What are interesting or at least scary punishments a pissed god can bring down upon humans that aren't the same old ten...

What are interesting or at least scary punishments a pissed god can bring down upon humans that aren't the same old ten plagues shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Force their earthly progeny to commit sudoku

>Inflict Eternal Day/Eternal Night on a large area
>Fill the land with eerie and concerning sounds
>In magical settings, remove the ability to use magic in an area, or have the area warp the effects of magic
>Cause anyone not buried with proper burial rituals to rise up as undead
>Cause Earthquakes
>Cause an endless monsoon over an area (as opposed to the stereotypical drought)
>Call down divine thunder (or other lethal medium) to kill a notable leader (preferably a heretical one)
>Transform all dirt and soil into solid rock
>Make the ground a town is situated on sink a hundred feet, causing an entire town to be in a town-sized hole several hundred feet deep

Any of these sound interesting?

> The dead rise and they are filled with hate for the living

There was a scene from the movie Shenandoah that has always stuck with me.

"How old are you? How old?"
"Sixteen."
"Six - Sixteen. I'm not gonna' kill you. I want you to live. I want you to live to be an old man. And I want you to have many... many, many children. And I want you to feel about your children then... the way I feel about mine now! And someday, when a man comes along and kills one of 'em, I want you to remember! I want you to remember."

So the loss of whatever a person holds dear, or the potential knowledge of it happening.

>Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad

Open the DSM or the CIM and choose one disease.
I like the one where you cannot recognize faces anymore. Very annoying.

Piss with their asses and shit using their dicks/vags.

You're not allowed to die, getting resurrected over and over, but losing your humanity and memories each time, until you become nothing more than a ghoul

Give all the men impotence and make all women barbies.

Make all food taste like shit

Turn everything into ultra strong lightsources.pic related
Cliché.Like older than the bible cliché.

Every night, a strange black smoke pours down over the land. It won't enter buildings, not even crossing over open doorways or windows, but it is so thick you cant see more than a few feet through it and it smells awful.

Every morning, after the smoke vanishes at the first rays of dawn, people find their crops withered and animals sickened by the smoke. Those humans that find themselves outside in the smoke are never seen again, they simply vanish.

Even a single night of this can spell famine in the future, as food crops as withered and animals are lost. If the gods are not appeased and soon, in just a few days the land is doomed.

The gods could curse a royal family to bear only daughters until the end of time, essentially dooming their line to be absorbed by other noble houses and to lose all of their property in bad marriage deals.

The land bears only creatures of pestilence.
Crops turn to locusts, rats and flies. The wells, lakes and rivers swarm with poisonous toads and venomous serpents.
Fires that have so source of fuel, spread across everything and only burn flesh.

Eternal Night.
Everyone is turned into an animal that reflects the content of their hearts.
Bring *all* of the dead back to life.
Lift landmasses to the sky.
In a single day raise a massive forest where once was a city.
Endless winter.
Endless summer.
Instant desertification.
Cause people to forget and be unable to learn things again. I mean, think of this, from now own everyone will lose all memories of all their friends and family and even if they look at photos and other registries they will be unable to comprehend or remember it. They will, however, aways remember that they forgot something, unable to ever shake the feeling that there's something they forgot but are trying to remember.

Math no longer works like everyone remembers.

You can crunch the numbers as many times as you like, but 2 + 2 = 3 now.

Its not just conceptual either. If you put 2 oranges next to 2 oranges, you have 3 oranges. The fourth orange is missing until you split them up again.

The result is utter chaos. Economies break down and supplies are a giant ??? because all you need is the wrong amount of something for half your stockpile or more to just vanish.

The bane of many Ironman runs of CK2, the bane of many noble families.

One day, 80% of people have trouble getting out of bed. It's not a disease so much as the worst case of the Mondays to ever afflict mankind. For this 80%, the world moves through molasses. It's hard to make even the most simple decisions. A man could spend a day in bed trying to decide which of his two shirts he would wear tomorrow.

A saving grace, metabolism slows. The tired find that they only need to eat every second day. Whole towns where people move twice a week.

No children are conceived for 1 year.

No practical harm would come from a year's breather on the reproductive cycle but once the trend is noticed the panic would be massive.

Transport the city of said humans underneath the earth. With no way out for anyone. And no supplies to last them longer than a few weeks.

Toiletpaper(and all other items used for this purpose) turns to razorblades as soon as it touches your ass.

>aren't the same old ten plagues shit

you're just combining the plague of darkness with the plague of diseased livestock/locusts and a little bit of the killing of the firstborns

>The dead rise because the god of death hates them and will not take them.

>All humans are reduced to a tenth of their normal size
>All humans grow to ten times their normal size

Robbing everyone of their greatest sense.

Of all old testament punishments, I always thought the tower of Babylon one the most memorable. Messing up with human understanding with each other is powerful, though not always fitting.
In a similar way, I could see:
> Making humans unable to lie
> Year of Silence
> Everyone can know what others truly think of them.

>it's tortoise time
Sounds pretty comfy actually.

Stone to flesh and dirt to flesh

the great plagues of Hojav, the dyslexic god, who wished to punish the egyptians but accidentally punished the gypsies:
>Plague of Forges
>Plague of Liefs
>Plague of Snacks
>giant eclair blocking out the sun for 3 days
>Plague of locii
>Plagues of bois
>then a lazy angle came down and killed the first brony of each family.

>same old ten plagues shit

Can't beat the classics, bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4

recreating the 7 days of creation while the humans still existing

THE LONG NIGHT: days get shorter and nights get longer every day until its night 24/7

No children are allowed to be born in a region for however long

wild life turns hyper aggressive and organized, think "The Birds" but for EVERYTHING

all fires rage out of control and become even more dangerous, even small cook fires

wounds dont heal

for a sea side city/town, permanent extreme low tide