Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your favourite "flavour over mechanics" pick?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48686569/#48688821
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/roll-with-it-combat-goblin/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Personally, most of my casters are going to have a staff.
It might not even be magic because the rules for those suck ass unless you have lots of downtime, but I'm going to have one.

We were on page 7, you dweeb.

New threads only on page 8+.

Elves. They kind of got left in the dust, huh?

In a racial paradigm of kitsune, catfolk, blinklings, skinwalkers, aasimar, tieflings, ethumions, plain old humans, and bakeneko versions of all of the above, those knife-ears sure look vanilla.

How can we make elves great again in this rainbow of exotic races?

ctrl+z on space aliens lore, return them to being fey.

Make a big deal about how damn near any studied spellcaster has to know elven if they don't want to be shit at it; the long lived and magically gifted tend to spend their long lives being magically gifted, which makes most resources on the subject elven.

Athletic skills over a flight speed. I can't help it, it's just way more cool to climb and leap to the target than to float over to it.

Why has /pfg/ been on an anime streak lately?

Because millenials.

So... take something that makes them unique (literally not being from that world), and make them the same as almost every other race, in order to make them special?

Yeah... makes total sense.....

+Dex +Int Small race?

Tiefling halfling

Essentially, it is a concern that over the stretch from CR 1 to CR 20, average monster Perception rises at a rate higher than 1 per CR.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3

A CR 1's average Perception modifier is +4.6, while a CR 20's average Perception modifier is +33.8, which means an average Perception increase of ~1.54 to Perception over the course of those 19 CR increases.

Having a primary or secondary score keyed to Stealth is a great help for this, since you will probably be raising that score with level advancement, items, and so on.

Magic items, of course, can shore this up, but then that is patching the issue with magic items.

Fuck elves. Aasimar are more sacred, more beautiful, more good, more honorable, and more adored and respected by all races. Get out-Tolkiened you Tolkien wastebin race.

You can do that? What do they trade for it?

Lashunta want to have a word with you.

And sure, they become "not an alien" like most races (not like anyone bothers with the implications of that anyway) but then adds back on "is a fey" like literally no other race is.
Gnomes are like the fey's shitty cousin no one likes to talk about and don't have the creature type, so they hardly count.

So 14 dex, +5 competence item, +2 masterwork tool, +4 small size, +3 class skill, and 20 ranks for a +36 Stealth check. VERY minimal optimization here. I'm fairly comfortable with those numbers.

They are small sized instead of medium. Nothing else changes. It relies on having a GM willing to roll with it though, since even though tiefling of non-human races exist, the shits may not accept it.

Sorry, mathed wrong. Not small. So only +32, which I think is acceptable for such a minor investment.

>make obnoxious "perfect in every way" race whose only ""flaw"" is unrelatability to the less perfect races
Why is this so common? I blame Tolkien and Star Trek.

Not him but going close to 50/50 at beating the *average* is kinda shit if you are specializing in a thing. If you have a skill fully invested, in-class with item support and a decent ability modifier, you should be succeeding more often than that at it.

>browse taldor characters
>elf courtesan assigned to the job for no reason
>japanese-named taldor ninja
>literally recycled from sky pirates
>furry throwing a hissy fit

Why is /pfg/ so bad at making characters?

Because all the good characters got into RotJR in one form or another.

Minus whatever armor check penalty you have (lessened by 3 due to an upcoming racial trait), and as I have pointed out:
>Magic items, of course, can shore this up, but then that is patching the issue with magic items.

A more practical comparison point would be a 10th-level, Strength/Wisdom-based manul in a masterwork breastplate.

Dreamscarred Press balances material with 20 point buy in mind ( archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48686569/#48688821 ), so we will have to assume Dexterity 12 for our manul here. On the other hand, by 10th-level, dual-score-dependent characters can usually count on a +4 enhancement bonus to a primary and a secondary ability score. That manul probably has Wisdom 16+2+4 = 22.

Without Wisdom in the Flesh:
1 Dexterity modifier + 10 ranks + 3 class skill + 4 Small size + 2 shinobi shozoku = +20

With Wisdom in the Flesh:
6 Wisdom modifier + 10 ranks + 3 class skill + 4 Small size + 2 shinobi shozoku = +25

Average CR 10 monster Perception: +16.5

Both of them have reliable chances against a CR 10, but the Wisdom in the Flesh-using manul has *significantly* more reliable chances thanks to having spent a single trait for a 5 higher modifier. That is extremely helpful to have on a skill that you really do not want to fail, such as Stealth.

Basically, it is a concern of "Wisdom in the Flesh lets the manul scale that much better for such a small price."

>RotJR
>Good characters
You are delusional or have very low standards.

I was using a bare minimum investment, not specialization. With a +10 competence item and dex buffed with a +6 item, then you get up to a more reasonable +40.

Also distance penalties on perception checks, potential size, luck, and trait bonuses.

Desna is a space alien?

Wisdom in the Flesh is indeed an optimal choice for Wisdom primary characters, such as Manul. An optimal choice being a strong choice is not something we have an objection to - Brutal Slayer Stalkers, for example, also benefit to a massive degree from the trait.
It might be worth looking at it from the lens of "is it worth spending a trait for +2 initiative and +2 damage a maximum of 5*wisdom modifier% percentage points more of the time", rather than assuming that their Ambush racial ability is always worth optimizing to this extent.

No, she is a redeemed eldritch abomination.
Hence all her oldest servants aren't even humanoid and look like Mothra on LSD.

Oh, and two people who didn't bother to read the game chargen rules (furry and ninja).

One of the gods was a dude with a few levels in the NPC Warrior class that took the Test of the Starstone on a drunken bet.

So, the idea that the other Gods are weird isn't all that weird.

Tell me about your churches of Shelyn?

Some are basically art museums, some are part-church part-theatre and others are THE CHURCH you go to to get married.

>Shelyn
Meant Calistria

Talking of temples, where is the book dedicated to them in the trobe?

Do halflings make good swashbucklers? As far as swashbucklers go, I mean. I know.

>Implying temples of Calistria are anything less than holy brothels, guarded by scorpion-whip toting clerics and paladins.

I prefer Arshea temples.

>Worshiping a glorified angel, when there are already two or three gods that fill the same role.

Shit taste.

Go the Fearun route and have different subraces with different looks/cultures/statistics.
Sun Elves, Moon Elves, Wood Elves, Sea Elves, Avarials, ect.

Arshea isn't big enough for churches, she needs to squeeze in prayers where she can in the field.

It's already stupid that Half Elves and Aquatic Elves exist, don't need to get even shittier with it.

Is it just me or is this the best melee survival feat of all time?
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/roll-with-it-combat-goblin/

It's pretty nice, but you're either a human burning your extra feat to count as a goblin or actually playing a goblin.

So any of you know what the 'Pathfinder Society Core Campaign Character System' is? I can't find it explicitly defined what is contained within it.

Surviving doesn't mean much if you can't actually do anything.

Sounds like Pathfinder Society ran on Core only.

That sounds awful why would anyone do that?

Yeah, because Arshea is NG while Calistria is a CN bitch.

Staggered isn't really that debilitating

Why would you take Arcane Surge when you can take Wild Arcana?

because they have no other option

Is a tiefling with pass for human able to pick between human and tiefling favored class boni?

What about a non human tiefling (let's say half elven), could he pick from, human, elven and half elven?

No.

hi Veeky Forums, I just played my first game of pathfinder last week with some colleagues. I started out just making a boring cleric, but now I want to make a prank master kitsune bard.

Should I pick realistic likeness or disguise self (from magical tail)? which is better?

No to both questions?

>and count as humanoid (human) as well as outsider (native) for all purposes

Huli jing youkai kitsune with Realistic Likeness!

Way better than Magical Tail, Magical Tail sucks.

are the later ranks of it not worth the investment? charm person and invisibility look fun

It's a lot of investment, even if you're getting free feats or otherwise not having to spend your actual character feats for features.

How can one create an alien character in DnD?

The humanoid (Human) does not allow you to select human favored class bonuses, being human race allows you to select human favored class bonuses.

Nice elf

by the way what do you call the gentle druidic loner type of elf rather than the "we live in a tree city and live for 10000 years because we only eat cabbage and smell our own farts"

Tomorrow's Chelaxian Loyalty Day! I hope the parade has an actual devil in it, and not just guys in costumes...

Damn.

So it doesn't work for half elves either? Who are elves, half elves and humans?

No, half-elves has a specific ability:

>Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race

Alright, thanks, I'll skip it then.

How is that different to being human for all purposes?

Are parades with actual outsiders a thing, even in such blatantly-infernal nations as Cheliax?

Yeah. Unless you want to hyper focus on becoming a nine-tailed Kitsune (and take something like Nine-Tailed Scion or Wracking Mysticism oracle) it's better not to bother with it at all.

Half-Elves and Half-Orcs have explicit allowances from an FAQ.

>Can a half-elf or half-orc select human racial favored class options?

>Yes. Half-elves and half-orcs may select racial favored class options, archetypes, traits, and so on, as if they were a full member of both races (a half-elf can select elf and human rules elements, a half-orc can select human and orc rules elements).

So they explicitly stated that they can do it, but have not explicitly stated that Tieflings can't. Could be an oversight.

I assume the same applies to racial traits? So once again the half elf could take human, half elf and elf.

>rng kicked me out of dragon
>pirates was a fake game
>know for a fact I won't make it into WotRaunchy
>Dev team is going to nuke Sultanas
>Kon kon just bailed on fluffy
I'm at a loss here guys

Yep. She's got sodomy techniques from all across time and space.

Racial Traits yes, Alternate Racial Traits no

It could be an oversight, but it is not allowed by RAW, RAI you would need to ask Paizo and see what they say.
I think so, and a tiefling with pass for human could pick human racial traits as well, just not FCB.

Thanks.
Alright then. Seems a bit strange to me, since I doubt this would make that big an impact and I'm pretty much always in favor of choice when it comes down to it.

I'd like to squeeze something into her in a field

try joining a game that isn't shit?

Have there even been any new postings in these threads?

Any one from Dragon game on? How was yesterday's session?

You should make a cute cleric prankster instead

If you want to allow it I see no issues with it balance wise. Just is not RAW so if you want to run a character with it, it is really up to your gm.

>a game that isn't shit
>in a /pfg/ thread

senpai I think you are missing my point

Play an elf

>cleric
>prankster

Alright, thanks.

Is the roll20 lfg supposed to be better in your opinion?
Is gamefinder here on tg?
Where do you think better games are?

Quick PFG what is the best preform skill?

>rng kicked me out of dragon
Really? Which one were you?

Also, I noticed that Fluffy 2 is indeed dead. On one hand I feel better that I did not make a character for it an on the other it feels bad because another dead game. At least this time the GM just said it instead of disappearing without a trace.

Go directly to recruitment, myth-weavers, gitpg, roll20, even the paizo site have more consistent offerings than here.

Perform (Fellatio)

>mfw Veeky Forums fucking ate my spoiler tag

that's a pretty awful character design

Just pick a deity that believes in Fun

I don't think I'd be allowed to play my magical realm so openly like that

Just pick a DM that believes in Fun.

F is for fucking U and a Nother?

Join Taldor Ascendant? Explain which app is yours in Wrath of the Raunchy?

Oh come now, friend. There's only like, three applications that got in that really should not have gotten in.