Post-Apocalyptic Thread

In this thread, I storytime a post-apocalyptic Punisher comic and we talk about the big one.

Other urls found in this thread:

factsanddetails.com/asian/ca67/sub429/item2516.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't forget to post if you're enjoying because I can't bump the thread

Hell yes, keep this shit comin' boss.
One thing though, since I'm dumb. By the big one, you mean the apocalypse, or THE apocalypse?

The X-Men's run of The End unfortunately does not take place during the post-apocalypse.

I don't know if Apocalypse plays a role because I haven't read it yet.

I like the detail of the changing panel border color throughout this issue.

Kinda gives it the feel of being put together raggedy, like frank himself.

I think it's symbolic of their radiation exposure, at least until this part

That's all she wrote!

Here's my favorite panel.

I guess I can bump after five minutes or something

That is about as dark an apocalypse as I have ever seen. Something that people don't take into account a lot of the time when writing post-apoc anything is the natural urge of people to come together in times of great trials.
Obviously, there's no real data on this sort of things, but the psychology of people in a really bad disaster might be interesting reading material, I mean, I imagine there's a point where you snap people over from banding together to complete breakdown of social functioning. We hopefully will never know where that point is.

I had a different sort of idea for a post-apoc game- something closer to Guilty Gear.
>In 2300, mankind grasped the pinnacle of the sciences- magic.
>Using calculations beyond imagining and a theory developed by a mysterious man known only as the Magi, humanity was for the first time in history able to rewrite the 'source code of physics', allowing them to modify the properties of matter in ways normally considered impossible. For the safety of the remainder of the universe, they limited their practice to a specialized, isolated building known as the Sphere, located in the neutral territory of the Antarctic.
>The miracle-making machines solved vast swathes of human problems and negated most energy concerns, but its limited influence left humanity unsatisfied. Setting themselves to the task of being able to produce miracles anywhere, humanity eventually were able to modify test subjects to safely generate and sustain the properties of the sphere's influence within a range.
>But rather than giving the subjects unchecked, godlike power, the Magi treatment left their targets mentally feeble outside of their particular purview and duty. Docile and childlike, they were unable to attack humans with their powers and their self-direction was limited. Without protest, they acted out the will of the human race.
>However, protests against the human rights violated by the creation of Mages and their treatment as slaves led to a secret investigation where a horrible truth was unearthed. Mages, besides having little will of their own, also created a latent field of mental influence unknown to designers that slightly bent human thought along similar axioms as their own. When confronted as to this fact, the Mages simply indicated that they were following their directives to aid humanity.

There's a trick to that.

Make the OP from your phone connected to your 4G.

After that, use your computer to post.

>The fallout of this information was incredible. Mages, though invulnerable to conventional damage, were targets of unsuccessful lynchings and assassinations by people who believed that complete mental freedom was too high a price to pay for miracle-workers. When their attempts proved futile, they stole information on the nature of Mages and the Sphere. From this secret information, they were able to develop weapons and armor capable of taking the life of a Mage and negating their influence. Because the nature of the tools weren't able to be explained to most humans, they were called Black Box weapons.
>Because Mages were unable to harm humans as part of their limitations, other humans who sought to protect Mages (and some simply the way of life Mages provided) responded with force as well, developing their own versions of the Black Boxes. Several small wars popped up around the world, a fact that culminated in an attack on the Sphere, hoping to prevent the creation of any more Mages. However, when the innermost secrets of the Sphere were breached, the Black Box weapons carried by intruding soldiers caused an unexpected reaction, removing the Sphere, Mages, and anyone in possession of Black Box weapons or within their range of influence from known existence, seemingly vaporized. Due to the world-shaking effects of this damage, it was known as the Götterdämmerung.
>Without the Mages and the technology formed from magic, humanity began to fall apart. However, one hope remained. In secret, it turned out that a Mage, normally considered infertile due to the tremendous differences between humans and Mages, had impregnated a woman with a child. Immediately, she was put under the protection of the law and the child was studied extensively. Once the child's genetic makeup was studied, he was cloned in a desperate attempt to ensure at least one Mage lived. However, the only labs that had enough capability to support a clone belonged to ex-rebels.

Gotta say, I fucking love the punisher. I loved this comic, OP. Thanks for the dump.

>As a result, one of the scientists involved in the cloning process was secretly an anti-Mage, and though he was not in the possession of a Black Box, he was able to have a set of allies develop one in secret, stealing resources from the lab to do so. He sought to destroy Mages for good, and bode his time, stealing and copying information and notes on the development of the clones. However, by the time his allies had provided him with the Black Box, the first clone brought to age by expedited development was now a boy, and showed no signs of being a Mage. Rather than possessing a Mage's unnatural docility, the boy was simply quite intelligent, though he had no visible capacity for magic.
>But while the scientist had second thoughts about whether to kill the boy, his allies did not. In a sudden raid, they used the Black Box they had made to destroy those clones still in development and the mother of the natural Mage child, placing the weapons in the hands of their most capable soldier. When they turned their weapon on the oldest clone, however, they were unable to find him before the man carrying their Black Box was slaughtered by re-enforcements. To make things worse, the boy was able to use the Black Box himself. While it was in his hands, he was invulnerable, Black Box weapons or no, and he gained the power to use a limited amount of magic without the restriction that humans could not be harmed.
>The cloning project was renewed, but in addition, the last Mage's ability to return the world to a part of its former glory made him a virtual god. Some women, desperate for power after witnessing the end of magic, attempted to seduce him for his child. His influence, intelligence, and subsequent hero-worship, as well as the alarming nature of his origins, made him proud and arrogant, demanding humans meet his ever-increasing standards. But it would not last.

>Unbeknownst to the Mage, certain ordinary humans became able to use magic, as they had been altered by the Mages of the past to think along the same lines, eventually culminating in naturally-forming powers. None of these had the range or influence of the main Mage or his clones, and suffered from weak wills like old Mages, but the Mage eventually became paranoid that his worship was at an end. Killing one of his 'brother' clones and declaring that no-one else could use Magic, he threw the world once again into a state of war.
>Hail, heroes of the World After! Do you possess the will and power to oppose the mighty Mage, or are you merely seeking to survive in a world fallen from the glory of the modern age?

Well, the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki sure seemed to do the trick locally.

factsanddetails.com/asian/ca67/sub429/item2516.html

It says here that large portions of the survivors in the city just wandered off, dazed, clumping together in groups without really thinking (like a zombie or something).

Bumping

You're on the wrong board son.

While you are correct that this IS the board for whining about identity politics, it also used to be the board for talking about post-apoc scenarios.

Neither of those are true.
This is a board for traditional games. It says so in the title. You're looking for

What's a good system for an actual post-nuclear game where dying of radiation inside three days is the most likely outcome?