DoW III: Prophecy of War

m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0XnU0xaqsY

>It was Taldeer who made the prophecy about the Spear of Khaine.
>IG is present, they help the Blood Ravens.
>Autarch Kyre seems to be the main villian. Not even Macha stands him.
>We got a Chaplain.
>Necrons ruins?

I'Z DAT DARK ENUFF FOR YA!?

bump.
Fuck yeah, it looks good.

>>IG is present, they help the Blood Ravens.

First expansion playable faction again maybe?

>>Autarch Kyre seems to be the main villian. Not even Macha stands him
So Biel-Tan confirmed as cuckest craftworld?

>>Autarch Kyre seems to be the main villian. Not even Macha stands him.

And relic's obsession with Eldar either killing other Eldar or running headlong to their deaths to make Space Marines look better continues.

>And relic's obsession
It is GW's obsession user.

Almost all my story skepticism is gone, gameplay still has me a bit worried but it can't be worse than soulstorm's campaign, that's for sure.

>literally SC2 rip-off

And remember what Starcraft ripped off..
>Zerg are literal tyranids
>Protoss are just eldar
>SPACE MARINES

I talked about game, not about GWvsBlizzard
>>Zerg are literal tyranids
pic strongly related.
>>Protoss are just eldar
Where? Protoss doesn't looks like elves.
>>SPACE MARINES
>GWfanboy never read Starshiptoopers

Hyped.
Also, I think I noticed a Deathwatch squad at 0:46, behind the Terminator.

Except, you know, it doesn't play the same at all?
>elite units to counter blobs and do extra special shit
>elite units are fragile enough that you still need them to be supported
>almost every unit has upgrades and/or special abilites
>faction-wide mechanics (drop-pods, scrap, etc.)
>no ressource to gather, only strategic points to captures
>etc.

>Except, you know, it doesn't play the same at all?
>SC2 balance between factions
>>elite units to counter blobs and do extra special shit
>>elite units are fragile enough that you still need them to be supported
>>almost every unit has upgrades and/or special abilites
>not SC2 somehow
But yeah, I admit, DoWIII much harder focused on MOBA audience.
>>no ressource to gather, only strategic points to captures
Yep, but unlike Wargame, Ground Control, Empire at War, World in Conflict, in DoW strategic points much closer to resourse gathering.

To all the people who scream
>JUST LEIK SC2!!
>MOBA BAD
every thread who do you think you're convincing? They're two of the most successful game in recent history, which most of us have probably played.

Literally none of these types of complaints matter if its a good game. Anyone who wont play the game because of a design choice isnt the target audience anyway so... Just stop?

This isnt to say the game will be good, historically bad AI from relic is my biggest worry, just your complaints always seen so retarded.

>They're two of the most successful game in recent history,
Nope, it's Minecraft and Overwatch.
>Just stop?
Make us.
>just your complaints always seen so retarded.
Why? If game copying SC2 and Moba what's the point to buy it, just because of "Warhammer 40k"?

> If game copying SC2 and Moba what's the point to buy it
Dont if it doesnt interest you I just dont see them as valid complaints for convincing other not to. Saying 'but they're using other recent successful games as a base!' only makes me want to respond with obviously?

>>They're two of the most successful game in recent history,
>Nope, it's Minecraft and Overwatch.
Dude. Stop trying so hard this isnt /v/. Two of the most not the most.

>not SC2 somehow
Yes. Did you play SC2 or are you just spouting memes?
>But yeah, I admit, DoWIII much harder focused on MOBA audience.
That's right, they took the skillshots back from MOBAs, which will maybe attract some of the MOBA crowd (that's Relic's plan at least if I'm not mistaken). But I fail to see how that's a problem as long as the games isn't a MOBA
>Yep, but unlike Wargame, Ground Control, Empire at War, World in Conflict, in DoW strategic points much closer to resourse gathering
And...?

>Why? If game copying SC2 and Moba what's the point to buy it, just because of "Warhammer 40k"?
How can it copy SC2 AND MOBAs at the same time, gameplay-wise? And if your answer is "it's a mix of those two": isn't that a whole different game? Because I didn't see people trash Battlefield for being "Doom + graphix + some shitty RPG gimmick classes" for example. It is obvious games use each other as reference, especially when a game has interesting/well-implemented features.

>isn't that a whole different game?
Nope. because it's still looks like SC2 but with a bit larger influence of special abilities.

>it's still looks like SC2 but with a bit larger influence of special abilities.
Just as much as SC2 looks like Dune2 with more differences between the factions, Call of Duty is Doom with regenerative health, The Witcher is Zelda + fancy dialog options of Mass Effect + Skyrim map, etc.

>IG present
>it's cadians!

Your comparisons are inept compared to his.

His comparison feels as inept to me. It is based on "blobbing is possible in both games" - while there seem to be much more AoE effects to destroy blobs in DoW3 than in SC2.

I mean, the simple fact that the ressource system is nothing alike should be enough to see they're not the same. Add in squads and reinforcement mechanisms (including drop-pods for Marines now), elite units whith loads of uniques gimmicks, some abilities ala C&C Generals (super-weapons, but also drop-pods and standard of the chapter, for Marines alone), etc.

Some of those structures there looked definitely of Necron origin. If they aren't then I'll be really disappointed.
I really hope it plays out like in Winter Assault where the Necrons pop up out of nowhere and start fucking shit up.

it's so cucked that it tears itself apart in the recent codex