Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Casual Attire Edition: What does your character prefer to wear off-the-field? Do they prefer current fashions or their own special styles?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53782041/French Crowgirl.mp4
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1113621
lorewipe.boards.net/
discord.gg/hTZxEx8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing.

Absolutely Nothing.

But then that's normal for dragons.

Armor, all the time.
Bless those +1 Fusing mithral full plates one can sleep in.

best gish?

Which are your favourite traits?

>special styles
You mean you're not building an outfit made entirely out of bits and pieces scavenged off your defeated enemies?

But in seriousness, I try to go with glamered armor due to paranoia for most characters as long as it's a social situation where wearing it can be considered acceptable. Failing that, wasn't there a special fashion changing outfit in the latest noble society book?

Had an illusionist that would layer alter self with a few simple illusions to primp himself up for any party. The way he figured, if they were crafty or strong enough of will to peek through his 'clothes' than they had earned the show they got.

Never stop shooting is my favorite.

So /pfg/, tell me about what you're brewing up. Class? Campaign? Items? What are you up to?

Sucy a qt.

America Invades Druma campaign, changes to the third book of Reign of Winter, a template to use in the homebrew campaign and moonshine.

Bloodborne campaign

I'm reading on that onslaught kineticist, as it's supposedly the real damage dealer archetype.

However I'm having trouble seeing how to have it deal more damage compared to just tossing empower on a normal blast.

Using Bloodborne-user's homebrew?

Indeed, considering I'm the author. Working on bestiary and feats right now. Then I'll set up the adventure and do a player's handbool.

Can I be a saucy French crowgirl?

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53782041/French Crowgirl.mp4

I'm brewing up Lorewipe. Because people didn't know what it was last thread, I'll elaborate. Imagine a Pathfinder MMO, but it's still a tabletop and not a video game.

Also, considering Cleric is allegedly top-tier, I'm surprised it has no Clerics so far. The two class we have the most of is actually Fighter.

So with Spirirted Swordmanship from Avowed does that mean I use my Charisma for Attack and Damage with weapons modified by my Aether Channel?

Yes, it modifies the Aether Pulse.

Sure, but I run text-only games online so the effect may be dampened. The rules I'm planning for character creation should be plenty permissive and I'll be running a table at giant in the playground for anyone on /pfg/ who may want to be involved.

My character only has one set of clothing. When the armor is off, she just wears the underclothing - a grubby beige shirt and brown trousers. Yes, she is kinda gross like that.

Is there anything 1pp that makes feinting in combat worthwhile, or some combination of things?

Posting for feedback again since I kind of posted at the very end of the last thread.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1113621

Mainly mechanical feedback since I haven't filled out actual character shit.

If you're an arcane trickster or something else with spells, sneak attack, and low light/darkvision, you could go Moonlight Stalker, use magic for concealment, and do it as a swift action to set up sneak attacks.

Beyond that, not that I know of. Rogues are the big feinters and usually Canny Tumble is probably better.

Is it worth getting Manyshot if you're using Aether Rounds and Switch Hitting with Aether Channel?

Yes!

Yes!

Aether Rounds works with Manyshot, and Rapid Shot, and all the others!

Is one more attack ever worth it?

Yes.

Half-giant barbarian I play dresses mostly something kind of military-looking, close enough to a modern uniform with some accents or special markings, maybe a sash, to show his rank.

At least, that's where he's supposed to leave off--he then puts on something like a big ol' bear-skin cape with the paws and head still on, a sword that probably outweighs his wife, and a whole slew of magic gear (can never be too convinced you're not about to get jumped).

>a sword that probably outweighs his wife

>Normal-sized woman married to a half-giant

Go on...

This seems almost too strong.

As a Self pact my Attack, Damage, Saves, and AC all key off Charisma when I Aether Channel to punch things.

Is there a way to get Charisma to AC instead of Dex besides dipping into oracle?

Nah even large sized swords arent that big. Clearly he's married to a Halfing

Or Strength, or Constitution!

Self Pact Avowed is pretty much "SAD: The Class" as long as you're okay with one of those 3 stats. There's a reason it's so popular in /pfg/ gestalt games.

Clearly, his wife needs to eat better. He should make more money, the lazy bum.

What classes have access to archetypes that give them a sorcerer or bloodrager bloodline?

Do maguses with Flamboyant Arcana count as having a "panache class feature" for feats?

The Magus.

Wait, I thought Manyshot specifically excluded weapon effects and such (and was just Arrow+STR+Enhancement+Deadly Aim)

Though I'm also not sure if I have room for it, as it's down to Manyshot, Mystic Reflexes, Overcharge Modulation, or Double Slice. Probably gonna go with Overcharge Modulation.

Manyshot is literally just "you add an extra +1d8 to your normal shot." This does not mean you get an extra +xd8 from Aether Rounds, but you sure still can get it as part of your normal full-round action.

There's a few deific obediences that will do it.

Eh, Overcharge Modulation is better, then.

Doesn't Overcharge Modulation require the Empower Spell-like Ability for Aether Pulse?

Speaking of which, am I reading this right, or does Overcharge Modulation literally mean, "You can't add anything fancy to your Aether Pulse, but when you use Aether Pulse you do max damage?"

Sounds to me like an Avowed Swordsman in Taldor Ascendant would be able to do +32 damage easy with that thing.

Sounds cool. Would you like to share more?

It's more the fact of being a big ol' fuckoff sword than her being a small woman.

Though she does only come up to about his middle-chest. GM decided he liked the idea of 3.5's short elves better than Pathfinder's heights and weights.

Oh, sure. We just ran the first adventure for players today, as I mentioned in the previous thread, and somebody already bought a magic shop.

For those interested, lorewipe.boards.net/ is our forums, and we also have a discord: discord.gg/hTZxEx8

I do think it's weird that it's the 'you want to be really strong but boring' option and I'm not sure if it was good for a pact to enable that.

Aether Channel also used to make it harder to be CHA sad because it didn't get stat to damage with spirited swordsmanship.

Is it possible for an outsider like a demon or a devil to turn into an intelligent undead such as a lich, vampire or ghost?

Look at it this way, it just means people who take Avowed (Self) are putting themselves under the magnifying glass.

The thing is it isn't even really that boring compared to others. Other's level 4 and 8 pact empowerments aren't that interesting either, they're just weaker as well.

Size up
+X/die or +X/blast
More blasts.

Get the ring, Get the teardrop ioun; either of these is cheaper and far more valuable to you than the kinetic diadem. You can get that later anyways if you're rich.

A shield ain't bad: you're not using gather power, so whether legendary-kineticist or standard kineticist that you've archetyped off of, you can use these in a hand. The ioun shield from porphyra is no good to you; you already have a full-action version and you don't want to give that up for the shield's version instead.

Your burn costs limit you: Generally speaking you should probably forget the focusing gloves, but +1 burn for distance might be worth it compared to paying a whole damn feat for that (or was it a utility I forget).

Remember that you can combine different amplifiers. You can stack alteration amplification and esoteric modification, or aetheric boost and gravitic boost... It's just that it quickly explodes the burn cost for low gains.

No, because outsiders can't be revived normally when they die, unless they're native.

Arcanist

Not quite.
When you use your pulse normally, you get a choice: Either apply the sub-effects of the modulation (not "it's fire now" but "it deafens, it drains HP, etc), OR empower the pulse for free.

When using Empowered, 3/day as usual, you get to apply BOTH options.

Not unless Ahriman kills some genies.

>When using Empowered, 3/day as usual, you get to apply BOTH options.

So... I can apply "Empower the shot, and only empower the shot" as often as I want?

Celestial: Hugely unique, enables 4e style tanking
Fey: Fairly unique, free action teleporting is -fun- and its level 8 is very strong for out of combat and combos well in battle with the stealth checks you get from using Fairy Ring properly
Dragon: 4th level is fun but not strong, 8th level is strong with nice flavor but not mechanically fun, it works out
Elemental: This one's a bit on the dry side, yeah
Fiend: Enables intimidation playstyle, and you can't tell me Temptation as an at-will isn't fun
Nation: 4th level strong and flavorful but not mechanically fun, 8th level fun but not strong
Old One: Telepathy is useful, swift action Obey is useful, unique and fun
Otyugh: Relatively weaker but enables a new type of playstyle, and is fun for that
Shadow: Relatively straightforward but teleports at will are at least fun to people who aren't OD'd on Veiled Moon

And Self is just flat numbers and extra damage. It's not an obvious black sheep, but definitely on the lower end of the scale for interesting abilities.

In terms of flavour, what's the difference between a bastard sword and a great sword? Or a large bastard sword and a great sword?

>favorite pact was self pact the moment I saw it, since it's effectively just "a less shit monk" with bonus abilities and the ability to justify going full QUALITY.
>second favorite was celestial due to the whole "HIT ME MORE" aspect, though it still didn't scratch quite the right itch for me
>now people are bitching about Self pact and implying that only shitty powergamers pick it

so this is what that user who wanted to make a ZS/OD warder felt

>Fey: Fairly unique, free action teleporting is -fun- and its level 8 is very strong for out of combat and combos well in battle with the stealth checks you get from using Fairy Ring properly

Can someone redpill me on how to use the Fey Pact properly for a ranged attacker? I really, really want to use it!

Yes. The point of Overcharge is you basically now get to pick when firing off a pulse: Do I want secondary effects, or do I want it empowered.

It's one modulation at a time (you can change it next time your clause grade goes up) so do choose carefully.

>In terms of flavour

A Bastard Sword is known as a "hand-and-a-half" sword, which is to say it's not quite large enough to *need* two hands, yet it's not quite small enough to fit comfortably in one hand - hence being a bastard of swords. This means most times when you're swinging the blade you only have two hands on it when you need extra force to the blow, using two hands for part of a strike or going one-handed during a two-handed swing.

In practice, most "big" swords you see in fantasy movies are bastard swords. Anduril, the blade Aragorn uses is a bastard sword. Longclaw, the sword used by Jon Snow in Game of Thrones is a bastard sword.

Greatswords are the two-handed blades you'd see wielded by big ole berserker types. These things are large, they're heavy, and they require a lot of swinging room. Ice from Game of Thrones is a greatsword, Gregor Clegane uses a greatsword. William Wallace in Braveheart uses a greatsword.

>Gregor Clegane uses a greatsword

Oh, and because I'm reminded of something by posting this.

Gregor Clegane is noted as being so hideously large and strong he can "one-hand a greatsword." This means Gregor has Powerful Build and is in fact a half-giant.

Now, since you can't two-hand a greatsword of any size even with Powerful Build, he is not *technically* wielding a normal or large-sized Greatsword, but in fact a Large Longsword, which a half-giant can wield one-handed and will do 2d6 damage (equal to a greatsword.)

Or he's a Titan Mauler. Or Titan Fighter.

Jesus. I hope she's allowed to bring some enlarge person into the bedroom, she's gonna need it.

Gregor Clegane is 8'6 and can bisect a warhorse in a single swing.

He's absolutely a half-giant.

I'm using Balefire Infusion, so I get Empower for free, with a special clause that the bonus damage from empower is a special fire that pierces all resistances and incinerates any enemy it drops to 0 or fewer.

I finished reading all the Wrath of the Raunchy characters. Give me some other applications to read through for fun.

Kind of disappointed at how clean the raunchy apps are, if not for the name I might think it was just a regular Righteous game.

I'd totally fluff it as Gridfire.

what is the natural habitat of Psuedo dragons?

>Give me some other applications to read through for fun.

Wait, are you looking just for fun or for nuggets of good writing you could carve out and use for yourself?

Source? I've got other bits of art that might suggest what would happen with a small elf and half-giant, but that's not one of them.

Literally the Magus?

Maybe Bloodrager?

I'm looking for fun, not good writing.

Half-giant + Small town girl you say?

Gamagorilla is all giant though.

Cities. They hang and large gatherings of humans to try and find good people to partner up with.

What is the best lvl 3 sorcerer spell for:
>Buffing the party
>Doing damage

Temperate forests.
However, they're as smart as people, telepathic, and quickly realize how easy they can take life if they find the right people to be the familiars of.

Pets though, most find that degrading.

Tits. Big ol warm ones with plenty of snuggle room.

Gamagori is not a half-giant, he's only BIGGER THAN YOU.

Do you mean 3rd level sorcerer spell, or spell that a lvl 3 sorcerer has access to? Cause those are two entirely different ballparks.

First, you're an archer, so if you want loads of damage you need to take the standard PBS/Precise Shot/Rapid shot feats.

They key to using Fey pact well is knowing what you can do with Fairy Circle.
Free action teleport means that you break line of sight for a moment, and if you've put the circle in the right place, this gives you a stealth check.
You can also use Nightfall or Airspace Control to also try and get concealment, which means you don't even need cover.

And then if you want to spend battle doing something other than ranged full attacking, get the mind-affecting clauses which also benefit from your 8th level empowerment.

That's one determined rodent.

My Half-Elf Magus tends to change his style of dress depending on where he is currently.

If he's home and at court, he'll be wearing the appropriate attire for a noble Elf of his station.

If he's traveling in human lands or visiting his human family, he'll dress in human fashions to fit in more easily.

When on diplomatic missions, he'll wear military dress uniform befitting his rank and homeland, with the Crest of his House visible on accessories.

One thing that tends to remain constant is his use of color. He favors green, gray, and blue accents, particularly when paired with warmer-colored leathers.

you're still in a dream, snake eater

3rd level spell.

haste
fireball

I heard they were making an Esoteric version of the Fey pact, representing a union with Satyrs, Nymphs, Fairies or Huldra more than a signed agreement with a courtly fey.

Is that anywhere close to being done? Does it have the same features as the Court Fey?

You might mean the betrothed archetype where you get a companion that adventures with you and the abilities are slightly changed. Look in Avowed 2, it's in the OP.

I remember the post where that was said.

>Is that anywhere close to being done?
No, and probably won't be for a long while. I don't think it's coming in Avowed 2, so Avowed 3 needs to get voted in on the Patreon again for it to even have a chance.

>Does it have the same features as the Court Fey?
No, that would defeat the point of making them different. But refluffing the Court Fey (or any other pact) to a satyr/nymph/fairy/etc pact is approved and encouraged in the meantime.

>mfw reading Betrothed
>mfw get all excited at Aetheric Strike and Protective Force
>mfw realize it's for the Companion, not the PC

Excuse me, is there a cost attached to retraining your favored class? I can not seem to find it

10 gp times level times days spent retraining.

This. This should pretty much be your go-to 3rd level spells barring weird bloodlines.

Is that for favored class bonus?

Sorry, to clarify, I meant changing your favored class in general

>Look in Avowed 2

>In addition, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based checks

T-This means Clauses and all the other class features that use Charisma get a +2 circumstance bonus?

Are they Checks?
No?

Then no.

Don't listen to anyone else: Stinking Cloud is the undisputable king of 3rd level spells.

>being that guy
>"What ho mage, won't you cast us a spell!"
>"Stinking Cloud! Ahuehuehuehuehuehue!"

>Literally Furry for Taldor Ascendant throws a bitchfit over not getting to play his Wolf Man, throws together a 1 paragraph Vuldran refugee and says, "I'm not adding more to this fucking character, either accept it or I'm out."

Speaking of Taldor Ascendant, is the DM using Feat Tax?