Ran across this little survey for a research paper about Magic...

Ran across this little survey for a research paper about Magic, which at first glance seemed all fine and dandy before reaching the end where it's true agenda was revealed: shoehorning in all the SJW shit we've seen in recent years. Apparently to prove their point and to be completely "unbiased" it was only posted on tumblr, that bastion of equality.

What is your opinion on the way Wizards has been handling this kind of thing?

Be subtle Veeky Forums

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclWxKeoihaNnp3DM3bymHL97447oaRAXkT53ilRrwa2S5atA/viewform?c=0&w=1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGhek3IXAtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alesha is a tranny right?

He has a dick, if that's what you're asking.

I'm not gonna read that shit, but Wizard's approach seems mostly fine considering all their fiction is complete garbage. Can't find a fault with Alesha, those two gay kings or the planeswalker that doesn't have a dick or face. Shit like that only becomes an annoyance when being a STRONG INDEPENDANT NONBINARY is the only relevant character trait and the character can't go two sentences without reminding you of the fact.

There are about 16500 unique magic cards printed, of those one has a transgender character (if which you would only know if you read lore on the website), and maybe 4 cards referencing homosexuals (one explicitly shows, one contains flavor text that may or may not have intentionally matched up with the art, and the rest are for a planeswalker character who only recently expresses feelings of bicuriousity, non of which is referenced within the cards themselves). Give or take 20 cards which I may have overlooked, that means about .12% of cards in the game reference liberal themes. If this is an issue for you maybe you should not be such a thin skinned faggot.

And don't try to argue that the lore on the website is part of the game. So far 99% of the characterization in the lore remains entirely disconnected from the cards themselves.

Yeah, she was born male but venerates her grandmother so has taken her role and identity as a way to honour her and try to be as renowned as she was

Keep in mind that a lot of those cards are forgotten junk cards that are not legal in Standard or Modern. I think if you want a better argument, you would be talking about recent cards from the past 2 years. It's still a small number, though, but I ain't doing the math cuz dats 4 dorks.

that and most cards don't mention any kind of sexuality, there would be a lot less worrying about this bullshit if people just stopped worrying about what genitals characters are or aren't attracted to.

What people should be getting annoyed about is just how generally shit the story has been for the past few blocks and how it is leaking into the set design

But you do math when playing magic! Doesn't that make you a dork user??

Math in magic always results in your wallet being drained.

Well today's your lucky day, limiting our analysis to Theros onward (I chose Theros because it's the first set to contain an obvious """liberal""" card) that gives us my (over)estimate of 20 degenerate cards out of 2876 unique cards, a whopping .7% of the cards in the game. If you consider the fact that most of these cards are mythic then the chances of your precious fee fees being hurt by exposure to nontraditional sexualities are almost nil.

the Aetherborn were apparently supposed to be an asexual genderless race. Theres a faggot on the FB page that always tries to bring it up but every time i have seen him do it a bunch of us shit on him so I have hope fore the core playervbase at least.

Keep in mind Wizards has been trying to play off this audience for awhile like when they shoved Melissa Detora down our throats constantly giving her screen time and then offering her a job so she had an excuse to never place again after we caught her cheating on camera and realised that was the reason she made it so far.

Wizards has failed with the NEET audience and Yugioh dominates them in every aspect. It is only natural they would try for the "check out how quirky I am im such a nerd hehe" redit audience. Doesn't help that MaRo is a fucking capehsit loser and has been trying to argue that Plansewalkers are superheroes of sorts and lo and behold as soon as Marvel got big again corporate told creative to start pushing the concept and is making a film about it now.

So you're more likely to pull a Masterpiece in KLD and AER than get triggered by a card in KLD and AER?

Also those digits

Yeah it's only an extremely small handful of cards, I don't think there's enough to build faggottry.dec even if you wanted to.

And I'll give Wizards credit where it's due, they've done this in the most tasteful way I could think of. All the characters have made sense within their settings and have other traits that define them. Alesha's a tranny because she took on the name and personas of her badass ancestor, which is a cool cultural detail. Those guys in Theros were gay because Ancient Greece was incredibly gay, and were famous for being heroes as well as lovers. Ashiok doesn't have a gender because they are literally a thing of nightmare incarnate and no longer really human. That gay grandma from Kaladesh had her sexuality mentioned as a background detail and had other character traits that had nothing to do with who she fucked. That's how you should address these topics in a fantasy setting and I'm honestly fine with Wizards continuing to do that stuff, it's one of the few times where such topics didn't actually disrupt the story for me.

I've always wondered who cried about this shit? As mentioned , getting mad at an agenda in a game with a lower acknowledgment rate than a pray-away-the-gay camp is... dumb. Play your money sink like I do and fap to what you want and shut up.

I also love how some players are willing to accept planes where all life is metal and no one knows what growing is, that most elves on most planes are militant asshats that are required for every green deck, and women are banned from wearing comfortable or covering clothing on most cannon planes, but a plane where the humans aren't all bleached white? SJW bullshit!

I just want fantasy monsters to fight each other while being shoehorned into basic archetypal character molds with a modest but interesting gimmick distinguishing the different stories (metal, zombies, tentacles, etc.) while the writers ruin any possibility of tension or development. Is it so much to ask for that AND not be screamed at for wanting something you don't?

Agree.

If it's any consolation I've never seen an actual human magic player complain about this shit for all I know it's a self aware troll AI or some kind of human turned bean bag that's never even played the game that keeps reposting this shit. I honestly would never have known about it if /tg didn't decide it's such a threat to gaming that they need to constantly comb through reddit/tumblr/wizards propoganda advertising and repost it here

To be fair, I think most people that are upset don't like that Not!India has non-Indians instead of being all Indian and that Gothic Horror Land has black people (though to counter the latter, Innistrad had Grizzled Outcasts, so there have definitely been black people in Innistrad long before social justice increased in asinine and rabid voices).

>do you think that magic has handled representation well
It's a card game! besides, where did this come from? Cards like mirror universe and spirit link had black ladies on them and that was back in the 90s! Magic has never had any problems with representation!

Came to this thread expecting a shit storm, but I'm glad Veeky Forums seems to have matured and doesn't let /pol/ speak infect it.

>le pol boogeyman

Hi /qa/eddit.

This thread is Tumblr safe and won't tolerate any hate speak, please leave while everyone here continues to talk about how liberal propaganda is totally fine in Magic: the Cuckening

It comes and goes. I imagine most of the people you're expecting are in school right now.

literally the only reason I can think why someone would get offended over people calling /pol is if you are /pol yourself

Before you answer it, just a reminder that WOTC hired a black person to hear about black history of their FICTIONAL world.

literally the only reason I can think why someone would think that post in any way indicated being offended was if you were from /qa/ and therefore a reditor.

this is a test, if you respond to this post you are still butthurt

To be honest, I really don't give a shit about "representation" in a card game. I play it for the game, not see whether the cards have gays in the artwork or not. The only time this diversity (or lack thereof) bothers me is if it actively detracts from the experience, which so far it has not. I also don't feel like magic has ever had a problem with diversity, since there were plenty of female characters and non-whites on cards. Hell, one of the first blocks was middle-eastern themed.

youtube.com/watch?v=XGhek3IXAtM

The trans vs. fat people ratio is disturbing
But if I remember right, there are no colored people

A transvestite.

heck, the only really competent people in the Weatherlight block tended to be women, non-white, or both.

But that was before the scourge of liberals started ruining America, so that was just good story telling and not forced diversity!

Well I think what they are afraid of is wizards shoehorning in gay/trans/whatever characters whose entire identity revolves around their "special snowflake" status and shoving it in our faces. Hanna, for example, had much more character than just being a woman, so it actually was good story telling. That being said, I don't think wizards has actually done this yet so its not really an issue.

I don't play Magic, but these daily "waaaah, skeletons" threads are usually amusing.

>"waaaah, skeletons"
been a while since I've seen that meme

April is a tranny right?

Explain

a popular filter people used to have changed "SJW" to "skeletons"

>Yeah, she was born male
and he still is male.

judging by their writing quality, it's rather inevitable.

>ITT whiny snowflakes complain that they have to deal with anyone not straight/white/male

t. Refugee welcoming fat (((woman)))