imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Ye oldie thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Slambo-Exalted-Hero
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP here.

Should I start age of sigmar? I have lots of old warhammer minis/armies

Is the starter set worth it?

I also have a bunch of mantic undead I want to turn into a undead force (40 skellies 20 graveguard 10 mummies and 20 ghouls 20 zombones)

Is AOS community more open to using alternative models?

Does the Skeleton Horde box come with all Mortarch variants, or just Arkhan the Black?

All variants as far as my research goes.

Same for other boxes I think the ghoul court can also make vampire lord.

I'm torn between these two Tzeentchian armylists. Would any or both of these armies work well?

>Should I start age of sigmar?
Is it played where you are? If so, are the people who play cool guys? If not, then you should probably find out what is played.
>I have lots of old warhammer minis/armies
Which is cool because you can play them in AoS
>Is the starter set worth it?
Only if you're interested in collecting Stormcast Eternals or Khorne Bloodbound
>I also have a bunch of mantic undead I want to turn into a undead force (40 skellies 20 graveguard 10 mummies and 20 ghouls 20 zombones)
Which is a great basis for a Death army.
>Is AOS community more open to using alternative models?
Yes. However if you plan on playing in a GW store, or at an official GW event, then they will ask you not to play with them generally.

Thanks for making the thread, btw.

I read the Sylvaneth battletome today and I'm sold. Who can tell me how these beautiful bastards perform on the table?

My Harbinger of Decay. This is Gagnus the Ratcatcher on his Gluttdragon. Gagnus was a Nurgle lord who displeased his god in a defeat (to Stormcast Eternals no less), and as punishment his quest it to collect rat corpses (particularly Skaven) for Grandfather Nurgle to use in his garden, to pack around trees for fertilizer. A humiliating punishment for what was once a great Lord of Chaos.

The Gluttdragon is a Dracoth that has been stricken with a disease that turns it into a creature of insatiable hunger. It mutates this child of Dracothion into a mockery of its former self. No better mount for a Lord of Nurgle.

I like the models for both forces.

Would you say they would make a good basis for a demo force to try the game with friends?

Does it have a rulesbook and stuff too or terrain?

With lots of forests they teleport everwhere and are pretty competitive. A solid army.

Looks cool, I like it.

REally nice conversion, especially the sculpting. My only critique is the two sacks on his neck kind of block off the rest of the model.

Ladies and gents, pre-orders are up and it seems Abaddon the despoiler has jumped ships and joined our GLORIOUS! game and has done so by entering the god king's service.

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Slambo-Exalted-Hero

Get Wyldwoods. Read the book again, find a Wargrove you like and get ready to curb stomp some dudes. Lots of flexibility.

Personally I went Gnarlroot with the option to switch to Harvestboon or Ironbark.

I haven't played Warhammer/40k in about 15 years.

AoS seems interesting. So I want to get into it.

How do I start exactly? Do I buy the starter set and select one of the two factions in the starter set as my army?

The space marines(Sorry) look like fun.

Thank you.

Read the rules first. They're free and only four pages. Then work from there.
Generally one of the two base games or a Start Collecting box are a perfect start.

Can't wait to use that barehead for my Imperial Space Marines

this is godly, the mount reminds me of a mix between a frog and a lion

paint it, make a homebrewes warscroll and send to GW

it's an order: slambo and kek will it

Its fun, trust me. If you are in it for competitive gameplay, or smashing your opponent on T2, or trying to rule lawyering yourself out of situations, go play something else. This game is just fun to be frank. It has more tactical depth than most people would like to recognize, but its mainly here for the miniatures, and cool scenarios. Its fast, no rule-lagging, and will make you have a great time.
I was one of the haters at first, having played WHFB for a good 15 years before. But once I got over it, and gave it a try, I realized it was damn fun.

My advice? Start with anything you find interesting in fluff and as a model. Understand that this hobby is 85% painting and modeling, and 15% games. Be cool with this, and you will have a blast, placing a fully painted army that your proud of on the field!

>51(dubs)^2

>this is real

So do we think these one off resin pieces are going to become a regular thing now? First Veirdyan, now Slambo. Who shall we see next?

Holy shit, Is that a remake of the old metal model that looks just like that? Is that a real thing?

The mad fuckers actually did it.

Discuss the warscroll

Not that we care.

He got fat holy shit

Thanks guys. I rather like the big chin rolls. I imagine he walks like a bulldog, with a lot of weight in the head and leaner in the back. Those big pustules represent pockets where the rats are stored after the Gluttdragon consumes them, later to be retrieved by nurgle for his garden. He still eats other things, they just get digested.

pic related

i'm going to repost my list, i had the idea of combining the durability of the chaos warriors with the attack spam bonus of the wrathmongers and bloodsecrators
but i need a hard hitter, and skullcrusher are a bit meh
what should i replace them with, if i should replace them at all ?

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Axes
- Khorne Mortal Battleline
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Axes
- Khorne Mortal Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: None
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: None

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Total: 980/1000

New Sly Marbo when?

>Skullcrushers as battline

Pretty sure you need a Lord of Khorne on a Juggernaut for them to count as Battleline.

what's with you guys obsession for ''fat'' miniatures ? first the SoB, now this guy ?

>where do you think you are?.com

>decide that I want to start AoS
>noone at LGS plays death
>tell friend that starting skeleton army would be cool, so we could have more variety in league
>HURR YOU WACC FAGOT! PLAY SOMETHING NORMAL!
>he runs cunning ruk with 150 arrowboyz
>mfw

also, are zombies playable or should I stick to skeletons?

Why don't you ask GW that?

Is age of sigmar lore any good? Or should I just treat it like interdimensional fantasy warhammer?

>Should I start age of sigmar? I have lots of old warhammer minis/armies

Considering the only investment you would probably have to make would be the Generals Handbook, you have no reason not to unless you mind dedicating some time to it. All warscrolls and rules are free so there's no reason why you can't throw together a quick list and have some fun.

>Is the starter set worth it?
Not too familiar with either Khorne or Stormcast, however the common knowledge is that the Stormcast included in it will form a good base to build towards a better list. The Khorne models...not so much. Another user can chime in on this if they have experience as I haven't even touched SE or Khorne.

>Is AOS community more open to using alternative models?
This depends on your local meta/gaming group. Mine doesn't really give a shit about alternative models. We routinely proxy models to test and play different lists (just the other day my buddy used a bunch of proxied beastmen to play an Ironjaw list so he could see if he likes it before he buys and paints them). If your local AoS scene is mostly at GW stores you will need official GW models as the staff won't let you play with other companies models on their hallowed and blessed tables. Also, most tournaments won't allow you to use alternative models. If these aren't concerns of yours, then you should be fine.

>Is age of sigmar lore any good?
No. We just have a very active general constantly held up since day 1 of it because we all think it's bad. [/sarcasm]

You do realize that people play games for the fun. I am not trying to be insulting I am genuinly curious what the lore is like.

Very High Fantasy but not very fleshed out yet. I'd say it has potential but honestly we need time for the fluff to grow on its own. Just like Fantasy had.

>Is age of sigmar lore any good?
It doesn't really hold up, but it's a more fertile and inexplored ground for your dudes.

It's good. It's not whfb, but it is good. There's a lot more to it than "durr fantasy spess muhreens", it's epic in scope and centered more around gods and mortal, while still keeping a dark and grim atmosphere, although more hopeful than previous GW games.

He's an Exalted Hero of Chaos with Mark of Choas exchanged for a okay shooting attack. Solid, but nothing exceptional, especially sinc he forgoes a ton of buffing options.

>When Slambo attacks 24 times

AoS is basically Green Eggs and Ham: The Game

Where can I find that badass on eBay?

>obsession
Are you telling me this is not fat or heroic proportions gone wrong?

I think I'm edgelord enough to go Dreadwood, I liked the fluff. I'm not looking to play competitive at any level, so I'd rather go with the one that seems cool to me. Also I prefer painting darker schemes, so seems like the way to go.

You can see how thick the plating on his suit is, right there. It's also got two-three layers, before even getting to whatever kind of gambeson or padding he has underneath the chainmail.

He will be on sale on the GW website tomorrow

i hope he gets points

I'm expecting about 80pts. He's just an ok beatstick, really nothing more.

Yes.

more so i can actually take him in matched play.

So is Age of Slam a reality now?

Slambo for Everchosen!

Gonna need a source on that new Slambo model, son.

Not him but Warscroll builder puts it there automatically. I'm taking the Chaos Warriors are the actual battleline

>girl

Have you tried checking new Zealand GW?

user, the best thing I can say is play whatever the fuck you want. You want skeletons? You get skeletons. Bone zone.

Skeletoms are more of an actual attacking unit, but need to be properly buffed to do max damage. Zombies are the single best tar pit unit in the game, they do not go away and are great at holding objectives.

>50 Kiwi Dollars

they are not battleline, i just copy/paste the shit from scrollbuilder
i don't know the proper way to do it

The Palladors look dynamic as fuck. But god damn are they pricy.

made me think of

No. It's pretty shit. It's essentially

>Old world is dead
>But Sigmar isn't
>Sigmar is much sad
>Finds star Dragon
>Star Dragon doesn't like Chaos
>Star Dragon gives Sigmar star power
>Sigmar likes lightning
>Uses lightning to attempt to reclaim all realms
>NOW YOU TOO CAN HELP SIGMAR RECLAIM THE REALMS FROM THOSE DASTARDLY CHAOS GODS!

The end.

My Slambo will be Khorne

Ugly as fuck and objectively worse than the original model.

This took less than half a day to sculpt...

I cannot believe this is real.

Get off Veeky Forums, granddad.

>I cannot believe this is real.
That's right, go. Go to your safe space and cry. The world is unforgiving.

seems I triggered you good

I look forward to seeing this abortion with your terrible paint job.

The old world was a tolkien knock-off.

At least this is original. It's nice seeing good guys on the offense for a change.

>gets triggered by new model
>others laugh at him
>he calls them triggered

Fuckin nice. Would be great if GW released more models in the style.

>no Mark of Chaos
Not too Khorne though...

>implying originality is an inherently good quality
>implying you needed to have the world end to have good guys on the offense
>implying that with the first new order cities it will not turn back into enemy within narratives because paladins assaulting devils' castles is boring

i still want points for Grombingal Reeeeeeee

Just play with old lore and add stormcast as superduper elite army from heavens or smtg

another user here, that is what I do: I have pretty much wrote all the retcons and explanations needed for my headcanon to have both the stuff from the age of sigmar and the old world running before the end times

I think he's calling you out for being a samefag.

A quick google shows the original looks much better if not a little small.

Personally i detest the smoothness / laziness of these 3D sculpts, why does this model look like this but the new Stormcast birdhorse things look like some of the most dynamic models i've seen GW release in years

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I said I don't like the model and think the quality is dogshit something I'd expect from mantic, I don't have the original i'm certainly not wasting money on this.

You're the faggot who responded with safespaces within a nanosecond.

You got upset / mad I dislike the ugliest model to be released for AOS so far. Grow up, sperg.

This model is fucking ugly.

Why are people defending it again?

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>I-I'm not t-t-t-triggered or anything.

Because it looks nice.
Now what do we do?

It's a trap.

No, user.

This looks nice. Really nice infact.

This, looks like hot garbage.

Learn the difference, it might save your life.

It's going cost like £25 isn't it?

I owe like 700 quid ffs

Pay your dues, then think about wargames.

So mental gymnastics?

So, fa/tg/uys, with the FAQ allowing you to use any warscrolls for a model as long as it exists. Will I be able to use the current (2/17/2017) Knight-Azyros or knight-vexillor with their adjusted points in ghb2
>inb4 another sigmarine faggot

Different tastes, I guess, but I like both. That Exalted Hero has served me dutifully for many years now (though he sucks pretty bad in AoS), but I also plan on getting Slambo.
Though I will be frank, I love those chainmail mittens.

By RAW, yes.
As a Stormcast player myself I loathe the idea though and will not hesitate to call you a faggot for even considering this.
Faggot.

I prefer the terminology "advanced your dudes", thanks.

Fair enough, I just traded and got a bunch of models. I am now able to make the Warrior brotherhood, it was unfortunate to find out that some of the things I had to make it better were getting nerfed soon. Until a week ago I didn't even ever play a battalion. It won't change the way I was playing it, so there's that I suppose.

Paying denbts always comes before hobbies.

WFB apologists will never be happy.

I am glad GW made AoS. Painting up the same static model and putting them in blocks was lame and only the neckbeardiest of players enjoyed it.

AoS is more accessible and faster paced.