Infinity General: Come And Get Your Love Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where space cops look like a-holes.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (brought to attention it's missing pages) www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/44816-chitinous-ca-shasvastii-themed/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116M600ywaWJdYXm2UQAlt2ytcDo83q0Q-69PKYsG-rI/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank God. Leave it for the 40shit.

First for the Hyperpower

Long live PanOceania

I should get back on that PanO mug design.
Either two Fusiliers or a knight. Holy Sepulchre with two holoechoes sounds like a nice idea.
Not gonna do Joan because CB actually sells a Joan mug.

Shame the RPG Kickstarter has turned into such a clusterfuck.

speaking of pan'o. If someone is a total infinity noob what would you guys propose as a starter kit? you know like the essenssial 2-3 boxs and 2-3 blisters.

technically the old mercenary rules allowed for cross-faction shenanigans

>tfw there aren't that many good combined army color schemes
I think the hardest part is the fact that there's so god damn many different looking aliens in the group.

I'm gonna post some colors I thought looked good on some of the units.

If anyone else found some neat schemes, I'd like to see them.

I'm still working on what to color my Haqq stuff. Would like to avoid heavy greens and earth tones but anything I think of looks odd to me.

Specifically for PanO? The starter, Fusilier SWC box, Support Pack, Croc Man, S3 remotes box and a heavy hitter like a Knight of Holy Sepulchre or Swiss Guard. Or a TAG if one wants to be ambitious. Can be subject to preference, as the starter ORC can be a decent heavy hitter if played as HMG one (or a Swiss Guard proxy).

Wanted to start with the artichokes but can't stand them for their attempts at ruining cuisine

No but seriously (artichokes are delicious) if I wanted to start the Tohaa as my second army what are the must buys?
I reckon the 300pts Big Box has the best value and I'm gonna definitely start there but after that I'm not so sure.
I know I'll be getting k1 Kosuil, BSG Igao and combi Gao Tarsos on the merit of their models being fucking amazing; also I guess the Hatail Spec-Ops and Spitfire Sakiel are a safe bet, but then what?

Btw I keep hearing Rasails are amazing, anyone care to explain to someone that has never played them why?

Rasails are super tanky, between symbiont and nanoscreen, add in a symbiomate and/or bomb and your opponent gets to choke that down. Not to mention the Chaksa buddy and the Lt order being open to use (especially since Kaeltars will keep from going into loss of lieutenant).

Otherwise you can't go too wrong on purchases. Sukeul is soon to come out so be sure to grab that and Gao-Raels are useful for handling opposing smoke and down the road can grab Kerails for their Surda loadout and do your own smoke tricks with Gao-Raels.

some classic purple and turquoise, always relevant.

Also I'd like to expand the matter to include the OTHER alien race, so if anyone has some interesting Tohaa alternate scheme please let us know.

Just got the Unknown Ranger in the mail. I doubt I'll ever play again, but I'm glad I got a neat, high-detail SWAT-looking guy to paint. Should I go for the blue/black colors?

the only thing I've seen interesting done with Tohaa was army green.

[disclaimer: not actually my work]

That's all I have for now

Hey guys new to infinity. Gonna go with the Morats as my starting force as I hear they're good for learning the game plus they remind of the brutes from halo too.

Can someone recommend a good general all purpose 300 point list for them?

Or I guess to add to this.

I'm more looking for army that will teach me how to play well and not just teach me an extreme of playing.

So taking suggestion army wise at this point.

id buy it, i dont particularly like the joan mug.

and representin' my fusibros sounds awesome

Kornak LT. Full core link of Vanguards (3 combi FOs, HMG, plus LGL/sniper/hacker/Anyat depending on taste). Defensive haris of Yaogats (haris+sniper+spit). Kurgat mk12. 2 chain Daturazi. Add stuff to taste (I like drones, Q/M/Ikadrons are awesome).

If I were to do Combined Army, I'd probably use various levels of pink for flesh like places like I did here.

I personally like the miscellaneous look of aliens.

Oh, let me also show you a neat idea I saw after this.

I've seen a tutorial for this. Pretty easy. Gold with a green wash then a blue wash.

Excellent share, that chitinous glistening is great

Does anyone have the lore entry for Father Lucien Sforza? Painting him right now, but want to what's up with him.

Store catalog doesn't feature his story.

Third party stores sometimes have fluff blurbs in the descriptions of minis. Miniature market has his.

You couldn't fish up the link could you? Those look baller!

Finally finished and happy with my beep-boop.

I'll spam you some

I would like this if they added some black to it, the grays and white look way sloppy with the blue in there, and i feel like either black splotches or outlining the blobs in black would make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah I thought so too. I think the artic theme works really well for Haqq honestly.

It's funny comparing the Infinity one to the Conan one that launched shortly after.

Noticed early on any bigger IPs they got they do a good job working on it and showing it off.

Infinity they just drag through it and wonder why CB keeps rejecting their designs.

That's a lot of big guys.

Outstanding result. Personally I'd put some purple glaze in there too, but really impressive.

>Govad and Sukeul right next to each other
They aren't even trying to hide it.

That size difference is ... atrocious.

Single blister releases>box releases

Their hidden love?

Thats what she said!

bump

Their mirrored pose.

And the only thing Sukeuls love is bullying Ectros, there is no room for anything else.

That's not nearly as bad as, say, the new Dire foe and krakot. Govad has a much more twist on her body.

Been out of infinity for awhile, that govad is fucking awesome. So is that female tiger soldier... I think I'll stick to Haqqislam for now though.

Is there any faction that can field an effective full jump pack army?

Not really.

Yep, the Samaritan is an absolutely shit model in general. Not even remotely close to its silhouette, very front-heavy so it tends to tip over, has fugly tactical cabbage (that you pay extra for). And the shitty gun pose disqualifies it from being a "paint it pretty and leave it on the shelf" model.

I think I'll convert the hacker Legate. Give him the not-boomerang, hacker hand+holo, greenstuff the different details and he'd be a great Samaritan.

If you want to spam AD troops Qapu Khalqi is likely your best bet: their cheapest ones are 8 points each (Yuan Yuan) and you can take three of them for the price of a single AD troop in another faction. Bashis aren't too bad either, although they only have AD:1 (the 12 point Submachine Gun model is really fun in overwatch).

>google "chitinous shasvastii"
>first result
>are you even trying
infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/44816-chitinous-ca-shasvastii-themed/

Not him, but why exactly should he have thought to put chitinous in the search terms?

Morats can have a core link of Rodoks, who have jump packs so they "super jump." Plus you can take some AD troops and get pretty close to what you're probably picturing.

My Al Fasid's an alternative scheme I did as the core of my army. Generally Grey with touches of white, red, orange, a muted turquoise for leathery parts.

Plus there's this "Cerberus" scheme I tried on a Janissary. In the last thread here.

Govad wins the month.

Considering doing that for my upcoming Yu Ying Invincible Army force.
That or the studio orange scheme, undecided as of yet.

The feet and back calves of PanO and Haqqislam seem to align better with the look than Yu Jing, but it would probably work. White over black armor with colored stripes works pretty well for most pulp sci fi looks so I think you should be fine trying it out on the invincibles.

Onyx Contact Force gets you combat jumps and super jumps.

Avoid PanO. Go with something that has smoke/msv 2 or at least decent camo options, you'll need it down the line.

Yeah, just looked over my Invincibles and most of the armor is concentrated making it look like it should be white. The rest is seperated with musclefiber or cloth, making it very easy to paint IMO since the black cables and cloth would frame the white armor very well.
And yellow or orange stripes and, or markings would fit very well. Hard part is Zhanshi and the likes but there are alot of unarmored Cerberus characters aswell.
Phantoms, engineers and snipers.

How does this look? I like the ekdromos.

Gecko Pilot?

That's a Tohaa holster, likely the Gorgos pilot.

Ariadna player here. Have not played since 2nd. What's good to buy besides bikes? I want to run a pack of mavericks and outlaws in one group, maybe a bit more than that for orders, and a core group on the other end. Is USARIADNA worth running as a sectorial? Sucks that the blackjack isn't out yet.

Limited insertion?

Link of grunts with snipers, harris of maruders, as many foxtrots, desperados and mavericks as points allow.
Works fine, it is not nomads or steel phalanx.

Is basic Ariadna still worth running?

Yeah, boy. They've got the skills to pay the bills.

5 AD units is too much imo, you get severely order starved in the first turn. The cold truth is that it's very hard to make a mass AD list function, I'd say that anything above 3 drop troops is asking for trouble (unless you're Qapu Khalki and just spam Yuan Yuan and Bashi, that's actually not too bad)

More specifically for your list, you never ever want to make a drop troop the Lieutenant. Since they start the game off the table you begin in Loss of Lieutenant, that's NOT a nice situation to be in the first turn.

>Works fine, it is not nomads or steel phalanx.
Eh? Is there something wrong with nomads or SP?

Nice, an add-on for a model that is barely used. Yay for a Tohaa release I guess?

I'll just use it as a Taquel proxy until the real one comes out.

This has literally happened to me twice. First with Mekton Zero which got sidelined after CD Projekt Red swooped in and gave R Talsorian not one but two licenses to print money (The Witcher tabletop RPG and Cyberpunk 2077) then Modiphius pulled the same thing with Conan and Star Trek being announced shortly after Infinity was funded.

Some examples? Anything giving the vet kazak a run for its money?

What's the easiest way to get into this game? Are there any starter bundles that let you play average games out of the box?

It's in the stuffies.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116M600ywaWJdYXm2UQAlt2ytcDo83q0Q-69PKYsG-rI/edit?usp=sharing

Well, there are the 300 point army packs for Tohaa and Onyx Contact Force. That's a one purchase box to play the mode point game. You can find them for about as low as $60 sometimes.

Op: Icestorm and Red Veil are two player starter packs. Then there's Tohaa and Onyx 300 pts sets. Those would be the out of the box sets.

What about faction specific starter packs? How many points does those get you and what's the average price?

Poins vary. Ariadna starter is just 114 pts, Neoterra a bit over 200pts. Usually you will need at least one additional box and a blister or two. A good rule of thumb is that you want at least 10 models.

Each faction and sectorial (technically the Combined Army starter doubles as the Onyx Contact force starter) has a starter box that comes with 6 models. Typically 3 basic line troops, a Heavy infantry, and two elite/special units. Points vary depending on the faction, but most fall within the 100-200 point range. Average price for those is around $35-$40, though it depends on where you buy from and where you're shipping to.

There's a faction Specific "starter pack" for every Generic Army and each Generic Army's Sectorial (small exception, the Generic Combined Army Starter doubles as a Starter for Onyx Contact Force).

These Generally range in price from $35-50 depending where you shop and range in points from 120-ish to 200ish.

There are two 2-player starter sets called operation Icestorm and Red Veil with Pan Oceania vs Nomads and Yu Jing vs Haqqislam respectively. Retail $100, I find it at $70 easily. These sets come with 7 models per faction, 6 faction specific dice, paper terrain, paper rulers, and a booklet with 6 tutorial missions using simplified equipment. The 7 models on each side add to the range of 180 points.

There are two 300 point Army packs for Tohaa and Onyx Contact Force. These retail again for $100. They're not quite beginner friendly but definitely a great start.

Finally, there's a United States of Ariadna Pack which IIRC is about a bit over 180 points and and $100 retail.

>Moderators
Meh. Not one of the GotG heads is actually good-looking or interesting. The bodies are okay, though.
>Govad
Very pretty. I don't play Haqq, but I might get it for painting.
>Sukeul
Not much of a fan of the bare head, but the rest is alright (though the mirrored pose with the Govad is weird).
>Yu Jing starter
Still awesome. Can't wait for the Invincible Army.
>Tech Bee & Crabbot
Both are super-cute. I mean, i don't really see the point of the shoulderbot and I can't imagine the profile of the girl, but I want both either way. I've used my existing tech-bee as a mech-engineer until now.

Luxumbra has new stretch goals. Fusilier Angus for PanO bust?

Ok, will look into it, thanks. Now I only need to decide the aesthetics and gameplay I like most. Also, if games are typically 10 models I think I would be able to actually field a fully painted army in short time.

I think the exposed cyberbrain is pretty novel, although the pose there is a touch off. Sukeul definitely suck though.

PanO's bust will probably be Der Fersen or Joan. Or perhaps Rao or Singh if you need some minority scowlman action.

Battered and bloody but smiling Angus would have been awesome though.

The flag is MO.

It'll either be De Fersen or Joan.

steel phalanx and nomads much better. but USariadna is decent.

Remove _____ from this game and it'll generally feel more balanced.