/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 11 (1d26)

FW-qualiy Editian

Guys I'll be late for Terra Sub-edition

Last thread we talked about how to paint minis like candy, speculated about the missing primarchs and explained how the Siege of Terra made sense. Or how teleporters and space battles fuck up our medieval warfare treaties. We also tried to fix champions, but they were killed by snowflakey special characters, which in turn were killed by Scoria, who is sort of good at melee. All of that, and more in the last thread >IT'S RIDDLED WITH ERRORS ANYWAY
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/The-Horus-Heresy-Book-Seven-Inferno
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for this the better thread

Furibundus when?
Also, are the Aquilae Terminators clad in Saturnine?

First of a series of paint test models to help me decide what legion to play, Dark Angels

Need some inspiration for how to do Castle Gorgon

That is a fantastic way to choose a legion, user. Looking forward to seeing your work.

looks pretty good
i like the checkers on the arm

>test models
That's probably one of the best ways of picking legions
What are you looking for in your dudes?
Besides general strategy. Pretty much all legions did everything, except for a few divergents.

Ok, who here has emailed FW at least once about Inferno? What was in it?

Tha one looks kinda asian, but maybe you could add those...you know, the little squares forts have on their walls, like how you drew it.
But I advise against making it too gothic. It's not 40k yet.

I need some help on deciding between Raven Guard or Blood Angels. Which has the best models and fluff out of the two? Which has the most fun rules? Which has the coolest colors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a Salamanders player: woud it be worth upgrading my tactical squad sergeant to have a power weapon?

This is keeping in mind that the squad already has the extra CCWs, as I assume that they'll likely be experiencing alot of close range shooting that leads into melee (being salamanders and all). Would a power weapon help, or would I be better to just stick him with the CCW (or even a heavy chain sword?). Chances are I'd likely stick him in artificer armor if I do upgrade. What is my best option?

>But I advise against making it too gothic. It's not 40k yet.

30k was pretty fuckin gothic user.

Quite gothic? Yes
Overgothic Terran style? Not quite. Especially not in not-yet compliant places, or the ones that were in rebellion.
As you get further away from Terra, the gothic levels begin to decrease.
Sure skulls are ever present, but stuff won't look like the Dark Angel's fucking Cathedrals on wheels (or grav).

Hell, the fucking Custodians themselves look like Sigmarines riding Eldar vehicles with a golden paintjob.

user, why don't you better tell us what do you like?
The straightforward Fury of Angels or the planned Ruthlessness of the Ravens?
And even then, there are two flavours of ravens to choose from:
Ashen Clad terran vets and Corax' operators.
The Ravens are one of the legions that changed the most after their primarch's arrival.

>The Ravens are one of the legions that changed the most after their primarch's arrival.
Not him, but could you expand upon that? I'm not too familiar with Raven Guard fluff.

The design he's got now isn't very gothic. Gothic is all flying buttresses and then neo-gothic was basically the Baroque era with tons of gold and crazy detailing and shit.

Medieval if anything.

Just finished building 3 storm eagles and 2 fire raptors.... kill me now.

now just to hope that I don't get fucked when BA rules happen

Pre-corax they were a lot closer to the Sons of Horus, i.e. kill em all and let their chosen god sort em out. Post-Corax the terran old guard got banished and became the Space Sharks, and those who adapted became the goody-two-shoes no-civilian-casualties we know and love

>now just to hope that I don't get fucked when BA rules happen
why would you be getting fucked by the BA rules? most of their rules are out, just missing special units and characters

the terrans were much more like night lords, brutal and ruthless with very little restraint, and more importantly very little regard for the people they brought to compliance or what they left behind.

Corax could be similarly ruthless (see atomics use on civilian populations to send a message to the guilders on kiavahr) but he was a surprisingly savvy worldbuilder who understood the temprements and needs of people under governments, and always sought to build something that was relatively fair and would last well politically when he left. ultimately for all the depictions of emo he actually gave a shit, which is part of the reason he had a tendency to brood.

post-corax raven guard was shaped heavily by his views on warfare and attempts to minimize civilian casualties.

Fury of the Angels is more of my taste. I see that the Blood Angels take a lot from the bible. I have been reading their rules and think that a jump infantry force sounds awesome, but at the same time I have a huge hard on for the broken and battered Raven Guard during Isstvan.

it should be added that if you think this means no phosphex and destroyers like salamanders, think again, they're actually very fluffy because when it came to traitors all the gloves came right off. there is a footnote in book 3 somewhere that RG made heavy use of phosphex and destroyers to take traitor ships relatively intact during thier raids on traitor supply lines.

The Warmaster betrayed his beloved brother Sanguinius and sent him to a hellish trap where he got his legs broken and many of his children succumbed to the Red Thirst, victims of the curse.
The galaxy believed them dead.
The Angels have had their fair share of suffering too, user.

True.

meaning if special units or characters become slot competitive or lend the army to a different style than I'm currently doing, which is heavy day or rev / orbital / pride

Goddamn I love Tamiya clear red.

They're going to get unique Blood Eagle flyers that make Storm Eagles and Fire Raptors pointless.

Is that the plastic Tartaros sergeant head? I'm surprised it has enough chin left over to be used outside the Terminator suit. I haven't opened mine yet but I know the resin Tartaros have their chins cut off.

Took me a good 20 seconds to realize it because I know every generic Space Marine bit by memory and there is no such thing as a Mk IV helmet with vertical grills and an iron band down the forehead.

looking good
i like the brown shade, blood is tasefully done

>blood eagle

I don't want that fucking name.

Me too, nice job.

You better shutup and take it before I rip your lungs out through your spine.

Neat! How did you paint the black?

>yfw it's just black paint

Just the regular dark reaper method

I had to shave the chin down, if anything. It points down like this ^ before I cut it.

Okay /hhg/, you can change one GENERIC legion rule/unit to make it more fluffy/fun, go

outriders can now take nuncio voxes

boarding shields let you reroll saves against all weapons that aren't ordnance in shooting

>generic legion rule

what did he mean by this?

let salamanders take destroyers and moritats

as for actually generic, make destroyers not suck/be overcosted, also let them have heavy flamers

Quad Mortars are a heavy support choice

in addition, dont let this work for suzerains who're too good already

How would a Suspensor Web work on a Heavy Flamer? It can't halve the range.

heavy flamers arent heavy weapons, assclown

Drop destroyers to 100 points, packs to 50, 15ppm. Give them the option to purchase poisoned(4+) ammo for 25 points.

I'd say reroll saves from non blast and non template weapons. Makes breachers all the better.

Heavy Flamers are Assault

Why is your legion so worthless compared to mine?
My primarch could kick your primarch's ass with ease.

thats smart
thats very smart

Wouldn't need one. Just generic HF.

jokes on you faggot, my primarchs already dead

>he plays a legion

T3 supremacy

My Lord Marshall could bitchslap your primarch.

Or get his Ogryns to do it for him

Joke's doubly on you, double faggot.
My primarch killed your primarch :^)

My primarch killed the primarch that killed your primarch.

That's the kind of gross realism normally reserved for nurgle stuff.

Good job.

meet me somewhere, u fagit

My primarch killed the primarch who mentored the primarch who was rivals with the primarch who was best friends with the primarch who disliked the primarch who loved the primarch who killed your primarch.

>Primarchs
>Not God-Machines
I Shiggy Diggy Doo

... Is that an Imperator made out of cookie dough ?

And yet, you're still a rampant homosexual.

Gingerbread Titan, a Veeky Forums classic from days gone by

What was his name again? Scriptarius, or something?

I only ever remembered him as gingerbread guy, names are something to be ignored without comment

Ha! Good point.

destroyers because of all the listed reasons, but if I had to do something else.....

Tarantulas: Drop the cost for base (say 20ppm), but give the option for an upgraded fire control that allows for normal targeting (bs3 or 4, 10-15pts). Additionally allow normal tarantulas to take command platforms. Finally allow the whole battery to be deployed by deep strike at cost, but only in RoW such as orbital assault and similar.

would possibly breathe some life into an underappreciated unit.

Are there any battle on prospero scenarios in inferno?

They would put that stuff in White Dwarf I'd think. That's what they did for BaC.

I mean like prospero fighting campaign scenarios. Wolf vs Sons scenarios

Hour and a half to go. How fast do you think it will sell out?

Every book usually has a new mission set of six missions to roll on, and I imagine those are going to be Prospero-themed since it's the entire book. The mechanics of the mission can probably be translated to other armies if you wanted, but yeah, I imagine at least a few are going to feel very TS vs SW.

This is SO the wrong thread.

What the fuck is this?

Wrong thread. My bad.

As none of you faggots seem to have noticed, it's finally here.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/The-Horus-Heresy-Book-Seven-Inferno

>Even FW isnt advertising for TSons players to buy BoP
Interesting.

I dont know if I want to shell out 100 wing wangs for a book

>Recreate the titanic battle for Prospero, in which the Emperor unleashed the Space Wolves Legion against their traitorous brothers of the Thousand Sons.
Friendly reminded that the TSons are the bad guys and deserve it.

FW books are the only GW books that are worth spending money on.

But even then, I wouldn't exactly say they're auto buys.

So you better not own ANY GW books you paid money for, or youre a fuckin sucker.

Awesome. Just ordered a copy.

FW books are the one type of GW-related publication I still collect.

Don't. I shelled out for it so no-one else has to. Unfortunately the delay in shipping might prove fatal, but I have a few strings to pull. It helps when you make friends with the right people.

>Only Sons on the cover are dead being ground under the feet of custodes

t..thanks fw...

it r..really is our turn to shine...

Is there any model(probably a contemptor) that has a helmet that would work well for ferrus manus? i want to give him a helmet, but i dont want to just copy the IWbro who did that with perty

Ferrus is the one primarch i dont see ever wearing a helmet, since he's already exposing his IRON HANDS all the time. Maybe a GS bulked out GK termie helm?

It's called Burning of Prospero, man. Did you expect Cadia not to Fall in Fall of Cadia too?

>it r..really is our turn to shine...
You should have just not used psykers like everyone else. Except, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Ultramarines, White Scars that is. They're allowed to because fuck you.

it's a shame that they don't get many listed campaigns in the GC, since they are made out to be absolutely spectacular. A freaking LEGION of psykers who surpassed pretty much any post heresy librarians was insane.

>They're allowed to because they weren't summoning daemon familiars and their primarchs weren't indebted to a fucking chaos god.

FTFY

I'm annoyed that FW bloated their numbers.

Every time BoP is told, it just gets more and more annoying.

Funny how the Edict on Nikaea was direct at all the legions then isnt it?

>finger pointing at other legions for having a couple psykers per thousand
>when his legion is pure psykers, led by the primarch whose entire gimmick is being a psyker

>finger pointing at other legions for having a couple psykers per thousand
Missing the point champ. Just pointing out the clear hypocrisy.

You really think Prospero burned because they defied the edict? You one of them stupid Magnus din do nuffin faglords? He's the only one who ruined the Emperor's oh so precious manbabby webway project AND doomed humanity to a future without the webway.

Suck it up faggot.

Meanwhile during the Horus Heresy...

QUESTION :does IRON domitar karceri combar shield count as a CCW?
Or theese bastards are relegated to only 2A

That character model hanging out with the butchers (Kharne body with shield?) looks fantastic.

they do not, which runs contrary to their fluff description
this is why iron circle are useless, among other factors

>moving the goalpost by mentioning the burning of prospero in a discussion about the burning of prospero in a thread about burning of prospero

Going to get all the FW HH books with some purchases of Spartans, Leviathans, and one or two superheavies at the end of the year. But for now, I can't find the time to paint.

This is the first time I've seen WE painted in the god tier white and red scheme.

-Is the SW 1 HQ per 1,000pts. requirement 1 HQ unit or 1 HQ choice (wording uses both terms)?
-Does a Forge Lord have access to 6 cyberwolves (2 available to all centurions and 4 he replaces his servo-automatas with)?
-Does the Huscarl's "Frost Weapon" option include all the weapons on the Frost Blades list?
-Should the Huscarl have access to his own combi-weapon instead of using the unit's allowance?
-Should Priest of Fenris have access to Fenrisian Wolves?

I also repeated the question I always ask them when sending emails, what Ally status do Daemons have with WB when using Erebus or Layak? Only Kor Phaeron and The Dark Brethren RoW mention the type of ally Daemons are, the other two just say you can take daemons as allies, but I don't know how to treat them as allies.