Sorry for outdated OP post but hey atleast it's something

RESOURCES

>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

End pg 1

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Manaless Dredge
>Affinity

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moonless Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/punishing-garden-lands/
youtube.com/watch?v=GFW944LgkOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My Satyrs can drink more fire than your Satyrs

I play storm because the combat phase was a mistake

I play Burn because the combat phase wasnt a mistake

You take that back

Well I play my deck because I find it fun to try and control my opponents actions and outplay them until I win, among other things

I play my deck because delver-style play is fun, but sometimes it's good to be able to threaten a quick kill.

I play my deck because I'm a stubborn hipster and love bant colors to death and hate black

I play belcher because I'm a busy man and I only have 2 minutes for a game.

I play Deadguy because the aesthetic of Black and White mana symbols together is beautiful

I play(ed) lands because fuck blue and fair decks. But im selling it if anyone wants to buy, asking 2.2k usd, paypal, shipping only to US. email lynchnigs420@gmail (yes, thats my real address)

Forgot list
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/punishing-garden-lands/

You selling out of legacy, senpai?

Yeah, I never have the time to play it and all of my friends play memedern because "legacee 2 expensive lmaaoo"

Too bad. If I had the money I'd consider buying it, but 2.2k is too much for me to drop on cardboard right now.

But its a killer deal, you have to admit. TCG puts it at about 2.5.

Yeah it's a pretty good price. I have some friends who might be interested.

Well, you have my email. Not even kidding. [email protected]

Hey fellow legacy players, I played TES on wednesday and my flgs decided to record a few matches. I played against esper stoneblade and the first match is pretty entertaining because my opening hand was nuts. Game 2 there was a mixup about life totals but, rewatching it, I did write it down correctly. We looked at the cards cast and I forgot I did pay mana for one of the Probes but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
I never played against Stoneblade with TES before, so my boarding was pretty subpar.
youtube.com/watch?v=GFW944LgkOI

Well one of my friends said he'd pay 1.5 for it but that's quite a bit less than you want.

Thats a strange but actually ok reason

Hmmm.. I think my absolute low is 1.8, unfortunately. i just want to upgrade my PC lol

Can he go any higher? Have him email me and we can negotiate perhaps?

I play ANT because decks that win by attacking with 1-2 dudes each turn aren't viable in my meta.

Looks like he's gonna pass. I think he got sketched out by your email address. Personally I think it makes you seem more trustworthy.

I mean, im not really a racist, its just a joke, you know? Honestly i was curious if it was taken or not. I can provide a different email address? Didnt really want to put my formal email on here, but if i must then i must

You can email [email protected] instead

I feel you dude but he's to gonna pass on this one. Sorry.

I play Pox because it's like Balance: a huge, splashy, and cheap effect, it affects both players symmetrically, and by building your deck around it you break the symmetry.

I imagine it's the same as what makes Miracles players play Miracles, only my deck only costs 1/3rd of theirs.

But legacy is pretty expensive.

I understand. If you find anyone I'd appreciate it!

Wtf is the purpose of that card? Give it to your opponent?

Modern is just as expensive, with the exception of decks like shardless at 3k or lands at 2.5

Last time I checked most Leg decks are at 1K or something, while most modern decks are like 400$.

No. No it isn't.

Wasnt there a guy who did the math on this last thread? Id like to hear that again

IIRC it was

>Legacy is cheaper if you don't count the lands and other staples.

which, although possibly true, is still misleading. Legacy is more expensive overall. Mental acrobatics does not make it a cheaper format.

I dunno, with regard to price Legacy also seems a lot more stable, given that modern decks lose all of their value overnight when Wizards decides to spin the ban roulette wheel (RIP in peice, Dredge and Infect).

Speaking of Infect, Legacy Infect has to be dirt cheap now that Berserk is sub $10. All you need to make it is Glistner Elf, Invigorate, and Berserk. Bam, turn-two kill. You don't even need Blue to protect your creatures with cards like Blossoming Defense in Green, and you can still run Gitaxian Probe for free hand info.

>RIP in peice, Dredge and Infect
Both those decks are still good. Not AS good, but still good.

>Legacy also seems a lot more stable
This I'll give you, but Legacy is objectively more expensive then Modern.

It was me and legacy is more expensive than modern, because it's cards get tarmogoyf treatment and reserved list cards are inevitably making it about 1k$ more expensive.

>You don't even need Blue to protect your creatures
Only if you don't want to win. Gitaxian probe alone doesn't help much winning through hate.

I am going to play mono-red poisonless infect for the first time tonight. 12 of my 60 cards are there purely to counter blue counterspells.

You mean Pummler? Might as well add Green.

Can we just unban this card already? It would actually make the meta healthier

Unban Survival of the Fittest and maybe Wheel of Fortune

Nope. Pic related, 4x of everything +20 mountains.

Still needs a lot of work.

>2017
>buying fake cards from Veeky Forums
>ishygddt

Why burnout instead of pyroblast? Also the "opponents get a choice" cards seem terrible. You should play more cards that synergize with your main plan

I don't think wheel should ever be unbanned. Draw 7s are just too good. Frantic search could probably be unbanned tho (and earthcraft)

>>Legacy is cheaper if you don't count the expensive cards
what

>Why burnout instead of pyroblast?
I don't play cards that cost more then 1$.

>Also the "opponents get a choice" cards seem terrible.
1. Because forcing dilemmas on opponents is my fetish.
2. It's (hopefully) a win-win for me. Smaller hand means less cards to potentially pitch to FoW, and fewer lands means fewer counterspells. They also both buff Kiln Fiend.

>You should play more cards that synergize with your main plan
Agreed. I'd like to switch out Ash Zealot and/or Thermo-Alchemist for self-pumping creatures, but I haven't thought of any that are on curve.

Like I said, mental acrobatics. A technically true, but nonetheless worthless statement.

I have no problem with this.

Prove me how wrong I am.

>opponents get a choice cards seem terrible
They are.
The opponent will always choose the option that will hurt them the least and, most of the time, you'll find the card a dead draw.

I don't think anybody will, because I feel most people here are ok with a survival unban. the old survival decks probably wouldn't have that great of a miracles matchup anyway.

I feel like you either need more one mana plays, like monastery swiftspear, or a way to power out your two drops on turn 1, with cards like simian spirit guide or chrome mox. Otherwise, even with the dream hand, you aren't killing until turn 3, which isn't that impressive in legacy.

Also you can definitely find pyroblasts for under $1

>No bans/unbans since DTT

It could be one the rare unbans of the list.

I think there are plenty of cards that could be unbanned, with varying degrees of safety. Earthcraft is pretty safe, and also likely wouldn't change anything. Same with mid twist. Frantic search is also safe, and might make high tide not trash. Plus if mind's desire were unbanned, it may actually make high tide viable (I don't know whether thats good or bad). Survival is probably safe, and also might actually change things up a bit and make the meta healthier. Mystical tutor is probably "safe", but wouldn't make the meta better or anything. Necro/bargain I am a little unsure of, bargain is probably safer though.

have you playtested thermo alchemist? A 0-3 defender doesn't seem that great for a monored. I get you can lay some damage out with him, but maybe you could find a better beat down for 2 mana? Just curious

if your mana curve is just 1s and 2s, maybe you could cut another land or two. You might not need 20

I play reanimator because I need an excuse to play my Elesh Norn.
Also because it's fun

I play infect because it's the best delver deck.

Yeah, he's getting swapped out the instant I find something better.

>a way to power out your two drops on turn 1
Rite of Flames?

>Also you can definitely find pyroblasts for under $1
I'll be damned, Troll&Toad has them at .99$ NM. None of the other sources I checked went that low, even during sales.

Good point. I'll see how things go.

Swiftspear and the other prowess cards are good choices. If You want choices you might as well run browbeat.
I think it was subtracting duals and maybe RL cards.

rite of flame might work, less versatile than ssg because sorcery speed, but does the same thing, also powers up your kiln fiend. It is probably worth trying out

As for replacing thermo aclhemist, if you want another creature you could try swiftspear or abbot of keral keep. If you want another pump spell, reckless charge seems pretty good for your deck.

>find something better.
young pyromancer

Would Mystical Tutor see play in Miracles?
>Find (insert answer here) and tap SDT to grab it
>Tutor for 1 CMC cantrip/2 CMC Counterspelll/3 CMC Council's Judgement with Counterbalance out to counter spells
>On-demand miracle Terminus and Entreat

I'd love to see this come off the list, though it would probably make DRS even better. ban DRS pl0x

I play 12post because miracles was a mistake.

I wish they would unban mystical. I'd definitely play it. I do think it would see play as a 1-2 of in miracles. Being able to entreat/terminus on demand is probably reason enough.

How does your 12post build combat combo-decks like Oops all Spells, Charbelcher, and ANT?

>fake cards
Sure pal

ddft guy, how do i get a feel for when I should just slam an LED down vs keeping it in hand for stormcount on another turn

With Survival of the Fittest unbanned non-blue aggro decks would get much better and maybe Miracles would be challenged for its title of best deck
Wheel of Fortune would be nice for Burn and non blue combo i guess

bump

#freenecro

I run the mono green version. Thorn and white leyline are in the side. For grave hatei have a couple tyormods crypt. Not really the best, but every version of the deck has been weak vs combo/burn. The blue version can run forces. You could also throw black leyines in i guess. I currently have a dark depths in the side, just cause i cut it from the main, it gets throw in for storm matches.

What is the best deck to play if I want to get into the legacy mindset of low mana curve, games going from 100 -> 0 in one turn and high power? I play on Cockatrice so anything is an option. I'd prefer to avoid Miracles.

Hmmm that's an interesting question. In general, I wouldn't worry about your storm count. There are ways to pump it up, or you can kill with maniac. So the real question is when is it safer in your hand vs on the battlefield. Most decks without green don't have a good way to destroy it preboard. Against Hymn/liliana decks, it's probably safer on the battlefield even though it will eat abrupt decay if they have it. AgainSt a deck like Dnt, you probably want to field it because it can help you power a pass-the-turn pile through a thalia, unless you know that they don't have thalia and do have revoker, and you think you can bait them into revoking SDT or something like that.

Anyone here at GP Vancouver? I got a good haul today, over 1.5k worth of syrup bucks in trading. Pic is just the best of the haul besides a masterpiece solemn simulacrum

That angel token...
>it's so beautiful

Rk post has found a new place in my heart

After I do terrible in the main event, it's legacy all day for me, will probably keep you fellas posted on those matches

I play my own Goblin welder combo thingy brew because I wanted to get into legacy on my own terms.

What format is the main event?

DRAIN THE BAYOU

There's always Personal Tutor

Memedern, planning on ruining 1 guys run at the GP with skred and then dropping to play side events when I don't make day 2

Yeah but I don't really want to just find domsday. Mystical can get me ritual or a brainstorm or whatever. I've actually been testing a UBWg wishless version that uses lim-dul's vault but mystical would slot right in there.

Mystical is probably too flexible to be unbanned. There's also Merchant scroll.

So MM17 is coming up. Is there any possible reprints you people are going for?
>Implying MM17 will lower the prices of anything.
>Implying wizard will make Eternal accessible.
>Implying I'll be able to play a deck that's not on a simulator.

Are you guys awake? Legacy tourney coming up in T-minus 12 hours and I'm feeling like pussying out.

Expecting Delver, Miracles and (big) BUG. ==> Rate my sideboard:

3x Abrupt Decay
2x Show and Tell
2x Massacre
2x Pithing Needle
1x Aetherling
1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1x Surgical Extraction
1x Echoing Truth
1x Engineered Explosives
1x ????? (Spell Pierce/Collective Brutality/Fatal Push/???)

I'm so bad at sideboards it hurts. Also, I probably shouldn't be drinking but fuck it.

Don't puss out. ARE YOU A REAL NIGGA? Also your sideboard looks alright to me.

Meh, I'm probably overanalyzing everything. Trying to fine-tune something that doesn't matter most of the times anyways. I think I'll take a Spell Pierce for the Final Slotâ„¢

AND DOES THE POPE SHIT IN THE WOODS?

I traded away my Zendikar fetches for some Wastelands and Force of Wills after the Eternal Masters price drop hit, I figure the Zendikar fetches are next up to be reprinted and we've hit the "ceiling" on their prices.

Put in Worldgorger Dragon so you can get the infinite combo.

So I just finished Reanimator this past week. This puts me in a good/weird position because I'm wondering how to curveball the LGS crew tomorrow.

Should I play Reanimator, which I just finished?

Should I play AnT, the deck I initially felt like people had pegged me as playing?

Should I go into Improbability Drive and play TES?

Improbability drive activate play tin fins

What are some spicy creatures to play in reanimator instead of the usual one-ofs? I want something more exciting than sire or tyrant.

this.

>hahaha imma fill a binder with a bazillion copies of a random card xd so wacky
You meme-loving fucks deserve a genocide

jin-gitaxias, sphinx of the steel wind, aetherling, and inkwell leviathan are some lesser-used silver bullets you can board into or even run main deck depending on the meta

I was thinking of mainboarding Jin instead of sire. I was looking at Living Hive. Not very competitive, but it could swarm the board pretty fast if they don't have blockers. Grave Titan could also be pretty good.

The new Ulamog doesn't have a shuffle trigger and it mills 20.

I was looking into him. I was also looking at newrakul, but the ability that makes her worth playing wouldn't trigger. I think I'll add ulamog and jin as one-ofs.

Newrakul is just 13/13, the mindslaver is a cast trigger.

Rurac Thar is a good choice as it locks down anything that relies on noncreature spells.