40k General

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=783slFWP61M [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the best legion
8th

Still looking for advice on my 3000pt IG list.

Second for Emprah

For the God of the Dead and his Prohet

Hey anons, my Raptors came in the mail today!

Any tips for building and painting them? Anything I should leave off?

How to competitively Black Legion, Veeky Forums?

>tfw Guilliman has two models and your Primarch has none

So how is this for an Iron Warriors style army at 1850?

That's a funny looking 3.

Counts-as Death Guard.

Black Legion rules don't really do much, and their detachment is a trap (sure, "I can kinda pretend that I have drop pods" is a neat rule, but there's way too much non-deep strike tax involved and no ObSec hurts).

>tfw your airbrush lets you basecoat all of your armies tanks in a single sitting
Even blackwash isn't cheating this much
Shit Im gonna start airbrushing blackwash.

I think you should ask /wip/

Speartip strike and Null Deploy. But you'll still lose so just play Space Marines and call them Black Legion.

What legion, user?

:^(

Legion 3 (Ultra Marines) is truly best.

Veeky Forums, why did you chose your army? Was it the lore, the rules, or maybe just the aesthetic?

Raptors have MkIV helmets and jump packs, and thats really cool.
I prefer Mk7/8 jump packs though.

Good point.

Khornate XVII.

what am I not seeing?

EC and UM switched numbers.

Raptor Talon.

Despite the shitty rules, Black Legion does have access to the Cyclopean Cabal which is really good. Put them all on bikes and run away with psyker spam.

Also, something I've been meaning to try out with my Night Lords colored Black Legion is a Sorcerer on disk with the Crucible of Lies. Gives him a 3++ re-rolling 1's and allows him to jump shoot jump with psychic powers.

Good point.

Khornate XVII.

>Ultramarines
>3rd legion
>World Eaters
>Same colors as the Dark Angels

Black Templars and AdMech. Though I chose Black Templars back in like 4th or 5th when they still had their codex, because of fluff, aesthetic and playstyle, stopped playing/collecting for years and only came back last year to see them in the sorry state they're in right now.
Had to get into some other army, since I refused to run my Templars as another chapter just to have a chance at my local tournaments, so I picked up some AdMech stuff since I really like the way they look and play.

>Night Lords
>Moody Blue

emotions had paints back in the day?

Spray them green, and don't add any more paint.
Instead, just start sticking tufts and shit all over them.
Voila, done.

Do the same with your biggest models. Especially Forge World models.

It'll look great. You'll be great.

>first start learning about 40k
>interested in slaaneshi stuff - hey, sex and rock and roll? noise marines wield electric guitars?
>learn more
>everything is to stupid excess
>noise marines now just have sound cannons
>meh.

>also interested in ork stuff - hey, brilliantly stupid monsters? gestalt field letting them turn any piece of trash into killing weapons that shred even spess mahren armor?
>all their stuff is designed the same because genetic memory
>aesthetic isn't by default nearly that trashy
>meh

>find out about dark eldar
>edgelords who found out they doomed the universe, almost completely wiped out their race, and put a timer on their existence by their constant lives of fucking, drugs, and debauchery?
>then continued their lives of debauchery and started feeding on pain?
>and they live lives of pure edge, raping, pillaging, and injecting mass amounts of cocaine?
>fuck yes
>fluff-wise, they're covered in spikes, human skin
>fuck yes
>and crunch wise, they're glass cannons
And that's how I became a dark eldar player.

The prince is a waste without ML 3 and a spell familiar. Iron Warriors can take obliterators as troops, so there is no point in having cultists, laspreds are just a disapointment, same for defilers. Drop the extra armor on the defiler if you really want to take it, Daemonic Possession does the same job for free, also drop the lascannon, firing the battlecannon makes al other shots snap fire, and shooting the las first to get around that isn't allowed. On the helbrute, just keep the PF, the thunder hammer really doesn't add much. Switch the forgefiends for maulerfiends, they work much better and cost less, bs 3 with 3 small blasts misses the target way too much. Heldrake really should have the baleflamer, its vector strike is a better AA than the gun. Get some havoks, they are troops as well and autocannon havocs are pretty useful. Make sure you magnetize the defiler and fiends for transportation and to switch loadouts

I started Eldar - particularly Alatioc in early 3rd because I really enjoyed going to tournaments and playing competitively. I've stuck with the army over time even as my taste in the hobby has changed (moving more towards building and painting).

I had three armies at the time, wanted to play Black Templar, but wanted to try the new psychic phase, and was mildly curious about the Horus Heresy. But what really sold me on my current army was the silly looking bat wings on all their helmets.

What about pouches? The Contemptor has a lot of room for them.

who are you quoting

myself.

I liked the idea of harlequins and thought I could paint them up really cool.

No, but they had some pretty great bands.

Aesthetic

It was Eldar

>What is the most evil faction in the game?

I'm brand-new to this, but I was instantly drawn to the Imperial Guard just because I admire/find amusing the sheer amount of balls necessary to be a normal human in this grimdark universe, with shit armour and shit guns, and fight anyway.

I just like the little guys.

Anybody got the Genestealer Cults pdf?

Welcome to it, Kabalite! Here's hoping we get a few new character models with this "2 year long campaign to move the story forward".

> Getting meme mentions when I'm not even on the thread yet.
> Especially when someone asks about chaos raptors
Stay salty Veeky Forums.

Anyone have the craft world eldar codex epud? I can only find the PDF in the link op provided.

Never mind, found it.

you wish, all we're getting is more ynnari. Who cares if the Deldar have zero lords of war?

the dark eldar are the most evil faction though.

There is rumors of vect returning

Kek.

Saw a lot of Texanons last thread. Houston reporting in!

Imperial guard
>the lore
can be kind of cool but has a nasty habit of being grimderp
>the rules
Not nearly diverse enough, they don't really make much of an attempt to match the lore.
>the A E S T H E T I C
pic related.

>>What is the most evil faction in the game?

But that's not the Dark Eldar. Dark Eldar are just as bad as Slaanesh, but unlike Slaaneshi worshipers they do what they do purely because they can, rather than as a form of worship.

Fort Worth, reporting in.
I'm gonna stop shitposting so I can finish this damn Venom tonight.

I'll probably end up living in Houston once I graduate from school so I'll be a Texanon soon.

If it's any consolation, the latest one's a steaming pile of "quantity over quality"-grade dogshit.

I chose Tau because I liked their look

Come at me

It was a tie between Tau, Orks, Necrons, and Admech

Space city niggas? On MY Veeky Forums?

It's more likely than you think.

Pic related is literally Houston in two pictures. This is it. It encapsulates everything about Houston in all its glory.

I loved Death Korps before I ever even really knew what 40k was. Aesthetically, but moreso fluffwise--who nukes their own planet? Now I'm actually starting to learn to play, and find out they're FW only which makes me sad.

Hey anons GGA here just got Escalation and have been painting up some Conscripts hopefully to get a game in Sunday what about you lads? Any games or batreps you can share with the thread? Any sexy models too anons? And I'm stuck on either a Baneblade or Shadowsword what do you think thread?

>GK as first army
Fluff and aesthetics, those models...and PALADINS IN SPACE.

>Tau
I loved everything, models, aesthetic, fluff, rules.

>Dark Eldar
The BEST models hands down. Insanely good fluff. Sure our rules are pretty dinky right now, but at least I'll look good dying.

Random question:
I was looking to edit my 1850 list based on recommendations, and I noticed the corpsethief claw list isn't letting me give the taloses ichor injectors or heat lances.

Is this because it's a formation from a codex supplement, or is it just a list-builder error?

What does the store owner even do in this situation?

>"sorry pal, pick up some Guard or get out."

I don't know, I think you can fit some for traffic into that picture. What's worse is all the best lgs' are more than 40 min from where I live. I do have a GW "only" 30 min from me, and the black shirt is a pretty cool dude.

>I do have a GW "only" 30 min from me, and the black shirt is a pretty cool dude.

Is it the one in Cinco Ranch?

So many Dark Eldar players - nothing more fun than running 30 reavers and doing way better than people think you will.

List builder error

Shadowsword. Casemates are sexy.

Its an Army Builder error. That said I'd go Haywires on the tails.

Haven't actually bought into the army yet, but I settled on Slaaneshi Daemons because of aesthetics, Seekers and Fiends in particular. On the table I'd like a fast-moving, assaulty army so they sound like a good fit in that department as well.

>who nukes their own planet?
hmmm

I'm sure the store owner wouldn't care, but it's more the fact they're literally twice the price and to make a true infantry meatgrinder like I feel would do them justice, would add up in a hurry. Do Death Korps even have seperate rules btw? Like I said I literally bought my first box of minis within this last week. Bought an Astra Militarum codex and it mentions different regiments, but it looks like it's 100% aesthetics.

I got into CSM/Khorne Daemonkin because
>love melee armies regardless of era
>love CSM aesthetic
>blood tithe points system in the new KDK book is actually a really cool idea
>daemons and marines working together in one unit as they should be instead of being split into separate codices

Plus, everything about Khorne is badass.

>What does the store owner even do in this situation?
>>"sorry pal, pick up some Guard or get out."

From my experience, it's not the store owner so much as the players who frequent the store so much they think they also run the store. THOSE guys are the dicks who try to bring their home rules into the rest of the store.

Also, if it's a FW-only army, I can't imagine any store who'd tell you to put it away purely because it's Death Korps rather than Cadians.

alright, in that case I'll keep using the chain-flails and haywire blasters in order to think out point costs.

any particular reason? it's not as strong as the heat lance, and if the talos isn't even far enough to melta the enemy, I'm probably going to Run them.

Relic game tomorrow.

Goal is to get the Tzaangor blobs Forewarning for a 3++

Random Khorne formation is because it looks fun, plus a few challenge fights and/or they all die means free Bloodthirster

Space Marines. Because Dawn of War was fucking awesome.

And because Tyranids looked like they needed too many models. Jokes on me I have like 200 marines now.

hoodies
and I'd like to point out I was a dark angels player before they were cool and still an edition behind

Since there's Texanons here, are there also any Germanons?

If there are, where're you guys at? Bavaria reporting in.

What you guys working on?

From a pure AV stand point Haywire is infinitely better than the heat lance. I run them as Haywire because basically you scout, then you move 6" and you present a serious threat to any vehicle while you advance.

Give them flamers, and take 20 of them. Then drop them in the hounds of abaddon.

Bit of everything, really. I'm an aggressive, and proud person. I was raised by airmen, and love to really dive into strategy and tactics while keeping this stupid with sci-fi. So I chose Black Legion.

I can't tell which of these are memes and which of these are trolls. I'm really interested in the logic of the Talon though, and have also seen the Cabal troll the fuck out of people.

Making Guard into Squats for Killteam.

Death Korps have their own army list in Forge World's Siege of Vraks book, alongside the Lost and the Damned Traitor Guard.

>tfw would play KdK if it had VotLW and could make it a WB detachment
>tfw wrote up a KdK list and realized I had no Daemons other than DP and Maulerfiends

alright, going off recommendations from the last thread, I edited my list.

thoughts?
the corpsethief taloses are all equipped with ichor injectors, and 3 have heat lances.

yeah, but isn't the real value of taloses getting them into assault range?

These are some updates from whatever Imperial Armour book their in.

I've heard them described as Close Combat Guard.

I said I'd stop posting while I paint, but I just keep coming back...

Almost done with pic related. Just need to do some details and the guns.

Are the GW carry cases okay for transporting raiders?

All of this shit. Assembled and magnetized the first 3 Kataphrons I need today, gonna pick up the other 3 from my store tomorrow most likely. Need to get this all finished until the 4th and don't have an airbrush for the Crawler. Gonna be a bit of a challenge.

I like that list much better - feels more targeted and sharper. And yes the best use is of them in combat but with the Haywire blasters you present a credible threat for armies that want to run away from you. One of the primary strategies of dealing with a CTC is to avoid it so giving them Haywire blasters makes them a credible AT platform from turn one on.

so would you say it's worth cutting the klaivex to give the taloses all haywire blasters?

My list does exactly what you expect... Not even Ynnead can save me.

Yeah, the army is surprisingly daemon heavy. I'm just starting it out and I already know I'm gonna need at least two full packs of bloodletters, a prince and at least one bloodthirster, to say nothing of the larger daemons and daemon engines like fiends and the laser turkey. Right now I've just got a ten man squad of CSM, ten bloodletters and a juggerlord. On the one hand, you get to summon more and more daemons the more ass you kick. On the other hand, you need to have those extra daemons on hand to put on the table...

I use Raptors talons with two meltas and a combi-melta. Their shit at everything I put them to. The attached Chaos Lord at least gets to pick and choose his target.

>Who nukes their own planet
Us.
I think death korp manages is a good example of grimdark though, they're dark because they're filled with shame and self sacrifice and they're sent off to wars where they face unavoidably huge amounts of attrition because of their past, They're well equipped and have those artificial wombs too.
Most of the guard get their grimdarkness from the idea that "look, we're just retarded and have worthless commanders and morale officers.
A human life is somehow easier to produce than a lasgun"

Gonna work on some Dire Avengers later in the week. I'm excited

Thank you anons! Also, Close Combat Guard is hilarious and I would have a blast playing that even if I lose, I think.

I have to add to my harlequin army making it ynnarri. I think some wraith guard will look great in my color scheme

Making them into what?

I'd def. look for the points - I think I'd drop the blasters in the raider squads since they're basically nice ObSec choices with re-rolling shots and the blaster doesn't take advantage of splinter racks. That gives you 30 points there.

Yeah, but two low-yield atomic bombs are nothing compared to Krieg taking their hands of the Dead Mans Switch and basically nuking the entire surface of the planet to uninhabitable ash.