The First Born

I'm running a post-Amon Protoss Camapign where characters can choose to be one of the four Protoss factions Khalai/Nerazim/Purifier/Tal'Darim.

I was wondering what possible reason would an Auir Protoss(Khalai/Nerazim/Purifier) would join the Independent Tal'Darim of High Lord Alarak?

Other urls found in this thread:

starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Evolution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maybe he found a rock under his pillow that had always been waiting there for the right moment for him to find it

upon it would be written a reason for him to join those guys, in 4th grade english, in prose expressing complete amazement at the most childish and simple concepts you could possibly imagine. think the sort of writing that would make a 8 year old roll its eyes over how patronizing and intellectually and emotionally immature it is.

Wow this sure is helpful

The Protoss have many ruthless figures in their history, the Tal'darim are the natural end point of that when not bound by codes of honor and later ethics from the Nerazim, Remember Even Tassadar was willing to glass planets, he was just the first one to think of giving the terrans time to evac, all it takes is a Protoss to think Artanis is making the Protoss soft

Anything to do with seeking power or a love of strength, Tal'Darim politics are game of thrones in space times 10 and their entire chain of ascendancy political system gives a powerful, intelligent warrior a way to command immense amounts of troops and resources as long as they can fight off the enemy.
Maybe joining them to gain power to fight an enemy or something along those lines? If you haven't already there's a great short story on the blizz website about Tal'Darim politics and the chain of Ascendancy, starring everyone's favourite dickhead, Alarak himself.

So basically the Tal'darim is group where anti-social and ruthless Protoss can go and thrive? Like a Protoss criminal would have the choice of serving his sentence or join the Tal'Darim.

possibly, but the Tal'darim had their own rules too, for example attacking a superior outside the ritual combat of Rak'Shir is unlikely to get you any friends, their version of Immortals are the Vanguard, criminals forced in a walking torture chamber until their crime is payed back in death, and the Blood hunters exist specifically to hunt down the disgrace of the Tal'darim

They were a religious extremist sect of the Protoss who served an evil god, the god shaped their culture by talking to their 'high lord', teaching them that the only thing that matters is to be strong enough to be free or some weird shit like that (I'm real tired at the moment so my lore knowledge is dusty), this created the chain of ascendancy. The chain is essentially a ladder of power, every Tal'Darim is a part of it from the lowest to the High Lord, whoever is below you is your servant and you can command them as long as it doesn't interfere with anything someone above you in the chain has said.

So it's ruthless might makes right protoss who were led by an evil god, overthrew him and now we don't really know what they're up to. Also introduced the one memorable new character in SC2.

There's two Tal'Darim. The ones in wings of liberty are just an example of protoss ideology taken to an extreme, and the Legacy of the Void Tal'Darim, which are a shit attempt to make edgier dark templar.

They're still the best part of Legacy. Fuck that game was stupid.

Are Purifiers sentient enough to be PCs?

Plenty of them are

Starcraft has always been a fucking cartoon

You think Artanis and Alarak have get togethers?

Unlikely, Alarak seems content to have simply cut hostilities after their alliance against Amon had served it's purpose, After that Artanis's problems are his own

More like Alarak comes to Artanis when he's bored.

hard to say, if Blizzard makes another DLC campaign for SC2 I'd love it to focus on the Sith-toss

Everything post WOL was fucking awful lad, anytime I mention it I get Starcraft 2 fanboys jumping down my throat, the campaign missions, cutscenes and voice acting are fucking on point but how can you defend the fucking story! Zeratul died for that shit, we lost everything that made the Zerg the Zerg and a lot of the Protoss fucking dickheads to have a feelgood anime tier prophecy piece of shit that did no justice to the first game, even if Brood War and Sc1 weren't exactly the non-cheesiest things around they weren't fucking post WOL tier awful. Fucking hell, the zerg were zerg and not a fucking bunch of Pokemon for an angsty teenage bitch to push around, the Protoss were twats who glassed planets all over the shop and now they're just fucking friends with everyone, the protoss fucking fought alongside zerg lads.

Post WOL starcraft story hurts me greatly.
Still grinding to Grandmaster league though, god help me but that shit's like crack to me, fucking RTS games are my kryptonite.

So what the idea of an actual alliance against a greater threat offends you? This isn't 40k where people are incapable of pulling their heads out of their asses. I'm happy to be fre of unlikable dicks

Dude Kerrigan doesn't control the swarm anymore. If anything SC2 ending reset the status quou

I want one on Niadra, that Broodmother that's abandoned on the Protoss ship on the way to Aiur, that could bring back some SC1 all out war goodness, a proper Zerg swarm returning to invade and fuck up the Protoss, none of this bitch zerg shit we had, hopefully Zagara brings it back though.

It hurts knowing we're not gonna get any more story than the shit we got for years now, I don't even know if they're continuing SC after the Nova packs. Fucking kill me lads, I'm addicted to ladder and I need my Starcraft for fucks sakes.

Starcraft lore got shitty when they tried to redeem kerrigan
Then she became jesus

At least my boi Abathur is still alive.

By all means I'd love a Niadra Game, with Zagara playing nice in the Novel, we need some non feral zerg to be an asshole still, that's my thing, I'm fine with non-dick versions of any faction existing as long as the asshole versions are still running about

I was on board for her redemption, but making her one with the phoenix force was awful.

Zeratul died giving artanis a haircut

He's Overqueen Zagara's bitch, he tried to make the zerg act like the zerg again, plotting against her even, he got bitch slapped hard for it

I thought Zagara is following Zerg directives like good ol fashion Zerg?

yeah, I'm sleep deprived so I'm probably not making much sense.

First of all, I'm ranting about the events of mainly Legacy and HOTS, Post 'old zerg' Kerrigan felt like a fucking whiny teenage girl. I'm happy she's gone and we can go back to actual zerg, not pokemon friendly zerg we had under Kerrigan.

The thing that pissed me off was how the Protoss who fucking glassed inhabited worlds whenever they even suspected Zerg infestation just fought alongside them no problem.
What makes it worse is the failure of the in game events to make amon and the hybrid seem scary. In the lore we all know Hybrid are these alien badass super powerful mind control fuckers but in the game all we got was a spooky voice and some squid, don't even try and tell me Amon's reveal fell flat, we got a poor attempt at an eldritch abomination god thingy that just looked like an aborted squid.
I wouldn't mind the alliance if we had some Protoss very pissed off about it considering the Toss we see in Legacy are from the Spear of Adun, they're not clued up on current events, just look at Rohanna or whatever the preserver bitch was called, these toss should be pissed about having to fight with the race that killed their gods but we heard nothing.
I get what you're trying to say about the banding together against a greater threat and that makes sense to me, you're totally right that it makes sense. I'm hardly even awake at this point so I'm probably about to chat absolute shit here.
I think that I'd be fine with the alliance if we didn't have them fighting on the same god damn battlefields, us not hearing anything about the huge majority of their army who should be fucking rage that the race who destroyed their homeworld and borderline doomed their race is now their ally and they're expected to fight alongside them no questions asked, hearing stuff about it from Alarak, Fenix, Karax etc would make me less annoyed as I know we're not gonna get random zealots giving input.

Personally i would like to see terrans being terran,protoss being protoss, zergs returning to being zergs, and like 2 new factions

remember the Epilogue that mentioned an unexpected growht of life on once barren worlds? it was Zagara using Zerg made sleeping beings to magic it up

Read and Rage here starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Evolution

Or it could be kerrigan and raynor adan and eveing it up

I feel you, but man get some sleep

Never mind just clicked on the link, still kinda stupid but less stupid than that

no the book establishes this

Fuck I was totally incoherent there lmao, sorry lads but I hope you know what I'm on about. I think the villains who are supposed to be fucking GOD TIER WTF SHIT powerful fell totally flat, if you don't read the lore and stories you'd have no idea why they're supposed to be so powerful, scary and significant. The story we got was "oh no hybrid are like uh zerg and toss together which is scary because they've got strong bodies and good minds and shit" it was totally skipped over in game, same with why Amon was significant "it's like an uhh bad god and stuff?", if you read the lore you know this is some bad shit that needs to be stopped but in the game it's laughable.

Also taking away the evil swarm zerg pissed me off. Kerrigan's teenage girl arc in HOTS where she just cried and got angry about Raynor was annoying too, I know they were trying to show she was human again but bloody hell it felt so over the top and pointless to me.

Then we have the fact that these two races who are ancient enemies were totally chill with eachother and we heard hardly anything about it. I can understand Nerazim and Khalaii coming together to fight with no questions asked or concern raised but we get more short stories and lore about tension between them in the alliance period than we do with protoss zerg tension. It felt like they just conveiniently forgot that these Protoss warriors should want to fuck the Zerg up, even if the Zerg were bound to kerrigan's will and obviously didn't have a traditional zerg leader who would want to fuck them up.

How did Zagara become so... Nice?

Will do. Cheers user.

I'm guessing it's because of the mind fuckery Kerrigan makes Abathur perform on her. In HOTS from what we saw of her though she still seemed like a 'proper' zerg broodmother who wanted to go do old zerg stuff. Anyone got a source for all this Zagara being nice stuff btw? I can't find much on it, I must be missing a novel or short story or something.

SHe's clearly trying to follow Phoenix force Kerrigan's lead as the new ruler of the swarm, Abathur clearly wants to just go back to the way things were, hell even his army is nostalgic in Co-Op Commanders

Linking again, no real reason I can think of aside from wanting to emulate Kerrigan Senpai more starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Evolution

Based Abathur, knowing current Starcraft story I wouldn't put another Brood war off limits, Niadra and Abathur vs Zagara would be satisfying, it's a shame that Zagara has apparently become 'nice' though, all through HOTS I got the taste of 'old zerg' coming back when kerrigan was gone which I was looking forwards to, RIP cool Zagara I guess.

We need Niadra Protoss genocide machine back.

Primal Zerg are under Deaka right? Is he still alive?

>starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Evolution
Cheers mate, ordering this shit tomorrow, sounds like it's gonna send me crazy with my current hate for a lot of Legacy stuff but I can't turn down some more SC lore.

I don't know bout you guys but i voted for abathur

Do Raynors Raiders still exist?

I'm slowly plotting out a set of Campaigns, the first has Niadra as an antognist, the Third one is exactly that, Niadra and Abathur tearing up the koprulu because Niadra's sole meaning in life, Murdering Protoss is exactly what Abathur needs, it would end with a massive Siege on Slayn culminating in Niadra tiring of Abathur commanding her and they fight it out, in the end Zagara gets him and decides his skills are no longer worth his liability and starts getting more ruthless herself again

yeah he's still alive, no idea if he's with the swarm or off on his own with his pack

Does Abathur have command capabilities. I mean he's all tjats left of the Overmind's legacy

Yeah its like a new Brood War is brewing.

Fuck nevermind just finished reading the plot, that shit will make me rage, it just seems like they're driving the nail into the coffin for 'old zerg'

Niadra still exists somewhere, killing Protoss

Oh thank god for that. I was worried they'd forgot about her and abandoned the plot hook, I mean Niadra's brood and the UED are the two main things I'm hoping for in the next campaign, whether it's DLC or starcraft 3.

i kek'd

Would love to play Tal'Darim skinmed Protoss

most of them Joined the Dominion under Valerian Mengsk

he seemed to command the zerg, in the novel he collaborated with a zerg queen that shared his views

Just in tiem for the UED to arrive as Stukov has heavy handedly predicted, I think Co-Op commanders is being used as a stort of test bed for potential new/subfactions

Skins are around the corner I think

Can we hope for unique UED units?

Would you rather deal with nukes or battle cruisers? You know that mission.

distantly, not out of the question but so far not hints, save the Spartan Company Goliath mercs, established as UED survivors

You at least don't need to hunt the dot and use detection on battlecruisers.

I'm not big on Starcraft lore so I can't help you with your question, but might I ask what system you plan to use for the game?

The only nudge of help I could throw in is that you might make the players start as a joint-forces team in some really dire situation where the different Protoss factions are forces to cooperate by an outside problem.
After that, they can stick together through the bonds forced during that time.

Purifier "AI" was made from what's essentially mind imprints. They all are robot clones of someone who existed at some point. Purifier!Fenix didn't even realize he was a robot until explicitly told so, after which point he pondered his existence and chose his own name

There are a few that are straight-up combat AI like purifier zealots.

Still imprints. If it makes beepboop sounds - it's a "proper" AI, if it speaks - it's a 99% accurate clone

Man i don't remember shit

At least I ca appreciate SC2s attempt to not make the Protoss and Zerg as a monolithuc species

Cutting of your nerve cords essentialy bar you from using the Khala right? Everyone who cut their netve cords in the ending of Legacy are basically Dark Templar

essentially, though it seems that they can manage a more traditional psionics still

Reminder that Kerrigan became an Avatar of Khaine

Shame the games went to such shit after WOL, I couldn't even finish the protoss campaign

Dark Templars/Nerazim still have different customs and shit, severing your nerve cords doesn't automatically make you one, but it does fast-track you to being one

Legacy was leagues better then heart of the swarm, I'm willing to put up with alot but Kerrigan lost me when she had to leave because her home planet needed her

Daily reminder that the best part of Starcraft is the UED.

I know Protoss can't have sexual tension, but damned if I didn't see Artanis and Selendis wanting to do the orifice-free nasty.

The Khala Sutra.

Making a life for Auir.

They have females, they have tits. It's enough to justify it for me

Just imagine how difficult raising the next generation of protoss will be since they'd have nerve cords while their parents don't.

Oh wow.

Imagine puberty with a Khala of nothing but teenagers and children.

it actually sounds like some good social drama to create new factions

Come to think of it, the Tal'Darim still have their nerve cords, but don't use the kahala. I'd imagine there would be talk with them on just how they manage that as they develop.

that's partly because they left before the first Eon of Strife, thus had no exposure to Adun's Kahla, but they also use drugs like Sundrop and Terrazine to keep themselves cut from it

>its a starcraft discussion episode
we don't have these often enough, none of the /v/ related boards ever seem to actually talk about it

>Protoss don't have orifices
I've always thought that this is stupid.

Engineered aliens too alien for you?

You are the anime faggot if you believe people who once fight each other cannot work together when circumstances forced them to.
Real life history show that it happens.

Its a shame because after void the setting is really open to an rpg.

They absorb sunshine and happiness. It makes a lot of sense really they are a post eating species.

When the Kuala shatter, A became lost until Tal'Darim(T) found A.

P is just memory of someone else, he seek his own path and that lead him to T

N dislike the unification, so he wanted a place away from home.

Can Zerg be playable PCs after LotV?

Im aure Artanis and Vorazun still have "get togethers"
IF YA KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN

>not Selendis
You will accept my extremely obvious pairing and like it

Never.

I want to lick her face and make her get over her disgust for human mouths

Does Abathur have what it takes to be Overmind 3.0?

I certainly hope so.

What are the major Terran Factions other than the Terran Dominion?

The Umojan, aka Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Film.

Defenders of Man?

The Umojan Protectorate, the Kel-Morian Combine, and the United Earth Directorate (though I'd argue they really should be their own faction with their own technology.)

StarCraft 3 is just UED vs Niadra's/Abathur's Swarm vs Tal'Darim. Would you play?

Yes.