/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Death of the Empire Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

uestrpg.wixsite.com/home
imperial-library.info/content/charwich-koniinge-letters-v1
uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Spell_Maker
uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Leveling_and_Skills
tesguides.com/tes2/
reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/5tjhuz/are_the_towers_being_deactivated_or_are_they/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukuryu
youtube.com/watch?v=weIzchoYx1o
strawpoll.me/12362701
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post current characters

uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

Opinions? It's a d20 elder scrolls tabletop RPG.

From the few things I've looked at the creator isn't all that much of a lore buff. I haven't looked at the game mechanics though, what are your guy's opinion on how it's played? Can elder scrolls mesh with something based on DnD?

What lore examples of werewolves do we have?

How strong are werewolves in lore? Rather, how much stronger than the average citizen of the Empire are they?

There is a good example of werewolf here:
imperial-library.info/content/charwich-koniinge-letters-v1

I cant find a shop in the city of Daggerfall that sells hooded robes. Any good locations that have them?

Someone please explain this shit to me like I'm 9

I have NEVER played Daggerfall but I assume this is spellmaking and it allows you to make them automatically scale to your level.

uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Spell_Maker didn't work for you?

No, I am a visual learner. That was all text based

All robes can be made hooded if you right click on them iirc

Fuck off to Veeky Forums where you belong, shitposters. This board is for tabletop.

I really should come back to this character.

Click "Use" on it in your inventory.

Certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but the feeling you get out of a d20-based fantasy game is pretty compatible with TES.
The biggest issue for me would be that having fixed classes and no way to make spells is kinda against the spirit that's been there for most of the games in the series, where you have much more freedom in character creation. Classless pointbuy has always seemed to me like the best approach to TES.
But I've never been much of a D&D fan.

>Money: 118805
I'm assuming that's a damage spell. Either way it's pretty easy.
The first two numbers are the flat damage of the spell. Right now it deals "1 to 1" damage, meaning the flat, unmodified damage will always be 1.
The second set of numbers is a modifier which increases per X level(s). In other words, setting 10 and 10 means "10 to 10" damage. The final number is just how many level increments are needed to raise the modified damage. So if it's 1, then you get that bonus "10 to 10" each level. If it's 2, then you get that bonus "10 to 10" every other level, and so in.
It really is that simple.

Yah but where can I buy robes? I went to a clothing store, 3 general stores, and 2 pawn shops, all in Daggerfall, and none of them had any robes :(

Thank you for the guide, that helps alot. Here, have a scrib

It's stock randomly generated. Just keep trying or keep reloading until you find it.

Am I the only one who stand in the secret passage where the assassin comes out of, so that way they have to awkwardly push me out of the way in order to kill the Emperor while I stand there with a thumb up my ass?

One thing I've wondered is how it came that Bruma was supposedly influenced so much by Nibenay and less so by Colovia. After all, Greater Colovia stretches even across the Jeralls, to Falkreath.

How does the leveling system In Daggerfall work? I've leveled up Long Blade like 15 times or so and I'm still stuck at level 2.

Also, what is your favorite daedric prince? I think Hircine is pretty interesting.

Sanguine and Azura are great. OG Sheogorath was my favorite.

I like to think either they cast some paralyze spell and my bitch-ass couldn't resist it, or channeled my inner pic related like some certain future crazy daedra might do

>what is your favorite daedric prince?
I love Azura, and you should too. Molag Bal is cool for the vampirism, I don't want to be raped though.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of the following Princes?

>Dagon
>Boethia
>Namira
>Peryite

uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Leveling_and_Skills
UESP has a wealth of Daggerfall info.

And if you can't find it there, try:
tesguides.com/tes2/

>I don't want to be raped though
You can't rape the willing.

molag bal is more of a bully than king of domination

domination comes in many forms

>implying anyone would want to have sex with Molag Bal

>uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Leveling_and_Skills

So I have to raise 8 different skills to level up? Is that 15 point collectively for those 8 skills or do I have to individually raise those skills by points each? What if I have one skill already raised by 15 points and haven't really leveled up my other primary/major/minor skills? I'm stuck at level 2.

Since it goes by highest skill and it requires you to raise all three primary skills, if I get one primary skill up to 100, how do I continue to level up after that point?

Vehk did and got CHIM out of it, I'd say that's more than worth it to get pounded by Bal

>So I have to raise 8 different skills to level up?
No, you just have to raise any combination of those skills.
To quote the article, "In order to gain a level, the character must rest after any combination of the following skills have been increased 15 times".
All levels are 15 "collective skill increases" apart, except for level 2, which just requires two skill increases.

>I'm stuck at level 2.
No, you just haven't increased your skills enough.

>how do I continue to level up after that point?
You raise the other skills that count. But yeah, there is an effective level cap that will depend on character creation.

Really, you shouldn't worry about it. Just play the game, increase your skills, and you'll just level up every now and then. I played Daggerfall for a long time until I bothered to find out how it works.

I tested this out yesterday, I raised longblade like 15 times along with some other skills while camping and resting outside of a city in the wilderness, and it still didn't level up.

and when I leveled up to level 2, I remember I raised my skills like 10 times before I got it up instead of just 2 skill increases.

I'm playing on medium reflex and my XP slider is balanced out with advantages and disadvantages.

It just lies within the territory known as Nibenay.

Namira if you wanna be stinky, I guess. I'd ask a 40kiddie why they like nurgle.

Dagon because anarchy and breaking the system.

Peryite, again, if you wanna be stinky?

>Dagon
Ask Mankar.

Pery is cooler than he lets on. Mortals assume he's weak because he doesn't interact with Nirn much, but that's because he's making shit work in Oblivion.

>Dagon
Lust for power
>Boethia
Being a Dunmer and/or wanting revolution/power.
>Namira
If you're a cannibal, or just a freak in general, it's nice to have some like-minded company.
>Peryite
If you're dying of plague (which is even more painful than you can imagine) and don't want to die. Or if you are a sociopath on /pol/ who worships Ebola-chan.

>>Dagon
Revolutionists. Dagon just likes to see shit change. Stagnation sucks man.
>>Boethia
Perfect if you're a crazy fuck who likes to murder their way through politics.
>>Namira
No idea. Maybe you like the idea of eating people? Maybe you're one of those ">tfw no qtspider gf" fags. She's just all around terrible.
>>Peryite
You get reverseAIDS that keeps other diseases out of your system at the cost of looking like Donald Trump. Plus the OCD blessing of the taskmaster would be good for organizing.

You guys are overestimating the importance of cannibalism to Namira. Sure, it's part of her sphere because it's repulsive and involves some moral decay, but it's not really essential to her or most of her cultists.

Namira is for when you're content with being forgotten and repulsive, when you are able to be content with wallowing in filth, and when dark, obscure seclusion is your way of life. Sure, others may harass you, despise you, or even pity you, but as long as they don't obstruct you don't really care.
Then Namira will come to you, and she will recognise your hunger, be it for power or simply human flesh. And she'll enable you to sate that hunger. And to the eyes of the world, this will be decay. Someone with a compulsion to eat the dead becomes an unashamed cannibal, an power hungry adventurer becomes a arbitrary murderer, and a no-name noble becomes a legendary beggar.

Weedle, the Beggar Prince went from being just another Camoran to being a filthy, diseased beggar. But under the repulsion, he went from unimportant to legendary. His magical gifts are boons in his eyes, and curses in the eyes of everyone else. In Daggerfall, the Agent (as is the theme with many quests), exchanges murder for power.

Though it's not uniform, and the cult in Skyrim is a fairly straight-forwards cannibal cult, you're all right about that. Earlier portrayals of her seem to weigh the squalid and disgusting.

Her most related princes are probably Peryite and Vaermina. Plus some Nocturnal.

I find Hircine interesting, though I wish we got to see more of his monsters/man beasts.
Azura seems pretty okay.
The more jovial interpretations of Sheogorath and Sanguine are pretty awesome. But Sheogorath in say, the accords of Madness where he tricks Malacath into giving him the sould of his demiprince son, was just cuntish.

Boethia is sorta hard to quantify since he/she shifts between intrigue and open combat a lot. (I wonder if any Orcs are GRATEFUL that Boethia turned Trinimac into Malacath?)
I love how Hermaeus Mora looks (in his statues/daggerfall/on the cover of the Black books. Hate his floating portals with only eyes/tentacles/frog eggs and no pincers.) and I do love books...

Peryite's gift is one of the most powerful in at least Skyrim and I recall it being pretty damned good in Oblivion too, so I think he bribes his followers really heavily.
Dagon is very much "Destroy everything and rule from atop the ruins"

More like trying to scrounge up stray pieces of Jyggalag's power.

Does the green cloak clash with the red dress too much?

reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/5tjhuz/are_the_towers_being_deactivated_or_are_they/

First for Breton's are best race of men and the best mages

Even though I hate Elves

What would a typical day be like as a:

>Breton Court Wizard in Skyrim
>Nord studying in High Hrothgar to be a Greybeard
>City Orc serving in a Breton city
>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind

>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind
Are you implying Imperials aren't filthy N'wah?

>>Breton Court Wizard in Skyrim
Well Court Wizards are pretty well respected, or at least left alone at worst. so I'd imagine they'd be well fed and happy.
>>Nord studying in High Hrothgar to be a Greybeard
No one talks and you just listen to the wind howl.
>>City Orc serving in a Breton city
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
>>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind
Why did you put this one twice?

Tell me /tgesg/ why do you not join me in Daggerfall's Temple of Kynareth? You don't worship Daedra, right?

>worshipping useless gods
No, thanks

Magnus isn't a daedra.

Green and red are complementary colors, outlander.

I've always seen Dagon in a similar light as Shiva
Sure his aspects all negative and fucking horrible if they happen to you. But they will happen and a world where they didn't happen would stagnate and grow fat.

I'm currently facing my players against some an-xileel guerrilla resistance to the imperial rule in the land given to Leyawiin by Elsweyr in 3E 432. Give me trap ideas/ambush tactics they might use, either in blackwood or the sandy banks near the southern niben.

>trap ideas/ambush tactics
Travel along the bottom of the river to go undetected
Makeshift bear-traps made from slaughterfish teeth and strong branches
Drop a basket of angry flesh flies on unsuspecting people
Coat spears with shit/venom/venomous shit
LIZARD WIZARDS

I like the idea of Saxhleel utilising their ability to breathe underwater for ambushes. Lightly armed troops can swim underwater to conceal movement, and heavier troops could convivially walk across the riverbottom, though the Niben might be too formidable for that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukuryu
If your players travel by boat, you could have Argonians preying on the local shipping.
Small groups of soldiers weigh themselves down and wait at the riverbottom near where shipping lanes are known to go. Because they're almost impossible to detect, they can wait close to ports or other known stopping places.
At least one of the lizards is a mage, or has a staff. If nothing else you get a mage to cast a rune on a piece of wood, and then put that on a pole and push it into the ship's hull.
The goal is to create panic onboard, as there's little they can do against someone casting spells from the deeps below. Most likely they'll have no idea what's going on.
If the crew panic and jump overboard, they're vulnerable to swimming Argonians. If they get in a lifeboat, that's much easier to sink. If the Argonians are well equipped enough to sink the ship, that's even better. And if the ship manages to get away, there's a good chance traders might avoid the region, hurting it financially.

Or something along those lines, I dunno.

Nord detected. You still salty about the 'rebellion'?

Cheers guys I like the suggestions.
Hadn't thought at all about how they'd use the water to their advantage.

Vis a vis lizard wizards I already had them face an argonian druid. His only actions were to cast entangling roots and then try to escape by wildshaping into a frog.
The players inevitably caught him but I've been trying to ween them from their "torture everyone you capture" mode and so he could only speak Jel.

>Nord
>Saying "N'wah"
Fucking N'wahs.

Which race has the most hate or distrust for daedra?

Altmer

How does everyone know I'm a Nord and not just a really tall Breton or Imperial? Do people in the TES have some sort of 6th sense that allows them to recognize other races? They can see it through armor even.

They can tell by the stench.

Chimer

:^)

>I'm a little bitch with a whiny bitch voice

I asked this last week but I don't think I ever got an answer
>inb4 ESO noncanon
I know, but after fighting this guy, I want to know:

Is time magic freely usable to mages in TES? I mean this guy, the Primate Artorius, literally froze time in the middle of the fight. Is that supposed to be possible normally, or is it only possible in the realm of a Dragonbreak(time being fucked already so further time fuckery is easier to achieve)?

No, but ESO doesn't give a shit and has a constant habit to make time manipulation seem like a common thing.

There was this one guy in the Shivering Isles, Earil, who practices chronomancy, but he never really elaborates on how easy it is to use.

Probably has to do with your accent, like how dunmer in morrowind can tell you're an outlander.

It would make sense if ESO was actually happening within a Dragon Break.

It's obscure and difficult mysticism that's pretty much unheard of even in established magical societies. Which shouldn't surprise anyone, as messing with time is dicking around with divine stuff.
The Psijic Order have some access and understanding of it, as might Altmeri Mirror Logicians. Very powerful tonal magic can also shape time somewhat. It's only showed up in the games two times, both in Skyrim (Psijics and that slow time shout).

It happens, but it's very uncommon and apparently very complicated. And the only organisation we know for sure has access to the knowledge (the Psijics), are a mysterious bunch.

Though it may be as common as fireballs in ESO, I wouldn't know.

You wat m8? Summerset is where Daedra worship is becoming the norm.

What

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs mentioned a Breton lord had an Orc manservant.

Daily reminder that if you post Apocrypha on /r/teslore, or post on /r/TrueSTL at all, you legitimately have autism and need to leave.

>Though it may be as common as fireballs in ESO
Not really. The guy is the head of a fanatical group of Akatosh worshipers and he seems to be the only one capable of it. Maybe because it is so focused on his Time Aspect I guess? They are called the Order of the Hour after all so idk.

youtube.com/watch?v=weIzchoYx1o

Only other use of time travel was used by the Mages Guild in another quest but they made it clear in no short terms they learned how to do it from somewhere else and have no idea what they are doing while using that magic.

>I understand Daedra worship has become increasingly prevalent in the Summerset Isle.

I'd fuck that bulb.

Is what people were saying at the end of the 3rd Era, 200 years ago.

Traditionally the Altmer have disliked the Daedra the most. They're the ones that named them, after all.

>Traditionally
The ones that follow tradition disappeared on an island of mage samurai or walked with not!Moses and started worshiping Daedra as the norm.

Well, a lot of them did, but you have to remember that the Psijic's are/were deviating hardcore from the orthodoxy with their unique view of ancestor-worship to the point of their exile and the Velothi Exodus was all about giving a finger to stagnant and staunchly anti-Daedric Aldmeri mindset. That being the case, there's a tradition they both deviate from. A tradition of not liking Daedra, one that persists mostly up to the present day.

What province has the spiciest food?

Elsweyr, maybe.

Morrowind or Hammerfell
Memecats like sweet food not spicy food.

Orcs are only good when serving the better races. Even the Imperials realize this.

more like the miciest food xD

Morrowind, maybe. Rat meat is supposedly spiced very heavily to be eaten by Dunmer.

They're all about sweet food.

Morrowind commoners use a bunch of spice to hide the taste of rat meat. Dunmeri food might just include something like curry, which is fitting given their resistance.

Besides Hammerfell, all the others seem a bit out of character. Bosmer can't use spices besides salt, Imperials barely even use salt, Nordic Wasabi isn't canon, Argonians mainly eat live fish, and although Breton cooking is surely the best, their uses of spice would probably be more subtle to enhance flavor and are probably to too hot.

Wasabi isn't canon in the same way that more than 5 people living in a village isn't canon.

>The real reason Dunmer have 75% Resist Fire isn't because they randomly stumble in magma like retards.
>It's because compared to their mom's cooking, magical fire is nothing.
Deepest lore.

Oh, I'm sure Wasabi exist somewhere like Summerset or Akavir, but not in Skyrim.

Well, yeah. It's (according to one source) an exotic trade good imported from Imperial controlled islands between Tamriel and Akavir. The Nords just like it the most.

But why couldn't it just be in Skyrim?

>Bosmer can't use spices besides salt
Sure they can, they just have to import it. Same as just about everyone else who doesn't happen to live where the spice flows. Rothmeth, for example, is spiced.

Now you're just trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.
Let me guess, it is because "Alinor and Akavi r= Japan = Wasabi"?

Because MK isn't canon. ESO is. Get over it, you dorks.

THATS OUR WORD

(You)

See UESRPG 3e. It's pretty great

>THATS OUR WORD
You are right, its ours, your and mine :^)

strawpoll.me/12362701

It's that time again.

That's so hard.

I'd love Sujamma because it's pretty much Dunmeri everclear that will just fuck you and your liver up.

I love Mazte because it's nice to have something like beer to just drink without having to down it.

It has to be Flin, though. It's Whiskey that makes you feel good with none of the side effects.

How quickly does each race reproduce?

When is maturity reached for each race?

If Mer (except Orsimer) take longer to reach maturity, do they have longer a longer puberty?

Any lore sources on, "coming of age" rituals or trials?

Shein, probably, since i tend to favor wines but I'm not such a pussy that I'd take the watered down cyrod alcohol.

A few minutes. Maybe a few hours with a Dunmer or a Breton.

It's hard to define maturity since different people mature at different rates. Elves become "Adults" at roughly the same time as humans.

Nords have a trial of manhood by killing Ice Wraiths.

>watered down cyrod alcohol.
>Implying it isn't magical top shelf liquor that makes you feel the good parts of being drunk without getting hung over or sending unsolicited dick pics on memospore.

>Maybe a few hours with a Dunmer or a Breton.
Do they need that much foreplay?

>Nords have a trial of manhood by killing Ice Wraiths.
Isn't that just the Stormcloak initiation thing, not a trial of manhood?

More of a joke about how much they fuck.

That's what the initiation is based on. I remember reading this somewhere, I'll look through some books to try and find it.

So how rapidly do they reproduce? Because it seemed Men replenished their numbers after the War faster than the Altmer did.

Also when were Bretons sex addicts? Dunmer yes, but Bretons too?