Have you ever played as someone from the United States south? How did it go?

Have you ever played as someone from the United States south? How did it go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5hPRmxo8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you ever played a nigger? How did it go?

Left 4 Dead 2 was alright, even though I enjoyed the simplicity 1 had. All in all 1 had more personality to its characters I think.

Only once. And hearing a player absolutely butchering the Southern accent was enough.

>Ya gotta purty mout sahn.

I faked Southern accent and mannerisms in Britain on one occasion. That's what I do for fun, imitate exotic cultures, interact with strangers, look at the way they react and listen to their opinions. I'm pretty sure nobody has ever doubted me.

Biff Baxter, texan cowboy and movie star. He looks really good on (black and white) film, is built like a shit brickhouse, is actually a pretty good rider and shot (does all his own stunts) but has the social graces and mannerisms of a gorilla. A gorilla with a very nice smile.

Makes CoC investigation quite enjoyable.

Yes, but as a person from West Virginia, despite what my 'accent' makes it sound like, I'm pretty much the closest thing to a southern that most northern-folk will ever meet anyways.

Would normally call you a stupid American, but even a stupid American might know Texas is thought of as western more than southern and it is a "brick shithouse." A shit brickhouse would be something in Durkadurkastan.

I played a black guy in a post-Civil War Deadlands game. I thought it'd be interesting but the game didn't get past the first session.

no, but i played someone from Kentucky

Played a Texan Jewish pilot once

Might be doing a southern gentleman in an upcoming

I played a southern gentleman vampire in a WoD game, it was pretty fun.

Does playing a vampire going over the top in pretending to be a red-neck to infiltrate some ragtag backwoods vampire hunting group count?

This is an American-Japanese image board, get out Eurocuck

Googled this comic.
It's ridiculous.

All my characters are Texan. Always.

No, but I did play a few sessions of D&D with a friend from Tennessee. He decided to incorporate it into his character by playing an exaggeratedly racist half-elf ranger. Listening to what would normally be a snooty elven diatribe about the superiority of his race being delivered with a thick southern drawl was goddamn hilarious. It was even better because not only am I from Connecticut, I ended up playing a half-orc bard. So we had a stuck up southerner elf who lives innawoods bantering with an unusually cerebral northerner orc.

Our characters did not get along.

Yes Every day of my life because I'm my group's token redneck

Texas is Texas you dumb shit. It's the South, and the West, but more so than that it is Texas, motherfucker. Bet you're as sharp as a snake wanting sneakers.

As is right proper.

I played a Alabama Vietnam war veteran in Dont Rest your head. It was pretty awesome. That party TPK'ed so fast when the 1880s steel baron sold us all out to the evil darkness for cash

Government agent from a historically Jewish part of Georgia. I was really looking forward to the game, but it fell apart before I could play it.

That being said, southerners are my usual go-to, being Tejano and all.

>implying im not one irl
Pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5hPRmxo8k

depends on which part of the south. You've got a full quarter of the nation included in that. Dallas, New Orleans, Miami... need some clarification on that there

>>Just fuck already

Anyway in a Vampire game I had a player that was a full on redneck Gangrel that was a racing enthusiast in the 1930s that reinvented himself as his own great- grandson in the modern day. He was a good amount of fun and was actually pretty sensible despite the chip on his shoulder about the Union conquering his homeland

I mean, the group I grew up playing with was from/in South Carolina.
Granted none of us really had accents because we were from fairly affluent/educated families. We did have an extremist dwarf cleric NPC with a southern drawl though.

Actually, the last session we played ended with us sort of semi-accidentally killing each other. He turned into a werewolf and tore out my guts, I automatically took a swing with the scimitars I had found earlier, that completely coincidentally did bonus damage to elves (the dm knew full well this could only end one way and decided to facilitate it), and we both rolled exceptionally high.

>but even a stupid American might know Texas is thought of as western more than southern and it is a "brick shithouse.

Couple of things:

>Texas is considered "The South" in many regards because of its deep cultural and political roots to the Deep South and Greater Appalachia (moreso aligning with Greater Appalachia, especially nowadays) and the fact that it joined the CSA during the Civil War.
>Texas is also considered part of the South because the overwhelming majority of its population lives either in East or Central Texas, which again has far more in common with states west of the Sabine ecologically, politically, and culturally. (San Antonio is a major exception to this rule, as it sticks much closer to the "City-State" style of governance all Texas cities used to follow, because it had centuries of Spanish and Mexican influence to drive it deep within its collective consciousness).
>Because of Texas' unique geographic and cultural landscapes that prohibit it from being easily categorized as either Great Plains, Southwest, or Deep South, it is officially recognized as being "Central South" in most USG surveys and documentation, with the destitute Oklahoma tagging along for some God-forsaken reason.

And finally, most important of all:
>What part of the US Texas is considered a part of varies hugely on where you are in the state when you ask that question, because Texas is most accurately broken up into 5 major geo-cultural regions of West Texas, Piney Woods (East Texas), Central Texas, The Valley, Gulf Coast (Or more accurately just "Houston and Satellite Cities"), and The Panhandle, all of which are distinctly different from each other and have radically different climates (The biggest crop grown in the Houston area for decades was sugar and rice, while logging is the single largest industry in East Texas, and cattle ranching dominates West Texas, etc.). As such, attempting to put Texas into any region but Texas is an effort in futility.

>Texas Expeditionary Force
>Shot Cali-fags
>Post-apoc world in which mainland US is made hostile by Yellowstone eruption
>Lone Fort State
>First Sergeant Elliot Austin
>Awarded the Steel Star with Pecan cross for holding a section of wall for eight hours
>Awarded Primarch of the settlement of Huntsville upon his retirement

For Scion I played a scion of Odin/ex-navy SEAL. I wouldn't say it factored in much besides the accent (then again that may be because my group is in Texas.)

>sort of semi-accidentally killing each other.

And? How did that go?

Played Trail of Cthulhu set in the mid-80s with almost all of Delta Green's content converted to Gumshoe.

PC wasn't all too southern, but the GM placed a lot of plot importance on PC backstory notes, so I got lucky and the plot involved my character's western Virginia hometown. He was an FBI agent who maintained a fake, urban, wast-coast persona to be taken more seriously, and had serious personal issues when he was forced back into the environment of his past among his colleagues, from whom he hid his past.

Turned out pretty cool, GM involved the guy's family's history of mining with a Rats in the Walls-based twist, albeit with subterranean "ancient alien" hybrids instead of apes/cavemen. The character played on the idea of a guy desperately trying to escape being part of the stereotype of an inbred Southern horror family (Hills have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw, bit of the Freudian issues of Psycho).

that's "east coast," the way I typo'ed it could have gone either way

>Texan
>Not best State-nality Georgian

Best I've done is play a paladin with a southern drawl, and he was very well liked.

I've been wanting to play it a little deeper for a while now. If nothing else, post-war South has an interesting relationship with the North - defeated, yet proud and even defiant of the peace.

As a Texasfag I'm inclined to argue against anyone who says their state is superior, but I can't for a moment think you meant that non-ironically.

So I'm just gonna move on.

Was his name Kyle?

>Texas
>Being superior to the power couple that is New York and New Jersey

No, I only play as humans.

See?
This claim, hilariously misguided as it is, I can take seriously.

Yay, my state made "The west" category.

I once played a halfling cleric of Cayden Cailean. I gave him a thick Georgia drawl and high cha, but low int. He was a gentleman, but not a scholar.

I'm from the south so all i had to do for a southern gentleman style rouge trader was play up my accent. Everyone loved it, except the gm.