What is Veeky Forums opinion on lego 40k stuff? I haven't seen anyone talking about it...

What is Veeky Forums opinion on lego 40k stuff? I haven't seen anyone talking about it, but this approach to 40k should have some supporters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEx2LQY_1W0
brikwars.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not on scale, a lot of work, and generally even more expensive than regular 40k.
If you ave tons of lego lying around, sure, go for it.

>1784 pieces
>1469 pieces only for the base

>paying more money for worse models

Why? Poorfags complain about the price enough as it is and haters complain about the model quality already too.

Just going full Mobile Frame Zero with its own rules (or your own tweak of them) would make for a better game. You can make more models at a better scale for wargaming. It offers alot more depth in loadouts and scenarios and just seems more autistically fun designing your own mechs, with unique aesthetics and weapon types.
Pic related.

>>>Blood Angles

I got really excited to play Mobile Frame 0, then I realized the vast majority of my Legos were ordinary blocks and shit, and I had about 10 pieces I could use to make actual joints.

I think it's badly labeled. I think it's supposed to be 1784 for the Dread and 1469 for the base. Because there's no way that Dread is only 315 pieces.

Yeah, same. I had to go out and specifically buy a few of the creator kits to even make the basic hip joint (the one with the fire extinguisher nozzle held sideways with a vertical clip piece)

Really it's for extreme lego owners only.

Lego makes alot of smaller kits that are perfect for those small connection-like pieces that form joints. You ever see those little star wars or harry potter sets at stores like 5 and Below? those cost like $4-5 and have alot of those cool little pieces. Also alot of those smooth pieces that are 1x1 or 1x2 so you can "panel" your pieces with smooth edges instead of the nipple parts showing all over. For like $20 you could get enough of those little sets to flesh out and make stuff. It also gives some neat pieces to try making new styles of joints to create new unit types.

Poor C3P0...

EVEN IN DEATH, I STILL OBSERVE PROTOCOL

Unless you're gonna motorized it like this guy there're no point in making this, plus chance are you will have to spray paint ALL the pieces because the color probably won't match. Too much work involved.

youtube.com/watch?v=qEx2LQY_1W0

the Mixels in particular are perfect for MF0.

its cool as display peices.
but for minis you'd use in the game its bad. Rarely in scale, difficult to do and excessively expensive.

Warhammer 40k. You know, for kids!

I mean, don't get me wrong; I'm fully aware that Lego is for all ages (unless you're over 100, apparently). I just find it odd that a brand typically marketed towards children would want to partner up with a franchise as grimdark and violent as Warhammer.

Brother do you have any idea how many young kids play 40k?

Depends. How young are we talking?

Young enough to play with Lego sets all the time.

The answer is: a lot.

>unless you're over 100, apparently
that's because when we were your age we had WWI and WWII, not WH40k

If you want lego wargaming, why not just play brikwars? brikwars.com/

The premise is essentially that all lego dudes live to die for their glorious overlords (you) and cause as much destruction and chaos as possible.

Winning is not defined by capturing objectives, or even by having the last dudes left on the table - in fact, the person with minifigs on the table at the end is the loser. The goal is to have your guys go out in the most glorious fashion possible.

You also get to dismember your guys as they die and cover them with transparent round 1x1's for excessive levels of brick gore.

I've played a simplified version a couple times at conventions and it's a hell of a lot of fun.