Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

New Dreamscarred Press material from Forrest and co. edition! Check out these new racial options, with tanuki, bakeneko, variant catfolk and half-drow among them. And, of course, leave your feedback. DSP mostly hates us now but did that ever stop /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1BzVePAShASR6_GFDDD258M_Wsiwn4fjBDq6PiIs-N2U/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Improved Rapid Shot is a feat that does not exist in Pathfinder, right?

What are some of the must-have ranged feats for a character designed to be dead killy with his bow?

Any easy way to get Intelligence to hit with ranged attacks that's a bit more permanent than Magus Arcane Accuracy? 3pp included

Folks who have read Psychic Anthology, am I crazy for wanting to do this Occultist Build?

Half-Elf, FCB Elf (+1 Mental Focus/2 Levels)
Occultist (Haunt Collector)
Implements
Level 1: Transmutation, Abjuration Implements
Level 2: Trappings of the Warrior Panoply (to cheat into full BaB and getting mini-Martial Flexibility)
Level 6: Haunted Conjuration Implement (Replacing the useless Resonant power with the champion's Séance Boon)

This would net me full BaB, an additional scaling damage and attack bonus, the ability to expend three mental focus in order to pick up a combat feat, and the best part is that I can still use a Greatsword, as I can just carry the shield- I don't have to actually have it equipped/wielded. And for some /godforsaken reason/ the Occultist gets Enlarge Person and Lead Blades. Also, as a Half-Elf, should I take Ancestral Arms to get a falcata and 2-hand it?

Off the top of my head...

Rapid Shot
Manyshot
Precise Shot
Point-Blank Shot
Deadly Aim
Clustered Shots (but only if you can't penetrate DR effectively)

There might be another one I'm forgetting but that's the foundation of your average ranged build.

>DSP mostly hates us
They hate the /pol/ shit. They don't want their company to be associated with a general where it's become commonplace to appear once every second or third thread, and then derail it. The lewd shit is eye roll worthy and has become grating for some, but the former was certainly the last straw for many of them I'd expect.

If we allow this to become our norm for much longer, Jolly's bound to pick up his things. We're excluding ourselves away from the people who have made Pathfinder their passion to help build upon and throw in their own ideas.

Tanuki are literally the meme happy merchant.

Does anyone NOT hate /pol/ shit besides /pol/ themselves?

...DSP wrote elf-orc hybrids.

>The deep-seated enmity between orcs and elves can, on rare occasions, bely a strange sexual tension

I'm sure the people who are doing it know they are, and this only empowers them more.

So what do you think are appropriate back stories for level 8 gestalt characters in Taldor Ascendant.

Some easy ones I am seeing are:
>top agent of Lion Blades
>founder of a shadow school
>aid to the prince's inner circle (likely a court magi)
>member of Taldan noble clan
>ranking member or enforcer for the taldan merchant's guild
>ranking member of the army of exploration

Posting again in the hopes of getting some feedback. Bit of homebrew for a PoW Prestige Class called the Lance Revenant. Comments are enabled on the doc.

Things that need to be changed: change most references of "lance" to "polearm or spear", that was just working text.

docs.google.com/document/d/1BzVePAShASR6_GFDDD258M_Wsiwn4fjBDq6PiIs-N2U/edit?usp=sharing

Then ignore them if we all hate it so much. Report that shit because it doesn't belong here to begin with. Sitting back and letting them pop in to post again just lets another careless user take the bait.

Never played before. How do I get the party to defend/save my character in case they're down/dying? Beyond being useful.

Honestly m8, bows don't need to be killier.

The Augur of Battle... feat I think from the Spheres Divination book? Lets you use Int to hit if you're last in initiative.

It's kinda funny if you somehow end up with two people using it and fighting each other, since they'd both just keep delaying, wanting the other to take their turn first so they can get their int to hit.

I do, the mods don't take it.

You asking for RP reasons why they WOULD, or asking for combat / skill reasons why they SHOULD?

>am I crazy for wanting to do this Occultist Build?
Not really, Occultist is pretty cool. Note that you only get the BAB when wielding the weapon, making it a temporary bonus that won't let you qualify for feats that require +16 or more BAB.

It's unfortunate almost every Occultist archetype replaces Outside Contact, can't mix in Battle Host or Panoply Savant.

A bit of column A, a bit of column B.

Sounds nice.

Tanuki are neat but I have no idea what fucking class I'd play.

Augur of Combat, but thanks! Exactly what I was looking for, didn't think to look for something like that in there.

>They hate the /pol/ shit. They don't want their company to be associated with a general where it's become commonplace to appear once every second or third thread, and then derail it.
While I hate the /pol/ shit that crops up here, it's certainly not the reason the remaining DSP devs don't post here anymore. They all (with the exception of Forrest who left DSP) left because they were a bunch of primadonnas who couldn't go more than a month before exploding at a poster here for daring not to kiss the ground they walked on. Any criticism of their products was routinely met with aggressive demands for further explanation and then flippant insistance that "I have dozens of spreadsheets on my computer that prove you wrong. No I won't show them to you!"

>with the exception of Forrest who left DSP
Umm, did you see who just made the thread for the bloodforge infusions playtest?

And DSP or not, it's still clear she comes to talk about her stuff here much less often than before.

Yeah, spewing /pol/itical opinions is a part of the problem. Generally low standard of discussion is another one. It's very easy to derail everything to blinkling shitposting or fawning over THICC barbarellas or what have you.

I once knew someone who claimed she had "So much proof I can't show you just one".

Like, what the fuck, cunt?

>would
RP-wise, a pretty good way to guarentee it is to get your character, as that character to be somehow essential to the party. Maybe he's specifically the guy who's friendly with the Duke who's your contact, or maybe he's so important to the group dynamic that it can be construed as "it just doesn't feel right" without him, or make sure you have at least one really strong friend among the group. If you don't mind or if the group is okay with it you can also just make the resident female character your girlfriend.

>should
Either be a character who's tailored to the rest of the party to plug the gaps, or be a character who is just generally crucial. Wizards and their spinoffs, specifically, are pretty useful for this role because of their out-of-combat usefulness that really isn't supplanted by anyone.

I require opinions on race lore. I do not have many races in my setting, but I will go over a few here for thoughts:

>Goblinoids
The separate goblinoid creatures are not in fact different species, instead they form a greater single species. In this case goblins are infertile males, hobgoblins fertile males, and bugbears females. Their clans end up strictly matriarchal with a bugbear at its head. When giving birth to a litter generally one child will grow to a hobgoblin, if two do so both hobgoblins will likely be runts among their kind. Hobgoblins practice rampant homosexuality due to their pathological need to mate where as bugbears only become fertile at certain times of the year, this varies from bugbear to bugbear and depends on when they were born. Bugbears can actually choose when to give birth to a new female, and will often send one with several hobgoblins and goblins to be established as a sister clan. This creates vast networks of allied clans stemming from single Bugbears. Bugbears, opposed to goblins and hobgoblins are far longer lived, some reaching as old as two hundred. Goblins, the infertile males, are generally subservient to their larger fertile brothers, but only to a point. However both hobgoblins and goblins will religiously follow the orders of their Bugbear mother or current clan head, this is due to pheromones the bugbear produces. She will often cut portions of her hair off and give it to her servants, these hair soaked in pheromone oil she excretes, and will keep them subservient while away. Goblinoids away from a bugbear for a long periods of time, without such baubles, will grow to realize their subservience.

(1/2)

>tanuki

Hmmm. Yes, this will do just nicely.

>they were a bunch of primadonnas
This so fuckin' hard. The fact is that so many of their devs who were tasked with being the face of the company to us were a huge liability to the company so they pulled all interaction with us. That's how we went from people being dogpiled for turning their noses up to Pow to pretty much everybody hoping SoM can completely supersede it.

How do I play a faun PC?

>Umm, did you see who just made the thread for the bloodforge infusions playtest?
I imagine that's mostly just her running out her contractual obligations. She probably wrote her contributions for that months ago. It's pretty obvious her current focus is the Avowed and other Forrestfire stuff.

>Dwarves
Dwarven kind's "lust for gold" is quite literal. Dwarves have no sexes and are a single monolithic species. They are not born, and instead are built. An individual or a community will carve a new dwarf out of metal, stone, or gem and set them life using often poorly understood old rituals. One's material will often decide one's caste throughout life. Dwarven rich will carve their children of gold and gems, this creates a luxury for the rich of having a child as they can afford to pay for the materials of a child alone. Clans and communities otherwise will often come together to pool resources when creating a new dwarf. This is why clans exist, groups who come together to finance new dwarves as well as 'children of the community' where the new dwarf's 'parents' is every member of a town who pitched in. The poorest of dwarves can be made of materials like brick, slate, or even concrete. These urban poor dwarves are seen as disgusting creatures by their brethren often, and such dwarves are most common among populations living outside of dwarven territory. Rich dwarves seldom travel due to the inherent wealth of their bodies. Even if they carry no riches a golden dwarf represents half a ton of gold to the would be highway man. Using a dwarf's body after death is sacrilege, and dead dwarves are enshrined in their base parts. Old dwarven clans will have bars and vaults full of gems harvested from their ancestors. Dwarves however have no natural maximum lifespan and dwarven death only comes in the form of dwarves who died in violence, accidents, or of diseases that effect their kind.

>Dwarves have no sexes and are a single monolithic species. They are not born, and instead are built.
Oh now this is interesting.

Yeah, it sucks, but the good part is that all the archetypes for Occultist are so good!

You don't do posts like that out of contractual obligations.
More like she's stepped down from a position in the core staff (she was creative director for a bit and stepped down from that, definitely) but is still around.

I can not tell if you are being sarcastic.

Hey lads, does anyone have the name of those saddles they released in the recent Keleshite book? I'm looking for ways I could get reduced penalties for firing a bow while mounted without burning two precious, precious feats on Mounted Combat and Mounted Archery.

Oh that's easy, play an Azata or Agathion-blooded Aasimar and play them up as carefree, wise and whimsical. Remember, you are beautiful and happy, and you want to share that with the world!

>dogpiled
Oh god, I just remembered when Gareth was triggered by somebody posting the cover of his book in every thread and other anons started shouting about how they were going to buy more copies of the book just to spite the troll. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Gareth himself posting the image to drum up both conversation about the book and petty revenge sales.

I'm not being sarcastic, it's actually interesting sounding.

Any DSP aside, Jolly clearly posts less when all the /pol/ talk starts up.

I wonder if it will take him leaving as well to make the mistake sink in.

>Finally finished my Raunchy app!
>Realize that my chances of being picked are slim
The application process is just an emotional rollercoaster isnt it?

>I wonder if it will take him leaving as well to make the mistake sink in.
No we'll just rewrite the story again like . We'll turn Jolly into some self-important prick who was so full of himself that he left in a huff and forget all our shitposters that chased him away.

>implying the /pol/ posters care

The fact that our own ass backwards autistic homebrewer, DHB is more well behaved than their fucking company should show you why they are a bit of a laughing stock.

>The application process is just an emotional rollercoaster isnt it?

You become numb to it after a while, user! Tell us about your character, we'll tear 'em apart for you now!

Look I know they were PC back in reddit and all, but you are an entitled little queer if you think the board will change its culture just because somebody ""Important"" might get offended.

>The fact is that so many of their devs who were tasked with being the face of the company to us were a huge liability to the company so they pulled all interaction with us.

There are still devs around.

Can Gnomes and Humans have kids?

No thanks, I'd rather not get bullied until the game actually starts.

No, neither can Dwarves and Humans or Halflings and Humans.

There's a difference between being an asshole and being a nazi, user.

I dunno. Someone post the chart.

I think there was a passage somewhere that said that humies were pretty much compatible with all races but they just chose not to make half-halflings and half-dwarves a playable race because where would it end?

>Muh board culture

>Quarterlings

>Oh that's easy, play an Azata or Agathion-blooded Aasimar and play them up as carefree, wise and whimsical. Remember, you are beautiful and happy, and you want to share that with the world!

That sounds cute!

>Anyone who has differing opinions from me is a Nazi
Wow, you must love reading those gawker articles. How does it feel to be a kikepuppet?

>Latest Wrath of the Raunchy character
>Claims to be Kellid
>Name's not Kellid, art doesn't look Kellid, he doesn't even have overpowering ethnic pride towards Sarkoris

Not even a question of maintaining a culture, it's a purely pragmatic "If we chase the devs away we don't have as much influence over playtests and go back to being a general of zero worth"

Though I guess that's what some people want, too.

I actually agree. DSP devs often acted like ass hats so what should they expect in return? They shouldn't get special treatment. Often they acted like they wanted to be able to explode at people and get no consequences. It was silly.

>We should suck up to devs 4 da epic win!
Chirst you're pathetic

No, as in literally posting pro-Nazi imagery and ideological beliefs, user. Really, not everyone is against you.

>There's a difference between being an asshole and being a nazi, user.

Oh hello Amazon, I know you love putting things into boxes, but I don't like them!

We still have devs though, just not DSP. And I am ok with that because DSP devs for the most part were a bunch of self important ass hats.

Like I said, feel free to go back to your hugbox. I'm sure the Devs you want to befriend also frequent those sites.

>but they just chose not to make half-halflings and half-dwarves a playable race because where would it end?

There's already a bunch of "human with X ancestry" races, why would half-halflings and half-dwarves matter?

Do you want potential resources to use in your games to have been influenced by you, written by people who actually can kind of figure out what you want? Or do you just want to sit around, complain about nobody listening to you and having no influence on the hobby, and continue to stew in the belief that you're somehow MORE important BECAUSE nobody listens?

For that matter, do you even have games? Or do you just lay on the floor and not do anything of worth?

Why would anyone want to maintain a culture of hostility and fuckwittery anyway?

I don't recall them actually gunning for 'special treatment'. I recall at least a couple times that apologies were actually made. And really, it's better to keep going with the dang threads rather than get hung up on drama from last week that happened because someone got a bit upset.

But who the fuck cares? Do you seriously get triggered by a friendship windmill here and there? I hate /pol/ too but not because of what they think but because they're obnoxious little cunts about it and talk about it in the wrong place.

Yes this place isn't a hugbox it is literally a forum with essentially 0 censorship. The rules aren't going to change because someone doesn't like it. An occasional poster who does that shit happens. In /Pfg/ it is highly uncommon as a topic of shit posting.

Do I go full Two-Handed Weapon Fighter or dip into Barbarian at some point?

Basically should I go for Advanced Weapon Training or Rage Powers?

>/pol/-pots act like Veeky Forums is their own
Go back to your containment board you fucking bronies.

Because midgets are icky and human fucking a halfling brings those uncomfortable pedo vibes for some people.

>If we chase the devs away we don't have as much influence over playtests and go back to being a general of zero worth

Realistically, devs prefer to get comments through their posted docs or dedicated threads elsewhere. That way they get every single comment without having to worry about missing comments because they were in a thread that degenerated into perv and got culled.

And what's wrong with that?
So pretending to be a Teutonic Crusader and discussing the extermination of heathen scum is fine but as soon as its a different group its totally not cool?

what if they're just humans that are scaled down? and they're all shortstacks?

So basically the reasoning is 'We're huge bitches'?

No, being a DEUS VULTfag is just as annoying, because it's inaccurate on top of drowning out any potentially-neat ideas with idiocy.

>One happened hundreds of years ago.
>The other happened within living memory

Go back your hugbox then you numale cuck.

>culture of hostility
There's no culture of hostility. /pol/ posters need to go because they're retarded, obnoxious, and shove their shit in where it doesn't belong like random Trump shilling and "libtards" and hurr DA JOOS, on the wrong board no less, but I'm not even sure what the fuck you're referring to otherwise.

Weapons unless you want to be a clubman swinging around a weapon you don't actually know how to use, it's cooler.
Rage is good

It's not about acting like Veeky Forums is their own, it's about fuckwits acting like they're on /pol/ on other boards. Getting triggered by "offensive" images is not the correct response, if you actually get pissy at that shit then I'm sorry user but that isn't /pol/.

The thing is I am not /pol/. However if the fact that there is a /pol/ cross boarder in /pfg/ every few threads drove them away then they can stay gone.

>I don't recall them actually gunning for 'special treatment'. I recall at least a couple times that apologies were actually made. And really, it's better to keep going with the dang threads rather than get hung up on drama from last week that happened because someone got a bit upset.
They were hung up on it and obviously still are because they don't touch here any more. Really what I have to say is if their sensibilities are so delicate that occasionally shit posting ran them off then I don't want them.

On the bright side he's probably the least edgy male. Amadeus is still best though.

user DEUS VULTing is annoying as fuck but it's been on Veeky Forums for longer than a lot of websites have been alive. Hell you even have the PURGE people doing it from a technically different angle.

The /pol/ crossboarders need to go too though.

Maybe because of that, I've noticed devs give quicker and more direct feedback here than if you post on a forum, where they can let it sit for a while, or work on it without saying what they're doing.

So the best thing to do here is to VMC barbarian, then you get the best of both worlds (to an extent).

Well joking/memeing about a war that happened 100's of years ago is one thing.

Displaying a desire to kill large groups of people living today is another.

>The /pol/ crossboarders need to go too though.
They have as much right to discuss traditional games as any one else. I report off topic shit, but if they want to talk about nazi theme'd ttrpgs then I have no right to stop them doing so.

Lol, so someone bringing up their political views is bad but you redirecting to your own views isnt?

Consider the following: Devs stopped showing up because any advice or feedback given devolved into insulting the person rather than their writing. Telling someone "these mechanics are shit, here's why" actually has value, whereas telling them "you're shit, fuck off" gets them to, guess what, fuck off. And yet idiots then claim that they were "only acting properly" and that the devs are primadonnas for daring to leave when they ask for feedback and receive shitposting.

Just like pokefags, bronies, and everyone else with containment boards, they're free to be in Veeky Forums as long as they leave their bullshit at the door.

The thing is there are clearly some devs who can't take the heat and don't turn into little babies when someone posts something they don't like. Also ones who don't blow up at posters.

DepressedHomebrewer, for all his autism, is probably the most well behaved tripdev we have.

Ask Paizo, not me. I love draphs, personally.

I have no idea if that was the actual reason but I wouldn't be surprised.

>Maybe because of that, I've noticed devs give quicker and more direct feedback here than if you post on a forum, where they can let it sit for a while, or work on it without saying what they're doing.

If they catch your comment here, then yes, they'll respond here, but odds are they won't see it. And being able to think about it is a plus, because sometimes people post really insightful things, or post things that give a dev whole bunch of new ideas.

>WAA WAA! bad things are being said about the Jews
So basically we're not allowed to say anything remotely negative about your specific group?

I guess Voltaire was right again.

Why is this such a common thing for the more "liberal" game developers? Bioware is disgusted by it just as much as Paizo.

Pretty much
Realistically the only reason devs or people linked to the devs would come on Veeky Forums would be for AMAs more than anything else. It just doesn't work for actual discussion or long-term / in-depth questions.

>it's only okay to meme about death when it passes an arbitrary time threshold, 800 years instead of 80
Get over yourself. This is not your hugbox, if they're technically on topic and it doesn't break any rules then you have no right to stop them no matter how offensive they're being. If they're off topic then report their dumb asses.

>these things
Yes, they do. They need to stop acting like crossboarders and shouldn't be literally talking /pol/, but as you say, if they're on-topic then they're on topic and that's that.

No, someone bringing up their political views on Veeky Forums in general is bad. That's why they're shitposters.

>MUH FREEZE PEACH
Back to your containment board, furfag.

The only one bitching and causing a fuss is you.
And who the fuck are you to say who can and can't browse Veeky Forums? You suddenly think you know this board now you poser?

What?

user, saying bad things is completely different from lying or being idiotic in your opinions. Also what said, being entitled to an opinion isn't the same as being entitled to being a cocknugget.

>that the devs are primadonnas
Yes, because you're on an anonymous forum with essentially no moderation. I have no sympathy for them and they are being big babies. If you put on a trip and identify yourself then you should hold yourself to a form of standard while having it on.

I don't care about people not coming here for playtests because I can find and comment on google docs well enough without /pfg/. Also it's asinine to expect an entire website to change to cater to folks with delicate sensibilities.

Draphs are great desu.