Why are bards made to use armor?

Why are bards made to use armor?

When was the last time you saw an unarmored bard?

In bed

Because why not? It helps protect their squishy bits and it doesn't impede their ability to play an instrument.

Of course, if that isn't their thing, they can always invest in evasion instead. With a bard, you aren't pigeonholed into any role if you're creative enough.

/thread

>his bard isn't armored
You are playing your bard wrong. Picrelated.

>not dipping into Dragon Sorcerer or Stone sorcerer

Finnish mythology has an actual bard. The center figure, the Singing Sage Warrior, Väinämöinen.
He didn't wear too much armor. But he had a sword, was wise and made a kantele (an instrument) out of the jawbones of a huge and monstrous pike he killed.
However, he was so old that the young girl who was to be his wife drowned herself rather than go along with it.

I forgot his magic. He could sing people into a swamp.

Here's a real bard.
Bard should be played as a druid-warrior-scholar who plays songs and doesn't transform or wear armor.

Bard in his natural habitat.

>classes are a straight jacket, where everyone in it must dress the same, and act the same
for what purpose

If I had to guess, it and the reason bards had to initially be fighters are holdovers from the fact that Shakespeare was once a soldier himself.

>Why are bards made to use armor?

Because it's metal.

They are a straightjacket when your class is made to wear armor.

Because everyone is made to use armor if they weren't then there are less in game items for them.

Because in D&D everyone, I repeat EVERYONE was made to be a fighter first and something else after. That is why fighters are the worst thing ever because they are the vanilla template with nothing cool to add.

When they were busy hitting on bar maids and waiters and other retail employees...

Why Do Bards really like hitting on retail employees? To practice their skills on?

Because bar wenches are as easy to bed as bards.

>TFW no bard with dedicated unarmed combat feats who's a cancan dancer but at the first signs of trouble reveals herself to be a fearsome warrior who uses powerful kicks against her enemies and pelvis crushing leglocks against her prey

I think it has more to do with this one bard during the Norman Invasion singing the chanson de Roland while juggling with swords. Truth is stranger than fiction.

/thread indeed

This!

Playing a Fighter is like ordering a sandwich with nothing in the middle yet people will still complain about how bland they are during play.

It's baffling.

>Why is a person capable of wearing armor ?
Geeeee, I wonder why

At best, that bitch is taking 3d8 damage, which is manageable to a level 3 martial who didn't dump CON and roll absolute shit for their HP rolls.

Fantasy armour thread?

Fantasy armour thread.

I wonder if the SJWs who keep posting that realize it was first drawn by a snuff artist.