How can I play a LG character without being a no fun allowed asshole?

>how can I play a LG character without being a no fun allowed asshole?

You can't. LG is, like CE, an alignment I ban for being disruptive. It simply does not work as a PC alignment.

LG is not "being a nice guy", it is a way of life that requires sacrifice and innate intolerance of all nongood alignments and unlawful behaviour. This includes neutral. A LG party member should uncompromisingly persecute Evil and actively criticize and attempt to elevate Neutral and Chaotic characters for they tacitly and actively rationalise and endorse non-good and non-lawful conduct.

Thus either a LG character is a hypocrite untrue to themselves, or invites PVP the moment someone lapses.

Your character "obeys the law"? I bet they still break bylaws. Your character is "a good person?" Have they ever unquestioningly accepted payment from the poor, judged someone unfairly, turned a blind eye to evil for the greater good or lied knowingly?

You aren't LG. You're TN, LN or NG. That's just how it is.

But what if I'm CG?

Okay.

Butthurt much?

>how can I play a LG character without my DM being a no fun allowed asshole?

no

Are you a normal, functional member of society? If you saw a crime being committed, would you report it to the police?

Do you make small donations to charitable organizations, and spontaneously perform good actions like helping old ladies cross the road? Do you believe that the rule of law can save us from anarchy?

Then you're Lawful Good.

You are wrong. I could try typing an essay why, but I'd rather just reflect on the plentiful LG characters I have played as or alongside.

Anyone got that screencap about the 3 stages of playing Lawful Good?

>Thus either a LG character is a hypocrite untrue to themselves, or invites PVP the moment someone lapses.

A LG character isn't perfect, and only a complete shitter is going to turn up to a game and use the alignment of their character to justify player versus player. stuff. LG doesn't have to mean intolerance - couldn't you play a character that strives to follow laws, that strives to be good, and hopes to encourage others to follow that path through their own actions? If he finds he has broken a law, he atones. If his companions have performed evil acts, he makes amends for them.

Any twatbadger can turn an alignment into a convenient excuse for why they get to kill other player characters (it all boils down to "It's what my character would do!"), but that's not the only way to approach any given alignment.

>If his companions have performed evil acts, he makes amends for them
Suffer not the evil to live. If thy eye offends thee, cast it out.

>Are you a normal, functional member of society? If you saw a crime being committed, would you report it to the police?

>Do you make small donations to charitable organizations, and spontaneously perform good actions like helping old ladies cross the road? Do you believe that the rule of law can save us from anarchy?

>Then you're Lawful Good.

No, you are Neutral Good. BEING A NICE GUY DOES NOT EQUAL LAWFUL GOOD. We call ourselves law abiding but forgive lapses and lies of our own and our friends'.

>No, you are Neutral Good. BEING A NICE GUY DOES NOT EQUAL LAWFUL GOOD. We call ourselves law abiding but forgive lapses and lies of our own and our friends'.

If you didn't, you would be Lawful Neutral.

How does it feel to be a turbo-autist who doesn't even know how alignments work?

>BEING A NICE GUY DOES NOT EQUAL LAWFUL GOOD.
Says who?

You're confusing Lawful Good with "perfect" Lawful Goodness, which is stupid. Only Angels (or was it Archons?) are capable of that. Representing alignment as a nine-by-nine grid is actually a bit reductive: people who are lawful and good are still capable of chaotic and evil actions, because they're not elemental Lawful or Good (again: angels and the like would be an exception to this). Similarly, Demons are perfectly Chaotic Evil, and Devils are perfectly Lawful Evil: humans and creatures of similar order can only be imperfectly aligned.

Don't think to hard about it, really, it's only ever a rough guide for a reason.
/thread

Lawful Good is not Lawful Perfect.
You can tolerate more chaotic/unlawful things if they're for Good. You can make judgments, have flaws, be a real character and still be Lawful Good.
There's nothing inherently wrong with any alignment just because you and no one you've played with can roleplay it well.

>DnD alignments

I believe laws make for a more just and fair society and we're all better off for following them.

Oh hey there's someone breaking the law. Despite the existence of a criminal justice system, I'm going to initiate PVP and murder them myself.

I'm OP's batshit notion of "lawful"

Ignoring rule-breaking in some cases is neutral on law-chaos scale.
Lawful good still can twist laws without breaking them for the greater good. That includes not starting PvP on first law breach, but working to make others to obey law in more subtle and efficient ways.
Also, there is a ton ways of having fun legally and without hurting anybody - just choose a codex where weed and hookers are allowed

>I hate it when my players want to actually do things in my game.

I pity you.

>Suffer not the evil to live. If thy eye offends thee, cast it out.

So if you're looking at the bible now for your definition of what "lawful good" is in your roleplaying games (which is a fucking stupid thing to do in the first place), then surely there's space for forgiving the sins of others in your definition of lawful good?

>For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
>But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

>Oh fuck I missed my bus in the morning and now my deity took my powers for falling

>that whole rant

the truth is you're autistic and nobody told you.

>I'm a huge autist

Nice of you to let us know, now fuck off to /tumblr/ or just kill yourself.

>Suffer not the evil to live. If thy eye offends thee, cast it out.

Jesus was Lawful Evil.

You can be the most merciful of men,
however some standards still need to be maintained.

I'm sorry you're such a cunt, OP. It must be hard to go through life like that.