>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Stale bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/02/14/tactical-toolbox-charging/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hi there, I'm considering picking up AoS after a long holiday away from wargaming in general. I've read over the rulebook and some of the army books and it seems very, very simple. So with that in mind are there any tactics or tricks anyone might know? I have the feeling it's what isn't written is what you can use in a match.

Also, is there a tier list yet? Or perhaps more importantly, a points system as of yet? Google throws up the facebook, but there's nothing showing point values as of yet.

The general handbook has a point system. For your tier list please join /40kg/.

Yes read the general's handbook

>point system
General's handbook can be found in the OP. Also, the army builder has the points as well and is also in the OP.

Hello young one, I shall be your spoon feeder.

>So with that in mind are there any tactics or tricks anyone might know?

Just play games until you have a feel for it, watch battle reports on youtube, watch warhammer live streams on a Wednesday

>Also, is there a tier list yet?

Irrelevant, play with what looks coolest. If you are determined to see a tier list so you can pick the most powerful army, just play 40k, it might be more up your street.

>Or perhaps more importantly, a points system as of yet?

Generals handbook, it's in the storage parts of the pastebin

What they said, too.

Do you really need anything spoonfed to you? Do you stroll into the D&D threads like:

>So I like dungeons, and I like dragons. What is better a Rogue or a Death Knight?

You could look at the tournament winning armies section

Ah, I see now. Thanks for explaining that! I'm more general curious about tiers so I can show my friends a list so they can get a sense of balance to the game. Ideally everyone is the same, but considering GW stuff in general, that's a hard pill to swallow. The last we heard was that in fantasy, demons wrecked everything and in 40k it was necrons. I'm unsure if that's relevant now.

What seems to be the most popular armies you've all seen then? The game is still very young, but I love musing over and seeing all that stuff.

trees

Not dictating on how your group should approach things but starting with: what's strong/popular seems like the wrong approach to me.

You can win and/or cheese with all 4 grand alliances.

Caught the "comedian" guy at my LGS, who memes "age of shitmar" endelssly, buying a large amount of Sylvaneth at the Games Workshop in town as I was picking up my Direct Orders.

>Being prepared to pay 15% more just to avoid the embarrassment of being seen buying AOS

We're winning them over, lads.

Been working on my Knight-Questor for Hinterlands. Haven't really decided on a name or a backstory yet. All i know that said Knight-Questor and a trio of Vanguard-Hunters are traveling the realm of beasts in search of something.

Also, this is the first model using round bases for my Radiant Gallants, so I hope whoever kept bitching about square bases is happy now.

I know. If anything it's to avoid races that are strong and popular. I personally like to try things that are different.

That's good to hear. So is there a very real sense of balance to that game? That's great!

That came out so much better then i thought it was gunna, job done mate

Between the strongest sub faction of each alliance kinda : TK / SE - Sylvaneth / Skryre - Nurgle / beastriders - gobs.
I've also seen great success with some original lists (deathlord - wright). Some factions are definitely subpar and it will be hard to pull it off (Dwarf / Brets for example).

>tfw I was won over recently

shit, thought I'd escaped tabletop gaming for good

Does Skaven have a battletome or are they part of another battletome?

Pestilens has a battletome; the rest doesn't have anything yet.

All non legacy Skaven are in the Chaos tome. Though Pestilens has it's own book as the only clan to receive any attention (Because best clan)

Is that the Everchosen tome?

i have this 1500 point start list and i have 2 ways to finish it. not sure what is better when you have random scenarios from the GH

frostlord on stonehorn 460
3x3 bulls 360
20 gnoblars 100
1 butcher 140

now i can either add 6 ironguts ooor 6 bulls and 40 gnoblars. i was wondering if 6 ironguts would leave me to low on models.

other option is to remove the butcher and add a tyrant plus 3 bulls and 60 fucking gnoblars(i could use my 120 painted gnoblars from hordehammer for a change) this would make 2 units of 40 gnoblars i can use bully on to make them unbreakable. which would give me 2 giant ass meat shields.

Does anyone know a way to play online? Me and my friends used to use Vassal back in the day.

Just check the app, there are only a few battallions in that book.

No, the Everchosen tome is the Everchosen tome. You're looking for Grand Alliance: Chaos.

Alright fa\tg\uys its time to make your predictions

Whats gonna happen in the send ed of sigmar?

Do you think GW is going to restore the old world mid/low western fantasy?

Will free people get any love and attention?

Will death get raised from the dead? Or are they going to turn to dust.

How many more stormcast are we gonna get before destruction gets some love?

About 4 or 5. Then about 5 more before a death battletome.

Skyre is best clan.

Pestilens is just wannabe Nurgle.

>tfw only 1 death battletome

>It's for fucking ghouls

This mess is like 40k's third edition. Give it time lads. Next step is crushing the ninth-age faggits.
Then 40k (WE WILL BE THE BEST GAME IN GAMES WORKSHOP!)

And lastly, we will do what the beatles couldn't: we will be more popular than jesus.

>Whats gonna happen in the send ed of sigmar?
What?

>Do you think GW is going to restore the old world mid/low western fantasy?
Hahahaha, you're funny guy, user.

>Will free people get any love and attention?
Probably a little while down the road.

>Will death get raised from the dead? Or are they going to turn to dust.
I have no idea where they'd even take Death from here. Most of the possible angles are either already taken by another faction, are boring or make no sense.

>How many more stormcast are we gonna get before destruction gets some love?
We had Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz and (I think) Ironjawz since the last SC battletome, so why don't you stop bitching?

Fat fingered, i meant changes in the second edition.

Yeah but since then how many stromcast toys have we gotten?

>It's for fucking ghouls
It also has far and away the best lore, presents a unique and interesting playstlye and does greatly improve a one-note sub-faction into an actual army.

Flesh Eater Courts is objectively great.

It's a shame Death doesn't have more Battletomes but FEC is awesome.

I think still through the biggest issue death has right now is the army was designed around summoning. Problem with that is, summoning was designed around the idea that there would be no points, which no matter how much of an AoS fan you are, GW thinking that they could just drop this game with no points and have everything be ok was a good idea, is really a bad one.

So you have an army whos main gimic is to summon, which go nerfed hardcore and nerfed them.

Hell one of their artifacts they cant even take unless they want to pay double for the model thats taking it.

I like death for it's magic and summoning though which the ghouls don't really have much of

Sure, but Seraphon get around that despite also being a summoning army, as do Tomb Kings and Flesheater Courts.
But I overall hold that reinforcement points, while needed, were a clumsy solution.

True, but tombkings are kinda a moot point to bring up since you know, they got shit canned which im waiting for them to back pedal on that one.

The new concept art for AoS cities looks exactly like the Empire cities of the Old World, only cooler. One more thing to humiliate the grognards with.

They wouldn't bring them back in the lore if they had no intention to bring them back to the tabletop.

Keep clinging to that hope.
There's been tons of shit with way more mention than the one blurb of TK, but none of that has any chance of becoming a faction, either.

would I be utter scum if I were to go with Stormcasts?

I've never been 'that' Ultramarines guy back in 40K, and ever since I saw Stormcasts back at launch I thought they just looked as dumb and generic, but I did used to play Black Templars for that sick Crusading aesthetic, and now every time I look at Stormcasts I just think about giving them some kind of holy order paint scheme.

As a 40k player who finds it increasingly plausible that 40k will have it's own 'Age of Sigmar', I have some questions for you guys:

How prevalent are the 'comedy' rules which require you to do socially awkward stuff for a mechanical advantage? How bad are they?

Now that there's a points system, what is the AoS balance actually like? Usual GW shit or actually reasonable? Am I likely to be auto-losing with orks forever or is there hope?

How often are the points costs revised? Are they all done at once by the same people or are they done on a per-army basis like the traditional Army Book / Codex system? I don't really know how points work for AoS... I get the impression there's something called the General's Handbook which has all the points in and then your army book just has the rules? Is that close to how it is? What about models which weren't around when the last General's Handbook was written?

If they didn't sell then they probably won't sell now.

Friend of mine is building a dwarven airship, I made some custom rules for it. Anyone want to give it a review?

Eh moot point again, because the whole rebranding of fantasy was because nothing was selling.

Besides tombkings were the only non kitbashed way to get range for death.

Its kind of ironic, the faction they squated was the one that death needed the most to make them viable.

I asked earlier on.

You can check the general handbook at the top of the thread, I've yet to have a look myself, so I'm unsure how well the points are balanced.

I've been told that there's good balance between the factions, but some like the Brets and dwarves have it a bit harder than others.

Join the club

Way more than Death

- They don't exist outside of legacy armies and even then they are invariably ignored.

- Fairly reasonable balance. Far from perfect, but the yearly rebalance should blunt the worst offenders rapidly.

- The General's Handbook with all point cost (bar the Forgeworld shit) is supposed to be redone yearly. We've seen some stuff from GBH 2.0 and it hints of fairly significant and needed changes.

- The newer Battletomes (think Codices) contain all the points for that faction, as well, so no unit is without cost.

From what i have heard from a good source, GW is going to AoS 40k...sorta, they are going to have 2 ways to play a watered down AoS version, and a more rules intensive version which i heard is going to be 30k ish.

As for the socially awkward stuff, thats removed, they dont actually exist in point play anymore.

Balance is pretty skewed right now between order and chaos, namely stormcast right now.

I dont think anyone can answer the 3rd since there has not been a point revise yet.

The comedic rules have mostly vanished. Even when some stays nobody expect you to follow them to get the buff. At least where I play.

I'm waiting for you to substantiate your claim.

>any tactics or tricks anyone might know?
I haven't played yet but from what accounts I have recollected the most important things of such nature are listed here
warhammer-community.com/2017/02/14/tactical-toolbox-charging/

I don't see much difference desu

>Do you think GW is going to restore the old world mid/low western fantasy
I think GW is going to do this. Screencap.

They're now multilayered and labyrinthine, like a low tech level Hive.

- Woah Darling, Hold On! and Broadside Barrage with their directional limitations don't fit AoS.
- Without knowing the model, I'd think it'd be fairly substantial, considering all the shit it needs to house, so 15 wounds seem low-ish.
- If you want the regen, make them forgo all shooting with the organ gun.
- Why does the Long Rifle fire like a gattling gun? And Damage 2? Seriously?

I don't remember them being much more ordered; on a smaller scale if anything.

dumping related art for human cities since I'm at it.

What I've found of distinctive in the cities of age of sigmar is how they end up with a lot of arcs and domes over towers and spires, at least on the upper, richer levels, kinda reminded me of ravnica going to post art about those later

That's Fighting Fantasy, not Warhammer.

the setting seems warhammer or there's a reason for that skaven symbol down there to be that I'm missing

Is this an AoS piece?

The book that this illustration comes from predates the concept of Skaven by over ten years.

Are these Adrian Smith pieces? I'm asking myself just how much creativity can one man have.

Appers the first time in the 8th edition of warhammer fantasy, you can notice karl franz with ghal maraz on deathclaw; then reappeared in the book for the grand alliance of order, it's debatable whether it was done with AoS in mind or just with the same key thematics and aesthetics, the artist, kevin chin always depicts in those terms so it's difficult to say.

neat and strange info

the first and pic related are from dave gallagher if I read the faces correctly, the other 2 don't seem from smith to me, perhaps they are dainton's or that other artist I never remember the name that still does AoS pics

Dave Gallagher actually seems to be the one in charge of designing AoS cities now.

now, for the AoS part of the dump here's starting with the artist I don't remember

I don't remember carnac doing the dump of the new art this time, so here's a few relevant new pieces

I'd say it was probably more stressful being a citizen inside the city walls of one of these places than a farm bordering a Beastman wood.

Every five minutes one of these clockwork magical nightmares screams past your house along with 2000 crazed followers

I always saw this picture as those Khorne guys saying

>This is fucking brilliant, they're coming to us!

>Whats gonna happen in the send ed of sigmar?
Probably not much.

>Do you think GW is going to restore the old world mid/low western fantasy?
Highly unlikely.

>Will free people get any love and attention?
Eventually, sure.

>Will death get raised from the dead? Or are they going to turn to dust.
I'm betting Deathrattle will be the next battletome. I'd prefer Soulblight, but Deathrattle require less work, such as having almost a full range of models.

>How many more stormcast are we gonna get before destruction gets some love?
I think Stormcast may actually take a break. The new battletome format seems to be what GW wants to settle on, and now that it's out (along with most angles one can take on Stormcast mechanically), Stormcast may be taking a back seat as far as releases go.

gryphs>dracoths
knighly orders>stormcasts

>- Woah Darling, Hold On! and Broadside Barrage with their directional limitations don't fit AoS.

I don't see why I wouldn't be possible to use it like this.

>- Without knowing the model, I'd think it'd be fairly substantial, considering all the shit it needs to house, so 15 wounds seem low-ish.
It's hull is expanded upon the Dark Eldar Reaver ship, so it's a tad bigger than that. Not overly big too, it's the balloon that's biggest.

>- If you want the regen, make them forgo all shooting with the organ gun.
Well it's a chance with a random dice roll, it does limit the fire-power of the ship. But I'll keep this open.

>- Why does the Long Rifle fire like a gattling gun? And Damage 2? Seriously?
Mixed the rules of the steam gun with the long rifle. But yeah, it seems fairly strong, I'll keep this one in mind as well.

what's a good model to convert into a Herald of Nurgle.

I don't wanna do it with the Lord of Nurgle. I would use the Lord on the Glottkin, but I cant find him by himself.

here's the style of dome and arcs I was talking about some posts ago, which may fit well for a non-ruins kit of scenery pieces

it's like living in Disneyland, except with skeletons instead of Mickey Mouse

I honestly prefer the dracoth's because some of the demigryph poses are retarded and make them look like Tom chasing Jerry

here's a crazy idea: cairn wraith, arthropod limbs from wathever bitsbox you have for feet and 2 other skulls to evoke the aspect of "decay" of nurgle rather than the now common "bountiful pustules"

Palladors with lances or axes?

lances = more distance and rend
bolter and axe = more attacks overall

I love the clean lines of this artist

not a bad idea.

Long rifle should go to d3 attacks after its first wound stage. This should also have behemoth and artillery keywords.

>Colleges of Magic
>2217

How was this published? Truly 7th was the worst edition.

last image of the dump

Is that that a giant trash dove or whatever they call it rocking in the background on the left side?

Tzeentchian birbs know no bound in time or social media.

found a larger pic

there's no way to run 6 magmadroths in matched play at 2k right? Ben Curry mentioned it on Baddice

No, max of 4 behemoths in 2000 points

Yes, I also felt like that for the long rifle. Also, the Behemoth and Artillery keywords are already chosen but these keywords don't go on the warscrolls.

How strict are people on wysisyg considering command items like banners and musicians? I know the FAQ ruled that the models still keep their weapons, but visually in a unit of 5 if three of them have special things going on (banner, icon, horn) then that leaves only two with weapons which looks kind of silly

if a model with a banner also keeps their weapons, could a model with weapons also keep their banner?

I'm going to want that model to unambiguously be a banner bearer, and also be the only model that could be the banner bearer in the unit. I don't care how that's modelled, but that's what would make me happy.