titans (having assimilated all the old Zeon design bureaus) do a lot of experiments with mobile armors, making some cool modular designs that can be configured for anything you need. Lots of power, very versatile, but not too durable. The Inle remains one of my favorite designs from an aesthetic standpoint, though. But they go back to the drawing board, and develop the Psyco Gundam, a cross between a mobile suit and a mobile armor. This thing is awesome, slower than a mobile suit but pretty agile and fast for a mobile armor, and its weapons and defenses are solid. Rather than huge mega-guns it goes for lots of little ones to dominate a battlefield. Plus, it being humanoid but as big as a mobile armor makes it look really cool. They refine this into the Psyco Gundam Mk. II, which fixes all the problems the original had. Amazing defense, better speed, and it is literally made of guns.

>cont.

Maybe I can try picking this guy over- oh look it's Big Zam.

Super Mecha is the worst genre.

On the topic of timing, how much time do you have between the start of DBZ and Raditz arriving, if you're going straight into it from DB? The drawbacks seem to indicate the transition would happen at the start of the year, giving you about ten months before he show up (the wiki says he arrives in October). Is that right?

>Personally, I'd like a bit more use of the legs, there are some fights where they're almost entirely skating and I think it could be improved by some jumping or whatever.
They seem to be intent on preserving it for AV FULL THRRROOTTLE shit. You saw it with Eins and Mikazuki back in S1, you see it when Mikazuki's fighting in S2, but those are generally clusterfucks so you don't see it as much. Which is dumb, especially if it's more efficient to put some of your infinite electrical power to use and take some of the strain off your thrusters. Even MacGillis and the other non-AV aces don't do it. Whether that's because of trying to make Mikazuki look like a messiah or probably a demon, judging from his theme or whatever, I don't know.

...Man, that reminds me of the early Code Geass fights, before they got Float Units and started shoving the chess motify down our throats. Had some really great stuff with the rollerskates and bounding off of walls using the slash harkens and shit.

Following that, we've got some strong but not too notable mobile armors used during the various resurgent Zeon factions of the UC 90s. The Alpha Azeiru and Shamblo are strong, but nothing special. The Sleeves do deploy the monstrous Neo-Zeong (at least in the Unicorn movie series, it's not in the books) that is rather insane, though. Ridiculously huge, lots of guns, lots of arms for some reason, fast, durable, has hacking tendrils that let it make a zombie army out of the mobile suits it defeats, and has a "Psyco-Shard Generator" that can warp reality to manipulate entropy! This is probably the best you're going to get in terms of mobile armors.

Following this, mobile armors kind of fall out of favor. Mobile suit design trends towards small and agile builds, and with that the bulky mobile armors are left by the wayside. The Crossbone Vanguard builds the Rafflesia about twenty years later, but aside from it the most you'll get are the weird experimental designs that the Jovians work with. Some of them are cool just for how weird they look, but nothing too amazing.

Oh wait, there is one final mobile armor in Victory, that's right. The...Doggorla, I want to say? Zanscare names all kind of blur together for me. But it's this big serpent made of modular parts that can detach and join back together for either battlefield repairs or splitting into multiple units. That one's cool.

If you're doing the straight transitional period, you get two years of extra time in DB as it leads into the events of DBZ, where the events of your new/continued background are meant to unfold. So you have that plus the time you mentioned (which is correct, I believe) to get ready - more than enough to survive the initial hurdle of the Saiyan Saga.

They're not even talking about Super mecha.

>Not mentioning Sentinel, not mentioning the MSVs in between.

Fucking Jovians

Man, early Code Geass was awesome. Even after Float Units showed up, there was still an emphasis on using terrain. Flight was used for rapid repositioning much like the other mobility options on a Knightmare Frame, rather than the entire fight taking place just hovering in mid-air with no good frames of reference for speed or agility.