When you start selling other player characters into slavery

>when you start selling other player characters into slavery

One time I did this in a game, told the 3 characters ICly that we'd sneak in in the night and free all the slaves, but really the rogue and I just sold them all to slavery because the Barbarian, paladin and fighter continued to threaten us with violence if we didn't do as we were told and consistently were kept from getting payment. Made sure to tell the slavers that they'd try something, and to tell them after they brought them to market that their sale 'cleared balances owed'. Needless to say, the campaign got pretty derailed after they failed to escape.

>be me
>playing DnD Homebrew
>nobleman to an old, traditional house that historically approves of and takes part in the slave trade
>party has a talking, intelligent cat
>I want to sell that fucking cat
>I'm not even the first to come up with the idea
>his owner goes missing
>we go to a LITERAL temple to slavery gods for reasons
>one of the other party members stayed at the tavern, aka his player was absent
>only four player characters, myself and cat excluded
>almost ten temple NPCs
>all of whom communicate telepathically
>strike deal with temple to force party to surrender the cat
>one of the party members literally COVERS THEIR EYES AND STARTS CASTING for a dispel magic spell
>give the signal
>they refuse to surrender
>roll for initiative
And that's the story of how I got over half a dozen highly overpowered Warlocks to help me beat the shit out of my party and sell some of them into slavery. Best part?
>if someone drops below 0 in this temple, they can't roll saving throws
>THEY DIE INSTANTLY

They shouldn't have violated the NAP.

correction:
the confederacy bought, bred, and traded slaves.

we keep forgetting the dutch and french were the ones taking them from africa...

No slaves were transported directly from Africa to the Confederacy by ship, at least as far as we know, in the 1860s.
Wanderer (1858) and Clotilde (1859) were the last two ships known to have carried slaves directly from Africa to the US. And those were strictly speaking smuggling, seeing as the import of slaves had been banned in 1807.
That isn't to say the law stopped slave trade from happening, but the fact that slave ships were less common in the 1860s, the fact that there British West Africa Squadron was active until 1870, and that the Confederacy was under a rather significant blockade, there can't really have been a significant import of slaves during the Confederacy's brief life.

Disrupting the game for lol penguinz bullshit is cancer.

It's not lulpenguinz, it's a talking fucking cat. I've watched too much Pokemon to not know the possibilities.

That, and I think the player is legit retarded. either that or high 24/7.

That, and it fits relatively well within my character anyways.

It's a co-operative game. So long as your fun doesn't interfere with the fun of others it's fine.

The moment you start fucking things up, is where I veto that shit at my table.

I don't care if it's what your character would do.

>let me tell you what your group thinks and how they play

Nobody cares what you would veto.

Also buying them, not kidnapping them.

If you're playing at my table, you fucking better.

But im not though, neither was the guy you where criticising.

My gaming philosophy is relevant even if you aren't.

did this to a girls character after she stoped playing for a while, the DM wouldn't kill players when that just couldn't be there anymore instead she was just rocking back and forth in the hold of our sky ship. I wound up renting her out to pay for some magic upgrades to weapons I couldn't afford. sold her as to not clean the smeared Vaseline etc. that the dm described all over her room. the culmination of my player becoming evil from neutral, it was mostly decision between bad and worse the whole campaign untill we embraced it...

Hoo boy, have I got a story that relates to the OP.

>be human wizard
>playing with four of my friends
>only girl in the group is an elf ranger
>my char has the hots for her, but she's apparently lesbo
>[internally rage]
>during an intense battle only she and i are left alive
>she's lying on the ground, mortally wounded
>my char limps over and says that he's going to heal her
>cast "power word: stun" instead
>table is flipping out irl by this point
>lesbo rolls during multiple turns to break the stun but keeps failing
>manage to bind up her hands and feet with iron chains i've been carrying around for this day
>lean over and whisper in her ear
>"If I can't have you, then I will at least pick who can."

The DM called off the game by this point and said the night was over. I didn't get invited back to play for another three months after those shenanigans.

A (possibly) non-evil version.
>Be trusty Dwarf fighter in a party of flamboyant characters. Snowflakes, donut steals, the works.
>We are tracking down a local crimeboss. I'm about 60% certain the crimeboss was a donut steal of FF7's Don Cornelio
>We have no leads, his underlings are of the suicidal bend, the only one of his goons we had in a position to do with as we pleased suffered an "unfortunate accident" by the Paladin, who wouldn't abide torture (but murder's cool, right?)
>This is the start of our third session with zip. I come up with a morally reprehensible plan that should get us there.
>We have a bard on our party. A self-styled "hot as fuck" bardess with 21 charisma.
>We also had a Wizard who had Mage's Mark, and an ability to locate marked items
>I knew for a fact that the wizard had marked the paladin's holy symbol (He was an extra devout Paladin)
>In the dead of night, I swipe the paladin's holy symbol, put it in the bard's shit, and sneak out to make a deal with the criminals
>I tell them I'll arrange a kidnapping for some chump change and some standing with the boss
>Sure, OK
>Next morning, I tell everyone we have a lead that I got through some dwarven contacts
>We go to suspicious as fuck building where I say I've heard one of the boss' inner circle will be
>Someone needs to go up a broken floor and scout around, and the bard is our most maneuverable person
>Trap gets sprung, we get popped with knockout gas
>Bard kidnapped
>We all wake up, go come up with a plan
>Naturally, everyone blames me. I take responsibility for everything they are accusing me of
>I ask the paladin cynically if his god can help us
>Paladin sets out to prove me wrong, he can't find his symbol, obviously
>Wizard doesn't remember tracking it. Fuck.
>I say that I remember the wizard putting a tracker on it
>The wizard gets suspicious, notices that the Paladin's player hasn't caught on, and rolls with it
>Wizard tracks the symbol, figures out roughly where it is
1/2

I approve of these thread because they lure that guy out into the open where he can be identified and ostracized for the scum that he is.

>Paladin finally gets suspicious when his Holy Symbol is a few miles away
>I know nothing, maybe the Bard had it?
>Paladin is definitely onto me, but can't prove anything yet.
>We go looking for the symbol
>Find a really nice hotel
>Break in, go up some stairs.
>Bard's shit is in storeroom. Fuck.
>look around for a while
>Find Not Don Corneo with a naked bard tied to a bed. Probably a bit late.
>Fuck the guy up, untie the bard
>Paladin Zone of Truth's me the next day
>I was going to come clean anyways, but whatever
>Paladin and Bard pissed at me. I'm not sure if Wizard actually was, he seemed like he was acting pretty hard
>I go for the flip. This wouldn't have been necessary if we had interrogated that guy
>Paladin isn't buying it. Surprisingly enough, the Bard does.
>Bard now hates both me and Pally. Me a bit more, but some of the heat is off me.
>Wizard has stopped trying to care
>Get the speech from paladin, he's watching me
>We spend the rest of the session tying up loose ends
>The next session proceeded mostly as normal. The only real aftershocks were a few games later, when I got to be bait for an unknown monster that invaded the Paladin's home church (Turned out to be a Blue Dragon illusionist. I lost an ear)

I'll take "Things that never happened" for $800, Alex.

>be human wizard

See

>Did you know that a lot of slaves were BOUGHT in Africa and not captured?!?

I don't understand why this is supposed to make it better. Logic seems to be if you take slaves that's a problem, if you by them and use them for breeding more slaves that's totally morally justified.
And then there's the racist dimension of "the blacks took slaves so they're really no better" - oh you don't fucking say? Guess that if you hold slaves because racism that's okay if others have slaves for the same reasons?
Fucking /pol/.

You are not relevant. You are a drop in an ocean

>wizard
>healing
Even if it was a ruse it was a shit ruse.

>Starts PvP in a cooperative game
You are cancer, you belong in the trash

Reddit pls leave. We're trying to have a civilized discussion but you're disrupting us.

>lol /pol/
>lol reddit
you're two sides of the same shit-smeared coin

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?
>I'm not the guy you're replying to. I just wanted to say that. Have a nice day.

The vast majority of the slave trade was inflicted by Africans on other Africans, with the Arabs as the next biggest participant. Europeans were a small side show in the practice of slavery, and America was basically a non-participant. Only a fraction of a percentage of slaves were in America, and the total number of slaves in America was never very high. So yes, black slavery was far worse than European slavery.