>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>The_Long_Game_Investing_Like_a_Dragon.knwsft
>the_runner_that_won_the_endless_game.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 345 (45% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'we have been at it for years we need a retirement scheme'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running fade_to_back.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Character Development Edition
What are your plans after character generation? What would be a satisfying end to your favorite character's story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajF2NOuYkjk
youtube.com/watch?v=nwJeiLtFqw8
youtube.com/watch?v=g5ePHHDMRms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GM is working with me on custom tradition of Prison Magic. Drain stat is BOD. Allows use when in mage hood or other magic limiters. Half of all drain is physical, though. Thoughts?

I'm going to up my magic and be a better adept.

End game? Live long enough to spread my music and become famous, I suppose. Also to kick a flying helicopter.

Sounds interesting. It'll kill you eventually, but you also split your wound modifiers. Having a drain stat of BOD might be a little ridiculous if you're an ork, troll, or dorf though.

Adepts have WIL+BOD, but I'd be wary of snowflake traditions with special rules. Those work better as qualities. Physical drain is irrelevant if you don't suffer any and with WIL+BOD you'll have lots of health levels anyway, especially as a Mystic Adept.

That has the potential to make Troll mages seriously overpowered.

What would be your Must-Haves cyberware in an Inspector Gadget themed character? There is so much, that I can't decide.

Telescopic limbs obviously, builtin Toolkits and every sort of cyber finger.

How racist is Japan in the setting?

You mean against metas or against other humans?
For the former, used to be worse but still pretty bad. Lots of shunning, etc. but Yomi isn't a thing anymore.
As to the latter, no idea.

Pragmatically racist. They despise metas and foreigners, but they'll still hire them to do their dirty work.

Mage sight cable. Keep a spool of it that extends from your finger, and add in a universal data connector on the end. It's myomeric, so you can snake around to plug into devices from a distance, or use it to pull distant items to you.

Normal stuff would be lots of athletic boosts, grapple hand, drone eye, laser emitters, lighter finger, smoke screen launchers.

Dildo knees.

You can thank me later

youtube.com/watch?v=ajF2NOuYkjk

Nigga I'm the one that linked that shit to you in the first place

You gotta make it so you always take one box of both physical and stun damage despite your drain roll.

This goes to show that the mage is over exerting himself in a dangerous way. Maybe make it so that a metamagic gets rid of the stun damage.

>the year 2061, and the GM doesn't want us to play mages

I unironically want to play in your group.
We are always playing with rotating Players (depending on who has time) and the best sessions have always been the one with no mages at the table.

Speaking from experience playing one:

Grapple hand, magnet system, smuggling compartments, hydraulic jacks

other cool stuff:
Telescopic limbs but they can be a bit weak
Renraku Scuttler, the Drone that is basically your hand detached
the horizon eyeball drone
Maybe modular cyberlimbs?
Move-by-wire for the Skillwires if you can convince your GM to use the german rules for the skilljack (only 1000 Nuyen per rating, fix essence cost of 0,1).
If you can't its probably not worth it though.

One of my friends is trying to make a decker that uses drones to help him out during combat/scouting. I'm a bit rusty on my rigging/decking knowledge, so I wanted to ask, is it possible, and viable, to rig with a cyberdeck, and if so, what is the difference between that and rigging with an RCC?

You rig with a Vehicle Control Rig.

The deck sits off to the side, and for the most part, the RCC sits off to the side, too.

It's only when you want to switch to rigging another vehicle slaved to the RCC that it makes any difference to how you rig - you can jump between them easier.

Elves are ok, but the rest of the metas are fucked.

I may have asked the wrong question. From what I can tell, vehicles/drones can be controlled and slaved to a cyberdeck, but you can't "jump into" the vehicle/drone unless you have a VCR or an RCC. If that's right, how can a cyberdeck control drones, and is it viable to do so? As well, can someone who uses a cyberdeck see what his drones are seeing, such as if a decker had a Fly-Spy slaved to his deck? Finally, how can someone swap between an RCC and a cyberdeck he's datajacked into quickly?

Sorry for being so obviously ill-versed on this shit, I've been pouring over internet forums and rulebooks and I'm getting some seriously conflicting answers.

>unless you have a VCR or an RCC
*Just* the former.

>If that's right, how can a cyberdeck control drones
Same way anyone else controls a drone - via remote operation with Control Device matrix actions.

>Slaving devices
This does one positive thing - when your slave device is attacked in the matrix, it lets them use the master device's matrix attributes.

You can jump in with a Control Rig, period.
If you don't jump in you can remote control your drones via commlink, cyberdeck or RCC.
RCC lets you issue commands to multiple drones simultaneously.
You can see what the drone's sensors see on an AR screen, for example. Or in your image link.

So, going through LittleMacs Twitter, I'm curious.
Is she a tranny?

>What would be a satisfying end to your favorite character's story?

Already had it. My Face\Gunslinger was working toward the "make a shitton of money and buy an island to retire"

He ended the game with over two million nuyen, and soft corp\gunsmithing work as a contracted subsidiary of Ares Arms (which was a dream of his) and had sunk a ton of his money into Ares stock. He retired from running, and is now working on his ACTUAL dream - meeting, and becoming romantically involved with his waifu, a sim-sense action trid starlet.

What would be good ware for a PT pet technomancer?

Yes, why?

Alright, so you need an control rig to enter a drone. Beyond that, any matrix device you can use the Control Device action with can control drones, an RCC just specializes at it by being able to do things like control multiple drones simultaneously. So, it is entirely a viable option for a decker to take use of drones and use them to attack enemies or scout out areas, yet can only really give orders to one drone at a time. That right?

Because the writing struck me as that of one and I'm simply curious how well my detector works.

Scout drones are 100% viable.

Alright, thanks. I'll try to be less of a retard when I post here in the future.

Cyberpenis

Could somebody link me the calculations for the max amoung of cybershlongs you can put into a single person?
I think i can push this a bit further but I'd need the exact numbers to be sure.

Is it just me, or am I the only person who feels like bringing Cyberdecks back into 5e was massively unnecessary, and backpedals the technology evolution?

You are one of a small number of people who think that calling something a cyberdeck means it must be a keytar.

5e commlinks are a backpedal from 4e commlinks.

5e cyberdecks are an advancement on 4e commlinks.

It's that simple.

Yeah, its basically you and a small minority.
Usually players who started with 4e.

You're entirely correct.

5e Cyberdecks render Commlinks redundant and useless, and yes, they are in-canon, fucking keyboard sized.

>in-canon, fucking keyboard sized.

>can be just about any shape that
has the same volume as a small book

>5e Cyberdecks render Commlinks redundant and useless

Do computers render smartphones redundant and useless?

>and yes, they are in-canon, fucking keyboard sized
They're the size of a small book or tablet. Get. Over. Yourself. Maaate.

>5e commlinks are a backpedal from 4e commlinks.
>5e cyberdecks are an advancement on 4e commlinks.

Yeah, that seems unnecessary. I mean, from a certain perspective, it robs the ability of Hackers to be as effective as they were in 4e - and robs everyone else of being anywhere near effective without having to buy a car-priced tablet computer

>Usually players who started with 4e.

I started with 3e, which is why I pointed out the backpedal on tech evolution

>5e Cyberdecks render Commlinks redundant and useless,

>6 digit devices rendering 3 digit devices useless.

Provided you don't live in a communist utopia where money isn't an issue, bullshitstatement

>and yes, they are in-canon, fucking keyboard sized.

again, bullshit
Core states them as having the size of "a small tablet, a spiral notebook (the paper thing) or two decks of cards"

Cyberdecks mean commlinks can't run programs. They're now literally irrelevant other than fluff, and the fact that you can slave a cyberdeck to a commlink to get a better firewall.

>and robs everyone else of being anywhere near effective without having to buy a car-priced tablet computer
Only if you play SR with one book. Data Trails has a handful of ways to get more hacking out of your devices - including modding a postage stamp sized stealth RFID tag with persona firmware, which clocks in at just over half a grand.

>I mean, from a certain perspective, it robs the ability of Hackers to be as effective as they were in 4e

They wanted to bring back hackers as their own archetype, contrary to 4es "everybody with decent LOG is a comlink scriptkiddie".
Good choice, in my opinion

>and robs everyone else of being anywhere near effective without having to buy a car-priced tablet computer

Prices could be a tiny bit lower so you can make advancement easier, but the general idea is good.
Being competent in a big area (eg matrix, magic, combat) should take comitment instead of being something you can do on the fly-by.

>They're now literally irrelevant other than fluff

Yes, being able to secure your shit with only a few thousand bucks spend vs several hundred thousands is totally irrelevant.

Holy fuck some people are insane.

>Being competent in a big area (eg matrix, magic, combat) should take comitment instead of being something you can do on the fly-by.

Yeah thats a good point. It still seems like a huge moneysink however, just to be restrictive as a means to "cordon off a skillset" as a means to limiting character diversity. Which is bad, and something they should not do.

As a GM, I always tell people who make shadowrun characters: you should never be defined by a single thing you do, but instead should build your character around doing several things well, so that you don't spend parts of the game being bored doing nothing.

You can't use Encryption, Edit, or any other programs without a Cyberdeck, which is 100% horseshit.

>As a GM, I always tell people who make shadowrun characters: you should never be defined by a single thing you do, but instead should build your character around doing several things well, so that you don't spend parts of the game being bored doing nothing.

Yeah, thats a good tip.
I always tell new people to make sure their characters covers the following shit:

Don't be useless during combat
Don't be useless outside of combat
Be able to do something to avoid combat

>It still seems like a huge moneysink however, just to be restrictive as a means to "cordon off a skillset
As i said, i like the general idea but yeah, they went a bit overboard with it.
Maybe some middleground between 4e and 5e would be good.
Make the opportunity costs high enough that not everybody can do it as a secondary or tertiary occupation, but low enough that you don't have to spend most of your ressources at chargen on it.
Maybe half the costs of all Decks or something like that.

No, your indignant statement is horseshit.

>Add a Module: You can hardwire a cyberdeck module into a device. You need the module you want to add to the device. Most devices can only have one module, although cyberdecks can have two—one in the normal module slot, and the one you hardwire in. Hardwired modules follow the same rules as normal modules (p. 64). This requires two packs of parts.

500¥ or some scavenging gets you a cyber module in ANY device.

>[Program Carrier] holds a program that your deck can run permanently. You pick the program and we lock it in at manufacture, which means you can’t change it, but hey, it’s an extra program. Price includes the program cost.

900¥ on top of that gets you any program you want in any device you want.

>Edit
But thats wrong desu, look up the box "matrix for non hackers" at the beginning of the matrix chapter

>PROGRAM CARRIER
This module holds a program that your deck can run
permanently. You pick the program and we lock it in at
manufacture, which means you can’t change it, but hey,
it’s an extra program. Price includes the program cost.

>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>DECK

In the current game I'm running, the group has a dedicated Hack\Rigger, simply because he bought a basic milspec commlink, dumped some milspec upgrades into it, and then bought tons of hacking programs. While two other characters have nice commlinks with pro user suites, and upgraded firewalls (thanks to the hacker\rigger), and the last character can barely use a commlink because she likes to hit it against hard things when it doesn't work properly.

And this is 4e - just from that expenditure alone, he dropped something like 60k+ nuyen into hacking ability. From a 5e standpoint, that seems like just the base before you even start buying programs, agents, upgrades, etc

>that pic

And another thing, the Savalette Guardian rules in 4e seem beyond worthless, if your going to make it burst as a Complex. While its more expensive, you can mod a burst function into any pistol, and a standard burst is a simple action.

Read, nigga, read.

>Add a Module: You can hardwire a cyberdeck module into a device

>While its more expensive, you can mod a burst function into any pistol, and a standard burst is a simple action.

Ah, the 4e and older modding rules.
I love tinkering but I'm actually glad they heavily cut those down for 5e. You can't really create functional different weapons if in the end, everybody will simply mod the differences away.
First thing i changed on the Ruger was modifying the triggergroup.

>And this is 4e - just from that expenditure alone, he dropped something like 60k+ nuyen into hacking ability

And with that, he is pretty competent. Seems a bit to little for my taste, but YMMV.
Something around 120k Nuyen sounds like a good entry point for competent persons in 5e.
Its around the pricepoint of a Level 2 Controlrig+2 levels of reaction enhancers or 3 levels of Muscle Toner + proper Cybereyes with a few toys in them.

Dedicated Professional would be around 250k then, (adding Wired reflexes to the builds above, maybe cutting the reaction enhancers down a bit).

Hacking is a side activity, hes more of a dedicated Rigger, but his trifecta comes down to rigging, hacking, and investigating, with his combat work being done with pistol and shotgun (former lone star vice cop)

A lot of his money went into drones, cyberware, hacking, programs, guns, armor, etc. Hes nowhere near the expenditure on the group streetsam who went full ham on cyberware to the tune of 200k+ - of which the majority was deltaware in line with his backstory which I ok'd. Despite that, hes evenly split between combat, infiltration, and face.

As for the gun modification - I've noticed not everyone does it, or cares too. I played a Team Armorer in a campaign for a long time (if anyone recalls my various Face\Gunslinger posts), and I got a lot of work modifying guns and cars, but no one even thought to ask me until they saw what I was doing with my own guns, said "hey thats cool!" and then asked me to do it with their guns. (asked, more like demanded, but I was team bitch, so it was fine)

In my current campaign that I'm running, my new (new to shadowrun) players are almost strictly out-of-the-box shooters, with little interest in modding weapons - no one even bought the armorer skill. I gave them an NPC whose willing to do that work for them, but all they hear is "spend money for something" and then default to "eh, my gun is fine the way it is"

not a cyber suggestion, but you better have a qt hacker niece with a bitchin computer book

I knew that char rang a bell when i saw the image in my folder; 200 seven-7 grenades is something you remember! I mean, at some point what a PC does will be described as a possible war crime in progress and you totally were on that path bro. wouldrunwith/10
I've spent a few months outside of /srg/ - does that drawfag from back when still come around? I liked his work.

that's ok but it's no highspeed magical parkour trip through neo-tokyo
youtube.com/watch?v=nwJeiLtFqw8

>and becoming romantically involved with his waifu, a sim-sense action trid starlet
a 2d waifu?? explain yourself!

i almost feel like decks have gone full circle from a "portable decktop" to a C2 cranial to a "technomagic" and back again to a portable computer. take it for what you will but i feel the next step would be C2 bioware decks in your noggin. that didn't really answer your question but i'm fine with that since you have a nice smile.

>drawfag
the drawfag in question

>Juno Reactor
that's it. that's my shit. But how about this for some fraggin' high speed parkour?
youtube.com/watch?v=g5ePHHDMRms

Yekka, there's something fucky going on with Availability. It's not consistent, but for some gear, for example Bone Density and the Biospikes, it's... weird.

Basically, go make a blank sheet. Add Bioware, try to add Bone Density. Do not add it. Look at the availability in the screen, then scroll the selection down to the spikes, with the search Bone in the search bar. The spikes will copy the avail of the Density. If it raises, they raise. If it lowers, they lower. It also happens with gear in other sections.

What happens if you add it?

>a 2d waifu?? explain yourself!

Shes a Horizon\Hollywood actress. The worst part about this is not the horrible beating he'd get by creeping her out and incurring wrath of her corpsec HTR team - but that he would be courting someone who wasn't from Ares.

Believe me man, this character spent long hours plotting, and even considered dumping nuyen into financing a shadowrun of his own, to get her to defect to Ares, but neither Ares would go for it, and his team wasn't interested, and without Ares willing to poach an actress, its a moot point. This was about the time his ork surfer gf beat the stuffing out of him when he let slip his waifu crush on said actress.

Such is the life

that no-mage team earlier in the thread and the all decker team in the last thread got me thinking about single class teams that do one thing exceedingly well, almost to the exclusion of all else.
>a team of 5d6 init razorboys

is Juno Reactor the name of the drawfag (who you are?) or the name of the assault rifle/grenade operator character (who you may also play).
I like that chicks voice and the tempo of the song but the beat of the tempo is a little electronic and harsh imo 8.8/11 would listen again while running up a building away from overweight lone star cop in his slowly gaining security ornithopter

As far as I can see, it displays properly. 16F for an R4 Density, 14 for a Bone Spike.

>Juno Reactor

Juno Reactor is the name of a music band(?) although its one guy

>literal picture for ants

checked
that actually sounds like your char had more invested in your gf than the typical "i'm not a virgin!! SEE!!" mentality, which i like. relationships can make tabletop 100% better or 100% worse imo and it sounds like you went about it the right way

>my 2d 1980's anime cyberpunk waifu

I need some help chummer. I want to make the runners go through a mct zero zone. How to I lay this out? Do I put the zone around the facility it protects? Do I put the facility inside the zone instead? What do they see when they approach said zone?

>Juno Reactor
oh! you meant the song youtube.com/watch?v=nwJeiLtFqw8 i linked in my bad, it's still early

>16oz gloves for an entry team
stay plebian

i like the idea of putting the zone around a facility - what better way to protect something than a 00 zone? plus, the runner's gotta get back through the zone to escape (presumably)

Eh, if it works for you, thats fine.

>As for the gun modification - I've noticed not everyone does it, or cares too

Imho that works as long as the entire group is more or less on the same page.
If somebody uses all the rules, it tends to get a bit out of hand.
But alas, thats something that is true for many parts in the system.
I'm pretty sure i'm the person with the most interest on the mechanical side of the rules and thus i have to be carefull not to go full force with optimizing stuff or using obscure but highly effective gear.
Occasionally having a 350+ Karma MysAdept in the group helps to reduce that problem a bit though (I'm at

I wrote that character with some odd relationships
>childhood elf friend
>too weird to be lovers, ended up being more like siblings
>fomori troll gf
>she left him because he was too much of a drunk and she wasn't down for that
>her leaving him actually convinced him to get off the bottle, but he replaced that addiction with drugs instead
>during the campaign he maintained a steady relationship with a hot cuban ork surfer girl
>but he strained that relationship to the breaking because of his adrenaline addiction, drug addiction, hazardous lifestyle, and his waifu crush was the last straw - she cared too much to be tied to someone who was going to kill themselves doing stupid shit
>at the campaign end, character had no one, so decided to put serious work to attaining his dream waifu

Character was Human - I wanted to portray a character who didn't let metatype interfere with attraction. He's the type of person Humanis goons would have beat to death with baseball bats as a meta traitor

Anyone ever GM'd a 100% water-based campaign? I see much potential for enjoyment and for fuckery so it seems perfect.

Well, why not both?
Make a time consisting of 5 Razorboys with Rating 3 Move-by-Wires an a R6 Skilljack each and give them subscriptions to the wirless skillnetworks.

Call them "The Slot Machines" and have fun.

*a team*
selffix

>How to I lay this out? Do I put the zone around the facility it protects? Do I put the facility inside the zone instead?

I believe they would overlap. Exterior approaches would be a killing field, except during specific hours to allow for personnel and equipment to enter or leave the facility. Then sprinkle some death rooms inside, that trigger when someone walks in without the proper RFID tags. In those, non-lethal weapons should be favoured, in case one of MCT's employees does wander into them by accident.

>What do they see when they approach said zone?
They see nothing. Or maybe the see some "Caution: MCT property, trespassers will be shot" signs on the outside perimeter. See pic related

>but he replaced that addiction with drugs instead
the backstory for your 5d6 init from drugs? :DD

>I wanted to portray a character who didn't let metatype interfere with attraction.
you seem to have played him as a tragic figure who figures out too late what he wants but he still busts his butt (like he did to get out of the gutter perhaps?) to achieve his goals. as a player i love good backstory's and as a gm i C H E R I S H good backstorys

>the backstory for your 5d6 init from drugs? :DD
Overdosed two weeks before the game starts? XDDDDDD

can you ruthien a vehicle?

>the backstory for your 5d6 init from drugs? :DD

His drug of choice was long haul, and considering his primary form of income (if not from shadowrunning) was poker, he'd stay up in games for like three days, and then collapse in his house dead for two. Plus it also helped because I could do those 4e extended tests and not need to sleep.

After that, he did combat drugs - he once did K10 and botched an entire shadowrun plan to infiltrate some asshole vampires personal island
>plan is to have a bomb be delivered to the front door of the villa
>bomb disguised as gift - shelled out heavy for explosives that couldn't be detected
>meanwhile team enters via submersible on the other side of the island
>shelled out heavy for sub
>character juices up K10
>arms the bomb, football runs it up to the villa, chucks it through the window yelling HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY
>it explodes, destroying the front of the building
>security goes apeshit, promptly starts dumping boxes of bullets into my face\gunslinger
>team collectively facepalms and decides to help me out so I don't die

They were pissed until we I went full ham with an automatic grenade launcher on a vamp coven in pitch black cavern - everyone else was magic and had no cyberware or natural ability to see in the dark - I could (cyber) and i lite the place up with white phos grenades

pic related was my face the entire time

interesting idea; it would be a natural starting off point for a new life of running the shadows. did your char kick the booze for good or did he relapse back in that period of life? (presumably it was much earlier in his backstory before the campaign)

You sound like that guy
The good version of him though, the bane of all mirrorshades faggots.

Would run with/10, you'd prolly get along very well with my groups resident "chucking grenades from my AresAlpha in the heart of London is a good idea" Orksam.

>popping K10

Thats something I'd like to do someday to on a run.
Just need to get my Edge higher, its only at 4 atm.

i like that idea of playing poker for money, i may have to steal it for my next lowlife char

>face\gunslinger
from the same era of /srg/ i also seem to remember a gunslinger who had one arm and was a drunk if i remember correctly

>HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY
pic related

>did your char kick the booze for good or did he relapse back in that period of life?

He kicked it for good, and it actually killed one of best friendships - his highest loyalty contact was a drinking buddy who was also his gunrunner (a merc vet who drank because shitsux) - the loyalty rating atrophied because they no longer hung out (to get drunk and party) and they found out pretty quick that that was their only real connection.

Alcohol actually scared him, but the drugs didn't, because his real addiction was to adrenaline and doing stupid things - the drugs just seemed to induce that all the time, so it seemed better then being drunk.

The only time anyone really got on his case about the drugs was the Physical Adept Ninja in the team, who thought he was a disgusting degenerate and went full on disdain for plebs on me every chance he got (but he hated me anyway for using guns, because to him, guns were for plebs). His ork surfer girl ex was more pissed at his lifestyle choice
>shadowrunning
>driving a fast car while high af
>openly pissing off a humanis leaning politician in a poker game and getting beat mostly to death
>treating killing people likes it some kinda game
>thinking its totally ok to huck a goddamn bomb through some vampires villa while on FUCKING K10

yeah stupid ninja told her about that last one, asshole.

Does Penetrating Strike apply to a Bone Spike? It's paid for with Essence, it's a 'natural' part of you, but it technically uses Blades.

>technically uses Blades
Does it?

>i like that idea of playing poker for money

Watch a movie called "Rounders" - its whole plot is basically that, people who play poker as a primary form of income, and basically it becomes a fucking job, grinding out cash sitting on a leather ass

Hah, character wasn't always that crazy, but he had to try fucking hard to outdo the physadept ninja in kills. My goal in every combat situation was to kill the maximum amount of enemies so that the ninja had to stand around during his extra init passes.

According to Chummer, yeah.

It seems... questionable that it does, because technically speaking it's a natural weapon, innately part of you. Like, it's literally wolverine claw type shit. The Bone Spikes quality? Does the same basic thing, except not retractable.

Like, logically speaking here, yes, Penetrating Strike likely does indeed apply, at least as far as I can tell.

But Chummer, whether it's right or wrong here, doesn't apply it.

i love reading stuff like this; the way things organically ebb and flow in a well run game is artistic

Well, let's go look at Chrome Flesh.

>Unless otherwise noted, attacks with Bio-Weaponry use the Unarmed Combat skill with a Natural Weapons specialization.
Page 120.

>Stingers are, in essence, non-retractable hand blades and spurs.
Page 121, but no mention of skill to use.

Looking at Hard Targets' Biospike / Bone Spur ... also no mention of skill to use.

Don't trust Chummer. Verify.

Thanks for the comments omae

Unfortunately, thats about the only character I've played thats had that much detail. My first couple characters were back in 3e when I barely understood the setting, and consisted of a Navajo coyote shaman whose sole purpose was getting into trouble and working how to get out of it - the second character was an Ork freedom fighter from the yucatan with a panther cannon.

Ever since I've been forever GM, and out of three Shadowrun campaigns, two were horrific failures, and this one im doing now seems to be doing ok

Neat, I hadn't actually noticed those passages.

Hey, Yekka, see above posts please.

Someone asked this last thread, and I'm curious about the answer.

>but he had to try fucking hard to outdo the physadept ninja in kills. My goal in every combat situation was to kill the maximum amount of enemies so that the ninja had to stand around during his extra init passes.

I remember this, you wrote about him occasionally some time ago, iirc?

What kind of stuff would a Mr. Johnson (or Tanaka-san in my case) ask his employees to do during a misdirection run to make a target corp think the 'runners where hired by another megacorp? I was thinking something along the lines of giving them branded equipment to leave around, maybe drones. Maybe stuff like modifying the decker's deck so that it would be recognized as the equipment of the corp they're pretending to be hired by?

Had an idea for a character that was a famous dealer for Vegas. Is that a thing? Normally, a casino would be famous, not a dealer. The idea was just that this guy was a showman who was also a dealer (So, he was famous and then became a dealer, maybe?).

Not sure what skills I should take to pull him off. Inclinded to go an Edgelord route.

Yeah. My GM in that game had been doing shadowrun since 2nd Ed, and was a firm believer that you can have any kinda fun with any kinda team, even an unbalanced one - so he encouraged people to make there characters without knowing what else people were playing, so that people could play what they wanted.

So, we had four characters
An african elf voodoo loa shaman of kalfu, particularly the evil version of kalfu, and came off like a suave but dubious devil, who was just too creepy to be a party face, despite being smooth as silk. He ended up becoming my Face\Gunslingers best friend, and they would wingman for each other. my character bought him a super expensive foreign luxury car, and paid heavy for magically active wood to be used in a custom revolver, so it could be turned into a Foci

Second was a Dwarf celtic shaman of weather and storms, and never said or did much, but smirk and laugh at all of us when we acted stupid. She focused a lot on ritual magic, and considering we were in miami, she was in her element - she lived on a boat, and had reams of bound spirits.

And then there was the ninja. He was a pure human japanese (proud of his cultural heritage of his family stretching back generations) and was the first in his family to show magical talent - a physical adept - and was trained in ancient ninjutsu arts. He had three init passes, and a max weapon foci katana (ancient heirloom) that he would carve people into pieces with, using handfuls of dice that would choke an elephant. He was basically invisible and could anyone at anytime, ever, and his code of honor was pic related. He hated guns, hated drugs, was casually disdainful of anyone who wasn't human, unless they were magic, and expected everyone in the team to do their shit competently or else. His requests for my hacking, face, armorer skills always came as a demand, but at least he shelled out for the cost (so i lost, and gained, nothing except for lost time).

Bone spikes are in the blades weapon category for some reason, but the useskill is set to unarmed combat.

>four characters

Fourth was me, and I was basically...
>team armorer
>party face
>party wheelman
>party hacker
>party heavy weapons
>party guy-with-contacts-for-useful-things

>japshit katanafaggot double-nofun (gun&drug) criminal scum humanis turd.

You did everything right in trying to show him his place).

Speaking of which:
Yesterday, the annon with Technomancertroubles said he would be playing and tackling the fucker that puts sprites in his *ware?
You out there?
Still alive?
What happened?

If they were under Unarmed, then Penetrating Strike would be applying to them in Chummer, wouldn't it? It also doesn't seem to be applying properly to things like Stingers and the like, and as far as it's apparent from the rules and the lack of errata that I've seen, it seems to be the case that it's intended to apply.