What kind of general NPCs do you normally write?

What kind of general NPCs do you normally write?

Just what the fuck in hell is that thing?

I put Rick O'Connell in almost every game I run.

The Mummy trilogy were fun movies

It's adorable, that's what it is.

The alien mom from the new Samurai Jack

Realistic.

Deadly ones

The shit?

Dead NPC's.

There's something I like about just using corpses.
>players enter a dungeon
>dead adventurers everywhere in various states of decomposition

>players enter a town
>burning buildings
>blood all over the place
>the dead laying everywhere where they were struck down

>players enter the capital
>everyone is gone
>no blood no fire
>they enter the kings castle
>still no people
>they enter the thrown room
>there's an enormous pile of bonedust in the middle of the room

>what happens to that girl's nethers
>realistic

Maybe a dozen fleshed-out characters, max. Everyone else is just here to help or kill you. It's a pretty accurate representation of my social life.

This, but I do try and drop a few herrings. If everyone who gets a description winds up being important, the part start behaving strangely whenever such a character gets introduced.

NPCs the party may want to see, and only a few details each. I don't really stat them individually, but do hive a vague impression of what the NPCs power level is.

I also try to make them memorable if appropriate, that PCs will want to return to them.

There's this comic relief punk werewolf that keeps finding his way into my campaigns.
Sometimes he may not even be a werewolf or a punk, but hell, he does behave as both most of the time.
I have a kick while narrating him and my players like him too until he irremediably dies due to his bad decisions.

Uterine prolapse is nothing to laugh at

Ones that lead corporal NPCs that manage armies of private NPCs.

A bunch of my NPC's end up swearing constantly during any kind of fight. It's kind of ridiculous. I'll be running a rich cultured nobleman and then the second a fight breaks out I default to peasant sailor level insults.

I'm also a huge fan of putting Jetstream Sam style villainous NPC's in games. The kind who don't really care about the actual evil plan, they're here for the free food and entertainment.

Cute girls.

Doing atrocities?

Depends on the game.

Almost too adorable.