Which of the two royal families would make a better four-PC party in an RPG?

Which of the two royal families would make a better four-PC party in an RPG?

Depends on the system.

Straight up Nohrians. In all 3 routes they were the best.

Royal families from where, exactly?
While the picture of random anime fantasy heroes No.153235 may be second nature to you, with no name attached the image and a suspicion this thread should be on /a/ or Veeky Forums it'll likely will limit any relevant response you want.

The Nohrians have better party balance - the Hoshidan siblings don't have a single offensive caster - but the fact that they're all mounted units will fucking cripple them in cramped spaces.

At which point, we have to ask; if you expy Fire Emblem classes into a tabletop RPG, how much power/ability does a cavalry unit lose if they dismount?

>He didn't take the second to search the image.
>He didn't take the second to look at the post above them to see where they are from.

>not playing Fire Emblem

The nohrian siblings havd the additional benefit of dismounting being basically reclassings.
For instance, Camilla off her Wyvern is basically a Berserker, or Oni Chieftan if the side tome thing is bugging you. Leo can basically shift into a Sorcerer in game anyway and Elise without a horse is a cleric.
But now I want an unmounted Paladin, just because Unmounted lance units are cool but heaviest armor just doesn't appeal to me

>he doesn't play fire emblem

>he doesn't know Fire Emblem.

Hmm... alright, that makes sense.

I have no idea what this picture is from, so I'm just going to post an opinion.

The chick with purple hair has nice big tits. I vote for her side.

>He doesn't suck Fire Emblem's cock.

if we are talking about them keeping fire emblem classes/mechanics nohrian scum has a huge defensive pool but i prefer hoshidan glass cannon classes. swordmasters and snipers are how i beat the game. The lack of a good archer killed me in conquest

Overall Nohr has better classes to pick from, like Great Knight and Dark Flier, while Hoshido has classes that learn the +5 if you use X skills and has the best archer classes.
DLC classes like Witch are bloody overpowered though.

Nohr had the better magic units too, as Nyx was a magical nuke in a tiny package and Ophelia was a crit machine once properly set up, compared to Orochi's slow ass and the one boy's overall crappyness.

If you ever did a setting or campaign, never, EVER let your pcs be royals. They are overpowered and usually have access to good shit like Sig or Rai.

>he doesn't tenderly hold fire emblem's hand and propose to her after a year of pure monogamous dating

Nohrian family, no question, if only because they have a mage instead of an archer.

FE related question, what exactly in tabletop terms would best describe FE's Warrior? They have high health, high strength, low speed, moderate accuracy, moderate defense and primarily use a melee weapon with the ability to use low end bows?

Some Fire Emblem games (like FE3) actually have a dismount option for indoor battles. Though this effectively changes their class instead of just being a dismounted variant of their own class. Which is also part of the reason dismounting sucks.

For example, Cavalier and Paladin both turn into the Knight class when dismounted.Which is fine for the Cavalier, but since the Paladin is the promoted version of the Cavalier, turning into a Knight is just a straight downgrade in every way.

In Thracia dismounted units can only use swords, that kind of fucks up your Dragon Knights since Swords aren't native to their class.

Yeah that wasn't an issue in FE3 since it had one unified weapon level instead of different ranks for each weapon type.

Probably just a Fighter in D&D terms. FE doesn't really translate that well into D&D though.

Looking at it now, it fucks over both fliers. Why not just have dismounted units use the weapon type with the highest level? That would actually make the fliers not deadweight indoors.

>tfw they'll never bring back the GBA-era Weight/Constitution mechanics

Thankfully not, they're mechanics that screwed over some classes.

Not really.

Besides making sense (can't have some skinny assassin zipping around with a big fuckoff brave sword), it also made lower-tier weapons more viable (the ability to trade in some base damage for the ability to double-hit easier was great) and balanced out big-but-slow and small-but-fast units a bit. Without weapon weight you get shit like an Assassin with halfway decent STR being the best at everything, but if you make it so using a huge weapon slows him down because his CON is shit, that evens things out. It strategic options that go beyond "just give your best dude the strongest weapon". Making Myrmidons be better with a Killing Edge than a Brave Sword and having them hunt down low-armor units instead of just going for the biggest damage numbers works both mechanically and in a common sense way.

Any individual imbalances (like Nino being weighed down by anything ever due to being small) are a matter of adjusting the stats a bit (a book shouldn't be a huge burden).

With weapon weight you get shit like Ray, Sophia and Florina with Sophia being the best example of why Weight and CON are not a good mechanic.

Nohr. Hoshito scum can't compete. The Nohrian family has actual personality!

To be fair they are already sort of doing that in that non-basic weapons tend to decrease your effective speed or debuff you in other ways. The Brave Sword gives you your extra attacks but it comes with a pretty sizable speed penalty, if memory serves, so you have to be DAMN fast to quad-attack with it.

The weapon weight thing on tomes bothered me in the GBA era. Why the fucking FUCK are Canas's books so heavy compared to the metal weapons others are swinging around?

>not even knowing what potentially will be the third most popular Nintendo IP

They take a higher toll on your mind and sanity, making it a higher cost to CON.

Is it just me or did they go out of the way to make notEurope to look like bad guys and notJapan the good guys?

I'm not the only one am I?

Back on topic
>Boob lady any day

>glorious Nippon ever being wrong
You might be on to something here user.

But they gave the Nohrian big sister huge boobs, clearly trying to bring people to that side.

There was a fair bit of cultural bias towards Hoshido, yeah.

Which is kind of funny since I think (not super familiar with FE2) they've done the "kingdom of military might and scarcity" and "kingdom of peace and plenty" before, and made a point that while the mighty kingdom became tyrannical the kingdom where people lived in abundance became corrupt and indolent, something they failed to convey at all when they revisited the concept with Hoshido.

>playing fates

Hey, the story was crap but Conquest's levels were fantastic.

It just falls into your preferred flavor of Fighter or Barbarian really

Japan has always had a bias towards itself.

Why would you use 5e for Fire Emblem and not 4e, the actual grid-based tactical combat game?

It's an option. I only did a supplement for 5e for those who want to play 5e Fire Emblem campaigns without the grid based aspect

I'd be pretty easy for 4e though. Just match up existing FE classes to 4e classes and you're done.

The one that isn't Japan self-inserting

>Fire Emblem
>without a grid

Played a one to one FE TRPG before. It was actually pretty fun.

>Fire Emblem campaigns without the grid

Then play it on a grid. You act like some random person on the internet is forbidding you to do so.

Alternatively, write a supplement for 4e. I'd do it myself but I don't know 4e as well as I do 5e since there's a lot more content

Was it Fire Emblem: The Tides of War?

Nohr all the way. Actual personality. Leo's Pragmatism and Xander's Chivalry under trying circumstances are way better than Hoshido's HONOR and MAD.

Is there a pdf for this?

There is, but it's a bit too big to fit on Veeky Forums. Lemme see if I can compress it for you

>He doesn't enjoy watching fire emblem being played by other men with big, strong units

So the file's too big even after compression, and the only way to get it down under 8mb is to compress the images beyond recognition

Fortunately I still have the original files from when I made the system, so I can go back through and rip out some pictures, which in hindsight I didn't compress before adding them to the pdf.

If you can give me like 30 minutes to trim the document and readd all of the bookmarks?

I'm pretty sure the Nohrian characters are more popular in Japan, despite that.

If you're still around, I managed to find the dropbox from the guy's blog; if it's the same version, working on going through that one. thanks for giving me the heads up on this.

It is. It's all the same content but when I made it I wasn't considering Veeky Forums's file limits.

I may still keep going on this trimmed down version just so it can circulate on Veeky Forums a little more instead of having to go to my blog for it.

Nevertheless, enjoy it. Use the contact info in the pdf if you have a question about the system

Nohr had Wolfskins, like the adorably autistic Velouria.
Hoshido had the literally retarded Selkie.

Conquest was overall better than Birthright as well.

Finished the compressed version so it can get around Veeky Forums now. Didn't mean to start semi-shilling my own system but I get excited when I get a chance to post my stuff

Enjoy anons