Didn't see a thread on it, so what do you guys thing about this 40k tabletop simulator?

Didn't see a thread on it, so what do you guys thing about this 40k tabletop simulator?

As someone who's always wanted to play but never had time/friends into it/money for dudes I think it looks neat.

https: //spikeybits.com/2017/01/warhammer-tabletop-simulator-on-steam.html

Do you even VASSAL?

No. Not gonna lie, the the interface looks off putting and sketchy.

>flame me, I don't care ur gonna do it anyway

Me and a buddy do weekly kill team games on TTS. It works well enough, especially once you figure out how to easily manipulate the interface

Are all the models represented, and how long before GW kills it dead?

>and how long before GW kills it dead
They cannot since it's greenlight.

>They cannot

Copyright infringement?

All the models are user created.

But do they have Battlefleet Gothic?

That's the real question.

The devs change the interface almost every other time I launch the game.

I believe that there are a few fleets. There is also some epic stuff on the workshop.

Been meaning to try TTS for 40k. I have three armies already but wanted to try Necrons without buying them.

But user, BFG: Armada is a thing

>does anyone still play it anymore? I tried to get on a few weeks ago and waited 30 mins with no match

Was easily a 30 minute play and refund

Was like a bad version of homeworld and had nothing to do with the tabletop version aside from the setting

>Was like a bad version of homeworld and had nothing to do with the tabletop version aside from the setting

Try Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan instead. It's a 95% direct translation of the TT game with the same rules.

TTS 40k is better than VASSAL 40k. Honestly I'm glad that if I want to play 40k I can just use Tabletop Sim and save a ton of money for all the armies and stuff.

GW owns the designs
GW owns the rule system

this. its the only game i ever played for longer than 5min. on mobile.

and its very very close to the TT

The only thing they can go after is the assets, and that's a complete waste of time.

So what? Since it's distributes free they didn't break the law.

>So what? Since it's distributes free they didn't break the law.

You don't need to sell anything to break copyright law.

The whole thrust of this discussion, in case you can't guess, is "This looks pretty cool, so GW can't possibly allow it to survive."

40k fans have never liked Digital Sims.

All the models are on TTS, and I offered the community a way to create a repo for BattleBox3d. It got shot down.

Seriously how does GW still exist when you get a 3d printer off of amazon for the price of land raider?

The quality just isn't there yet. You can already get dirt cheap miniatures if you really want them, but people want the detail.

Obvious, and I mean OBVIOUS, shill.

Your product is shit and doomed to death by DMCA, meaning its bug-riddled ass isn't going to get future support.

No one is distributing the rules.

I play this almost daily and have for months now. Pretty much don't play physical anymore.
>Games are infinitely faster, tools let you go through games in a quarter of the time
>Rules are always on-hand, just need to hover over a model
>Big community, always have opponents at hand at any time
>It's obviously free
I can't think of a legitimate complaint with it.

>Your product
?????
Do you think Tabletop Simulator was made to support 40k two years later?

Whoops, meant to quote Do you really think people are shilling DoW model import mods for a two-year-old game?

t. Matt Ward

>but people want the detail.
Then why they keep buying 40k (especially Astra Millitarum and Aeldari)?

Is not worth playing because it's a dead game. Pretty much the only thing people use it for anymore is Uno and Secret Hitler.

The only times a 40K game is up is when a new player who didn't own a fixed or even the rule book downloaded it and expects someone else to teach them literally everything.

Own a codex*

There are plenty of people out there to play 40k with on Tabletop Sim, I certainly have no problem doing it.

Are you expecting to join a random game in the lobby list and just play? What, do you think people are just going to sit around in an empty room and praying someone's going to join them?
Join one of the many Steam groups or Discord groups and ask for a game. One of the 100+ people there WILL play you. I have never gone without playing a game when I want to.

I wish there was more support for wargames that AREN'T 40k on TTS though. I want to play some Bolt Action, Frostgrave or Black Ops but there just aren't the models and maps for it.

Even 40K isn't fully supported.

Yes, but it's the most supported compared to a lot of other wargames which can't be played on TTS at all as it stands right now.

You can use the flat paper tokens and put images on them. It's not the same but it's something.

I used that when me and a mate played Bolt Action.

there's plenty in the steam group and discord?? I go there to play simply because i can't afford to play tabletop, and this shit has a lot of quality of life improvements.