So are C'tan still anti warp entities?

So are C'tan still anti warp entities?

The warp is anathema to the c'tan. IIRC there was something in the 3rd edition necron codex that said they wanted to cut off the warp from realspace, but that was a long time ago and I haven't paid attention to their newer fluff.

So it's not that the C'tan are anti-warp, it's more so they were anti-old ones, and since the old ones relied a lot on their pyschic powers, the Necrons developed technology to fight against pyschicness and the warp in general. Necrons don't have pyskers, and don't rely on the warp for travel, so the warp pretty much only provides benefits for their enemies. Like with the Pylons on Cadia, they were there to suppress the presence of the Eye of Terror.

Actually what was the deal with the pylons on Cadia? I thought the eye of terror was murderfucked into existence by Slaanesh. So does that mean the Necrons built them after the Fall of the Eldar? Or does that mean that it was built before that time, but for some reason the eldar never bothered to destroy them, even though this would have been right where the heart of the eldar empire was.

But yeah I would say that C'tan and Necrons in general are not inherently anti-warp, they just in no way benefit from it, so they actively seek ways to diminish it.

pretty sure there are pylons on other worlds, cadia just has especially many.
And yeah they were built before the eye formed. Cadias location isn't in the heart of the old eldar empire, thats where the centre of the eye of terror is.

It's not as big a coincidence as it kight seem though, its not just luck that there were lota of pylons at the enteance to the eye. But rather there is an entrance to the eye there, because of the pylons.

>Like with the Pylons on Cadia, they were there to suppress the presence of the Eye of Terror.
Fall of Cadia gives an interesting perspective of this. Trayzn mentions that Cadia is backwater, not worth visiting in his opinion. The miracle of the pylons is just normal tech for the Necrons.

Could this thing possibly be at the void dragon? i can't think of any mechanical daemon important enough to warrant one of these

void dragon is on mars.
The Emporor defeated it (inspiring the legend of st george) and burried it there asleep.

Why would the void dragon have anything to do with the warp? Or be referred to as a Daemon?

Arent he C'tan basically realy primitive beeings? In the sense that the warp and all that is pretty much not a thing they interact with? They are some weird species that feeds on the energy of stars , probably made of Gas.

I always liked that about them, they behave a lot like Gods but in the end they are just some weird kind of primitive Xenos Species of which a few members got extremley powerfull due to feeding like a Cow would.

>The Emporor defeated it
How did this happen again? Didn't shard of Nightbringer permanently mangle Slaanesh once? Or was it just another 1d4chan meme?
How do C'tan match up powerlevel wise with other major entities? They, with probably insignificant necrontyr support, were able to keep up with combined forces of Old Ones, Aeldari, Orruks and other shit at their very peak after all.

Void dragon was still awakening at the time i think. But mostly it happened cos emperor is a high level psyker and the warp is ctans weakness.

plus the usual 40k inconsistencies.

>warp is ctans weakness
I clearly remember the Necrons turning to the C'tan so that they could have a chance against the Old Ones warp abilities.

i think thats a more recent fluff change.

No I remember that being a part of Oldcron lore. They couldn't even go FTL so their war was terribly lopsided until the C'tan gave them machine boddies and enslaved most of them.

c'tan are irrelevant npcs now, the necrons are no longer the material big-bad counterpart to chaos' immaterium

gw couldnt let their pet chaos faction be relegated to sharing the spotlight, so necrons had to be downgraded to infighting dynasties, their only anti-warp thing now is that they apparently still built the pylons, though since the c'tan were no longer really around to hate the warp, who knows why they built them

shame, the necron/chaos counterpart was pretty cool

you'd think with the treatment chaos gets in fluff they might get a decent codex...

oldcrons had ftl, the inertialess drive.

Originally (3rd edition) the Necrontyr started a futile war against the Old Ones that's essentially prompted by jealousy and a species-wide death wish.The C'tan evened the playing field, and the Old Ones only really started fucking up the Warp (as opposed to using it in a stable manner) when they began seriously losing the war due to the C'tan's tremendous power. They also wound up drawing the attention of the Enslavers in the old fluff, who were the reason for the Necron/C'tan's hibernation.

People here are clueless as fuck.

Here is all the lore we know about the C'tan in the Newcron lore relating to the Warp

-The C'tan have no presence in the Warp. Their non-presence ranges from zero to negative. A
Nightbringer Shard had a "pariah like" effect on the Warp that caused it to cast a shadow in the warp that navigators many lightyears away could see.
-C'tan eat souls. The C'tan favourite food in the new lore is souls which is basically Warp stuff
-A Deceiver Shard was spotted fighting Cypher in the Warp. It seems the Warp isn't lethal to the C'tan and their abilities.

A Shard of the Void Dragon is on Mars. The Emperor found it in a weakened ans starved state. It couldn't feed itself or leave the planet because of its injuries. Even this weakened C'tan shard proved to be a challenge for the Pre-Molech Emperor. He had to admit that destroying the Shard was something beyond his power.

To answer your other question, the C'tan are the ultimate power in the materium. There is no singular being in Real Space that can defeat a fully powered C'tan God except another C'tan God.

>terra-sols
Just call them AU jesus christ

>daemon sun

What's inside the monolith, Veeky Forums? Why are the Necrons defending with such force? Why are the daemons attacking it?