But it's what my character would do!

> But it's what my character would do!

But will Maeteris and Gallardi ever hook up`?

excellent question

whenever Mr Trident updates his shit story

>Not shipping Gallardi and Shepard

Whats wrong with you?

>be loyal guardsman
>find yourself in mass effect universe
>everyone is a xeno loving heretic
>work for shepard litterally only to further mankind
>tfw eldar woman you arived with is the closest thing you have to home
>tfw you'll bang ok

this is now a eldar x human thread!

k

"Normally I would no qualms about and I would much prefer to do just that, but it's in our best interests for me to not sabotage this." - My NE druid who is a well-established arsonist and violent.

Still love the fucking stupid face on the tyranid.

So fucking stupid.

I love it.

Then your character is going to die for stabbing the king in the face during a negotiation.

its inevitable!
This ship is pure love!

k

But who to choose? There are too many beautiful waifus on imperial ships!

To al you wondering what this chucklefuck is talking about.

He'srefering to a fic called "The mission stays the same" written by some ukrainian guy.

It about a guardsman and an eldar farseer being transported into the mass effect universe by warp shenanigans.

Its pretty well written and the story has some interresting wits, including a huge armsrace starting because of the guardsmans lasgun and plasma pistol roflstumping everything.

as soon as Harry and Aurora get together when Dresden rides his dinosaur

Isn't that the fic that never gets updated?

Unfortunately, the husbandos are a bit trickier

Also the whole "will they bang thing" is basicaly people speculating if they will get together since everything around them is so alien in comparison.

Its a good story, you should check it out.

he needs to take a page out of Louks book and get possessed by Khorne after saving her from a dark eldar

Hang in there knife ear. Theres a human for every xeno out there in the galaxy

What in the world is this thread?
And why are they talking about some crossoverfic from years ago?

fine

>Lasgun

>More powerful than Mass Effect guns.

But how?

user Mass Effect Guns have virtually unlimited ammunition and fires at speeds measured in fractions of the speed of light.
The strongest man portable weapon in the game lorewise just fires a slightly larger projectile. (NVM gameplay which ignores all of that after the first game)

Lasguns also have virtually unlimited ammunition, and they fire at THE speed of light.

Its because they completly ignore kinetic barriers in the story.
This results in scenes where the guardsman is shooting fish in a barrel, since the mercs rely on their barriers and dont use cover enough.

I for one welcome our new hot Aledari waifus overlords desperate to perpetuate their species!

Wait, doesn't thick clothing stop a las charge? Wouldn't standard ablative armor stop it? I mean, the plasma pistol makes sense, but I'm not sure about the lasgun.

Also means that every one and their mother is trying to aquire the weapon, since its a revolutionary piece of tech.

>fractions the speed of light

small arms are not near that strong.

as for why lasguns being 'strong' its because it's an energy weapon, which are not stopped by kinetic barriers (can't remember if they are blocked by biotic barriers or not) and in story no one uses cover as one might expect since they can pop out safely and rely on their shields to take a few shots. it's also a hotshot las gun if i remember

Normal lasguns can burn through steel. Mass effect armour is useless.

>xenos
>not going after superior imperium waifus
Protect this kreigs smile user

yeah think he was actually a stormtrooper. Explains the pistol and power sword

There are directed energy weapons in Mass Effect. You can use a Prothean particle rifle in 3 and a collector laser beam in 2. Both of them can be stopped by shields. Why would a lasgun be any different?

I think the story explains it away saying they are not "true" laser weapons. Whatever that means.

the particle rifle is still 'kinetic' in terms of shield and barrier interaction. warships use GARDIAN lasers on missels, and they can go though the shields that ships or the missles might have.

>Imperium waifus
>no ears

How could you not want to pump this lovely thing full of your half-breed child?

Not to mention that captain Gallardi also has a power sword and plasma pistol, wich might be even more valuable due to their advanced technologi.

By "go through" do you mean "bypass"? Because GARDIAN lasers don't BYPASS shields, they OVERWHELM them. Also, those are massive, ship-sized weapons as opposed to a man-portable flashlight.

user stop being a heretic and protect the smiles of the SOB

Why would the group travel with a person that behaves like that in the first place?

SOBs that smile are heretics. They're supposed to be soldiers, not people.

user, the powersword is so far up there it would take decades to figure out. the plasma pistol is only a little bit behind it. Mordin can recreate the gas mixture, but he couldn't figure out how the gun actually worked.

the lasgun is so wonderful because it is so simple for the mechanicus to produce en-masse since the tech is relatively low to make. and it directly scales with how much power you put in and how big you make the gun.

las tech is so versatile and easy to figure out that it makes it so much more valuable to the Alliance

>Lasers are not blocked by the kinetic barriers of capital ships (bar the ones employed by the Reapers, whose barriers are capable of blocking them to an extent). However, the range of lasers limits their use to rare 'knife fight'-range ship-to-ship combat.

i got that straight from the wiki

>Kinetic barriers are repulsive mass effect fields projected from tiny emitters. These shields safely deflect small OBJECTS traveling at rapid velocities.

>The shielding afforded by kinetic barriers does not protect against extremes of temperature, toxins, or radiation.

I mean since the shields dont prevent light from going through them, i fail to see how they wold stop a lasbolt

I thinkthat at this point in the story, the alliance should just do a good old style military coup on earths goverment. They know the reapers are real, the farseer made sure of that, and they have the means to do so (lasguns).

Too survive humanity would need to go full war economy.

Huh. Wrong I was, then. Fair enough.

Still, I'm not sure that the laser would penetrate the armor underneath the shields. I mean, a lasgun is stopped by flak armor in 40k, why wouldn't Mass Effect armor stop it?

>implying that anyone who can do anything isn't already informed
>implying that there hasn't been secret buildup over the past 2 years in preperation
>implying that anderson didn't use his authority to speed things along
>implying that Hacket isn't doing shit

>implying that a full coup isn't exactly what the reapers want, tying up Alliance resources to quell riots and the sudden coup, and opening the colonies up to furhter collector raids, slaver attacks, and might give the council a reason to step in and curt tail the Alliance in favor of the civilian government

i see right though you, Reaper Thrall

Flakk armour in 40k is made to heat resistant, with ceramite and all that.

ME armour is disgned to stop fast moving sandgrains projectiles, and is not thick enough to stop as lasbolt.

Remember desbite the "le flashlight" meme lasguns are pretty powerful.

i could try and hand wave it away as since the armor has shields, it skimps on physical protection a little. but in all honesty it's because of plot reasons

ME armor has ceramics in it, but like you said i probably has to do with the armor being deisnged to stop kinetic weapons and not energy weapons.

yeah plot comes first. And the image of a glorious guardsman roflstomping everyone and cutting through shields and armourslike toilet paper is too good to pass.

Including Tyranids in that?

If so, I'm calling bullshit.

But if done the traditional way humanity has no chance,
In the original ME timeline conventional victory was impossible.

With a swift coup and martial law,humanity will have a chance to fully mobilize and implement the new las tech.

And extensive propaganda to to civilian population should keep unrest minimal. Remember there is an INVASION coming.

srry, meant to say, Theres a human for every xeno waifu out there in the galaxy.

and I consider a waifu as requiring the ability to potentially be a crossbreed child-bearing female.

Tyranids are mostly out as they are sterile.

It also precludes orcs because they lack sexual organs as far as I know, otherwise I have no objections

Are you saying that my dreams of a wych harem are just around the corner?

wha about tau tho?

They cant interbreed

Anons
stop

fak u'

xeno waifu best waifu

user i....

Don't worry user, there's a waifu for everyone (though certain scum don't deserve superior Xeno waifu and must settle for Chaos waifu), not talking about anyone specific or anything...

I don't see why they can't

They have a face pussy to fuck. They can have bluebabies.

OVERWHELM THEM, Brothah?

Your brothers are currently indisposed

Non-ignorable portions of the combatants in ME decide that Barriers are all they need for defense and dress like a stripper underneath that. And being able to negate barriers is a huge advantage anyway as it's easier to get ridiculously strong barriers that make you practically invincible then physical armor that makes you practically invincible, which would also probably make you nigh-immobile as well.

THIS IS NOT FUCKING CANON

create bluebabies for the greater good

>"But it's what my character would do!"

I have two rules about this shit in my game.
1) as long as you don't start getting autistic, stupid, or creepy (I don't give a fuck that your character 'totally would rape that captured female bandit' or would 'totally stab the queen because you think that'll somehow make you the king'. keep that shit out of my game because I run lighthearted fantasy games not grimderp Game of Thrones shit)
2) don't disrupt the plot. I told you when you joined what the game was going to be like and made it a condition upon joining that you would all more-or-less go along with what I had written. You agreed, You had more than enough oppurtunity to back out and plenty of forewarning. If you decide five sessions in to abandon the plot because "it's what my character would do!" Then I take that as you going back on your word and you can fuck off.

>If you decide five sessions in to abandon the plot because "it's what my character would do!" Then I take that as you going back on your word and you can fuck off.

there should be some leeway there. the plot shouldn't be 100% static, it should be allowed to breathe and grow, within limits of course. if you can't adapt and keep everyone at least wanting to do what you have written, than you should know your players better. ya gotta balance between the two.

Who would be the wrong in this situation?

>player's character pisses off another player's character because "its what he would do"

>other player kills his character

Depends on how player 1 reacts, if he's a hypocrite who can't stand other people acting IC he's being a shithead, if he's reasonable about suffering consequences and doesn't give player 2 shit for doing the same as he, no one's a bad guy and you have a pretty solid group.

So good!

What is this thread?!?

Because That Guy's demand group / party solidarity when it's in their interests only.

Your character is a role, not a flow chart.
You can find a way to stay in role without being antagonistic.

was there a human x SoB fic?

I have a weakness for sorotas. White hair, muscles and a predisposition toward closet lesbianism

?
Where did you read that?
Lasguns can melt steel beams...

good thing i am consequent about introducing characters to the consequences of their actions.
and fucking up the whole plot is just a nice base for a new plot

Lasguns kill by delivering large amounts of heat energy. It boils away ceels and tissue instantly and should be able to melt steel.
This is why 40 flakk armour is full of ceramite and other heat resistant sci-fi materials.

In short, the author knows what hes doing.

You guys should check out the strory.
Its called "The mission stays the same".

>you will never a water caste giantess

Here is evidence senpai

I usually have the opposite problem.
>playing a dangerously unstable explosives expert
>Guys, my character would probably to but that would kind of be detrimental to the party.
>do it user. If it's in character it's cool
>Yeah but it's pretty bad
>Just do
>... fine. I throw the party barbarian off the cliff.

In my defense, he survived, and my character was very angry with him over a similar situation.

Depends on what in-game thing the character did. If he tries stealing from the parties barbarian, so the barbarian chokes him to death? Barb was acting "in character" so it's fine.
If the second character murdered them as an out of character overreaction, then it's not fine.

Wut. LMAO.

That's the essence of roleplaying mate. If I play a violent sociopath, then I do violent sociopath actions. It doesn't mean I'm a violent sociopath in real life, only that I play one.

Often, to signify that I don't condone raping little girls or burning orphanages or whatev, the sentence 'it's what my character want to do, not what I want to do in that situation' appears in play. Perfectly normal, perfectly usual, perfectly healthy roleplaying.

>See this a couple of times now
>Have no idea what in the fuck it's from
>Think it's just from a novel I haven't met yet
>See
>Suddenly remember that fic
>Remember Gallardi is going through an existential crisis because not everyone is a total cunt in this universe
>Remember that Meateris and Gallardi are the closest things of home to each other
>Which is funny because both have basically sworn the extermination of the other
>TFW they're both basically the old people reminiscing over how shitty their time was
Where did this meme come from? Did the story recently get updated?

Well, I can probably say that you and you violent sociopath characters do have 'being an asshole' in common.

The amount of times ive seen this done in GURPS, with full respect to the disadvantages system, is just insane

>or would 'totally stab the queen because you think that'll somehow make you the king

What if you're roleplaying an actual idiot

>In Brok's village, leader decided by who killed last leader
>Then whoever kills new leader gets to be newest leader
>Brok never got to be leader, but this leader seem really small
>Brok think he could take her

Right then it would be the party's duty to keep someone who's simply acting in character in check

my DM has forced my character into that position more than I've actually done it

this has made party betrayals kinda interesting

ah heretically superior taste!

>kinetic barriers
They can stop energy attack, and they have energy resistant armors. Just saying.

>Kinectic barriors
It's literally in the fucking name, they are designed to stop kinectic projectiles going a certain speed. They aren't energy barriors.