Alternative:What magic colors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8goQyjvcjdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chaotic Good

Mono-Red

Phoenix Clan

Anarchist

Wick is a Scorpion Swordsman of Bitter Lies who married a Pheonix Bride and retired to her home after earning leave from his Bayushi lord by slaughtering tons of dudes.

Is the movie really that good?

It's a decent action flick. It's more of the first, and better. If you liked the first, you'll like the second.

The reason the Wick films are good is they're self aware. They know they only exist as a medium for revenge fantasy and badassery and slick cinematography. The plot is as bare bones as you can get - snivelling little shitweasel kills a mans dog. But it turns out he killed the wrong fucking mans dog. The reactions of everyone around said little shit as they realize what he did are perfect. Wicks reaction is perfect. The way it just continually escalates as said little Shit desperately tries to save his life is perfect.

It's a popcorn flick without pretensions. By embracing what it is is becomes something purer, something somehow not as dumb as the sum of it's parts would suggest.

>The plot is as bare bones as you can get
But the actor casting is top-notch. If you are familiar with movies where the actors usually play, you know exactly what to expect.
Keanu plays a slightly autistic badass, while Dafoe plays a rich, sophisticated man. Adrianne Palicki plays a crazy, backstabbing bitch, while Michael Nyqvist plays a powerful and charismatic head of mafia family.
That's the fucking beauty of it. They fit their roles like a glove.
It's like that time when Repo! The Genetic Opera cast Paris Hilton as a mindless bitch of a daughter of the head of a wealthy corporation that basically rules the world.

>slightly

Apparently, the main character is a terrible DM, but people seem to like it apart from that.

>mindless bitch
She pulled an impressive "i was just pretending to be retarded" in the end, duping her brothers and gaining full control over the company, so i wouldn't say "mindless".

>I don't get a saving throw, John?
>Good night, Jimmy.

Eh, I wouldn't say that Paris Hilton is mindless either, it's just the image cultivated by the media.
Eccentric and slightly batshit? Sure. Mindless? Nah.

The hitman: True Neutral
The author: Lawful Evil.

Murderhobo.

After the end of the second flick, literally.

Indeed she just knows how much money she can make with the dumb bimbo act

Yeah, which is what made her casting rather genius. You want someone to be immediately discounted by the audience as a brainless idiot rather than carefully examining her? Paris Hilton is a great option to disarm them.

You're very right.
The Honest Trailers interview showed this, and it was GOOD. The guys enjoy what they do, and make sure to do a proper movie, they're just glad it works out well for them.

Funny thing, they actually fought hard woth the studios for the dog kill, because it's normally a movie killer, except in this case they managed to turn it into a valid reason to have sympathy for John.

She really had the last laugh
Remember when everyone said Lindsay Lohan was gonna be more successful?
Incidentally, what is Paris' alignment?

If you didn't go out and watch the first and second one immediately based on the trailer or reviews, you're probably the kind of autistic snob who hates all movies except the most boring ones with 100% rotten tomatoes rating and 14% audience rating.

Well, John Wick is pretty much the anti-thesis of
> the most boring ones with 100% rotten tomatoes rating and 14% audience rating.
It's really what every movie should aspire to be in that it's MOVIE FIRST, and everything else including the plot later.
Its camera work is slick, choreography of the fights - awesome, and cinematography - sublime.

Like, really, if you're watching a movie for the plot first and visuals later (CG and other special effects are not included in this particular definition of visuals), then somewhere something has gone wrong. Not to say there aren't genuinely great movies that put plot first and visuals later, but if you're putting plot before visuals - why is it a movie at all instead of a book?
Picrelated applies strongly.

>if you didn't listen to reviews you're probably a faggot who only listens to reviews

I didn't watch it because I think Keanu Reeves is boring and the title sounds boring and I didn't even get far enough to know what the premise is supposed to be

One of my friends is begging me to see the second one this weekend and I haven't seen the first one yet, what do

>what do
indulge your friend and watch an action movie with them

was wondering more if it's essential to see the first one first, or if it's something I can jump right into

To be fair, Reeves has greatly improved since the day of The Matrix.
Just watch the first one on netflix or something, then indulge your friend to see the second

True Brujah

True Neutral

Red

> tfw was excited to see Keanu playing The Neon Demon
> tfw the role wasn't even secondary in the movie
That said, he did indeed improve since Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

True Neutral, and not in a bad way. Wick is a reactionary character; he's only roused to action when someone forces his hand (by killing his dog or hiring him, for example). He has a set of goals, and once those goals are accomplished, he goes home. Additionally, he doesn't seem to have much of a preference in terms of Good vs. Evil or Order vs. Chaos. He won't actively break the rules, but doesn't have a problem with bending them a lot, and while he doesn't seem to have a strict moral code, he doesn't go out of his way to do evil either. So long you aren't standing between him and his target, you're safe and even if you are, he might give you a chance to take the night off.

Professional courtesy.

The movie is great fun, but you're the only one coming off as autistic here.

mfw

here
Spoilers used for actual spoilers.
The way he does that kind of thing, take the night off, professional courtesy, ect. makes me think of a Michael Weston that isn't afraid to actually kill people. Weston probably directly kills maybe a dozen people across the series, preferring to give mooks the chance to scram, shooting out their tires, nonlethally incapacitating them, ect. Wick isn't afraid to blast his way through the walls of human 3-gun targets, even double tapping downed guys. However, when he meets someone that's his match, and gets to a point where he doesn't need to kill to finish it, think Common and Fishburne's characters, he leaves them the choice and their lives. They were obviously firing lethal rounds at eachother and using lethal knife attacks earlier. But because he was able to stop it just short of the kill, it's basically the same as counting coup.

Also this scene from the first movie
youtube.com/watch?v=8goQyjvcjdo

>

>[20 kilogramov]
>over 60 pounds
20kg is 44lbs

True neutral.

Black/White

Chaotic Good

RAINBOWS

>
True Brujah, Path of Humanity

>SPOILER TEXT
and if he cant, well, it's nothing personal man. I hope you understand. BLAM

Fun fact: the only guy who John Wick struggles to actually kill (in the club scene, the one that goes into CQC mode) is played by the guy who played one of the agents in The Matrix.

Neo is literally fighting the agents again.

Also, Tait Fletcher dies in everything.

>The plot is as bare bones as you can get
The beauty of the film is that the "bare bones" plot has depth is you are sensitive to it. So you can watch the film and enjoy it all while thinking its all about his dog being killed and to a lesser extent his car being stolen. However you can also watch the film and enjoy it while realizing its about John's loss of identity. John has only ever had two things in his life that mattered: being a killer, and loving his wife. So when his wife died his grief was ten fold because he lost the only thing defining his existence. In this way when Iosef killed John's dog he lost his only hope at transitioning to a normal life (making him experience the loss of his wife again), and by taking John's car Iosef showed him that his abandoned killer identity doesn't matter either (he is an old wash up). Thus John's killing spree is motivated by his inability to kill his wife's sickness, his emasculation at the hands his previous employer and of the new generation, and his desire for normalcy. If his identity can't be defined by the love of his wife and the respect of his peers, then he will work through his anger by returning to his identity defined by the lust of his mistress (killing) and the fear of his peers.

The reason john wick is good is because it evokes the style of the old greats of action movies and then builds off of that. People reload, there are no meaningless explosions, John is not invincible, and the film has forgone the modern obsession with shaky cam and jump cuts to actually show the audience a fight which is visually interesting while allowing the audience to more easily suspend their disbelief. Its refreshing to see action that is actually captivating and not just a lazy blur fest or a stereotypical montage of explosions.

I just hope the second movie doesn't get pushed through the studio focus group machine and become a watered down caricature of its former self.

Vapid neutral.

In which club scene? In the first of the sequel?

The first one.

>I just hope the second movie doesn't get pushed through the studio focus group machine and become a watered down caricature of its former self.

Just saw it, it didn't. It's like the first one all over again, but world builds more. Same barebones plot but more of the world is seen and it sets up a 3rd.

I agree, howver I wasn't a fan of the ending

is everyone on the planet a fucking assassin?

The point of the setting is that, like Men in Black, New York is a city big enough to hide an underworld of assassins. So yes, almost everyone in NY is an assassin.

I'm going to hold off on my salt until JW3, hopefully that will clear things up

I figured they were all just good enough to know where he was, so there was a disproportionately high percentage of assassins in that area.

Ignore the guy calling you autistic. The pair are really, really entertaining and well-made action movies. If that's your cup of tea, then they're absolutely worth the asking price.

As for Keanu Reeves, he's actually pretty good in this movie. Most of his acting is physical since John Wick doesn't speak too much. But over the course of the movie the character becomes a completely rage-driven murder machine, and the rage Keanu projects is palpable.

8/10, would watch again.

to be fair, if a contract came up on my phone for john wick i'd just put it right back in my pocket

>Assassins start crowding around Wick
>They drop their guns at the end and are like 'dude can you teach us some shit'
>Heads to Chicago with assassins to make a different hotel
>Good end

Don't forget the obsession with headshots - not just as a sign of John's expertise as a killer, but to tell the audience he really did kill that man rather than simply wound him.

I thought the implication was at least partially now Wick isn't safe from anyone, and anyone could be an assassin. Not everybody there was a killer, but we now know that killers and assassins are everywhere in the world, and it shows that Wick is worrying about that too since now he can't simply sit above it thanks to buying himself out of the business.

Isn't Keanu friends with a lot of these guys?
Mfw we might be seeing Carrie-Ann Moss and Hugo Weaving, and then the rest of Keanu's friends.

WITH A FUCKING PENCIL

The dude is a fucking mercenary assassin. He's a sympathetic character, but he's Neutral Evil.

It's a good example of an Evil character not being a total dick. This is why people would rather say he is a Good or Neutral character who simply happens to be in an unsavory profession.

Remember the lines:
"Why am I not dead yet?"
"...because I willed it."

That is why there are so many people getting the text right there. That's why it is so dense.
It was a set up by the manager to let John know exactly how fucked he is now that he is excommunicato. A professional courtesy, if you will.

You might even say he is lawful evil since a large part of his grievance is about the underworld's new lack of respect for established figures (such as himself), rules (such as the continental), and agreements (him being out).