Flames of War: /fowtg/ AUTISM! edition

and can someone post those leaks? i can't, busy!

/fowtg/

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

vimeo.com/128373915

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
discord.gg/drZbxvm

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Do you play TANKS? what is the local scene / meta like? (multi)
strawpoll.me/12127794/r

Soviet Brainstorming Batalon Discord
discord.gg/BfbxDSp

Other urls found in this thread:

theflamescorner.blogspot.co.nz/2017/02/flames-of-war-british-motor-platoon.html
youtu.be/ClAQ6k--jnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think I've decided to do a German army.

Did someone say autism?

Which formations do you expect for MW US, Italian, and Soviet?

I guess US will not much differ from current edition, US army in 3rd edtion is already not abundant at all.

Cool

Nice

Ritterkrieg does it good.

> German soldiers traverse a partially frozen lake in Russia, 1942 using their Schutzengerflottenzeug III Ausführung A single man ice flotation devices.
> The allies would not develop an equivalent equipment until late 1944 with the introduction of the M3 Quick Use Amphibious Combat Kit, which used more reliable ducks to keep its operator afloat.

They do look pretty good though.

Yeah, those wily Krauts.

>cut MW to less than bare bones because muh new players
>seem to intend to add a lot of those lists (and of course nations) back to the game
Consider:
>in the year 2020, brainlet wants to start FOW
>see MW
>see more lists than they have fingers AND toes and enter a catatonic state
>when they recover, the local community explains that if they had started back in 2017 they would have only had to deal with 6 lists and it would have been so much easier, cheers
How does dramatically cutting the amount of shit available help new players, if it's all going to be added back in? MW was already the smallest period. Anyone who couldn't read TWO FUCKING BOOKS was probably too dense to understand the concept of games anyway. I don't see how the end state of MW could be much different from what we had in V3, it was already as bare as it gets with the exception of two or three lists. Looking at the forum, it seems that Phil either plans his life and business no more than 48 hours in advance, they don't expect to last long enough to finish MW, or they're lying and almost all equipment in MW is just being deleted full stop.

Why are they on a small base?
Should't a HMG team be on a medium base?

Such wisdom is beyond our small mortal minds.

My guess for soviets is a strelkovy/motorstrelkovy battalion, a T-34 battalion, a guards KV-1 company, maybe some kind of light tank or Razvedki formation if we're lucky. Lend lease (if it exists) will just be copy pastes of other allied kits. Would be nice to see a KV-1e/KV-1s plastic kit.

Well, you're optimistic. My bet's on Strelkovy and Tankovy (and the devil only knows how they will be nerfed).

>and can someone post those leaks? i can't, busy!

They're in the scans database.

Afrika Korps, Desert Rats, and El Alamein.

Yeah it could be that the KV-1 is stuck in as divisional support. I would almost certainly expect to see smaller company sizes for the strelkovy. Though at this rate, I don't guess I'll be too surprised to see a 40 page hardback titled "Stalin's Derps" with meager choices of poorly skilled Soviets.

i really wish i could hope they release a good, full MW product for v4....

i mean, look at all that fresh plastic i desire....

then,
those leaks are a tad disheartening...

i need Pak36's and Tunisia StuG's and Pioneers and captured Stuarts...Diana's and Bison would be nice...even as wildcards....even just as a future promise...

hell, i need Ostfront.

Hungarians and Finns too....

I just want to be able to play MW with people without having to run a specific event.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly suprised and get the Ostfront (with more than 6 lists) before Christmas.

Today I discuss the Early/Mid British motor Platoon and take a look at what it will become in Version 4!

theflamescorner.blogspot.co.nz/2017/02/flames-of-war-british-motor-platoon.html

>that picture

Krieg doesn't play FOW, he just uses the minis and some of the same basing. I'm gonna do a couple of HMGs like that too for BG and other games.

BF's sculptors really skimped out. There's not even a pose for the RPG's assistant with the grenade pack. Also I'm so sorry for your men. They seem to be missing some gun barrels and the front of a RPG.

I admire your optimism.

Yeah. Two thirds of RPG gunners lost their warhead in the box. I salvaged some of them from the box but can't find 2. Finding figures fresh out of the box which are lost their barrel of the gun, warhead of rocket grenade, even their feet is very very frustrating.

I was fortunate with mine. One of the AK barrels was barely attached, and a standing RPG gunner was broken off at the ankles.

Noice!

Agree on the RPG head frustration....I guess you can say he's just fired off his rocket, but it still annoys the hell out of me. The TY Soviet infantry are so poorly cast it'snot funny, which is a pity as the box has some really nice figues and poses if only they would cast them properly.

It's the best way for me to cope with the pain of the impending Enemy at the Gates themed book... The only good news for me is that I have a lot of T-34s, and they can't take those away. And with the new rules I can spearhead with recon and dash into knife fighting range within a turn.

Imo BF wants to make MW focusing armored battle with few infantry like TY, so I guess MW Soviet book will cover Kursk rather than Stalingrad.
I expect a T-34 tank formation, a strelkovy formation with zis battery, a lend lease tank formation with whatever they released or will release, and a t-70 light tank or su-76 assault gun formation depending on what they will release.

sounds reasonable. I'd still get excited about plastic SU-76Ms. Imagine the spam with the way formations work...

I think the big question mark is the platoon size. With the new morale rules in mind, I think they will reduce the # of T-34s you can bring per company to around 6. Assuming the AT doesn't get nerfed further, the T-34/76 1942 is a really good tank in midwar. Nice balance between cost, armor, gun, and mobility (wide tracks, fast). Compare the H&C T-34 price to StuGs in midwar.

Well, there's no more potential failure for Infiltration, IIRC. And it gets you two inches closer than Spearhead. So that's good.

Are there any leaks of the free V4 LW books yet?

Calm the fuck down.

No.

They don't even come out for another month.

Ask again March 17th.

Excellent work.

Should I go with the 122mm or 152 mm?

Even RK gets things wrong, the Maxim eject its spent cases forward, not to the left:
youtu.be/ClAQ6k--jnw

Neither. But if you have to, go 152 or gtfo.

Left or front ... holy shit those are tiny spent shell casings! Anyone know what was used for that?

I did something similar for one of my Maxim teams. You can buy tiny brass rods at most hobby stores and judiciously clip some appropriately sized little rods.

Taken on my phone, apologies

No need for apologies, but I really lost the will to play this game... so it's 4 months now for full release of two (2!) armies out of four in Africa, without mentioning things that are missing (valentines, matildas...) or eastern front...

Right now there's separate books for mid and early/late war. Rules are largely the same in both books (with the exception of points in the hardback book). Planes are a little nicer, getting cover from trees (ie AA fire) with a 3+ save. Now can be no more than 8" from an enemy team while never getting blocked by terrain. 5+ to hit aircraft with AA.

Oh, and if their site doesn't already say it, release date is March 11th.

I used clippings of thin stranded brass wire.

Well, Matildas are more early war than anything, and Battlefronts focus seems to be more North Africa than MW as a whole. There is a mini rulebook of special rules and warriors, but they are specifically for early and late war.

So:
>AA no longer skill based
>Trees can no longer block LoS for air, but give concealment
>Air stays on the board, when it dies it's dead
>Number of planes depends on support level
>Planes have a 3+ save
>8" attack range, does not care about terrain
?

Unless I'm retarded, that's how I'm reading it. AA is kind of needed, if planes are in your meta. Planes will leave the board after they shoot - during any point of the shooting phase they can fire - and are on the board with a single roll of 4+. Kills carry over, etc.

Oh, hills block line of sight as they are tall terrain. Armored cars rejoice.

Smoke bombardments got changed, as well. Kind of like it, makes them a little nicer.

Unrelated note, command distance (on tanks at least) isn't Daisy chained, but from the command tank in particular.

While I'm here at my store (before the Magic players arrive), is there anything specific people would like to see?

shoe on head

thanks, kind user!
Any stats for the LW/EW units?

I want to believe that SU-76 will be worthwhile, at least in MW. AT9, maybe with a decent cross number. Pls BF.

I'd rather not.

They don't really have unit rules yet, just base game rules - and point costs between mid and e/l war do not have parity, apparently.

Infantry stats, if they exist for anyone besides the Brits and Germans. Also LW/EW conversions.

Painting guides for germans!

I have a feeling the SU-76 will remain relativelu unchanged. So... yeah... AT 9 and a +1 to crossing bonus is likely.

A tangental perk to them however, is that the SU-122 will no longer be as auto-include. It'll still probably be a solid choice, as BF loves their ahistoric ROF 2 breakthrough guns... But at least they will no longer outright kill infantry/unarmored.

Existing players will apparently be getting these two books.

Still might be worthwhile in MW if they're fairly maneuverable and have a decent gun. Means they'll likely be cheap.

I just want to model one of the most-used and cutest SPGs in the Soviet army.

Not included in the pack they sent out, and painting guides can be found in many places.

>AT9
The 6pdr, 17pdr and 7.5cm went down, so I'm not hopeful the 76mm's going to see much better, especially if they could cite shoddy production in the move to the urals for their CB.

I have like 15 for LW. If I ever start playing regularly again, and if they ever come out in plastic, I'll finish them to 21 counting CiC. They're totally worth getting, even MW. They are at that sweet spot of suckitude where people don't expect them to accomplish anything, but they'll never cease to impress you when they do. Plus if you lose them, who fucking cares!? They're cheap, fun, and expendable.

It'd be a bit of a stretch for them to start the ZiS-3s off at AT 8 (or worse). The gun was failing by LW standards, but it's widespread use and initial hitting power was one of the Soviet Union's early advantages. Nothing short of a Tiger could safely ignore it, and even then the damned things had an annoying tendency for tracking heavier vehicles.

>They don't really have unit rules yet, just base game rules - and point costs between mid and e/l war do not have parity, apparently.

So we play the EW/LW with same stats? What's the remount or last man check value - morale? You are still to-hit on your rating (since unit ratings in MW are technically gone)?

Typically it's a unit's remount rating, with a possible modifier. Germans have a better rating because 3rd Reich. Protected Ammo makes it easier as well.

Rather than state the rules, have a picture.

Imo zis-3 can remain being AT9, while zis-2, T-34/57, su-85 may loose their AT value by 1.
AT9 can't hurt tiger at front anyway.

Good lord, I hope the SU-85 doesn't lose one; the whole point of the 85mm was that it could beat the Tiger. Could see the 57mm losing 1 at, though.

Yeah, the short 75mm gun on the M3 Medium stayed at AT 9 as well, so I think the ZiS-3 can hang around there as well.

Yeah, but I want to see the one in the Afrika Korps book, if you have it.

It seems MW rules written with shermans.
Then why they did not included shermans in desert rats book then?

Likely as part of the American army, since the Americans and Italians are confirmed.

That, or the books aren't actually finished and they're going to add to them.

>Shermans are still AT 10
>6pdr dropped to 9
Of fucking course.

Probably because of production limits on new plastic kits.

The Brits get British-exclusive stuff plus the M3 Medium because it served alongside them.
Then, when the US release later in the year, their plastic M4 Medium kit will also provide the British with a new option.

Can someone with access to the V4 stuff give me any information about the Romanian section (Red Bear)? LGS FOW shipment appears to have never showed up this week.

Is there anything about the movement speed of the light tanks?

Leakfag here, sorry guys but I am home. I'll be back at the store on Sunday morning, EST.

12 inches tactical move, same as fast tanks. Standard moves 10, and infantry move 8.

Nothing on them in the v4 docs, sadly. Maybe a mention in special rules mini book.

Well, that makes it official, I'm not playing v4. Especially not with the cockswallops in charge not changing point values.

Being clear, I did not really see points values for units - although I'll make sure to check them out on Sunday for you (what I can find, anyway).

As far as moving at the double - it's not that, anymore, but 'dashing'. I believe it's another 4 inch move at the end of a tactical move.

The two photos of the rules summary are probably the most poignant out of everything.

The 57mm could beat the tiger, too, it's one of the reasons the T-34 tank hunter existed.

It would still beat tigers, by 1, so be careful what you wish for.

That's a Long 57mm with crazy good performance.

Cupola and turret seams, lower front plate at short range, sides at long range. 85mm was better but I'd be surprised if it went down to 9.

The 85s better not lose 1 AT. That'd defeat the whole purpose of ever using them.

Uhhh.. bump?

8x5 feet sized table designed for TY

oh. fuck.

they actually are doing it.....

>12 inch tactical

they get amazing dash moves...in TY, you typically choose to move or shoot, but tactical is really just a reposition move for units w' stabilizers. it plays differently.

still, i understand your pain....

sorry for double post!

Also, sorry for the photos all angled wrong etc. Did what I could.

They did that specifically so that we wouldn't have to buy 27 fucking books all over again for the new edition.

Everyone bitched about books getting only minor points adjustments between V2 and V3, but requiring people to buy the new book.

That is exactly why they're not doing that this time around.

They were willing to redo the points for the entire BAR in EW, in two books, in V3. And that had less of a balance impact than the swap to V4 is going to, because they decided to make it Team Yankee: WWII Edition instead of polishing it like they did from V2 to V3.