/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rolled 12 (1d26)

Flaming Silver Skull Ferrus edition
Terra-chan sub-edition

*Angry destroyer being shit noises* Topknot shipping, Ultrexit, pale nomads hate Corax, a really sweet Iron Hand with questionable taste in grenade position, even Chaos fans hate ADB (as well they should), Fenrisian wolfwood, tanktanktanks army list, cover saves and more >SOON TO BE OBSOLETE MAYBE, PRAISE BE TO SCANON REGARDLESS
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed) (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

First for the Ninth!

>Dorn OP image
>first for BA
Traitors BTFO, again.

Angels burn just as well as the rest

>4 quads of traitor slaying

On a fucking roll my brothers.

Makes you wonder why they bother.

maybe the emperor should try not being a cunt? Every think of that?

I approve of this edition, and I want the rumours to be true. It'd be rad as fuck.

That's some nice bubble gum shoulder pads you have here, heretic.

He shouldn't have to not be, he is your rightful lord and master, as well as your only hope of survival, and you shouldn't go against him just because your precious feelings got hurt.

Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiobook anyone?

When the survival of Mankind is danger, the end justify the means.

I would rather suffer the end of Terra a thousand times. I would rather die in agony than accept assistance from you.

Threadly question:

Seeing as we always hear about the same few tactics, /hhg/, what are your views on (viability or fair play, either or):

>Spartan deathstars
>Militia and Cults Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh Levy blobs.
>Custodes
>Allies, since I don't see many of them around.

Where is this 'Legion of the Damned Ferrus' thing even coming from? It's not on any of the reliable or unrelaible rumourmongers.

Is it just another Veeky Forums thing that has as much chance of coming true as Reagan coming back form the dead to become Trump's replacement for Flynn?

>>>>>world eater
Well that would explain it.

>tiny-ass legion, does not stand out for scope of accomplishments
>mildly inconvenient for their enemies some of the time
>catastrophic for their allies all the time
>primarch is AWOL most of the time
>entire top brass after drop site massacre is marred by incompetence and disinterest
Are the Emperor's Children the worst Legion? They're like the Italy of the Traitor coalition's Axis.

Well, the Word Bearers exist.

The Word Bearers toppled the Emperor's dream and ripped Ultramar a new one. That's actually achieving a fair bit.

Wait, were the EC still "tiny" by the time of the heresy? It sounded to me they had a Magnus-style situation that actually got fixed, but that they were alright once they'd found Fulgrim.

They lost a lot of men at Isstvan. between III and V about a third of the Legion was wiped out. As I recall they were about 110,000 before Isstvan.

>tiny-ass legion
>110 000 Marines
Space Wolves 72 200
Death Guarg 95 000

My Legion is better than your Legion
My Primarch is better than your Primarch

Face it scrubs; your Legion is the worst of all

Well I should just kill myself then.

They started out as one of the smaller Legions, then their numbers grew by a lot after Fulgrim joined. Before Isstvan they were pretty close to the average Legion size, or maybe a little bit north of the average. They were probably the Traitor Legion that lost the most manpower at Isstvan, though. Almost half their marines, I think it was. This was because of their retarded purge selection (Fulgrim blacklisted a lot of guys simply because he disliked small things about them) and because of the incompetent leadership of commanders like Eidolon at Isstvan.

I sense a cogboy

I personally don't think custodes should be an army. but that ship has sailed into the sun already

But Sanguinius isn't Primarch of the Imperial Fists, so you can't be certain both of those statements are true.

>tfw black shields
>tfw no legion
>tfw no primarch

It's a [REDACTED] kind of feel.

what flavor?

I agree with you on that, but I think the one exception should be if the emperor is your HQ choice, then they can be taken as their own independent army
Just like in the fluff

Shame.

I prefer Outlanders. Rad grenades for everyone!

allies are kind of disgust me. Unless it's fluffy.
Spartan deathstars are because you need a hq, then you put more points on him, then he needs to be able to get into combat, and needs to ride with some hard fucks who together probably don't fit into a land raider phobos, so you buy a spartan.

Make rhinos assault vehicles, make land raiders transport 12, there would be less spartans and less profit for fw.

I'm surprised people don't just take a 4-man command squad with their praetor in a LR phobos.

Read HH book one from mega, there is no page 79.

Orphans of War don't seem too bad. Could spam Plasma support squads.

So, since Inferno is out now, what would be the new Tier list?

>magnus
>well played alpha legion
>everything else
>inferior RG alpha legion

You forgot Custodes at the top

>
>
>
>loyalist rampagers

What does well played Alpha Legion consist of?

Eh. They've got good vehicles, but everything is extremely expensive. If you roll 1's you're done.

Only reason I picked Outlanders was for mass teleportation and because I play Carcharodons in 40k. The rules are extremely suitable to the army. Pretty much the only non-canon shit is xeno weaponry and rad grenades.

In MoM when big e summons his deamon army Ferrus was up front and center. Would be cool if he was pulling the strings behind LotD.

>hey sergeant what you wielding
>oh this, this is a solarite power gauntlet forged in the heart of the phalanx itself by dorn to show his undying love for his sons, what's that you're wielding
>this majestic thing is the Emperor's personal standard given to I, [6 million names later], to personally wield in battle, to show the villainous scum what they left behind then what awaits them, and to show our gallant sons why we fight in the name of the emperor when we shall all bleed rather than keel over and fall into debauchery like the Emperor's children. This standard is so heavy it requires a power fists to wield
>hey why don't you try a solarite power gauntlet then you would have the strength to wield another weapon
>nah nah neither Dorn nor the Emperor would want me disrespecting the command structure

>hey sergeant what you wielding
>[6 million]

>blinks third eye irritably

You fucked up user, only ICs can take Power Gauntlets.

I have to say, I wish thise bullshit discussions woule just go away.

It's even sadder when you realise those starting these "debates" are always the ones that don't play, don't paint and are basically shitposters.

I haven't touched any Horus Heresy stuff in a while. Are there rules for Thousand Sons yet?

Still have yet to see this OP Magnus list people are bitching about.

I haven't touched the OP in a while. Are there rules for Thousand Sons yet?

>if you roll 1's you're done
Same goes for pretty much all armies to varying degrees Magnus included. But obviously it hurts custodes more

Oh sorry, I missed that. Thank's m8

How can one rebut such amazing and well-though arguments?

Fuck, replace that but with Phoenix spears and death sycthes then

I would gladly suffer the end of Terra a thousand times than be painted that badly.

What the hell is difference between Solarite and Solerite gauntlet? A typo?

Feel free to post your minis user.

Where?

Calgar, you again?

I've got a Beserkers blackshield force on backburner for when i complete my main armies. They get Fear, Fleet, Rage and -1 BS

>only the best painter in the world can call art shitty

So this picture gets thrown around a lot and it's really well done, but does it actually fit with HH dark angels? I always figured they were more Teutonic Knights themed, but this is cool too.

Any pictures of armies or books showcasing Dangels in all their glory?

So your shit aswell. No worries.

>yfw the best painter in the world is a sobbing wreck because he thinks his own paintjobs aren't good enough

That WE is so poorly painted it's not even worth proving you can paint better than that, because anyone can.

yet no picture? why?

I just explained it to you. Because it's literally not worth the effort. Why would anyone bother to upload anything to prove that they paint better than that? It's nothing to be proud of, because it's so easy to do.

This is like you demanding someone get up and do one push up just because you said so. Why the fuck bother? Even if you truly believe we can't do it, literally everyone else here knows we all can, so it's pointless. Just because you keep trying to claim we can't do it makes no difference.

Even typing this post is beginning to not be worth the effort.

These are mine, they are a snowflake force that were isolated from the rest of the dangels during the heresy and spent their time fucking up traitor shit with a knight errant in tow. I've got a bit of fluff written up, I'll find it and post it in a sec

You were barely worth the effort on your dad's part from the sound of it.

Have the Primarchs got stronger or weaker after being ascended into the Daemon Primarchs?

Literally not worth the effort yet replies to me endlessly. You are a faggot and a shitposter who can't paint either. KYS

A Dark Angels force aboard the battle barge the Spirit of Destiny, one of the biggest of its class among the First Legion fleet equipped for a protracted and violent campaign. They were part of a probing expedition, the 517th, into the southern reaches of the Segmentum Tempestus when the Heresy hit. Due to being on the other side of the Ruinstorm when they heard about the Heresy they missed out on Diamat, the Thramas Crusade and the Battle of Perditus and other major actions committed by the Dark Angels. Because this wasn't a covert operation and the force contained a not insignificant number of Astartes a delegation from Terra raced to ascertain their loyalty.
The meeting almost descended into bloodshed due to the fear of the humans at confronting potentially traitor Space Marines and the Dark Angels injured pride at being assumed less than exemplary, swords were drawn and guns were aimed until a lone Astartes armoured in raw ceramite war-plate was able to calm the situation. The mysterious warrior explained that the golden age of the Great Crusade had ended and the galaxy had entered a shadowy time where even Primarchs were to be held in suspicion. The expedition commander, Paladin Eilam Cephas, a capable, veteran warrior whose belief in the Crusade was indomitable, was stunned and outraged by the news and requested status on The Lion and the bulk of the Dark Angels forces.

Good work, I'd love to see more.

>"Brother Clarence? You're shooting the wrong way again. Take off your fucking hood!."
>"shut up Craig I'm trying to look cool"

When told that they were unaccounted for and possibly trapped behind impenetrable warp storms Cephas and his lieutenants volunteered themselves and their Space Marine forces in full service to the Imperium. The Knight Errant had anticipated such a reaction from the Dark Angels and had prepared a number of objectives for them, many being worlds brought to compliance by confirmed traitor legions in the galactic south-west. Among other targets were a number of worlds marked as dead or death worlds that were once home to advanced civilisations, whether human or xeno. The only condition of this was that the Knight Errant accompany the mission, while some of the Dark Angels command were reluctant about being spied on by a warrior who had yet to identify himself Paladin Cephas understood the nature of the command. Any further reservations were silenced, externally at least, by the Knight's statement that this wasn't a personal request but orders that came from an authority higher than any Astartes.
The Dark Angels declared these objectives to be a new Crusade and took to them with uncompromising pursuit, viewing the new Imperium in a very black and white manner. They quickly brought their wrath upon enemy commanders whether rebel soldiers, fallen planetary governors or traitorous Astartes. Their once shining vessel, a former beacon of humanity's power and right to rule the stars, was renamed to the Veil of Judgement and became a symbol of the Dark Angel's vengeance against those who would defy the Imperium.

Green shoulders are for Caliban recruits and newer armor marks as well, I know because those are mine, I should have done some checker patterns but I am hella lazy for that jazz.

Due to the nature of the 517th fleet's mission into unknown territory a large contingent of Dreadwing warriors accompanied them, these savage and warmongering Astartes were eager to unleash their long forbidden weapons on those that betrayed the Imperium, none more so than the black robed destroyers under the command of Moritat Shaddai Ashkenaz who operated with what would previously have been censure worthy actions. Having been given permission to defy the Edict of Nikaea by the Knight Errant Epistolary Gwydion Kaelen reported headaches when in Shaddai's presence and his subordinates reported similar occurrences when fighting alongside his destroyers. Whether this is coincidence or something more sinister remains to be seen...

Literally my first model I'm afraid, I've only just moved into a job that gave me enough disposable income to properly start a 30k army.

>I just realised Caliban DA look like they could be a Sons of Horus sub-formation

d e e p e s t l o r e

Basically what said, they look great but I think the green is what makes it look off. Probably just the camera, but it's just bright enough to look SoH

wew lad look at this mad ass samefag

I'm not even the person you were originally talking to, he's long gone apparently. I was just pointing out why you're retarded. Here, look, even this random DA fag paints better Why are you such a shit painter that you're challenging everyone who claims that shitty WE is bad? Did you paint it or something?

Solarite -> IF
Solerite -> Custodians

Calibanite green would work better imo

Audiobooks a shite, only full audio dramas are the good stuff.
Butcher's Nails was awesome. Russian Kharn, Angron was exactly as I imagined, even Lotara.
AND ARGEL TAL'S DdUuAaLl VvOoIiCcEeSs!

But I was never able to listen to the Fear to Tread audiobook.
The Narrator, Sanguinius, Horus and even the fucking aliens has the very same voice as the female astropath. As in, voiced by the same dude

Age of Reagan confirmed

>xeno weaponry
deathlocks are the worst gun in the game

Was wondering if anyone else had done something similar to this picture

was looking to possibly do this for a praetor conversion using a custodes back piece in place of the standard back piece and would be using cataphractii arms

Also, any recommendations for making those kinds of cuts on a model?

Fucking FW check your books for mistakes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You'll need this

Yeah its mine cunt. I didn't samefag. I have never seen a good painter shit on someone who's bad, that's why I said to post a pic, and he didn't because he's also shit. As most likely are you. But don't worry you cunt, I won't bother posting my shit in hhg again.

Custodes as a full army list just seem too much to me, I'd have happily accepted them as an allies-only list where I feel they belong. Whenever they appear in the Heresy (barring the war in the webway) they are as a support force to a legion. There's only 10,000 of them in total and after Prosperous most of them fight beneath the palace rather than fight legions en masse.
Regarding rules they only have one downside which is their relatively low numbers, everything else is brilliant. Whoever decided to make their tanks flareshielded skimmers with machine spirits deserves an award for services to cheese. I think given the low cost of basic models we'll see quite a few custodes armies in the months to come and I think most normal legion lists will struggle without building specifically against them.

>They lost a lot of men at Isstvan. between III and V about a third of the Legion was wiped out
No, user. It was way worse.
They lost about 50% of their strenght on Istvaan III alone.
Horus was fucking furious.
As it turns out, not only had they purged many loyalists from their own number, not only had they suffered unexpectedly high casualties after grossly underestimating their perfectionist-and-entrenched erstwhile brothers.
Fulgrim also sent down elements who would've supported the Warmaster's cause, but whom he judged were not worthy or perfect enough!
And he gave no shits about it! And he wasn't even there! Eidolon had to cover for him.

With Tarvitz' warning message, Garro's escape, Angron's descent blocking a second bombardment, a global storm blocking aerial support, and with loyalist EC tactical planners commanding unmoveable loyalist DG and nasty-as-hell loyalist WE Berzerkers in can't-shell-it-anymore Stalingrad, it was a fucking miracle how Horus managed Istvaan III.

You see, when the Dark gods want Horus to bleed the Imperium, when they want to explode Terra's Webway or when they absolutely won't let Guilliman die, you just can't really tell them "No".

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about? The Emperors Children were on the best legions and better then ones like the Dark Angels or Salamanders.

>I have never seen a good painter shit on someone who's bad
Turbo newfag detected.
Make sure you read the site's rules and familiarize yourself with the community before posting, also remember that samefagging (which means pretending you're two different anons in order to further your goals) is seen as rude and dishonest.

Other than that, have fun matey, welcome to Veeky Forums, your new home!

Stop being a pointless cunt, this isn't 40k general.
If you wanna shitpost or argue, start some fluff or rules banter.

Trips of awful truth.
That's what you've got to work with, Endryd. Sorry.
Also, happy welcoming party! :^)

Just fucking kys and spare those around you.

Is Calgar our Carnac?
Marneus Carnac?

Hol up